North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam... - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam... - Page 3 Empty Re: Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam...

Post by go99 24/02/15, 09:55 am

Zizou wrote:
go99 wrote:
Zizou wrote:
go99 wrote:there would be no competition.  Plainly put representative from the national team are at DA practice and games hence a huge advantadge for those players.  So the top players who want to play at that level gravitate there for that advantadge.  That movement pulls other talent and also scouts.  There will be no piggy backing the ECNL it will be a seperate league.  ECNL will either compete or fill in the gaps like pre academy does for boys.

Sorry to burst your bubble go, but the last two ECNL events in Phoenix and Sanford the national team was out in force watching games and players. Hell they sat in between the benches during the solar , surf game.

Ok it's early so maybe you haven't had your coffee.  So sorry to interupt your bubble bursting the national team was out in force because THEY DONT HAVE DA FOR GIRLS.  At no point did I say they CURRENTLY don't go to ECNL games.  That could change with the introduction of their own league

So, in short you saying the national team will follow the players. Da!

No in short I am saying the national team will move the players and the college scouts will follow the players

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam... - Page 3 Empty Re: Calendar Year does seem to be gaining steam...

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 09:57 am

Maybe, but just has been stated those clubs that have ECNL will be the clubs USSF will give girls DA. So again besides the name of the league nothing changes.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 10:03 am

well there is nothing thats guarantees clubs from the ECNL would get DA teams. I would think many of them would because of the political process that infects US soccer and a big reason why they fail. I would think the first step would be mandating the boys DA clubs carry a girls team and then move on to the clubs with the size and resources to develop their own talent
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 10:04 am

go99 wrote:
Zizou wrote:Isn't that what PPL, NPL, and all the other are for. So that would be the make up of girls DA . Lol that sound like a government business model. Contract to the lowest bidders.

Oh and I know people here think texas is the center of the universe but it's not and there are parts of the contry that ECNL is not even the top league.  Why do you think we all play CL here?  Not because we love CL so much.  It's because thats where the top competition is.  If PPL had all of the top competition we would all be trying to qualify there instead.  League come and go an nobody bats an eye.  If the us is going to improve it's soccer then the DA must do a girls league and make change.  Or they could wait until womens soccer does as poorly as mens

You clearly have not met many SoCal parents.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 10:06 am

sorry don't get the reference
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 10:08 am

The three major players in the boys DA have ECNL
teams. You would think that USSF would have played that card before ECNL started to grow. They must have thought that they were un touchable and theirs no way their current structure would be contested by ECNL.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 10:09 am

go99 wrote:sorry don't get the reference

As thinking they are the center of the soccer universe.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 10:15 am

LMAO they definitely think they are the center of the soccer universe
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 10:18 am

go99 wrote:All of that being said, the USSF will do NOTHING.  Calender year will only be in the DA.  Samller side game also only in the DA.  A girls DA will come and all of those with such loyalty to the ECNL will jump on board

Agree with the first 3...but not sure how you get from there to USSF creating a girls DA. There are major differences on girls side and boys side. Boys DA wasn't supposed to be about college...it was supposed to be about developing pro caliber players. The fact that most DA players are still mainly going to college is seen by some as evidence the DA hasn't changed much in the boys soccer landscape. A few success stories for players going to europe here and there, and a few of the MLS academies sponsoring their top level and truly bringing in the best talent, but for the majority of the DA, the landscape looks like it did before...all they did was remove ODP as one of the gatekeepers for top talent.

When it started out ECNL had alot of marketing around player development as well...there was a lot of talk about the substitution rules and how it might better prepare girls for the international game. As time has gone on...ECNL has pivoted and most its marketing is now all about college. L.Horan and her pro deal were nowhere to be found in the ECNL marketing machine (if it was, i missed it). I don't think ECNL is the end all, and I too hope we see a girls DA, just don't see it happening.

You cannot deny the leverage clubs have on girls side is far beyond anything the boys ever had...us club soccer beat ussf to the punch and now the clubs call all the shots and make their own rules....and they're printing cash...USSF is along for the ride. They can't just create a DA out of thin air...most the clubs with the coaching infrastructure are already ECNL...and some of the USSF staff are on the pay rolls for these same clubs. If I'm us club soccer, I'd agree to stick the letters DA onto the end of my ECNL marketing material...that's about all I'm willfully turning over to USSF.  Lol.  

There is a reason ECNL schedules all over the country are setup to work around high school. If ECNL were to force no high school, they'd lose market share of top players...35% of which, aren't in ECNL today....make them choose between ECNL and high school and that number is going higher. It won't happen. And it shouldn't, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by AbEnd 24/02/15, 10:25 am

To ease the transition from academic to calender soccer year groupings, I understand the big clubs are proposing Calender Player Pass or CPP to help with player development during this difficult time. Razz

AbEnd
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 10:30 am

The DA is supposed to raise the level of boys in soccer. Now the simple reality is and always will be, MOST of the boys will fail to make it to the pro level and those then drop to the college level. There is nothing wrong with that and no way to change it. But in that process what you create is a higher level of overall soccer that in the end benifit the pros and colleges.

Now I agree with the blatant corruption and USSF staff in the pockets of big clubs. That is a HUGE problem because basically what you describe is a group of people all coming together to fleece the golden lined pockets of american parents. USSF is the one group that should actually be in it for the development of soccer not the money.

Also I am in the minority on HS soccer. My son doesn't get to play and I think its a good thing. It's less wear on his body and less time away from development and more importantly it gives an opportunity to someone else. There are kids playing in HS, getting on the field and getting their opportunity because my son and the others are not their. Dump all of the DA boys on the HS teams and you get a host of kids who don't get to play
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 10:48 am

go99 wrote:Also I am in the minority on HS soccer.  My son doesn't get to play and I think its a good thing.  It's less wear on his body and less time away from development and more importantly it gives an opportunity to someone else.  There are kids playing in HS, getting on the field and getting their opportunity because my son and the others are not their. Dump all of the DA boys on the HS teams and you get a host of kids who don't get to play

Again - boys and girls are different. The top level of texas girls HS soccer is probably more competitive than any other environment these kids play in. Getting on the field for a 6-6A or 1-6A team has to be tougher than making an ECNL roster that is only one age group. The boys are spread out...dump the DA boys into high school and there is no such level of competition that gets created. There are just too many elements of boys soccer that aren't directly applicable to the girls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 10:55 am

In the FAQs for US Club THEY even state they feel that the age classifications should be changed.

I agree, the boys is vastly different and will probably always remain so until there is a viable option world wide for women to play pro like the men.... The chances of that happening...

Something is gonna give, has to give.... You see France outclass the US in that last friendly.... The sole US highlight was a backheel move by Morgan... That she didn't even complete. Eh

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 11:08 am

but is the top level of girls HS so competitive because of all of the ECNL girls playing. I know the key to winning boys HS is to put more CL players on the field than the other team. Basically all I am saying is DA boys have an opportunity to play it's nice to see someone else get an opportunity too. So even in girls if the ECNL girl didn't get to play there would be another girl at the HS who would.

I realize I am in the far minority on that view. Just thinking about someone beyond myself

And there is the main issue. The US is starting to get outclassed. Change is needed before the US womens team is the next england national team (powerhouse to irrelevance)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 11:23 am

Borussia wrote:In the FAQs for US Club THEY even state they feel that the age classifications should be changed.  

I agree, the boys is vastly different and will probably always remain so until there is a viable option world wide for women to play pro like the men.... The chances of that happening...

Something is gonna give, has to give.... You see France outclass the US in that last friendly.... The sole US highlight was a backheel move by Morgan... That she didn't even complete. Eh

I was thinking the same thing, especially after watching the u20s at the last u20WC...but I'm thinking now all u.s. soccer needs is to get better with player selection. Make sure the most technical AND athletic players are in the pools, not just the best of the well-connected and wealthy. USSF just needs to spend the money so that all their scouts can be independent of clubs.

The u17s looked very, very good against Japan in carson week before last. We matched japan technically, but our technical players were better athletes pretty much all over the field. Granted Japan's u17s didn't look nearly as good as their last u17 group that won the u17WC, but they were still Japan - and we pretty much dominated them and played better soccer than they did in doing so.

We have the players coming through - just don't let them fall through the cracks due to costs, or politics and nepotism, and figure out a way to keep them developing during college. Jacking with the age group cutoffs is way down the list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3