North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

The REAL difference between DA and ECNL - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

The REAL difference between DA and ECNL

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The REAL difference between DA and ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL difference between DA and ECNL

Post by BENDMEOVER 16/05/19, 05:21 am

I got to know where to go.

BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

The REAL difference between DA and ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL difference between DA and ECNL

Post by 918soccer 16/05/19, 10:05 am

So let's recap Big Ern.

A DA promoter started this thread saying the big difference between ECNL and GDA is the college attendance numbers [based on registered attendees]. I responded by saying that the posted numbers are not compete, which most people know, and the numbers don't exactly tell the whole story about the shifting landscape - GDA was much stronger than ECNL their first year (in regards to quality and recruiting) before many big clubs left GDA - and you do your best as the forum's self-appointed resident wordsmith to discount my response. I've watched you do this to many people on this forum over the years, and you are very good at it, but my response to the original post is accurate and supported by people in attendance at both national events and by the national college recruiting numbers.

I also suggested that the country was trending towards ECNL (which it was before the Real Colorado and Tophat announcements) which you can clearly observe if you read other forums around the country, like Illinois, Michigan, New England, Florida, New York, Northern California, Oregon and Washington. In these markets, ECNL has become stronger, if not the top league, and GDA weaker. Like it or not, these markets have shifted.

I am not suggesting that ECNL is the top league, it is in some markets and not in others, I am only pointing out that the landscape for the top tier of girl's soccer is rapidly changing and not quite as defined as it was last year or as you and the original poster might suggest; and that GDA has NOT become the top league for college recruiting.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/05/19, 04:11 pm

918soccer wrote:So let's recap Big Ern.

A DA promoter started this thread saying the big difference between ECNL and GDA is the college attendance numbers [based on registered attendees]. I responded by saying that the posted numbers are not compete, which most people know, and the numbers don't exactly tell the whole story about the shifting landscape - GDA was much stronger than ECNL their first year (in regards to quality and recruiting) before many big clubs left GDA - and you do your best as the forum's self-appointed resident wordsmith to discount my response. I've watched you do this to many people on this forum over the years, and you are very good at it, but my response to the original post is accurate and supported by people in attendance at both national events and by the national college recruiting numbers.

I also suggested that the country was trending towards ECNL (which it was before the Real Colorado and Tophat announcements) which you can clearly observe if you read other forums around the country, like Illinois, Michigan, New England, Florida, New York, Northern California, Oregon and Washington. In these markets, ECNL has become stronger, if not the top league, and GDA weaker. Like it or not, these markets have shifted.

I am not suggesting that ECNL is the top league, it is in some markets and not in others, I am only pointing out that the landscape for the top tier of girl's soccer is rapidly changing and not quite as defined as it was last year or as you and the original poster might suggest; and that GDA has NOT become the top league for college recruiting.

If this "Don’t know about GDA but many coaches don’t register for ECNL national events. 03 TSC Averaged more than 50 coaches per game in Florida but only 150ish coaches registered for the entire event," is what you're referring to, of course it's accurate ... However, as I mentioned earlier in this thread as well, the same holds true for GDA events.  I'm not really "doing my best to discount" anything here ... just simply stating the obvious truth.

I think we all know that GDA is stronger in this market and that the ECNL is stronger in that ... I haven't come across any one that would argue that.  But to so staunchly state that "the rest of the country is clearly trending towards ECNL.", is clearly simple to discount ... especially when you consider the USNT statistics (that were so humbly referenced by PLAYER in this thread's 2.0 ... https://www.txsoccer.net/t42730-the-real-difference-between-da-and-ecnl-2-0) --

And if you're really reading the forums in "Illinois, Michigan, New England, Florida, New York, Northern California, Oregon and Washington" (or even know that they exist), I just feel sorry for ya  Neutral

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KicknBalls 20/05/19, 04:37 pm

Big Ern wrote:
918soccer wrote:So let's recap Big Ern.

If this "Don’t know about GDA but many coaches don’t register for ECNL national events. 03 TSC Averaged more than 50 coaches per game in Florida but only 150ish coaches registered for the entire event," is what you're referring to, of course it's accurate ... However, as I mentioned earlier in this thread as well, the same holds true for GDA events.  I'm not really "doing my best to discount" anything here ... just simply stating the obvious truth.

I think we all know that GDA is stronger in this market and that the ECNL is stronger in that ... I haven't come across any one that would argue that.  But to so staunchly state that "the rest of the country is clearly trending towards ECNL.", is clearly simple to discount ... especially when you consider the USNT statistics (that were so humbly referenced by PLAYER in this thread's 2.0 ... https://www.txsoccer.net/t42730-the-real-difference-between-da-and-ecnl-2-0) --

And if you're really reading the forums in "Illinois, Michigan, New England, Florida, New York, Northern California, Oregon and Washington" (or even know that they exist), I just feel sorry for ya  Neutral

918 is a TSC puppet....please forgive him as he drinks the ECNL kool-aid straight from the tit

KicknBalls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 22/05/19, 07:10 pm

Truthiness wrote:
RIP Lil Peep wrote:
Truthiness wrote:We'll have a case study for the appeal of ECNL, DA, and FDL soon with FC Dallas losing their ECNL status at the end of this season.  Are those girls going to stay and play FDL next year, go try and shore up Texans DA, or look to stay in ECNL and catch on with Feet, Solar, or Sting?

Is this just rumor popping up again or is it actual noninternet news?  

I suppose it's both.  Given the league position of the FCD teams and the criteria that was set forth for any club to be able to play in both ECNL and DA, the only path left for FCD to keep both is to have a team win an ECNL national championship this year.   That looks very unlikely to happen. When it doesn't happen, FCD will have to choose between FCD and ECNL, and the assumption is they'll choose the DA.  I suppose there's a small chance they'll choose ECNL (which would likely involve a backroom deal for two ECNL teams in each age group in return for dropping DA), but most people seem to think that's unlikely.

Looks like we will find out soon.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 22/05/19, 11:30 pm

Truthiness wrote:
Truthiness wrote:
RIP Lil Peep wrote:
Truthiness wrote:We'll have a case study for the appeal of ECNL, DA, and FDL soon with FC Dallas losing their ECNL status at the end of this season.  Are those girls going to stay and play FDL next year, go try and shore up Texans DA, or look to stay in ECNL and catch on with Feet, Solar, or Sting?

Is this just rumor popping up again or is it actual noninternet news?  

I suppose it's both.  Given the league position of the FCD teams and the criteria that was set forth for any club to be able to play in both ECNL and DA, the only path left for FCD to keep both is to have a team win an ECNL national championship this year.   That looks very unlikely to happen. When it doesn't happen, FCD will have to choose between FCD and ECNL, and the assumption is they'll choose the DA.  I suppose there's a small chance they'll choose ECNL (which would likely involve a backroom deal for two ECNL teams in each age group in return for dropping DA), but most people seem to think that's unlikely.

Looks like we will find out soon.

Soon ... or yesterday.  Either way, it's doneski.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3