North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Sideline Etiquette  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Sideline Etiquette

Go down

Sideline Etiquette  Empty Sideline Etiquette

Post by IAmSoccerfan 25/07/16, 09:12 am

During a game, especially during a LHQT, shouldn't you sit on the side of the field that your team is on? If you're not going to do that shouldn't you at the very least not be an ass-hat? Maybe try not be an obnoxious, intentionally antagonistic jerk.

Mr. Ass-hat sat on our side of the field the entire game. He was asked to chill on the over-the-top yelling/coaching and if he couldn't do that to please move to the other side of the field. Well, he couldn't do it. It was a hard fought match with placement within the bracket on the line. This guy was yelling at the ref and our coach was given a warning because the refs thought he was with us and he continued until the end of the game. One of our club officials came over and confronted the guy, thinking he was one of our parents. Once that got cleared up that he wasn't with us, the club official then had to go talk to the tournament director and the refs to make sure they knew that guy wasn't with us. We won the game and were supposed to be happy for our girls and yet everybody was tense at the actions of this fool. All of the aftermath took place in front of the girls as well. They were a little confused as to what was going on. Anyway, in the end all was well. I didn't call out any club because the team and the rest of their fans were great. I assume he wasn't on the other side of the field because his own team parents can't stand him. I hope nobody else has to deal with this guy. My advice. Don't be like this ass-hat and let's keep it civil out there. Smile
IAmSoccerfan
IAmSoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Sideline Etiquette  Empty Re: Sideline Etiquette

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 10:42 am

I think the general rule of "avoid being an ass-hat" is always a good idea. I would venture a guess though that no one thinks of themselves as an ass-hat sooo...... that's where the issue gets a bit more complicated.

I wasn't going to comment on this, but I do wonder about the "which side of the field" issue? Does anyone if there are actual written rules on this? I kind of think no simply because I see it all the time. I haven't looked into it, though.

I've experience with both very nice parents on our side of the field simply trying to get a better view of their daughter or trying to get that perfect photo taken AND the dude who is yelling non-stop. If they're otherwise civil, I don't even mind if they cheer for their kid when they score a goal or something. One would think common sense would say, "sit with the rest of your team", but if there are no rules about it, then well, people are free to be as jerk-ified as they want to be, I suppose. It's no different than any other venue in any other area of society.

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 25/07/16, 10:59 am

The reality is that it is a public place and this is America so people can sit wherever they want and basically say whatever they want within reason and there's not a whole lot you can do about it, but I prefer this approach:

https://youtu.be/61iZXRCAL6s

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 25/07/16, 11:03 am

It's definitely an etiquette thing so as to avoid the verbal/physical confrontation that is no doubt going to happen. In today's society, a guy like this is just poking the bear. 95% of soccer parents observe the sit on your side rule, 4% don't but will sit or stand quietly to get a better view, the other 1% are ass hats.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 11:10 am

ColtMcVince wrote:It's definitely an etiquette thing so as to avoid the verbal/physical confrontation that is no doubt going to happen.  In today's society, a guy like this is just poking the bear. 95% of soccer parents observe the sit on your side rule, 4% don't but will sit or stand quietly to get a better view, the other 1% are ass hats.  

Too bad there is no rule, but then there are no rules in school or pro athletics either for where you sit....

That being said, ass hats are ass hats whether they sit on your side or not. I also love the dude who must look at your side of the field as he claps/cheers loudly for one thing or another hoping that one of you will look in his direction and see him smirking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Junkie 25/07/16, 11:48 am

Does not matter where an ass-hat sits, they are going to be ass-hats

still going to ruin the game for you and others
Soccer Junkie
Soccer Junkie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 11:50 am

Soccer Junkie wrote:Does not matter where an ass-hat sits, they are going to be ass-hats

Yup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 11:56 am

It is fun to record video of ass-hats on your phone and post the videos to youtube

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 25/07/16, 12:03 pm

skiberdad wrote:
Soccer Junkie wrote:Does not matter where an ass-hat sits, they are going to be ass-hats

Yup.

This is true, but it's more likely to just be annoying rather than escalating in to a confrontation if the dude is on your side.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 12:08 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:
skiberdad wrote:

Yup.

This is true, but it's more likely to just be annoying rather than escalating in to a confrontation if the dude is on your side.

hey, if an ass hat gets himself in to a situation where he gets schooled, that's not entirely bad.... just sayin'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down