North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

SuperCopa  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

SuperCopa

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SuperCopa  - Page 3 Empty Re: SuperCopa

Post by WinTheChipzRdown 15/06/19, 10:54 pm

Sometimes a team comes together and add the right coach and next thing you know you have Phil Jackson and the ‘96 Chicago Bulls

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProphAC 15/06/19, 11:56 pm

Yellowcard5, I agree with everything you said except for your comment about a dominating 1-0 win against Angelone. We frustrated Voutier’s style of play and the only goal came off a beautiful shot from a designed set piece corner kick play with 5 minutes left in the game. NTX teams don’t get to play Voutier often because they play boys all the time and the only way they will lose to an ‘09 girls team is if they play ‘09 girls to give us a chance. Eventually teams are going to close the gap and once talent consolidation occurs, possibly pass them.

In my opinion, a dominating performance would have looked a lot different. Our goalie was seriously tested only a few times and most of the play was battled out in the middle of the field. Don’t get me wrong, Voutier is the better team and I am the first to defend them as one of the best teams in the country but Angelone definitely gave Voutier all they could handle on Friday.
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 16/06/19, 12:12 am

That’s good to hear, Proph. Wish I could have seen that one. And, not trying to rile anything up, but what happened with Samba this weekend? Didn’t seem to have their typical form based on the results. Missing players? Lost some players? Just curious since I didn’t catch a glimpse of their games.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProphAC 16/06/19, 12:19 am

I think they just had an off weekend. I think their sideline was just as confused about the results as the rest of us. It happens.
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerv1973 16/06/19, 12:46 am

They had a bad weekend, nothing more, nothing less. They will represent us at Surf Cup, let’s cheer them on and take some games from those Cali teams.

Cerv1973
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mpereztx10 16/06/19, 08:10 am

Thanks for all the encouraging words, we definitely couldn't get it together and it was one of those weekends. Every team is good and cant let your guard down for a second. Any team, can be any team at any given time. All we can do now is focus on Surf Cup and represent NTX. GOOD LUCK AT SUPERCOPA!!

Mpereztx10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 16/06/19, 09:06 am

Mpereztx10 wrote:Thanks for all the encouraging words,  we definitely couldn't get it together and it was one of those weekends. Every team is good and cant let your guard down for a second.  Any team, can beat any team at any given time.  All we can do now is focus on Surf Cup and represent NTX.  GOOD LUCK AT SUPERCOPA!!

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 16/06/19, 09:17 am

[quote="ProphAC"]Yellowcard5, I agree with everything you said except for your comment about a dominating 1-0 win against Angelone.  We frustrated Voutier’s style of play and the only goal came off a beautiful shot from a designed set piece corner kick play with 5 minutes left in the game.  NTX teams don’t get to play Voutier often because they play boys all the time and the only way they will lose to an ‘09 girls team is if they play ‘09 girls to give us a chance.  Eventually teams are going to close the gap and once talent consolidation occurs, possibly pass them.  

In my opinion, a dominating performance would have looked a lot different.  Our goalie was seriously tested only a few times and most of the play was battled out in the middle of the field.  Don’t get me wrong, Voutier is the better team and I am the first to defend them as one of the best teams in the country but Angelone definitely gave Voutier all they could handle on Friday.  [/quote]

Not being argumentative, but this is exactly my point.

Our other good teams in NTX are more worried about disrupting their style of play than they are trying to imitate their style of play. In a way, I guess you are right because I didn’t see a ton of clear cut chances for them, but Solar had very little of the ball and was probably out passed 10/1. In the time I watched D’Feeter GK didn’t touch the ball.

I am concerned that they other teams in NTX that can compete with this team will
continue to try and make the game ugly with punt after punt, long goal kick after long goal kick. I really don’t have an issue with that in a tournament where you are trying to win one game. My hope is during a league season the approach would be different.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WinTheChipzRdown 16/06/19, 09:20 am

yellowcard5 wrote:
ProphAC wrote:Yellowcard5, I agree with everything you said except for your comment about a dominating 1-0 win against Angelone.  We frustrated Voutier’s style of play and the only goal came off a beautiful shot from a designed set piece corner kick play with 5 minutes left in the game.  NTX teams don’t get to play Voutier often because they play boys all the time and the only way they will lose to an ‘09 girls team is if they play ‘09 girls to give us a chance.  Eventually teams are going to close the gap and once talent consolidation occurs, possibly pass them.  

In my opinion, a dominating performance would have looked a lot different.  Our goalie was seriously tested only a few times and most of the play was battled out in the middle of the field.  Don’t get me wrong, Voutier is the better team and I am the first to defend them as one of the best teams in the country but Angelone definitely gave Voutier all they could handle on Friday.  

Not being argumentative, but this is exactly my point.

Our other good teams in NTX are more worried about disrupting their style of play than they are trying to imitate their style of play.  In a way, I guess you are right because I didn’t see a ton of clear cut chances for them, but Solar had very little of the ball and was probably out passed 10/1.  In the time I watched D’Feeter GK didn’t touch the ball.

I am concerned that they other teams in NTX that can compete with this team will
continue to try and make the game ugly with punt after punt, long goal kick after long goal kick.  I really don’t have an issue with that in a tournament where you are trying to win one game.  My hope is during a league season the approach would be different.

Nothing wrong with hoping for creative soccer!

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mpereztx10 16/06/19, 09:31 am

There aren't many teams at this age that play beautiful soccer. Voutier will most likely pass the ball 10 times before you touch it once. Its beautiful soccer. Trying to keep your team to pressure them the whole game is really overwhelming.

Mpereztx10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Allday09 16/06/19, 09:36 am

yellowcard... I don't see how a team could "steal" a win as you put it. Teams earn their wins. It's interesting to me that as soon as voutierre has some tight games this weekend, you try to act like these teams in some way cheated the system. It's smart play for teams to come up with a game plan that will match up well against their opponent. And I see that as an important part of developing players into being intelligent on the field. Teams making adjustments that make these games more competitive does not take away from the obvious talent of the voutierre team... I'm still expecting them to take the championship today. But clearly the competition has been strong this weekend, even for them.

Allday09
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 16/06/19, 09:44 am

[quote="Allday09"]yellowcard... I don't see how a team could "steal" a win as you put it. Teams earn their wins. It's interesting to me that as soon as voutierre has some tight games this weekend, you try to act like these teams in some way cheated the system. It's smart play for teams to come up with a game plan that will match up well against their opponent. And I see that as an important part of developing players into being intelligent on the field. Teams making adjustments that make these games more competitive does not take away from the obvious talent of the voutierre team... I'm still expecting them to take the championship today. But clearly the competition has been strong this weekend, even for them. [/quote]

I don’t disagree. I’m pulling for someone/anyone to pull off a win against them.

That’s not my point though. My point is, if they lose, it won’t be because a team is better than them. Any win is earned, how it is earned is a completely different story.

We use a specific strategy every time we play them. If/when we ever beat them, it doesn’t change the fact that it won’t be because we outplayed them soccer wise.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Allday09 16/06/19, 10:41 am

I completely agree with you on that, yellow card. It's definitely possible for a team to pull out a win and that does not necessarily make them the "better team." But I still recognize that they are giving them good competition. These NTx teams have a lot of depth. Dksc bones has been showing strong. And this solar south/voutierre game will be fun to follow. They generally have pretty tight games.

Allday09
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WinTheChipzRdown 16/06/19, 10:43 am

Strong wind and a bad bounce complimented with a packed box can secure a win for a lesser opponent. It’s NTX baby.

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 16/06/19, 11:12 am

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by USWNT_or_BUST 16/06/19, 05:33 pm

Voutier was up 3-0 didnt even make the half though so there was still a lot of game to play. Doubt the game gets finished in this weather. Good strong showing for north Texas soccer.

USWNT_or_BUST
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nTxsoccRfan 16/06/19, 05:48 pm

Good job NTX!!! Now, spoil your DD’s because they deserve it.
nTxsoccRfan
nTxsoccRfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProphAC 16/06/19, 06:40 pm

It doesn’t hurt development to play different strategies for different opponents, it helps it. Angelone’s game plan was not stack the box and play boot ball. If anyone thought that, I’m not going to say more but that wasn’t it and the plan was more advanced than that. It was fascinating to watch 10 year old girls get a completely different game plan than they normally play due to the opponent they were playing and then execute it. These are just kids and they are developing their soccer IQ, which is fun to see.

Great weekend of soccer and NTX represented well!
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melashbrew 16/06/19, 08:32 pm

Anyone knows what happens now with the Rush/Solar South game or any other game that didn’t get finished for that matter?

melashbrew
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 16/06/19, 08:57 pm

melashbrew wrote:Anyone knows what happens now with the Rush/Solar South game or any other game that didn’t get finished for that matter?

I assume co-champs.
Rules say any game that reached half is official. Any that did and weren't tied will have a champ. Otherwise, I assume co-champs for any games that didn't make halftime.
Hope everybody made it home safe. Weather turned crazy in a hurry.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nTxsoccRfan 16/06/19, 10:03 pm

How many minutes of the first half did they play? That’d be cool if both NTX teams are co-champs.
nTxsoccRfan
nTxsoccRfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahoe08SoccerMom 16/06/19, 10:15 pm

Yep I saw the SuperCopa participation trophy’s.

Tahoe08SoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Apodaca64 16/06/19, 10:49 pm

They played 22 minutes of first half and Defeeters were already up 3-0, Defeeters should clearly be declared the Champions IMO. I would see being co-champs if the score was 0-0. They WON every game and only let 3 goals in all weekend. That's just impressive with all the competition that was playing in tournament. Just my thoughts on situation

Apodaca64
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerMinion 16/06/19, 11:51 pm

Watched the game today . This was not even close to being contest and everyone present must have the same sense - regardless of affiliation. I guess if the powers that be deem a split champion to be the best path forward, they are doing sportsmanship a sizable disservice. Not sure how I’d feel accepting the co-championship on behalf of a side that is usually outstanding and formidable, but was not going to win on the field today.

SoccerMinion
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerMinion 16/06/19, 11:52 pm

Watched the game today . This was not even close to being contest and everyone present must have the same sense - regardless of affiliation. I guess if the powers that be deem a split champion to be the best path forward, they are doing sportsmanship a sizable disservice. Not sure how I’d feel accepting the co-championship on behalf of a side that is usually outstanding and formidable, but was not going to win on the field today.

SoccerMinion
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nTxsoccRfan 17/06/19, 12:00 am

22 minutes played and already winning 3-0? I’d be surprised then if SuperCopa names both teams co-champs.
nTxsoccRfan
nTxsoccRfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next