Latest topics
Back to it Yesterday at 07:41 pmteddykgb
Solar09G Bardwell Open Roster Spots AvailableYesterday at 07:09 pmTXEagles
Inter United FC 2012 Boys Yesterday at 01:21 pmInterUnitedFC
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSYesterday at 01:03 pmScubaSteve
Solar 11 Weigelt Looking for Players Yesterday at 11:40 amSolar11/12girls
Select / HS soccer overload? Advice?Yesterday at 07:16 amZizou
U14 Frontier Division16/02/19, 08:01 pmBENDMEOVER
UTD Field Conditions16/02/19, 07:15 pmCheckpoint Charlie
08g goalkeeper needed LH d1 team16/02/19, 02:24 pmjustagirl
Solar South 11 Girls Looking for couple of players 16/02/19, 07:37 amjlviera
Solar South 12 Girls Looking for girls 16/02/19, 07:37 amjlviera
Help with navigating the soccer landscape15/02/19, 08:48 pmBENDMEOVER
When did this happen? LFC now DFeeters Black15/02/19, 12:30 pmCheckpoint Charlie
looking for year round futsal team for 06g and 11g to join15/02/19, 11:39 amsoccer51721
FBR1015/02/19, 10:56 amWinTheChipzRdown
Looking to Add 08G Players15/02/19, 08:57 amNTX_Celtic_Talavera
Solar09G Bardwell Open Tryouts Lewisville15/02/19, 08:56 amTXEagles
Texas Spurs Blanton 09 - Looking to Add14/02/19, 09:52 pmtareyncarol
Texas Spurs Blanton 10 - Looking to Add14/02/19, 09:51 pmtareyncarol
Predators FC '01 Open Practices14/02/19, 08:11 pmPredatorsFC’01
Dallas Texans 09G Mochel14/02/19, 02:54 pmTexansMochel
Guest Goal Keeper Available for Spring.14/02/19, 01:01 pmgrasor
Any one else just waiting for the season to end?14/02/19, 12:43 pmBadknees
Prosper Elite 09G Looking for 2 14/02/19, 10:50 amDDdadof1
9th Grade HS/Select soccer workload advice14/02/19, 09:56 amwazup
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12904 registered users
The newest registered user is Drkellie

Our users have posted a total of 185337 messages in 24822 subjects

Time for Answers

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Jugglemaster on 30/04/18, 12:37 am

Agree all the way. I say never do a league in its first year. Scary. Let FCD be the guinea pig we can learn from

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 105
Join date : 2017-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Medicine Man on 30/04/18, 06:25 am

There can only be one Suga Daddy baby!!!!

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1505
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by SickofStupidity on 30/04/18, 07:54 am

So if FCD and Solar go with GDA, ECNL and FDL, it will be interesting to see if their #2 teams go FDL or ECNL.

Throw TCL into the mix (though we seem to have unanswered conflicting info between BigErnie and Baker) . . . will the quality there be somewhere around LHGCL DIII?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 884
Points : 2634
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by ColtMcVince on 30/04/18, 08:58 am

Kind of sounds like nothing changes other than what we are calling these leagues teams are in. Solar and FCD have DA, ECNL and JDL. It will become DA, FDL and TCL it sounds like. So JDl goes away and becomes FDL or ECNL takes the FDLspot and the JDL team changes names (I.e. FCD premiere) and just plays in the TCL league.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 2278
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by SickofStupidity on 30/04/18, 09:38 am

ColtMcVince wrote:Kind of sounds like nothing changes other than what we are calling these leagues teams are in.  Solar and FCD have DA, ECNL and JDL.  It will become DA, FDL and TCL it sounds like.  So  JDl goes away and becomes FDL or ECNL takes the FDLspot and the JDL team changes names (I.e. FCD premiere) and just plays in the TCL league.  


I have it on pretty good authority -

"FCD is not participating in TCL next year."

Wink

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 884
Points : 2634
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Foxysoccermom on 30/04/18, 09:50 am

SickofStupidity wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:Kind of sounds like nothing changes other than what we are calling these leagues teams are in.  Solar and FCD have DA, ECNL and JDL.  It will become DA, FDL and TCL it sounds like.  So  JDl goes away and becomes FDL or ECNL takes the FDLspot and the JDL team changes names (I.e. FCD premiere) and just plays in the TCL league.  


I have it on pretty good authority -

"FCD is not participating in TCL next year."

Wink


Is that what meth man told you?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 650
Points : 1443
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Guest on 30/04/18, 09:54 am

TCL is the 1st to go. It’s been on life support anyway. Remove 3 of the 5 NTX Clubs that participated and it will go away.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Medicine Man on 30/04/18, 09:55 am

No foxy it means your street service is going up by the hour. I need to ask the brethren to tithe 15 percent. Forgive me!

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1505
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Big Ern on 30/04/18, 09:56 am

SickofStupidity wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:Kind of sounds like nothing changes other than what we are calling these leagues teams are in.  Solar and FCD have DA, ECNL and JDL.  It will become DA, FDL and TCL it sounds like.  So  JDl goes away and becomes FDL or ECNL takes the FDLspot and the JDL team changes names (I.e. FCD premiere) and just plays in the TCL league.  


I have it on pretty good authority -

"FCD is not participating in TCL next year."

Wink

Children.

You forget that JDL is (was) for the littles ... The team you've referenced here isn't becoming something it wouldn't have anyway by taking on a new name.  

And yes ... just as SOAP's post came to fruition, you should expect this one to as well --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1011
Points : 2679
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by ColtMcVince on 30/04/18, 10:42 am

Big E, you’ve got to dumb it down for those of us who are on the outside. You said TCL isn’t happening at FCD. I said in my post FCD premiere will do TCL transitioning from JDL. Then you respond with this was going to happen no matter what. I’m thoroughly confused by now.

And who is SOAP?

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 2278
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Big Ern on 30/04/18, 10:53 am

Understood ColtMcV and I hope you'll accept my apology for creating any confusion ...

'SOAP' is Son_ofa_Pitch -- Doesn't post much anymore but has been around awhile and has solid connections with those in the know.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1011
Points : 2679
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Medicine Man on 30/04/18, 11:05 am

Let's call it like it is a SOAP OPERA!

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1505
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Lefty on 30/04/18, 11:41 am

ForReal wrote:
Zizou wrote:It will all be clear very soon. Let the season end.

What season, Zizou?  DA goes to early June. ECNL until May 20. Tryouts will largely be over by then and decisions forced on unwitting customers.

Speaking of anyone in particular?


Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1070
Points : 4659
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by KeeperCommander on 30/04/18, 12:03 pm

Jugglemaster wrote:Agree all the way.  I say never do a league in its first year.  Scary.  Let FCD be the guinea pig we can learn from
Ha that isn’t Foxy policy.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3646
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by CardinalRule on 30/04/18, 12:06 pm

After reading this post, I am more confused. Can someone answer the following questions regarding go-forward plans for the big clubs?

1. Sting; year 2 of business as usual, participating in ECNL, TCL and JDL. Correct?

2. D'feeters; year 2 of business as usual, participating in ECNL, TCL and JDL. Correct?

3. Texans; All DTS teams are moving to Solar, ECNL, JDL and TCL done for all ages and DA1/2 for U13-U18. Correct?

4. Solar; participating in ECNL and TCL U14-U18, DA1/2 for ages U13-U18. Correct?

5. FCD; participating in ECNL and TCL U14-U18, DA1/2 for ages U13-U18. Correct?

6. Liverpool; are they getting an ECNL pass?

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 404
Join date : 2018-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Lefty on 30/04/18, 12:12 pm

CardinalRule wrote:After reading this post, I am more confused.  Can someone answer the following questions regarding go-forward plans for the big clubs?

1. Sting; year 2 of business as usual, participating in ECNL, TCL and JDL.  Correct?

2. D'feeters;  year 2 of business as usual, participating in ECNL, TCL and JDL.  Correct?

3. Texans; All DTS teams are moving to Solar, ECNL, JDL and TCL done for all ages and DA1/2 for U13-U18.  Correct?

4. Solar; participating in ECNL and TCL U14-U18, DA1/2 for ages U13-U18.  Correct?

5. FCD; participating in ECNL and TCL U14-U18, DA1/2 for ages U13-U18.  Correct?

6. Liverpool; are they getting an ECNL pass?  

Almost.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1070
Points : 4659
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by 918soccer on 30/04/18, 01:11 pm

Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 498
Join date : 2017-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by AggieSoccer51 on 30/04/18, 01:16 pm

ECNL will deny that request.

AggieSoccer51
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 16
Points : 2322
Join date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by PowerKick on 30/04/18, 01:37 pm

918soccer wrote:Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.

I would be surprised if ECNL still survive in NTX in 2 years.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 163
Points : 1712
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Yo on 30/04/18, 01:44 pm

[quote="918soccer"]Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.[/

Now that's funny!

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 336
Join date : 2018-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad on 30/04/18, 02:33 pm

918soccer wrote:Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.

From the crowd noise, I don't think the Texans had a choice in keeping or dropping ECNL. Sounds like ENCL forced their hand, my guess, with the FDL announcement, if it wasn't already decided.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 127
Points : 3323
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad on 30/04/18, 02:36 pm

PowerKick wrote:
918soccer wrote:Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.

I would be surprised if ECNL still survive in NTX in 2 years.

You will need enough clubs around to have league games without too much travel to make it a burden.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 127
Points : 3323
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by SickofStupidity on 30/04/18, 03:11 pm

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
918soccer wrote:Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.

From the crowd noise, I don't think the Texans had a choice in keeping or dropping ECNL.  Sounds like ENCL forced their hand, my guess, with the FDL announcement, if it wasn't already decided.  


Don't get that - Texans had a choice, but  "ECNL forced their hand" with the FDL announcement.

FDL has announced that Solar and FC Dallas will be participating this year, and both clubs are advertising their involvement in ECNL, so how did Texans differ?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 884
Points : 2634
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by TrustTheProcess on 30/04/18, 03:14 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
918soccer wrote:Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.

From the crowd noise, I don't think the Texans had a choice in keeping or dropping ECNL.  Sounds like ENCL forced their hand, my guess, with the FDL announcement, if it wasn't already decided.  


Don't get that - Texans had a choice, but  "ECNL forced their hand" with the FDL announcement.

FDL has announced that Solar and FC Dallas will be participating this year, and both clubs are advertising their involvement in ECNL, so how did Texans differ?

Great question
TrustTheProcess
TrustTheProcess
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 44
Points : 349
Join date : 2018-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by timmyh on 30/04/18, 03:58 pm

TrustTheProcess wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
918soccer wrote:Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.

From the crowd noise, I don't think the Texans had a choice in keeping or dropping ECNL.  Sounds like ENCL forced their hand, my guess, with the FDL announcement, if it wasn't already decided.  


Don't get that - Texans had a choice, but  "ECNL forced their hand" with the FDL announcement.

FDL has announced that Solar and FC Dallas will be participating this year, and both clubs are advertising their involvement in ECNL, so how did Texans differ?

Great question

Simple. Solar and FCD are generally deeper and more successful than DT.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 216
Points : 1534
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by SickofStupidity on 30/04/18, 04:14 pm

timmyh wrote:
TrustTheProcess wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
918soccer wrote:Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.

From the crowd noise, I don't think the Texans had a choice in keeping or dropping ECNL.  Sounds like ENCL forced their hand, my guess, with the FDL announcement, if it wasn't already decided.  


Don't get that - Texans had a choice, but  "ECNL forced their hand" with the FDL announcement.

FDL has announced that Solar and FC Dallas will be participating this year, and both clubs are advertising their involvement in ECNL, so how did Texans differ?

Great question

Simple. Solar and FCD are generally deeper and more successful than DT.



ECNL forced the Texans hand, but not FCD because FCD is deeper and more successful than DT?

Texans placed ahead of FCD in 5 of 7 ECNL age groups.

I don't think ECNL cares that FCD can field 27 PPL teams per age group.


SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 884
Points : 2634
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum