North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Landscape changes with ECNL? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Landscape changes with ECNL?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Landscape changes with ECNL? Empty Landscape changes with ECNL?

Post by skynet 23/02/15, 04:53 pm

How (if at all) will the landscape change for the teams currently in LHGCL D1? Will there be any movement of “starting” players from top tier teams to other teams thus making stronger ECNL rosters? Who stands to gain/loose? What will be the drivers for change?

What about Texans and D’Feeters who currently don’t have top teams? What is in store for them?

What clues can we glean from the past?

Skynet is the main antagonist in the Terminator- an artificially intelligent system which became self-aware and revolted against its creators.
skynet
skynet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Landscape changes with ECNL? Empty Re: Landscape changes with ECNL?

Post by RightWingDad 23/02/15, 05:20 pm

Skynet, I think Texans have 2 teams in D1, do they not?

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=38996&Gender=Girls&Age=13
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman75 23/02/15, 05:28 pm

I think you are correct but neither one would be considered a top team in the same light as Sting Higg/SRSA/FCD. Texans will draw a lot of girls to try-outs because there are spots to be had, the top three will see minimal new blood IMO, especially Higg and SRSA. Feet should be a free for all with only a middle of the pack D2 team currently although it seems by recent history Feet is a second tier ECNL team compared to the other North Texas clubs, at least this is validated by current 01 standings. Should be interesting to watch.

soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 23/02/15, 05:34 pm

One never knows. Lots of kids from Liverpool, Fever, Andro and others will be looking for ECNL homes. I'd bet come tryout time you have 100 kids come out to Texans and 'Feet practices but the other 3 will also have plenty of DD's vying for spots.

I think 03's will even be more volatile a year from now. Always fun, ain't it?
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchafit 23/02/15, 06:47 pm

I'm sure there will be movement everywhere. Higg and Solar girls were at Texans tryouts this weekend and people will take advantage of Feet's rebuild.
pitchafit
pitchafit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 23/02/15, 07:37 pm

Where do you see tryouts for DT on there website cause im not seeing it?

Also i think you will see alot of movement especially from the girls that didn't get the invite from Solar and Sting...but i wouldn't be surprise to see alot of the top 03' girls comming out for the DT and Dfeeters.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 08:11 am

RightWingDad wrote:One never knows. Lots of kids from Liverpool, Fever, Andro and others will be looking for ECNL homes. I'd bet come tryout time you have 100 kids come out to Texans and 'Feet practices but the other 3 will also have plenty of DD's vying for spots.

I think 03's will even be more volatile a year from now. Always fun, ain't it?

That's funny 100 kids and only 10 worth looking at. The big clubs already have a eye on the players they want to pick up. Behind the scene they have already put out feelers and have made contact through parents. These tryouts are exactly that pretty landscaping with flowers and maybe even a diamond in the ruff.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 25/02/15, 10:30 pm

Does anyone have a idea when the rest of the 02' IE Sting, Dallas Texans plan on having Ecnl tryouts?

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 26/02/15, 02:06 pm

Texans 02 ECNL Try-outs started last week. I think they won't hold one this weekend due to DFW ECNL.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchafit 26/02/15, 02:13 pm

I wonder how many will come out with coaches already 'strongly suggesting' their players not show up to tryouts.
pitchafit
pitchafit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 26/02/15, 04:26 pm

pitchafit wrote:I wonder how many will come out with coaches already 'strongly suggesting' their players not show up to tryouts.

If the other night is any indication the "strong suggestions" are falling on deaf ears...

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenshoe 27/02/15, 01:55 pm

How did the tryout go? How many girls showed? Anybody who went to the session want to share a little insight?

goldenshoe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchafit 27/02/15, 01:59 pm

I don't think the Texans allow parents watch the training.
pitchafit
pitchafit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 27/02/15, 05:13 pm

pitchafit wrote:I don't think the Texans allow parents watch the training.

not true.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CABJ Riquelme_10 27/02/15, 10:26 pm

Texans ECNL tryouts were on a rainy day so they had to have it at the indoor facility at Ross Stewart. Parents weren't allowed because there was not enough space for all parents to stick around. Were asked to come back at end up tryouts..

CABJ Riquelme_10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Strgft12 02/03/15, 12:05 am

It seems that parents are more stressed out about ECNL than the girls.  After more than 5 years playing competitive soccer these girls know where they belong.  Ninety five percents of the girls at these try-outs don't belong at these try-outs.  They don't have a chance to make the teams or even if they make the teams they will be sitting on the bench.  They are driven to these try-outs by their parents who are too blind to know where their girls should be.  These try-outs should be by invitations only so the coaches can have the time to evaluate the potential players more carefully.  Anyway, the top 3 teams (Solar, FCD, Sting) have their pickings and already are decided on their top 10-12 spots.  They are looking for a few more back up players and a bunch of bench warmers.  Texans and D'Feeters will have the left over.  It's not good for competitive soccer in DFW when the 3 strongest teams only get stronger.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 02/03/15, 08:25 am

I was thinking the same thing ^^^^^
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenshoe 02/03/15, 09:56 am

Strgft12 wrote:It seems that parents are more stressed out about ECNL than the girls.  After more than 5 years playing competitive soccer these girls know where they belong.  Ninety five percents of the girls at these try-outs don't belong at these try-outs.  They don't have a chance to make the teams or even if they make the teams they will be sitting on the bench.  They are driven to these try-outs by their parents who are too blind to know where their girls should be.  These try-outs should be by invitations only so the coaches can have the time to evaluate the potential players more carefully.  Anyway, the top 3 teams (Solar, FCD, Sting) have their pickings and already are decided on their top 10-12 spots.  They are looking for a few more back up players and a bunch of bench warmers.  Texans and D'Feeters will have the left over.  It's not good for competitive soccer in DFW when the 3 strongest teams only get stronger.

Do you think those top 3 (Solar, FCD, Sting) will retain most of the players from it's own top teams? How many NEW players will they take from other club? Do you think this will change as they get older?

goldenshoe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BurnOnYou 02/03/15, 02:03 pm

Not sure I agree with the idea of invite only.
I agree that the vast majority of players are identified, but that occasional diamond in the rough is lost if you essentially eliminate the possibility for "walk ons". If they allow for it in college, I would think there should be some possibility of if at this level. No?

BurnOnYou
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 02/03/15, 04:00 pm

Strgft12 wrote:It seems that parents are more stressed out about ECNL than the girls.  After more than 5 years playing competitive soccer these girls know where they belong.  Ninety five percents of the girls at these try-outs don't belong at these try-outs.  They don't have a chance to make the teams or even if they make the teams they will be sitting on the bench.  They are driven to these try-outs by their parents who are too blind to know where their girls should be.  These try-outs should be by invitations only so the coaches can have the time to evaluate the potential players more carefully.  Anyway, the top 3 teams (Solar, FCD, Sting) have their pickings and already are decided on their top 10-12 spots.  They are looking for a few more back up players and a bunch of bench warmers.  Texans and D'Feeters will have the left over.  It's not good for competitive soccer in DFW when the 3 strongest teams only get stronger.

Why would you say that? You do realize the Texas ECNL Conference contains teams from Houston, Austin and Tulsa, right? 3 strong teams from DFW would be a very good thing for DFW, as far as ECNL goes
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Strgft12 02/03/15, 10:31 pm

For the top 3 teams (Solar, FCD and Sting) many of their top players/starters will stay while the current back up players for these teams will try out for the starting spots at Texans and D'Feeters.  That's why you see some of the Solar/FCD/Sting at try-outs for Texans and DFeeters.  Nothing is wrong with trying out for playing time at Texans and D'Feeters when these players are warming the bench on the top teams at full prices.  It will take at least couple of years for Texans and D'Feeters to gel and be competitive playing ECNL soccer because it's hard, if not impossible, to beat team chemistry and individual talent of the top teams.  Everybody is talking about "diamond in the rough."  Of all the thousands of girls playing soccer in the last 5 years, how many diamonds in the rough do we have really???  Every parent out there is thinking that he/she has that diamond in the rough right?  I must admit that it's only natural for a parent to think that way.  That's why we are throwing money left and right when July comes around to these big clubs/coaches who have been saying how great our daughters are.  Then September comes around and our daughters sit on the bench watching guest players winning games for them.  If we are honest with ourselves and watch what our daughters can do on their field without being emotionally involved, we can enjoy the games, appreciate what our daughters can do at their best and share some memories with our daughters before they become women.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccapeeps 03/03/15, 07:26 am

Strgft12 wrote:For the top 3 teams (Solar, FCD and Sting) many of their top players/starters will stay while the current back up players for these teams will try out for the starting spots at Texans and D'Feeters.  That's why you see some of the Solar/FCD/Sting at try-outs for Texans and DFeeters.  Nothing is wrong with trying out for playing time at Texans and D'Feeters when these players are warming the bench on the top teams at full prices.  It will take at least couple of years for Texans and D'Feeters to gel and be competitive playing ECNL soccer because it's hard, if not impossible, to beat team chemistry and individual talent of the top teams.  Everybody is talking about "diamond in the rough."  Of all the thousands of girls playing soccer in the last 5 years, how many diamonds in the rough do we have really???  Every parent out there is thinking that he/she has that diamond in the rough right?  I must admit that it's only natural for a parent to think that way.  That's why we are throwing money left and right when July comes around to these big clubs/coaches who have been saying how great our daughters are.  Then September comes around and our daughters sit on the bench watching guest players winning games for them.  If we are honest with ourselves and watch what our daughters can do on their field without being emotionally involved, we can enjoy the games, appreciate what our daughters can do at their best and share some memories with our daughters before they become women.

Although many parents think we have a diamond in the rough, the reality is that we actually have a lump of coal... Crying or Very sad
Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/03/15, 08:18 am

okay enough of the look how great our DD's are and others shouldn't even dare to attempt to step into the ECNL world. Yes many inside the clubs have been identified so if your DD is out at the "tryout" for her club and she hasn't been told anything then they are "trying out" for her replacement. And it's not a diamond in the rough. There are many kids on lower teams who are better individual players. Some show despite their teams and others may not. As the game itself gets better, the ability to dominate by athleticism alone starts to end and the need for actual (skilled) soccer players increase. So being on a "top" team doesn't mean that your kid is a "top" player. I know a girl from a D3 team that was offered a spot on a ECNL team a year ago. She turned it down because her dad told her if she went she would then have to work hard and she said she really just wanted to have fun playing soccer. So great for all those trying out and yes it is a tryout. Hope the girls give it their best and ignore the people trying to scare away the competition. If your DD feels like she wants to be a top level player take her out to ECNL tryouts. Solca at least is a fair person and a good judge of talent. She either makes the team or knows what she needs to work on and compete against. A true player cannot be afraid of "NO"

I will say for all of the internet confidence about solar ECNL tryouts, I sure did see alot of nervous parent faces. You could feel the tension in the building last night. It was hilarious
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/03/15, 08:33 am

This is true, parents don't want to see the competition. Those bubble players need to be concerned. Your happy home is just one athletic skilled player away from crumbling. I personally thought the 02 tryouts were great. Solca was definately looking at the new players and even had a meeting with the parents at the end. The 02's have a lot of good little players definately fun to watch. The parents I spoke with all had great attitudes and their kids seemed to be enjoying the experience.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/03/15, 08:37 am

Heard this directly from a ECNL coach. The season before they look at the internal players and try to identify players before tryouts. So then during tryouts they can take in as many kids as possible and choose the absolute best they can find. So either you already know you are set or your spot is up for grabs.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next