North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam... - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam... - Page 2 Empty Re: Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam...

Post by 06Southgirl 24/02/15, 08:08 am

Zizou wrote:They will grand father the older groups. USSF is not going to create an absolute mess when it comes to implementing the rule. So get on with it change the 06 and below and move on.
If they just changed the 06 and below then what would that mean for Fall 05s thst are currently 06 right now?

06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam... - Page 2 Empty Re: Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam...

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 08:08 am

At the very least if USSF does create the Academy for girls as has been said they are (will be tied to ECNL, or ECNL will become it) the Academy will be by Calendar year. The boys academy already is and will reach as far as U12 starting Fall of 2016.

So anyone going that route in the future will have to deal with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 08:09 am

06southgirl wrote:
Zizou wrote:They will grand father the older groups. USSF is not going to create an absolute mess when it comes to implementing the rule. So get on with it change the 06 and below and move on.
If they just changed the 06 and below then what would that mean for Fall 05s thst are currently 06 right now?

They would be 05s.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 08:13 am

Borussia wrote:I'll give 3 examples...

FC Barcelona
Man City
Real Madrid

Only 20-25% of their rostered players have birthdays in the Aug-Dec span.  75-80% are the Jan-july span.  With the highest % being Jan-Apr.

Yes, but does it really matter? What do we accomplish by shifting our teams so that more elite players are born in Jan through March instead of Aug through October? In 10 years the average birthday month of our elite players better matches the birthdays of the rest the soccer universe?

If USSF wants to copy the world, copy things that matter...like setup a structure so your pro leagues can use promotion / relegation like the rest of the world...not this birthday stuff that impacts (for no good reason) the 99.9% of players who should be playing with their school year. My kid is born in Jan. and I still think it's silly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 08:14 am

I don't see ECNL moving on Academy for girls when they already have the market. Plus we all know the girls pays for the guys, so who will pay for the girls.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 06Southgirl 24/02/15, 08:16 am

Borussia wrote:
06southgirl wrote:

They would be 05s.
I understand that but he said 06 and below for the change.   If they just changed 06 and below something would have to be done for that Fall 05 group.  They would be excluded otherwise.   I think they will just alter ECNL like Borussia said or they will change it the whole nine yards.
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 08:21 am

Zizou wrote:I don't see ECNL moving on Academy for girls when they already have the market. Plus we all know the girls pays for the guys, so who will pay for the girls.

Agreed...ECNL becoming Academy seems highly unlikely. What reason do the clubs have to give up any control to USSF when they already have the market. And there aren't enough NWSL or MLS franchises that will spend money or coaching infrastructure on girls academies. So unless USSF is spending their own money on a girls DA - it's not gonna happen.

My guess is this age group thing will only affect boys DA, and a small handful of state associations that decide to use it for a few years....until they ditch it and switch back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 08:27 am

It won't affect boys DA because boys DA has ALWAYS been calendar year. Nothing to change for them. Simply adding U12 to the mix fall of 2016.

USSF puts money into the DA academy to offset cost. Not every DA Academy program is free. Solar academy is not and is the most expensive in DFW.

USSF has stated they will be launching DA Academy for girls, ECNL was mentioned, not stated as the vessel.

Regardless, your 01 DDs will be U16s or U17s before this happens so will have next to zero impact on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 08:34 am

I think USSF has seen the girls market, that the neglected for many years, is now very profitable and growing and they are shut out!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 08:50 am

Borussia wrote:It won't affect boys DA because boys DA has ALWAYS been calendar year.  Nothing to change for them.  Simply adding U12 to the mix fall of 2016.

USSF puts money into the DA academy to offset cost.  Not every DA Academy program is free.  Solar academy is not and is the most expensive in DFW.

USSF has stated they will be launching DA Academy for girls, ECNL was mentioned, not stated as the vessel.  

Regardless, your 01 DDs will be U16s or U17s before this happens so will have next to zero impact on them.

USSF did not state they WILL launch a DA Academy for girls. In essence, they said they were exploring it, as they've said about a whole host of things over the years. And they didn't say anything about ECNL becoming DA, they said they have a good relationship with ECNL.

ECNL is 100% about college recruiting, and very little is about player development for the national team. Scholastic sports are based on around the school year. The DA could force boys to not play high school...but neither ECNL nor USSF has this clout to force the same on girls. I think this ends up as much ado about nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 09:13 am

And that's the beauty of the forum.

You don't want the change nor think it will happen at all

I would love to see the change and think some changes will happen.

We can agree to disagree.

I didn't know that there was zero college recruitment don't out of the boys DA Academy. We must be pumping out pros left and right from there since none of them are going to college.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 09:25 am

No one has said change is bad or will not happen. First USSF is great about talking about change, but from my understanding their talk is cheap. Plus, USSF has a lot of other pressing issues that I would consider more important than calendar year or not. Focus on developement of our younger aged players and holding these associations responsible to the procedure set by USSF. If that was to happen maybe a little more merit wold be given when USSF spoke.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 09:28 am

I for one hope they do bring the DA to the girls and as far as DA college recruitment goes I believe my sons older team went 100% recruited. I know people here think ECNL is the end all be all but it's just another leage. If the USSF starts a DA and starts to fill it's youth national teams with players from it's own league, guess where the top talent will go. When the top talent goes the next tier will follow for the competition and when that happens the college scouts will follow. You have it all backwards. The scouts don't give 2 $#its about ECNL or any other league. They follow the talent period. Any yes ECNL, USSF have the clout to force not playing HS on girls too. ECNL doesn't have the will because it is not about development but thats also why the USSF wants to start a league. If tomorrow ECNL said no HS guess what, a majority of their players would choose to drop HS rather than losing their ECNL spot. Those that didn't would just lose their spot to someone waiting in the wings
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 09:30 am

All of that being said, the USSF will do NOTHING. Calender year will only be in the DA. Samller side game also only in the DA. A girls DA will come and all of those with such loyalty to the ECNL will jump on board
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 09:32 am

Change has been happening, slowly, but still happening.  

The creation of the DA Academy was a start....
They added a U16 and U14 National team...

They are proposing more...

So let's say girls DA isnt piggy backed with ECNL... well that opens the door for non ECNL clubs to swoop in and reap the rewards...

Imagine that competing forums of development.... Haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 09:37 am

Isn't that what PPL, NPL, and all the other are for. So that would be the make up of girls DA . Lol that sound like a government business model. Contract to the lowest bidders.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 09:40 am

there would be no competition. Plainly put representative from the national team are at DA practice and games hence a huge advantadge for those players. So the top players who want to play at that level gravitate there for that advantadge. That movement pulls other talent and also scouts. There will be no piggy backing the ECNL it will be a seperate league. ECNL will either compete or fill in the gaps like pre academy does for boys.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 09:43 am

go99 wrote:there would be no competition.  Plainly put representative from the national team are at DA practice and games hence a huge advantadge for those players.  So the top players who want to play at that level gravitate there for that advantadge.  That movement pulls other talent and also scouts.  There will be no piggy backing the ECNL it will be a seperate league.  ECNL will either compete or fill in the gaps like pre academy does for boys.

Sorry to burst your bubble go, but the last two ECNL events in Phoenix and Sanford the national team was out in force watching games and players. Hell they sat in between the benches during the solar , surf game.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 09:45 am

Zizou wrote:Isn't that what PPL, NPL, and all the other are for. So that would be the make up of girls DA . Lol that sound like a government business model. Contract to the lowest bidders.

Oh and I know people here think texas is the center of the universe but it's not and there are parts of the contry that ECNL is not even the top league. Why do you think we all play CL here? Not because we love CL so much. It's because thats where the top competition is. If PPL had all of the top competition we would all be trying to qualify there instead. League come and go an nobody bats an eye. If the us is going to improve it's soccer then the DA must do a girls league and make change. Or they could wait until womens soccer does as poorly as mens
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 09:48 am

With that being said the big clubs that have boys DA also have ECNL except for andromeda on the boys side and Defeeters on the girls side. So what will really change, Nothing.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 09:50 am

Zizou wrote:
go99 wrote:there would be no competition.  Plainly put representative from the national team are at DA practice and games hence a huge advantadge for those players.  So the top players who want to play at that level gravitate there for that advantadge.  That movement pulls other talent and also scouts.  There will be no piggy backing the ECNL it will be a seperate league.  ECNL will either compete or fill in the gaps like pre academy does for boys.

Sorry to burst your bubble go, but the last two ECNL events in Phoenix and Sanford the national team was out in force watching games and players. Hell they sat in between the benches during the solar , surf game.

Ok it's early so maybe you haven't had your coffee. So sorry to interupt your bubble bursting the national team was out in force because THEY DONT HAVE DA FOR GIRLS. At no point did I say they CURRENTLY don't go to ECNL games. That could change with the introduction of their own league
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 09:50 am

Where? What league?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 09:52 am

Zizou wrote:With that being said the big clubs that have boys DA also have ECNL except for andromeda on the boys side and Defeeters on the girls side. So what will really change, Nothing.

What will change is the ability to make change. Unlike others I don't believe the USSF have the ability to affect change outside of their own structure. I don't believe these rumored changes will hit CL or ECNL or any other governing body. The USSF will just bring more players under it's umbrella. Dropping to U12 maybe all the way down to U10 and adding girls
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 09:53 am

go99 wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Ok it's early so maybe you haven't had your coffee.  So sorry to interupt your bubble bursting the national team was out in force because THEY DONT HAVE DA FOR GIRLS.  At no point did I say they CURRENTLY don't go to ECNL games.  That could change with the introduction of their own league

So, in short you saying the national team will follow the players. Da!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 09:54 am

Zizou wrote:Where? What league?

The introduction of their theoretical girls DA. hint hint it still hasn't been made
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 09:55 am

Zizou wrote:
go99 wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Ok it's early so maybe you haven't had your coffee.  So sorry to interupt your bubble bursting the national team was out in force because THEY DONT HAVE DA FOR GIRLS.  At no point did I say they CURRENTLY don't go to ECNL games.  That could change with the introduction of their own league

So, in short you saying the national team will follow the players. Da!

No in short I am saying the national team will move the players and the college scouts will follow the players
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next