2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Thanksgiving Mini-Camp - EPT & Full Circle Futbol
by fcdallas06west Today at 12:47 am

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» No More BW!
by RightWingDad Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» Parent brawl
by Zizou Yesterday at 07:04 pm

» New To Area
by McKinneyLocal Yesterday at 03:15 pm

» D'Feeters 08 JDL (Colón)
by pingo99 Yesterday at 11:44 am

» ISO Dallas Texans L/S Black Game Jerseys ****NEED ASAP****
by justsayin02 Yesterday at 11:06 am

» DA Composite
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:48 am

» Showcase tips requested
by Wildone 17/11/17, 08:38 pm

» FBR09 Rankings November 6th, 2017
by ProphAC 17/11/17, 07:50 pm

» NEW Texas Spirit 09 - Clark @ Pit Plano!
by acst 17/11/17, 04:07 pm

» Will ECNL survive?
by greaterisHe 17/11/17, 04:04 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:22 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:21 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:15 pm

» What will be medicine mans next move??
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 01:24 pm

» 03 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:45 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:44 am

» TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - December 1-3, 2017
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:42 am

» 04 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 17/11/17, 09:35 am

» DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 08:22 am

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018
by Jugglemaster 17/11/17, 12:45 am

» U10 Girls / 2008 Girls Team Needed for Saturday and Sunday
by CDA SOCCER 16/11/17, 09:59 pm

» Juggling
by Jugglemaster 16/11/17, 05:55 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11433 registered users
The newest registered user is Liverpool Tournaments

Our users have posted a total of 165415 messages in 20812 subjects

04 North Texas Cup...

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by JonSneauxTargaryen on 11/05/16, 09:02 am

Cleansheets wrote:
go99 wrote:oh and to be fair his DD might be better than yours.  She is one hell of a player (he absence alone has been part of the dip in form for LP) .  DOn't know who yours is so tuff to tell

Let me quote Ogre from Revenge of The Nerds, "I'll second it". Best CB I have seen.

SOAP make sure that check is payable to Cleansheets. Wink

Spot on....
Like when the Vikings lost AP...accept on Defense

JonSneauxTargaryen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 248
Join date : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 11/05/16, 09:15 am

WhySeauxSerious wrote:SOAP....
Go99...
Sheets...

Im very disappointed in you all!!

Yall cant tell that SoccerPo'boy is back in the saddle?

Reincarnation you saying, huh??
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 843
Points : 2979
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by yellowcard5 on 11/05/16, 09:18 am

Is all this arguing over the most recent state cup where the champion won both the semi-finals and finals in penalty kicks?

Reading this makes it seem like the champion walked over both opponents and was offered very little competition. Can't we just congratulate them and move on? Is winning two games from penalty kicks enough for the chest thumping that is going on?


yellowcard5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 90
Points : 2548
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by MrRogers on 11/05/16, 09:42 am

yellowcard5 wrote:Is all this arguing over the most recent state cup where the champion won both the semi-finals and finals in penalty kicks?

Reading this makes it seem like the champion walked over both opponents and was offered very little competition.  Can't we just congratulate them and move on?  Is winning two games from penalty kicks enough for the chest thumping that is going on?


Why stop there? This entire year is basically a drop in the bucket.

Congrats to all and good luck this next year, especially to those whose daughters were forced to skip their U13 year in the name of "development".

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 2414
Join date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by progressiveparent on 11/05/16, 10:16 am

Congrats to LW and his girls.  

All of them.

progressiveparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 1126
Join date : 2014-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by kegsmen on 11/05/16, 11:29 am

WisdomTeeth wrote:You either have no clue what you are talking about OR have an ax to grind. LW's success at DT/LP/FCD has been down to his coaching abilities, nothing less. Obviously he started winning early so this helped quality players gravitate to him with the RASE group. But in a tough environment with very demanding parents he created the #1 team in the country, and kept them at the top for years.
Now, in terms of your comment about him not being able to do more with less, well you may not have noticed that he also took what was considered a lowly second team and made it a State Champion this past weekend.
The top two teams in LHGCL - LW kids. The top two teams in State Cup - LW kids. I think you should give credit where credit is due. No-one is perfect, but this guy obviously knows what he is doing. I don't think an MLS club would have given him the keys to the house in terms of tasking him to develop their ECNL teams for them if he didn't.

Ok coach, let's go with that.
avatar
kegsmen
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 81
Points : 2001
Join date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by Guest on 11/05/16, 11:48 am

KnKsDad wrote:
go99 wrote:If you just want to ask or highlight that LW can coach then yes he can.  My DD started with him and Texans and turned into the top academy team only to have the team stolen by DM.  No problem just start over from scratch and build the top team again at LP.  Over the years we watched as a core of original girls developed together to make the top team in the nation at one point.  We lost a few friends over the years to other top teams and had a few new ones join.  This was not a team built thru recruitment but by a consistent, well taught and developed core roster.  LW did it the hard was and it has lasted even after he was gone.  It was a tough year of ups and downs (certainly more downs than they are used too) but they still managed to overcome and win CL and finalist in statecup.  So yes LW can coach (it breaks my heart that little girls today aren't lucky enough to have the same development my dd did when she was young.) the fact that there are no new little Weddlites coming out in NTX is a loss for soccer here.  This game didn't prove he could coach, neither team does either.  Just look at the list of girls on several of the top teams and keep an eye on the things they go on to do and there you will see the fact that he can coach.

That top team was built through recruiting over time as much as development. How many players are left from the beginning, you should know? Please don't get into a debate with me over coaching pedigree or development. One mark of a good coach IMO is to be able to do more with less. With respect to the team you've been on, I don't think he ever demonstrated that. I hope to say more about the current coach at a later time. I for one am very fortunate that my dd did not have the same development as yours, I believe she is better for it. Pattern play looks good in the win-loss column when  you have superior talent. You are right, that game did not prove he could coach, to the contrary IMO. Oh, with respect to the girls on the top teams to keep an eye on, I can provide examples to keep an eye on (one of whom I know very well - oops she doesn't count, she wasn't on a top team) of those who never played for him that the same thing could be said about. I guess one question I could ask is, why are those girls on other teams?

In summary, LW versus Elite coaching is a wash, but LW can recruit better than Elite. You can blame it on ECNL, bigger club, etc, but what is wrong with the recruiting engine at Elite? I would think the badge of "#1 Team in the Country" would have enough juice to get top talent. I think you need to figure out why the door is only swinging in one direction.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by JonSneauxTargaryen on 11/05/16, 12:33 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
go99 wrote:If you just want to ask or highlight that LW can coach then yes he can.  My DD started with him and Texans and turned into the top academy team only to have the team stolen by DM.  No problem just start over from scratch and build the top team again at LP.  Over the years we watched as a core of original girls developed together to make the top team in the nation at one point.  We lost a few friends over the years to other top teams and had a few new ones join.  This was not a team built thru recruitment but by a consistent, well taught and developed core roster.  LW did it the hard was and it has lasted even after he was gone.  It was a tough year of ups and downs (certainly more downs than they are used too) but they still managed to overcome and win CL and finalist in statecup.  So yes LW can coach (it breaks my heart that little girls today aren't lucky enough to have the same development my dd did when she was young.) the fact that there are no new little Weddlites coming out in NTX is a loss for soccer here.  This game didn't prove he could coach, neither team does either.  Just look at the list of girls on several of the top teams and keep an eye on the things they go on to do and there you will see the fact that he can coach.

That top team was built through recruiting over time as much as development. How many players are left from the beginning, you should know? Please don't get into a debate with me over coaching pedigree or development. One mark of a good coach IMO is to be able to do more with less. With respect to the team you've been on, I don't think he ever demonstrated that. I hope to say more about the current coach at a later time. I for one am very fortunate that my dd did not have the same development as yours, I believe she is better for it. Pattern play looks good in the win-loss column when  you have superior talent. You are right, that game did not prove he could coach, to the contrary IMO. Oh, with respect to the girls on the top teams to keep an eye on, I can provide examples to keep an eye on (one of whom I know very well - oops she doesn't count, she wasn't on a top team) of those who never played for him that the same thing could be said about. I guess one question I could ask is, why are those girls on other teams?

In summary, LW versus Elite coaching is a wash, but LW can recruit better than Elite. You can blame it on ECNL, bigger club, etc, but what is wrong with the recruiting engine at Elite?  I would think the badge of "#1 Team in the Country" would have enough juice to get top talent.  I think you need to figure out why the door is only swinging in one direction.

Thats a well worded question....

My theory. If ya met him (LW)...quite charismatic and you'll buy what he is selling. Especially if you are in the least bit interested. I think if you kept up with 04 soccer these past 4 years or so, you cant help but look at LP Elite and attribute their success to LW. I go back to the time Tampa Bay Buccaneers won the Super Bowl...everyone knows that was Dungys team.
You look at Elites record previous to this year and select...flawless. Only 1 loss to D'Feeters in PLD then briefly into select he parts ways? Elite goes on to rack up
the tournament wins and state cup and league....
and now...even though still successful, it appears, and notice i said "appears" to look like the team is on a downward spiral. Not a plummet but a spiral. a spiral could be slow...but still downward.


Besides....who knows what this upcoming season will bring. A lot of confused parents and coaches so that may be cloggin up the engine.

__________________________________________________
"When enough people make false promises words stop meaning anything and then there are no more answers only better and better lies" --Jon Snow/Aegon VII Targaryen
avatar
JonSneauxTargaryen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 248
Points : 1170
Join date : 2015-05-13
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by Cleansheets on 11/05/16, 12:40 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
WhySeauxSerious wrote:SOAP....
Go99...
Sheets...

Im very disappointed in you all!!

Yall cant tell that SoccerPo'boy is back in the saddle?

Reincarnation you saying, huh??

What a blast from the past. Ohh the good ole days. What ever happened to Soccer Pooh Boy, KixR4kids and P dub? Hmmmm....I guess we'll never know Wink

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Points : 2918
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

T

Post by KnKsDad on 11/05/16, 12:54 pm

WisdomTeeth wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
go99 wrote:If you just want to ask or highlight that LW can coach then yes he can.  My DD started with him and Texans and turned into the top academy team only to have the team stolen by DM.  No problem just start over from scratch and build the top team again at LP.  Over the years we watched as a core of original girls developed together to make the top team in the nation at one point.  We lost a few friends over the years to other top teams and had a few new ones join.  This was not a team built thru recruitment but by a consistent, well taught and developed core roster.  LW did it the hard was and it has lasted even after he was gone.  It was a tough year of ups and downs (certainly more downs than they are used too) but they still managed to overcome and win CL and finalist in statecup.  So yes LW can coach (it breaks my heart that little girls today aren't lucky enough to have the same development my dd did when she was young.) the fact that there are no new little Weddlites coming out in NTX is a loss for soccer here.  This game didn't prove he could coach, neither team does either.  Just look at the list of girls on several of the top teams and keep an eye on the things they go on to do and there you will see the fact that he can coach.

That top team was built through recruiting over time as much as development. How many players are left from the beginning, you should know? Please don't get into a debate with me over coaching pedigree or development. One mark of a good coach IMO is to be able to do more with less. With respect to the team you've been on, I don't think he ever demonstrated that. I hope to say more about the current coach at a later time. I for one am very fortunate that my dd did not have the same development as yours, I believe she is better for it. Pattern play looks good in the win-loss column when  you have superior talent. You are right, that game did not prove he could coach, to the contrary IMO. Oh, with respect to the girls on the top teams to keep an eye on, I can provide examples to keep an eye on (one of whom I know very well - oops she doesn't count, she wasn't on a top team) of those who never played for him that the same thing could be said about. I guess one question I could ask is, why are those girls on other teams?

You either have no clue what you are talking about OR have an ax to grind. LW's success at DT/LP/FCD has been down to his coaching abilities, nothing less. Obviously he started winning early so this helped quality players gravitate to him with the RASE group. But in a tough environment with very demanding parents he created the #1 team in the country, and kept them at the top for years.
Now, in terms of your comment about him not being able to do more with less, well you may not have noticed that he also took what was considered a lowly second team and made it a State Champion this past weekend.
The top two teams in LHGCL - LW kids. The top two teams in State Cup - LW kids. I think you should give credit where credit is due. No-one is perfect, but this guy obviously knows what he is doing. I don't think an MLS club would have given him the keys to the house in terms of tasking him to develop their ECNL teams for them if he didn't.

I've been around this age group for a minute myself. With respect to axe to grind, if that means offering an opposing opinion on behalf of myself and anyone else who may not want to exaggerate the coaching/development prowess of someone while diminishing the impact of the talent of the players he acquired or fell into his lap.

Lowly 2nd team? Ha, your sarcasm reminds me of me. A team that has basically been ranked top 3-5 in the age group for 4 yrs, who added arguably the top forward in the age group this past summer...with all that great coaching wins a game in PK's after two O/T's vs a team that was playing with 11 players, with a field player playing GK (and did an excellent job by the way) due to injury to the starting keeper, minus arguably the best center back in the age group and some on here want to elevate the status of the winning coach/team to the discredit of the losing team. Congratulations to the winners, but let's not get carried away.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 924
Points : 3079
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by Coach on 11/05/16, 01:38 pm

You forgot to use the "tall grass" excuse.
Twisted Evil

__________________________________________________
Hi. I'm Tom.
avatar
Coach
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 271
Points : 3399
Join date : 2009-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by Dec2020 on 13/05/16, 09:57 am

There is no doubt LW is an amazing coach. There was a good showing and many talented players at the Jr ECNL tryouts. Question- What happens to the players that tried out and won't make the Jr ECNL team? Will most just go back to their current teams? Anyone know if the other FCD coaches that were there were just assisting in the tryouts or are they recruiting for their teams as well?

Dec2020
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 1077
Join date : 2015-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by OLJW on 13/05/16, 10:43 am

They are there to recruit.

__________________________________________________
Buzzards gotta eat....same as worms.
avatar
OLJW
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 133
Points : 906
Join date : 2015-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by FCsoccer1 on 13/05/16, 12:16 pm

Let me give it to you straight... there were four practice fields at the end of practice.  Two with goals and two with nets.  If your DD was on the nets side, that was NO GOOD.  Oh... and you have not received a call,, don't come back.
avatar
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 286
Points : 2604
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by Dec2020 on 13/05/16, 12:22 pm

Just was wondering who had any answers to my questions which you didn't .

Dec2020
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 1077
Join date : 2015-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by KnKsDad on 15/05/16, 10:01 am

Josey Wales answered your question regarding the assisting coaches. Your other question regarding what happens to the other players who won't make the team seems to be sort of a no brainer type question, no disrespect. Not sure what type answer you are looking for. I would think it goes without saying that it's up to the parents and respective players as to what they are going to do. Also, I would hope that feedback was provided freely, and if not, then requested regarding the level of skill of a particular player so as to get some guidance/direction moving forward.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 924
Points : 3079
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by Dec2020 on 15/05/16, 11:39 am

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback.

Dec2020
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 1077
Join date : 2015-01-16

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum