North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New to Area. Best Soccer 06' Soccer Coach - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

New to Area. Best Soccer 06' Soccer Coach

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

New to Area. Best Soccer 06' Soccer Coach - Page 6 Empty Re: New to Area. Best Soccer 06' Soccer Coach

Post by SkeetsG06 22/02/18, 06:03 pm

No worries! I think Budhi was acknowledging they have more than size/speed, which I miss understood.

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

New to Area. Best Soccer 06' Soccer Coach - Page 6 Empty Re: New to Area. Best Soccer 06' Soccer Coach

Post by CardinalRule 22/02/18, 06:15 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:
The days of taking a team from academy through select are less and less as more coaches are being assigned to certain age groups. If you look at what Mariscal did with his 01s and 02s at Fever for two years before he left and what he has done with his JDL team in under a year, you'll see he is worth his salt. Juan is very solid as well.

AG and Adames have been very successful, but imho, they've relied heavily on size/speed for SB and serious speed for DTS instead of possession, which I value. They are indeed passionate, no question.

I highly disagree that Spirit is technically sound. First and foremost, Monk is a great dude and those DDs and parents have a special tight-knit group. I respect them all, but they definitely out athlete teams and in the 8 games I've seen them play, the play long ball and their speedsters go get it. I do agree that they are great at counter attacking, but that results in no possession and imho, that is more important.

Take a look at the final FBR ranking before qualifying, the Phiri Fever 06 squad was a top 5 team. Last year's 06 team finished 9th in LH. The same 06 squad is in 5th place this year in LH D1, and they have a negative goal differential after 9 games. They lost a couple matches by multiple goals, including a 0-5 match to DTS this past fall. What exactly is your definition of technically sound?

The 02 Fever team, which became the 01 squad after AP was a middle of the pack D1 team when Mariscal took them over. They did a little better and finished first in D1 a couple times with him coaching, but they lost a few games each season in LH and gave up a significant amount of goals. I am not familiar with the any other teams of his. That same Fever 01 U17 team is now managed by a new coach (Blas). They went undefeated and gave up one goal in the entire LH D1 fall 2017 season. One goal in the fall season is pretty damn impressive. I never said Mariscal isn't solid. IMHO, He appears to hold down the fort pretty well for squads he takes over, but his teams are middle of the pack defensively and not very aggressive....aka soft.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fcdallas06west 23/02/18, 12:39 am

CardinalRule wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
The days of taking a team from academy through select are less and less as more coaches are being assigned to certain age groups. If you look at what Mariscal did with his 01s and 02s at Fever for two years before he left and what he has done with his JDL team in under a year, you'll see he is worth his salt. Juan is very solid as well.

AG and Adames have been very successful, but imho, they've relied heavily on size/speed for SB and serious speed for DTS instead of possession, which I value. They are indeed passionate, no question.

I highly disagree that Spirit is technically sound. First and foremost, Monk is a great dude and those DDs and parents have a special tight-knit group. I respect them all, but they definitely out athlete teams and in the 8 games I've seen them play, the play long ball and their speedsters go get it. I do agree that they are great at counter attacking, but that results in no possession and imho, that is more important.

Take a look at the final FBR ranking before qualifying, the Phiri Fever 06 squad was a top 5 team. Last year's 06 team finished 9th in LH. The same 06 squad is in 5th place this year in LH D1, and they have a negative goal differential after 9 games. They lost a couple matches by multiple goals, including a 0-5 match to DTS this past fall.  What exactly is your definition of technically sound?  

The 02 Fever team, which became the 01 squad after AP was a middle of the pack D1 team when Mariscal took them over. They did a little better and finished first in D1 a couple times with him coaching, but they lost a few games each season in LH and gave up a significant amount of goals.  I am not familiar with the any other teams of his. That same Fever 01 U17 team is now managed by a new coach (Blas).  They went undefeated and gave up one goal in the entire LH D1 fall 2017 season. One goal in the fall season is pretty damn impressive.  I never said Mariscal isn't solid. IMHO, He appears to hold down the fort pretty well for squads he takes over, but his teams are middle of the pack defensively and not very aggressive....aka soft.

WOW, were we ranked that high before qualifying almost two years ago...who knew.  Thanks, Rule,  for your interest in our team.  We do like our coach.  He pushes the girls to play creative soccer.  We typically only play a two-back set with the girls playing out of the back most opportunities.  They understand numbered positions, numerous formations, recovery and counter-attack opportunities and most games we're happy to see them putting together new combinations, moving off the ball proactively and generating scoring opportunities, all while maintaining possession of the ball for a majority of the game.  

But, yes, we can give up some goals - nature of the beast playing this style of soccer with 11-year-old girls.  But, we don't mind losing to DTS 5-0.  Guess what, they are top notch (Sting Black too).  Not sure us losing another game 2-0 to FCD East constitutes a pattern of "middle of the pack defensively or soft," but the forum experts can debate that stimulating tidbit.  And, I'm no expert, but I'm guessing while the nuances of pressure-cover-balance can be touched on again, probably best to spend more time on the more intricate stuff - possession, position, play.

So, if Soccer Person is really looking for a team like ours - come check us out.  PM me and I'll be glad to send you info.  And, for the record, TX Spirit is a great team all around, with a great coach too.  We appreciate the forum love.  

FCD West 06

fcdallas06west
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 23/02/18, 08:12 am

CardinalRule wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:

Take a look at the final FBR ranking before qualifying, the Phiri Fever 06 squad was a top 5 team. Last year's 06 team finished 9th in LH. The same 06 squad is in 5th place this year in LH D1, and they have a negative goal differential after 9 games. They lost a couple matches by multiple goals, including a 0-5 match to DTS this past fall.  What exactly is your definition of technically sound?  

The 02 Fever team, which became the 01 squad after AP was a middle of the pack D1 team when Mariscal took them over. They did a little better and finished first in D1 a couple times with him coaching, but they lost a few games each season in LH and gave up a significant amount of goals.  I am not familiar with the any other teams of his. That same Fever 01 U17 team is now managed by a new coach (Blas).  They went undefeated and gave up one goal in the entire LH D1 fall 2017 season. One goal in the fall season is pretty damn impressive.  I never said Mariscal isn't solid. IMHO, He appears to hold down the fort pretty well for squads he takes over, but his teams are middle of the pack defensively and not very aggressive....aka soft.

Cardinal Rule AKA TxFutbol AKA Fever Homer, I did not come on here to get into a pissing match about Mariscal. You've obviously got an axe to grind so I will let it be. I've seen his team's style so I recommended him along with others. Many other posters came on here and mentioned his name as well so I guess we are all crazy...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 23/02/18, 08:29 am

Dan Mariscal is a fantastic coach. Every time he's missing from the 06s they go back to playing Phiri ball. If you're not playing for Dan Mariscal then it's just a wasted season.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 23/02/18, 09:19 am

I think you misunderstood my post Bodhi. I just elaborated my point of view in regards to him being discussed as a top coach at this age. It was critical, but it was based on a quick review of results that you cited. I could have supported my POV on AG, GA, RM and/or JM, but I instead focused on this one particular coach.

I do not have an axe to grind or want/need a pissing match. The soft comment was probably a little stronger than intended. If your DD loves playing for him and you see improvement, fantastic.

Great post FCDWest06. Debating the merits of what constitutes technical soccer ability and how best to develop it is probably a better place to take this discussion than an emotionally charged debate on coaches. We will leave that mountain for another day. Happy Friday! Smile

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 23/02/18, 10:32 am

CardinalRule wrote:I think you misunderstood my post Bodhi.  I just elaborated my point of view in regards to him being discussed as a top coach at this age.  It was critical, but it was based on a quick review of results that you cited.  I could have supported my POV on AG, GA, RM and/or JM, but I instead focused on this one particular coach.

I do not have an axe to grind or want/need a pissing match.  The soft comment was probably a little stronger than intended.  If your DD loves playing for him and you see improvement, fantastic.

Great post FCDWest06.  Debating the merits of what constitutes technical soccer ability and how best to develop it is probably a better place to take this discussion than an emotionally charged debate on coaches.  We will leave that mountain for another day.  Happy Friday!  Smile

I think I clearly understood your post. You used forum rankings and not US youth rankings for one. Two, you called 11 year old girls soft. Crystal clear.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 23/02/18, 01:34 pm

Not sure how Crystal looks in your world, but you are incorrect on both accounts.

Goal differentials, Current standings, Year over year trends, etc. were gathered on LH website. http://www.girlsclassicleague.org/page/show/1203740-schedules

"IMHO, He appears to hold down the fort pretty well for squads he takes over, but his teams are middle of the pack defensively and not very aggressive....aka soft." Exact words were a general observation "TEAMS" is plural not specific to your 11 year old DD. Lighten up Francis.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 23/02/18, 02:07 pm

Definitely a middle of the pack, not aggressive, and possession based Coach. He needs to be one of those guys that just yells SEND IT. Wasting to much time on technical soccer.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by #2420 02/03/18, 11:26 am

Team Coaches see all above.

Individuals for private training.
Marcio Leite
Keith Reynolds
Skip Scarfone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6