North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Time for Answers - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Time for Answers

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Time for Answers - Page 5 Empty Re: Time for Answers

Post by Jugglemaster 30/04/18, 12:37 am

Agree all the way. I say never do a league in its first year. Scary. Let FCD be the guinea pig we can learn from

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/04/18, 06:25 am

There can only be one Suga Daddy baby!!!!

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 30/04/18, 07:54 am

So if FCD and Solar go with GDA, ECNL and FDL, it will be interesting to see if their #2 teams go FDL or ECNL.

Throw TCL into the mix (though we seem to have unanswered conflicting info between BigErnie and Baker) . . . will the quality there be somewhere around LHGCL DIII?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 30/04/18, 08:58 am

Kind of sounds like nothing changes other than what we are calling these leagues teams are in. Solar and FCD have DA, ECNL and JDL. It will become DA, FDL and TCL it sounds like. So JDl goes away and becomes FDL or ECNL takes the FDLspot and the JDL team changes names (I.e. FCD premiere) and just plays in the TCL league.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 30/04/18, 09:38 am

ColtMcVince wrote:Kind of sounds like nothing changes other than what we are calling these leagues teams are in.  Solar and FCD have DA, ECNL and JDL.  It will become DA, FDL and TCL it sounds like.  So  JDl goes away and becomes FDL or ECNL takes the FDLspot and the JDL team changes names (I.e. FCD premiere) and just plays in the TCL league.  

I have it on pretty good authority -

"FCD is not participating in TCL next year."

Wink

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 30/04/18, 09:50 am

SickofStupidity wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:Kind of sounds like nothing changes other than what we are calling these leagues teams are in.  Solar and FCD have DA, ECNL and JDL.  It will become DA, FDL and TCL it sounds like.  So  JDl goes away and becomes FDL or ECNL takes the FDLspot and the JDL team changes names (I.e. FCD premiere) and just plays in the TCL league.  

Wink

Is that what meth man told you?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/04/18, 09:54 am

TCL is the 1st to go. It’s been on life support anyway. Remove 3 of the 5 NTX Clubs that participated and it will go away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/04/18, 09:55 am

No foxy it means your street service is going up by the hour. I need to ask the brethren to tithe 15 percent. Forgive me!

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 30/04/18, 09:56 am

SickofStupidity wrote:

Wink

Children.

You forget that JDL is (was) for the littles ... The team you've referenced here isn't becoming something it wouldn't have anyway by taking on a new name.  

And yes ... just as SOAP's post came to fruition, you should expect this one to as well --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 30/04/18, 10:42 am

Big E, you’ve got to dumb it down for those of us who are on the outside. You said TCL isn’t happening at FCD. I said in my post FCD premiere will do TCL transitioning from JDL. Then you respond with this was going to happen no matter what. I’m thoroughly confused by now.

And who is SOAP?

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 30/04/18, 10:53 am

Understood ColtMcV and I hope you'll accept my apology for creating any confusion ...

'SOAP' is Son_ofa_Pitch -- Doesn't post much anymore but has been around awhile and has solid connections with those in the know.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/04/18, 11:05 am

Let's call it like it is a SOAP OPERA!

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 30/04/18, 11:41 am

ForReal wrote:
Zizou wrote:It will all be clear very soon. Let the season end.

What season, Zizou?  DA goes to early June. ECNL until May 20. Tryouts will largely be over by then and decisions forced on unwitting customers.

Speaking of anyone in particular?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 30/04/18, 12:03 pm

Jugglemaster wrote:Agree all the way.  I say never do a league in its first year.  Scary.  Let FCD be the guinea pig we can learn from
Ha that isn’t Foxy policy.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 30/04/18, 12:06 pm

After reading this post, I am more confused. Can someone answer the following questions regarding go-forward plans for the big clubs?

1. Sting; year 2 of business as usual, participating in ECNL, TCL and JDL. Correct?

2. D'feeters; year 2 of business as usual, participating in ECNL, TCL and JDL. Correct?

3. Texans; All DTS teams are moving to Solar, ECNL, JDL and TCL done for all ages and DA1/2 for U13-U18. Correct?

4. Solar; participating in ECNL and TCL U14-U18, DA1/2 for ages U13-U18. Correct?

5. FCD; participating in ECNL and TCL U14-U18, DA1/2 for ages U13-U18. Correct?

6. Liverpool; are they getting an ECNL pass?

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 30/04/18, 12:12 pm

CardinalRule wrote:After reading this post, I am more confused.  Can someone answer the following questions regarding go-forward plans for the big clubs?

1. Sting; year 2 of business as usual, participating in ECNL, TCL and JDL.  Correct?

2. D'feeters;  year 2 of business as usual, participating in ECNL, TCL and JDL.  Correct?

3. Texans; All DTS teams are moving to Solar, ECNL, JDL and TCL done for all ages and DA1/2 for U13-U18.  Correct?

4. Solar; participating in ECNL and TCL U14-U18, DA1/2 for ages U13-U18.  Correct?

5. FCD; participating in ECNL and TCL U14-U18, DA1/2 for ages U13-U18.  Correct?

6. Liverpool; are they getting an ECNL pass?  

Almost.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 30/04/18, 01:11 pm

Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AggieSoccer51 30/04/18, 01:16 pm

ECNL will deny that request.

AggieSoccer51
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 30/04/18, 01:37 pm

918soccer wrote:Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.

I would be surprised if ECNL still survive in NTX in 2 years.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 30/04/18, 01:44 pm

[quote="918soccer"]Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

Up North we are hearing Solar and FCD keeping ECNL for second teams and further announcements coming regarding LP and DTS.[/

Now that's funny!

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 30/04/18, 02:33 pm

918soccer wrote:Floored by the Texans decision. Did they assume FDL would be better for college recruiting than ECNL? I can see the benefit of clubs without ECNL doing it but it seems awfully risky for joint ECNL/DA clubs to drop a strong college funnel for FDL.

From the crowd noise, I don't think the Texans had a choice in keeping or dropping ECNL. Sounds like ENCL forced their hand, my guess, with the FDL announcement, if it wasn't already decided.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 30/04/18, 02:36 pm

PowerKick wrote:

I would be surprised if ECNL still survive in NTX in 2 years.

You will need enough clubs around to have league games without too much travel to make it a burden.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 30/04/18, 03:11 pm

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:

From the crowd noise, I don't think the Texans had a choice in keeping or dropping ECNL.  Sounds like ENCL forced their hand, my guess, with the FDL announcement, if it wasn't already decided.  

Don't get that - Texans had a choice, but  "ECNL forced their hand" with the FDL announcement.

FDL has announced that Solar and FC Dallas will be participating this year, and both clubs are advertising their involvement in ECNL, so how did Texans differ?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TrustTheProcess 30/04/18, 03:14 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:

From the crowd noise, I don't think the Texans had a choice in keeping or dropping ECNL.  Sounds like ENCL forced their hand, my guess, with the FDL announcement, if it wasn't already decided.  

Don't get that - Texans had a choice, but  "ECNL forced their hand" with the FDL announcement.

FDL has announced that Solar and FC Dallas will be participating this year, and both clubs are advertising their involvement in ECNL, so how did Texans differ?

Great question
TrustTheProcess
TrustTheProcess
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 30/04/18, 03:58 pm

TrustTheProcess wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

Great question

Simple. Solar and FCD are generally deeper and more successful than DT.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 30/04/18, 04:14 pm

timmyh wrote:
TrustTheProcess wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

Great question

Simple. Solar and FCD are generally deeper and more successful than DT.

ECNL forced the Texans hand, but not FCD because FCD is deeper and more successful than DT?

Texans placed ahead of FCD in 5 of 7 ECNL age groups.

I don't think ECNL cares that FCD can field 27 PPL teams per age group.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next