North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Michael Brown highlights Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Michael Brown highlights

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Michael Brown highlights Empty Michael Brown highlights

Post by Disposessed 29/01/18, 10:45 am

I know this forum is dead but how about a special shout out to the Dfeeters ECNL victories in the Silver bracket of Michael Brown.   cheers
Some of the best 04G soccer I've seen.  Build out from the back was a delight with amazing skill at most positions.  Tremendous speed and power. And the humility not to score too much on its prey.
Rest of the teams should have stayed home and enjoyed the weekend.

Disposessed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Michael Brown highlights Empty Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Zizou 29/01/18, 11:01 am

That’s awesome, send video if you can. Would love to see it.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hang1053 29/01/18, 12:15 pm

So i just went to the website to look at the 04 Brackets.
Looks like there was a Silver A and a Silver B.
I see a DFeeters DII team in Silver A.

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 29/01/18, 12:30 pm

Too bad the DA teams were afraid to show up. Probably would have been a tough run for them to compete in gold. Another interesting post in the younger age groups was putting most DA teams in Tier two for that group. DA is now the law of the land because they said it was, but just like ECNL it's hasn't set itself apart with no questions asked, fire the staff psychologist.

Regards

Foxy
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 29/01/18, 12:33 pm

Disposessed wrote:I know this forum is dead but how about a special shout out to the Dfeeters ECNL victories in the Silver bracket of Michael Brown.   cheers
Some of the best 04G soccer I've seen.  Build out from the back was a delight with amazing skill at most positions.  Tremendous speed and power.  And the humility not to score too much on its prey.

Coulda sworn I saw them in the Gold division ...

Must be that pesky player pool roster management rearing it's ugly head again, huh?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hang1053 29/01/18, 12:51 pm

Looks like the Dfeeters had 2 good teams in the same Age Group.
I bet they probably did not want to play against each other.
So they placed them in different brackets.

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hang1053 29/01/18, 12:59 pm

Looks like Kansas City came down and did some damage this year.

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/01/18, 01:01 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:Too bad the DA teams were afraid to show up.  Probably would have been a tough run for them to compete in gold.  Another interesting post in the younger age groups was putting most DA teams in Tier two for that group.  DA is now the law of the land because they said it was,  but just like ECNL it's hasn't set itself apart with no questions asked, fire the staff psychologist.

Regards

Foxy

I don’t know the FCD and Solar U-15 groups are pretty damm good. Both with only one or two losses in their frontier division. The FCD group at this point holding on to the number one play-off seeding.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ricnbontx 29/01/18, 02:17 pm

Disposessed wrote:I know this forum is dead but how about a special shout out to the Dfeeters ECNL victories in the Silver bracket of Michael Brown.   cheers
Some of the best 04G soccer I've seen.  Build out from the back was a delight with amazing skill at most positions.  Tremendous speed and power.  And the humility not to score too much on its prey.

D'Feeters 04 Lake Highlands D-1 team played Gold Division
D'Feeters 04 Lake Highlands D-2 team played Silver Division

From your description it sounds like the D-2 team had a pretty good showing. Congrats girls. Keep working hard. Perhaps one day you too will be successful enough to spend your free time critiquing the play of 13 year old girls on a North Texas soccer forum. Dream big.
ricnbontx
ricnbontx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 29/01/18, 02:38 pm

Michael Brown highlights Butthu10

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 29/01/18, 04:46 pm

Let's keep the DA conversations in the DA forum please..

The '04s are trying celebrate their weekend accomplishments. Huge shout out to all the bracket winners.. I caught about 15 minutes of FCD vs D'Feeters match.. Looked like a tough game and a lot of possession. Both defenses appeared to be physical from where I was watching across another field.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/01/18, 05:39 pm

This is the U-15 forum correct? Lighten up princes, med man and others will be here soon enough to change your tone. Maybe the ECNL team should take this to the ECNL forum.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Disposessed 30/01/18, 10:02 am

Haha. A little sarcasm and a little truth shows this forum has a heartbeat, albeit mostly the same jokers.
I'm not shouting #MeToo, but if you play down and CPP from a higher level, it gets noted. Just sayin.

Disposessed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 30/01/18, 10:16 am

Foxysoccermom wrote:Too bad the DA teams were afraid to show up.  Probably would have been a tough run for them to compete in gold.  Another interesting post in the younger age groups was putting most DA teams in Tier two for that group.  DA is now the law of the land because they said it was,  but just like ECNL it's hasn't set itself apart with no questions asked, fire the staff psychologist.

Regards

Foxy

Mornin' Foxy --

I know this was sarcasm ... But if you'd ever like to have a serious discussion (in another thread) about the strength (or lack thereof) of the GDA teams versus any others in NTX you believe may be stronger just for grins, that'd be tons o' fun.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/18, 11:38 am

Gosh. I think the whole forum should shut down. There. Should be a GDA forum only.  I mean, if it didn't happen there then essentially it didn't happen. I feel sorry for all these young ladies and their myopic parents that think little Susie is playing a quality brand of footie.

I like to look on here every day and note how EVERY post about something other than GDA gets reminded that there are only X many girls with any soccer acumen.  

Gawd there are some amazingly pompous asses on here.  In a few weeks maybe some of you should button your traps, open your eyes, and go spend a day at UTD and just observe. I GUARANTEE you will see so many wonderful young ladies with every bit of heart and upside as their alleged superiors. Sadly, their circumstances might not permit these ladies the opportunity to be on only these teams that matter (geography, home life, other non-sport skill sets, other sport skill sets, etc.)

Enjoy blowing smoke about "my kid, my coach, my level, my team, my my my...".  (Blowing something anyway lol). How about realizing that there's a wealth of talent out there and just congratulate or recognize that growth is occurring elsewhere.

(FYI - mine did not play in Michael Brown...I just got tired of reading the same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING* from the same tired egos on every effing non-DA thread. I'm pretty sure these opinions wouldn't be so fervently shared if in a group setting)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 30/01/18, 11:57 am

I agree with you blob! Lol, we need more posters like yourself.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 30/01/18, 12:25 pm

Thanks Blob ... Great points and as always, very insightful.

However, once again, criticism coming from the inexperienced (with GDA, not with youth soccer in NTX ... I'm sure your an older gentlemen that has had kids go through the old gamut).  Next time you run across one of those woeful ladies that sought out and was fortunate enough to have been selected to a GDA roster here in NTX, ask her about her experience thus far ... You might not feel as sorry for them as you think.

Completely agreed that there are only so many kids out there with elite soccer acumen.  As has been mentioned many times here, I agree with those that say that ~75% of the kids paying for Select soccer, shouldn't ... That's on the parents.

Sincere question here ... How will 'buttoning our traps' and spending a day at UTD (watching their Women's Soccer team I'm guessing), help us open our eyes?  And to what exactly? ... That they are playing at UTD instead of UT because they were hamstrung by Circumstance A or Circumstance B?  Surely you aren't assuming that any of the kids participating in GDA don't have logistical issues, problems with home life, or are skilled in other sports ... Do ya Sir?

And apologies for the confusion, but not blowing smoke (or anything else) here.  As was mentioned earlier in this thread, some think that this forum is dead.  Just trying to scratch the surface of another little conversation in an area that has yet to be touched -- ya know ... Liven things up a bit.

(FYI -- My kid didn't not play in Michael Brown either ... I just got tired of reading the same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING* from the same tired folks that mindlessly attempt to feed the common misconception about a program in which they have zero experience with and no nothing about ... that's all Blob.  And quite contrarily, I would love to discuss truths and opinions regarding anything that has to do with youth soccer in a group setting.  Please PM me if you'd ever like to meet up to talk soccer!

Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/01/18, 12:30 pm

This is some good comedy LMAO. Now this is some funny shiz. Now we have another Zizou w humility is this the bipolar Zizou or skitzo. Laughing

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 30/01/18, 12:34 pm

Blob wrote:Gosh. I think the whole forum should shut down. There. Should be a GDA forum only.  I mean, if it didn't happen there then essentially it didn't happen. I feel sorry for all these young ladies and their myopic parents that think little Susie is playing a quality brand of footie.

I like to look on here every day and note how EVERY post about something other than GDA gets reminded that there are only X many girls with any soccer acumen.  

Gawd there are some amazingly pompous asses on here.  In a few weeks maybe some of you should button your traps, open your eyes, and go spend a day at UTD and just observe. I GUARANTEE you will see so many wonderful young ladies with every bit of heart and upside as their alleged superiors. Sadly, their circumstances might not permit these ladies the opportunity to be on only these teams that matter (geography, home life, other non-sport skill sets, other sport skill sets, etc.)

Enjoy blowing smoke about "my kid, my coach, my level, my team, my my my...".  (Blowing something anyway lol). How about realizing that there's a wealth of talent out there and just congratulate or recognize that growth is occurring elsewhere.

(FYI - mine did not play in Michael Brown...I just got tired of reading the same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING* from the same tired egos on every effing non-DA thread. I'm pretty sure these opinions wouldn't be so fervently shared if in a group setting)

I have no doubt they would be.

It's all about the GDA.  All the time.  Everywhere.

and the egos.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 30/01/18, 12:51 pm

C'mon Stupidity --

You know darn well that we'd love to discuss the ECNL, CL, LHGCL, whatever ...

Yeah, let's do it, I'm pumped.  Let's let the healing begin!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/01/18, 01:17 pm

Everybody deserves a trophy these days.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Defender_Dad 30/01/18, 01:19 pm

Big Ern wrote:Thanks Blob ... Great points and as always, very insightful.

However, once again, criticism coming from the inexperienced (with GDA, not with youth soccer in NTX ... I'm sure your an older gentlemen that has had kids go through the old gamut).  Next time you run across one of those woeful ladies that sought out and was fortunate enough to have been selected to a GDA roster here in NTX, ask her about her experience thus far ... You might not feel as sorry for them as you think.

Completely agreed that there are only so many kids out there with elite soccer acumen.  As has been mentioned many times here, I agree with those that say that ~75% of the kids paying for Select soccer, shouldn't ... That's on the parents.

Sincere question here ... How will 'buttoning our traps' and spending a day at UTD (watching their Women's Soccer team I'm guessing), help us open our eyes?  And to what exactly? ... That they are playing at UTD instead of UT because they were hamstrung by Circumstance A or Circumstance B?  Surely you aren't assuming that any of the kids participating in GDA don't have logistical issues, problems with home life, or are skilled in other sports ... Do ya Sir?

And apologies for the confusion, but not blowing smoke (or anything else) here.  As was mentioned earlier in this thread, some think that this forum is dead.  Just trying to scratch the surface of another little conversation in an area that has yet to be touched -- ya know ... Liven things up a bit.

(FYI -- My kid didn't not play in Michael Brown either ... I just got tired of reading the same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING* from the same tired folks that mindlessly attempt to feed the common misconception about a program in which they have zero experience with and no nothing about ... that's all Blob.  And quite contrarily, I would love to discuss truths and opinions regarding anything that has to do with youth soccer in a group setting.  Please PM me if you'd ever like to meet up to talk soccer!

Wink

Your head is so far up the "Proverbial" GDA arse, that you just completely missed the whole point of what Blob was trying to get at.
Defender_Dad
Defender_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/01/18, 01:24 pm

I would call it PDA public display of affection.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 30/01/18, 01:30 pm

Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Thanks Blob ... Great points and as always, very insightful.

(FYI -- My kid didn't not play in Michael Brown either ... I just got tired of reading the same tired SHYTE from the same tired folks that mindlessly attempt to feed the common misconception about a program in which they have zero experience with and no nothing about ... that's all Blob.  And quite contrarily, I would love to discuss truths and opinions regarding anything that has to do with youth soccer in a group setting.  Please PM me if you'd ever like to meet up to talk soccer!

Wink

Your head is so far up the "Proverbial" GDA arse, that you just completely missed the whole point of Blob was trying yo get at.

Oh ... really?  S%#t ... Well isn't that embarrassing.  

Could ya fill me in then on the whole point that I missed?  And while you're at it, have another look at this ^ post (you'll have to read past the first line of the second paragraph though) ... You know -- just in case you "completely missed the whole point".  When you're done there, please let me know how my post didn't address ole Blob's "point".

Awesome.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 30/01/18, 01:58 pm

Big Ern wrote:

Regards

Foxy

Mornin' Foxy --

I know this was sarcasm ... But if you'd ever like to have a serious discussion (in another thread) about the strength (or lack thereof) of the GDA teams versus any others in NTX you believe may be stronger just for grins, that'd be tons o' fun.

MMMmmm yea, talk DA to me Bige. It makes my loins ache when you go there. PM sent, I always thought you batted the other way or I'd have hooked up a long time ago.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next