North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 North Texas Cup... - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 North Texas Cup...

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

04 North Texas Cup... - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by go99 10/05/16, 05:12 pm

Hey I am all on board with the style of direct play and no longer being dominant.  You lost me at sniggering at  ecnl at U2 and the mythical closing of the gap without clearly identifiable reasons.

I will do my one and hopefully only apology.  It really wasn't about calling out your DD (no idea who she is) it really was more about his dd being extremely good and probably better than most people on the forums DD's.

I am sorry for calling out your DD.

I always say "I am not a complete *****.  Some of the pieces are missing"

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FCT2016 10/05/16, 05:21 pm

Very Happy and that's why we like about you because deep down we are all *****!

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/05/16, 05:22 pm

go99 wrote:oh and to be fair his DD might be better than yours.  She is one hell of a player (he absence alone has been part of the dip in form for LP) .  DOn't know who yours is so tuff to tell

Let me quote Ogre from Revenge of The Nerds, "I'll second it". Best CB I have seen.

SOAP make sure that check is payable to Cleansheets. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by FCT2016 10/05/16, 05:33 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
go99 wrote:oh and to be fair his DD might be better than yours.  She is one hell of a player (he absence alone has been part of the dip in form for LP) .  DOn't know who yours is so tuff to tell

Let me quote Ogre from Revenge of The Nerds, "I'll second it". Best CB I have seen.

*****, *** kissers , all the same!

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/05/16, 05:52 pm

FCT2016 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:

*****, ***kissers , all the same!

I know, it's manipulative and shallow...but damn if it isn't effective! affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by kegsmen 10/05/16, 06:52 pm

FCT2016 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:

*****, ***kissers , all the same!

You are a tool dude!!!
kegsmen
kegsmen
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCT2016 10/05/16, 08:51 pm

I'm the tool that saw a few elite girls at an ecnl tryout tonight!

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by purezen 10/05/16, 08:57 pm

Ha!!!
purezen
purezen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 10/05/16, 09:38 pm

FCT2016 wrote:I'm the tool that saw a few elite girls at an ecnl tryout tonight!

Tell us something we don't know about already.  FTC2016 with his exclusive news coverage of LP Elite girls will be the down fall of us.. Suspect Rolling Eyes
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/05/16, 09:43 pm

FCT2016 wrote:I'm the tool that saw a few elite girls at an ecnl tryout tonight!

Oh, you must have been at Ross Stewart too then.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/05/16, 10:38 pm

something was going on at ross stewart tonight? scratch scratch Shocked
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 10/05/16, 10:40 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:Thanks for the history refresher on the top teams in the 04 age group. I can't keep it straight in LHGCL since my kid is in PPIL.  How did LW manage to overtake the team that he originally built? I have to assume that he's an amazing coach but how much of it was recruiting and how much coaching to overtake his former team?

Wow, what a transparent post cleverly disguised as an innocent question. Suspect

I guess I'm not the only one who smells a rat...

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/05/16, 10:42 pm

Wait a minute I had a creeper taking pictures of my dd once and sending them out to a coach. That wasn't you was it FCT? Suspect
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FCT2016 10/05/16, 10:46 pm

Certainly not me, Go. Ask your LP buddies sounds like it's closer to home.

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/05/16, 10:56 pm

Lol. Hmmmm no idea.

This just in from an inside contact. There were lots of girls from various teams out tonight at Greenhill for solar practices.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 10/05/16, 11:15 pm

go99 wrote:If you just want to ask or highlight that LW can coach then yes he can.  My DD started with him and Texans and turned into the top academy team only to have the team stolen by DM.  No problem just start over from scratch and build the top team again at LP.  Over the years we watched as a core of original girls developed together to make the top team in the nation at one point.  We lost a few friends over the years to other top teams and had a few new ones join.  This was not a team built thru recruitment but by a consistent, well taught and developed core roster.  LW did it the hard was and it has lasted even after he was gone.  It was a tough year of ups and downs (certainly more downs than they are used too) but they still managed to overcome and win CL and finalist in statecup.  So yes LW can coach (it breaks my heart that little girls today aren't lucky enough to have the same development my dd did when she was young.) the fact that there are no new little Weddlites coming out in NTX is a loss for soccer here.  This game didn't prove he could coach, neither team does either.  Just look at the list of girls on several of the top teams and keep an eye on the things they go on to do and there you will see the fact that he can coach.

That top team was built through recruiting over time as much as development. How many players are left from the beginning, you should know? Please don't get into a debate with me over coaching pedigree or development. One mark of a good coach IMO is to be able to do more with less. With respect to the team you've been on, I don't think he ever demonstrated that. I hope to say more about the current coach at a later time. I for one am very fortunate that my dd did not have the same development as yours, I believe she is better for it. Pattern play looks good in the win-loss column when you have superior talent. You are right, that game did not prove he could coach, to the contrary IMO. Oh, with respect to the girls on the top teams to keep an eye on, I can provide examples to keep an eye on (one of whom I know very well - oops she doesn't count, she wasn't on a top team) of those who never played for him that the same thing could be said about. I guess one question I could ask is, why are those girls on other teams?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 10/05/16, 11:26 pm

FCT2016 wrote:They started playing direct and the gap closed.

Really? Are those two independent assessments or are you meaning that one is the direct result of the other?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 10/05/16, 11:35 pm

FCT2016 wrote:I didn't bring my DD into this SOAP did. I'm sure my kid is not a top D1 player and is not as good as his kid. However, even you Go have intimated there is a lack of quality coaching at Elite.

Just to be clear, are you intimating that the result in the final of state cup had to do with coaching?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomTeeth 11/05/16, 12:33 am

KnKsDad wrote:
go99 wrote:If you just want to ask or highlight that LW can coach then yes he can.  My DD started with him and Texans and turned into the top academy team only to have the team stolen by DM.  No problem just start over from scratch and build the top team again at LP.  Over the years we watched as a core of original girls developed together to make the top team in the nation at one point.  We lost a few friends over the years to other top teams and had a few new ones join.  This was not a team built thru recruitment but by a consistent, well taught and developed core roster.  LW did it the hard was and it has lasted even after he was gone.  It was a tough year of ups and downs (certainly more downs than they are used too) but they still managed to overcome and win CL and finalist in statecup.  So yes LW can coach (it breaks my heart that little girls today aren't lucky enough to have the same development my dd did when she was young.) the fact that there are no new little Weddlites coming out in NTX is a loss for soccer here.  This game didn't prove he could coach, neither team does either.  Just look at the list of girls on several of the top teams and keep an eye on the things they go on to do and there you will see the fact that he can coach.

That top team was built through recruiting over time as much as development. How many players are left from the beginning, you should know? Please don't get into a debate with me over coaching pedigree or development. One mark of a good coach IMO is to be able to do more with less. With respect to the team you've been on, I don't think he ever demonstrated that. I hope to say more about the current coach at a later time. I for one am very fortunate that my dd did not have the same development as yours, I believe she is better for it. Pattern play looks good in the win-loss column when  you have superior talent. You are right, that game did not prove he could coach, to the contrary IMO. Oh, with respect to the girls on the top teams to keep an eye on, I can provide examples to keep an eye on (one of whom I know very well - oops she doesn't count, she wasn't on a top team) of those who never played for him that the same thing could be said about. I guess one question I could ask is, why are those girls on other teams?

You either have no clue what you are talking about OR have an ax to grind. LW's success at DT/LP/FCD has been down to his coaching abilities, nothing less. Obviously he started winning early so this helped quality players gravitate to him with the RASE group. But in a tough environment with very demanding parents he created the #1 team in the country, and kept them at the top for years.
Now, in terms of your comment about him not being able to do more with less, well you may not have noticed that he also took what was considered a lowly second team and made it a State Champion this past weekend.
The top two teams in LHGCL - LW kids. The top two teams in State Cup - LW kids. I think you should give credit where credit is due. No-one is perfect, but this guy obviously knows what he is doing. I don't think an MLS club would have given him the keys to the house in terms of tasking him to develop their ECNL teams for them if he didn't.
WisdomTeeth
WisdomTeeth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCT2016 11/05/16, 06:38 am

KnKsDad wrote:
FCT2016 wrote:I didn't bring my DD into this SOAP did. I'm sure my kid is not a top D1 player and is not as good as his kid. However, even you Go have intimated there is a lack of quality coaching at Elite.

Just to be clear, are you intimating that the result in the final of state cup had to do with coaching?

I'm intimating the gap being closed on Elite is down to the style of play so coach is to blame to some extent. You have some darn fine players nobody will argue about that.

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/05/16, 06:41 am

This thread is greatness!!!

Just when you were ready to write off the '04 parents as past their prime, they come back with a performance for the ages to reclaim the title!

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by FCT2016 11/05/16, 06:54 am

Most of us are officially now 03 parents.

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleed_LP_Red 11/05/16, 08:12 am

WisdomTeeth wrote:You either have no clue what you are talking about OR have an ax to grind. LW's success at DT/LP/FCD has been down to his coaching abilities, nothing less. Obviously he started winning early so this helped quality players gravitate to him with the RASE group. But in a tough environment with very demanding parents he created the #1 team in the country, and kept them at the top for years.
Now, in terms of your comment about him not being able to do more with less, well you may not have noticed that he also took what was considered a lowly second team and made it a State Champion this past weekend.
The top two teams in LHGCL - LW kids. The top two teams in State Cup - LW kids. I think you should give credit where credit is due. No-one is perfect, but this guy obviously knows what he is doing. I don't think an MLS club would have given him the keys to the house in terms of tasking him to develop their ECNL teams for them if he didn't.

cheers

Bleed_LP_Red
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 11/05/16, 08:50 am

WisdomTeeth wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:

That top team was built through recruiting over time as much as development. How many players are left from the beginning, you should know? Please don't get into a debate with me over coaching pedigree or development. One mark of a good coach IMO is to be able to do more with less. With respect to the team you've been on, I don't think he ever demonstrated that. I hope to say more about the current coach at a later time. I for one am very fortunate that my dd did not have the same development as yours, I believe she is better for it. Pattern play looks good in the win-loss column when  you have superior talent. You are right, that game did not prove he could coach, to the contrary IMO. Oh, with respect to the girls on the top teams to keep an eye on, I can provide examples to keep an eye on (one of whom I know very well - oops she doesn't count, she wasn't on a top team) of those who never played for him that the same thing could be said about. I guess one question I could ask is, why are those girls on other teams?

You either have no clue what you are talking about OR have an ax to grind. LW's success at DT/LP/FCD has been down to his coaching abilities, nothing less. Obviously he started winning early so this helped quality players gravitate to him with the RASE group. But in a tough environment with very demanding parents he created the #1 team in the country, and kept them at the top for years.

You seem to know a bit more than you leading us to believe as an outsider, hhmm..

Credit has always been given. But don't get it twisted, its not like LW took a team ranked #20 to State Cup Champions.  Dalglish/FCD Elite has always been a good team since academy days.  Either being #1 in FBR or top 3 team since going select.  The added key players to keep the team strong.  Now given they won State Cup (Congrats again) but it could have went either way versus DT Scott or LPE who took them to PK's and both teams losing out. LW has an 03 Elite team, why no one is talking about that team?  No doubt he can coach but athleticism and talent has to kick in at some point.. LW has/had that with his current and past teams more so than others.

This goes from FCT being called out on hating LP, hating on LPE, hating LPE now playing kickball and not the number #1 team in the nation anymore to LW winning State Cup because he used to coach the two teams.. Dang It!

Last edited by Son_ofa_Pitch on 11/05/16, 09:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/05/16, 09:00 am

SOAP....
Go99...
Sheets...

Im very disappointed in you all!!

Yall cant tell that SoccerPo'boy is back in the saddle?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/05/16, 09:02 am

Cleansheets wrote:

Spot on....
Like when the Vikings lost AP...accept on Defense

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next