bool(false) DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3
Latest topics
RED HOT 4v4 ROUND UPToday at 09:51 amLiverpool Tournaments
DIGC 2019Today at 09:40 amthunderlipz
09 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 24-27, 2019Today at 09:37 amU90C
04 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 2019Today at 09:32 amU90C
DIGC 04'sToday at 07:45 amFriscoSoccer2004
Jimmy Depew Joins Renegades Soccer from FC DallasYesterday at 11:07 pmsbarton12
09G Open Practice & TryOuts Eagle Mountain/Fort Worth AreaYesterday at 08:39 pmtcheek
08G Open Practice in Eagle Mountain/Fort Worth AreaYesterday at 08:34 pmtcheek
Easter Cup - Need 09B Team - Play for FREEYesterday at 06:59 pmTexasCup
Dallas Rush 08 Boys Looking for PlayerYesterday at 04:18 pmBallhogs8
Players for Texans 08B Yesterday at 04:18 pmBallhogs8
RENEGADES 2009G OPEN TRAINING SESSIONSYesterday at 01:58 pmRenegades Soccer Club
Frisco Fusion 03G looking for a few good playersYesterday at 11:21 amGWood
09B Academy Teams- East sideYesterday at 09:47 amiKick4Fun
Solar 12 Girls Looking to AddYesterday at 08:56 amSolar11/12girls
09 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 2019Yesterday at 08:44 amU90C
Liverpool rumors Yesterday at 07:36 amBENDMEOVER
Possible guest playing May 10-12, Looking for players FallYesterday at 07:07 amBallhogs8
New playerYesterday at 06:41 amBallhogs8
Sad Days17/04/19, 11:00 pmBig Ern
DIGC Field Conditions17/04/19, 08:04 pmSaulGoodman
Solar Jensen - Looking to add '11 Players17/04/19, 05:56 pmworldsoccer
Jimmy Depew chooses Renegades and joins us from FC Dallas17/04/19, 03:11 pmsbarton12
TX Spirit Soccer Club - Open Practice / Evaluations17/04/19, 01:35 pmTxSpiritscoccer
TX Spirit Soccer Club - Open Practice / Evaluations17/04/19, 01:33 pmTxSpiritscoccer
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 13028 registered users
The newest registered user is sn1987a.r

Our users have posted a total of 186849 messages in 25066 subjects

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by bb01 on 18/07/17, 04:28 pm

I will say this coming to the end of club soccer with my daughter and the whole recruitment experience.  Over the years she has played with or against some of the best players in the 99 and 00 divisions.  She made the choice when the first year became available for ECNL to stay and play with her team because she enjoyed the team and coach. She has played LH Div.1, Champions League and now for her senior year ECNL.  Her coaches did a great job of playing in all the major showcases in and out of the state. ID camps that where actually focused on recruitment where highly beneficial to.

I think the biggest thing everyone forgets is that each player comes into their own at different times.  I think the biggest asset is having parents and coaches who are actively involved in their players recruitment.  My daughter has been recruited by D1, D2 and D3 schools.  Her academics are 1A and then soccer 1B.  She understands now that each goes hand in hand with college coaches and the recruitment of the athlete. She committed to a D2 college because she felt it is best fit for her and what she wanted out of a school.  

Unless your player is in the top 2% of the nation college coaches will not come looking for them. Now that is not to say that being ECNL and DA does not help.  You have to remember what is your players ability.  If they can play at that level and be on the field then awesome. When you play for top teams there are going to be players in that top 2% and that benefits your player because if coaches are there they are watching.

But on the flip side I have seen players from LH Div 1- Div 3 recruited and commit to all levels of colleges. They where recruited because they where good players with good grades! Alot of these players could play ECNL or DA, but for one reason or another choose to play in that league.  Once again be diligent in choosing your coach and team. Some coaches are in just for the money and some are there to make your player better and get them to the next level.

Anyways my two cents on what I have seen and work for other players and my daughter.  Now to finish the final year of club soccer and dish out more money for college YAY! NOT! Sad Sad Laughing Very Happy

bb01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 89
Join date : 2009-11-14

Back to top Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by Relegated on 18/07/17, 09:16 pm

bb01 wrote: ID camps that where actually focused on recruitment where highly beneficial too.


How can we tell which ID camps are focused on recruitment (before we send our daughter to the camp)?

__________________________________________________
I know enough to know that I don't know enough.
Relegated
Relegated
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 70
Points : 2096
Join date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by ElClassico on 19/07/17, 12:27 am

Relegated wrote:
bb01 wrote: ID camps that where actually focused on recruitment where highly beneficial too.


How can we tell which ID camps are focused on recruitment (before we send our daughter to the camp)?

Good question for someone who has gone through them. I have not but I have heard from others to find out things like:

Player to coach ratio.
List of coaches and the length of time they will be on the field.
How the groups will be split up, by age, by skill, by position.
Will the girls get exposure to the head coaches directly or will "camp staff" be doing most of the work.

Last thing you want is a camp where the head coach pops in for an hour to look at a handful of girls that he knows about already.


ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 360
Points : 2180
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by bb01 on 19/07/17, 02:33 pm

What we found was the 1 or 2 day camps that where anywhere between $75-$85 where the best.  We attended DBU, Midwesteren State, Ouachita Baptist, Northwestren State University...... Each of those camps where run by the head coach, assistant coach and maybe one or two other coaches from other universities.  My daughter was recognized and recruited by all 4.  The head coaches had clip boards and evaluated the whole time while the assistant coaches ran the camp.  Also starting the communication before the camps is big to.  Have your player email or call the coach and let them know that they are coming.  Give them name, position ect.... this will get their name in the coaches head and give the player something to break the ice with when they are at the camp.  Do not give up either some players send an email and never get a response the first time.  Keep sending emails, these coaches get thousands of them.  Most will respond back immediately some a week or two later.

If  your player is in the 9th or 10th grade just expect the response of " We can not talk with you, but please attend our camp".  If they are really interested in you they will contact your club coach and communicate that way.  Let your club coach know and have  him or her call the coach.  Coaches can talk to players face to face usually June 15th Div 2 and lower of their Junior year and Sept. 1 Div. 1 Junior year.  Do not quote me on that one maybe off on it.

We learned from talking with older parents what camps to stay away from.  The camps that where charging $400-$600 where usually cattle call camps and where poorly ran.   We also learned very quickly once contact was made with a coach to immediately start your player on building a relationship with that coach. Take an official visit to the campus after the camps.  You will find out real quick which coaches are blowing smoke and or are genuinely interested in your player.  Your player will give you input back pretty quick on whether or not that they feel comfortable with that coach and team.

The biggest thing is do not be afraid to ask the hard questions.  Where does my daughter fit in your style of play.  How many do you carry on a roster.  How many graduating seniors are there for my players graduation year.  These coaches are used to the questions and most will answer honestly and be up front.  You will run into some that take the used car sales men approach and beat around the bush about everything.

Anyways hope this helps and good luck to everyone.  Remember there are roster spots on all of these college teams.  If your player is the top 2% awesome for them.  If they are not do not fret just a little more leg work, but there is a college that will want them.

bb01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 89
Points : 3584
Join date : 2009-11-14

Back to top Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by unknownposter on 19/07/17, 03:02 pm

bb01 wrote:What we found was the 1 or 2 day camps that where anywhere between $75-$85 where the best.  We attended DBU, Midwesteren State, Ouachita Baptist, Northwestren State University...... Each of those camps where run by the head coach, assistant coach and maybe one or two other coaches from other universities.  My daughter was recognized and recruited by all 4.  The head coaches had clip boards and evaluated the whole time while the assistant coaches ran the camp.  Also starting the communication before the camps is big to.  Have your player email or call the coach and let them know that they are coming.  Give them name, position ect.... this will get their name in the coaches head and give the player something to break the ice with when they are at the camp.  Do not give up either some players send an email and never get a response the first time.  Keep sending emails, these coaches get thousands of them.  Most will respond back immediately some a week or two later.

If  your player is in the 9th or 10th grade just expect the response of " We can not talk with you, but please attend our camp".  If they are really interested in you they will contact your club coach and communicate that way.  Let your club coach know and have  him or her call the coach.  Coaches can talk to players face to face usually June 15th Div 2 and lower of their Junior year and Sept. 1 Div. 1 Junior year.  Do not quote me on that one maybe off on it.

We learned from talking with older parents what camps to stay away from.  The camps that where charging $400-$600 where usually cattle call camps and where poorly ran.   We also learned very quickly once contact was made with a coach to immediately start your player on building a relationship with that coach. Take an official visit to the campus after the camps.  You will find out real quick which coaches are blowing smoke and or are genuinely interested in your player.  Your player will give you input back pretty quick on whether or not that they feel comfortable with that coach and team.

The biggest thing is do not be afraid to ask the hard questions.  Where does my daughter fit in your style of play.  How many do you carry on a roster.  How many graduating seniors are there for my players graduation year.  These coaches are used to the questions and most will answer honestly and be up front.  You will run into some that take the used car sales men approach and beat around the bush about everything.

Anyways hope this helps and good luck to everyone.  Remember there are roster spots on all of these college teams.  If your player is the top 2% awesome for them.  If they are not do not fret just a little more leg work, but there is a college that will want them.

Fantastic write-up, thank you!

unknownposter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 665
Join date : 2017-07-18

Back to top Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by Medicine Man on 17/11/17, 06:25 am

W the big pool now and no real.teams. How can you really be sure it's the right path?

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1565
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by Guest on 17/11/17, 06:54 am

Medicine Man wrote:W the big pool now and no real.teams. How can you  really be sure it's the right path?

Why don't you go away. You don't have anything relevant to offer other than your tired shtick.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by KeeperCommander on 17/11/17, 07:04 am

Cleansheets wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:W the big pool now and no real.teams. How can you  really be sure it's the right path?

Why don't you go away. You don't have anything relevant to offer other than your tired shtick.
Nowadays they call it a condition.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3706
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by Medicine Man on 17/11/17, 07:48 am

C'mon dirty laundry I am just asking a question about the pool of kids and the moving parts between the leagues. Why don't we just we just be honest and call it DA composite and everyone else plays in the other leagues when needed.

KC only dreams of unicorns and fairies.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1565
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by KeeperCommander on 17/11/17, 08:19 am

Medicine Man wrote:C'mon dirty laundry I am just asking a question about the pool of kids and the moving parts between the leagues. Why don't we just we just be honest and call it DA composite and everyone else plays in the other leagues when needed.

KC only dreams of unicorns and fairies.
Don’t look now but I think you just proved their point.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3706
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Empty Re: DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking

Post by KeeperCommander on 17/11/17, 08:22 am

DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking - Page 3 Adb0f810
Nothin but love for you!

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3706
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum