North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

High School and DA Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

High School and DA

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

High School and DA Empty High School and DA

Post by brazos 19/10/19, 11:13 am

What is the rule around playing High School and being on full-time rostered DA player? Completely not allowed or just frowned upon or kids just not being truthful with their DA clubs?

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

High School and DA Empty Re: High School and DA

Post by Zizou 19/10/19, 06:01 pm

Completely not allowed, but if you are comfortable with you’re position on the team you could come off the roster during high school and then re-roster. You’re DD better be really good and not play for FCD

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 19/10/19, 09:31 pm

How about practicing with the HS school daily but not playing matches? I don't know why kids would do that but it is occuring. High School has no rule against DA players participating just the other way around. It is a slippery slope.

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 19/10/19, 11:37 pm

brazos wrote:How about practicing with the HS school daily but not playing matches?  I don't know why kids would do that but it is occuring.  High School has no rule against DA players participating just the other way around.   It is a slippery slope.

Well then, grab an old cardbox box and take your DD for a ride. Just remember to get a good cell phone video of the other DA kids at HS practice so that you can take them down as well if your DD gets booted from her DA squad. Rolling Eyes
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 21/10/19, 12:09 am

brazos wrote:How about practicing with the HS school daily but not playing matches?  I don't know why kids would do that but it is occuring.  High School has no rule against DA players participating just the other way around.   It is a slippery slope.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 21/10/19, 07:43 am

Dumb for sure but is occuring every day in North Texas

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RIP Lil Peep 22/10/19, 06:34 pm

Are you sure its not players from the DPL stepsister "oh, are you still here?" league.

RIP Lil Peep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 23/10/19, 10:31 am

The fact is there isnt an actual written rule that stipulates no HS soccer for girls that play DA, except for FCD. However if you do, poster is right, you might lose your roster spot or starting position. That said I know FCD allows players to play other sports like basketball. I have heard clarification from different coaches, 10 different ways. I honestly think nobody truly knows what the rules are for this. Annoying really.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 23/10/19, 11:23 am

Unless this is a private school we're talking about, there aren't any official soccer practices going on yet, as UIL soccer season doesn't start until after Thanksgiving.

If these "practices" are happening within regular school hours, then they are an "athletics" class, which is technically nothing more than a PE class that just happens to do soccer every class period. If the coach is fine with letting the DA kids participate in the "class", I don't see where there is any violation of either UIL, or DA rules. DA can't prevent players from taking a PE class.
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/10/19, 10:39 pm

Unfortunately, both Zou and KC have been misinformed here ^ ...

There is indeed a written rule that stipulates absolutely no HS soccer competition is permitted for rostered DA players.  This now even reaches down to MS soccer with the latest revision for 2019-20.  In fact, those kids aren't allowed to even train with the DA.

Further, any DA rostered kid thinking they can be released from the roster then re enter after the HS season are mistaken as well.  I know of some that though this was the case last year and were nabbed.  If you know my kid's sitch, you know we wish this wasn't the case  Neutral

See below ...

F. Player Participation in Outside Competitions

1. Academy Players must meet all attendance and participation requirements under the Development Academy Requirements and for the individual club requirements as well, for training and games for their DA team during the Academy Season. Failure to meet those requirements should result in removal from the DA team.
2. DA Clubs may not permit any full-time Academy Player to participate on a non-DA team during the Academy Season. The only permissible soccer related reasons to miss Development Academy activities is National Team duty and YNT Identification Center participation.

3. DA Clubs will be held accountable for the actions of their players.

4. Academy Players currently registered with a DA Club have committed to forgo participating in both the Academy and high school or middle school soccer.

a) Players who participate in high/middle school soccer are ineligible to participate in Academy practice and competition during that same season.

b) Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to remain on their club’s Academy roster during the high school soccer season (waivers are not available for middle school). This waiver must be received by the DA office before September 9, 2019, to be considered for the roster exemption. The waiver eligibility guidelines are as follows:

(1) Players who receive consideration or financial aid to attend a private high school based on their participation with the soccer team are eligible

(2) Although clubs are not limited to a specific number of waivers, the number is naturally self-limiting to field a full team throughout the Academy season.

(3) Full-time players registered with a DA Club will not be allowed to re-enter the program during the same season after participating in the high school season with their current or a different DA Club.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 23/10/19, 10:52 pm

Big Ern wrote:Unfortunately, both Zou and KC have been misinformed here ^ ...

There is indeed a written rule that stipulates absolutely no HS soccer competition is permitted for rostered DA players.  This now even reaches down to MS soccer with the latest revision for 2019-20.  In fact, those kids aren't allowed to even train with the DA.

Further, any DA rostered kid thinking they can be released from the roster then re enter after the HS season are mistaken as well.  I know of some that though this was the case last year and were nabbed.  If you know my kid's sitch, you know we wish this wasn't the case  Neutral

See below ...

1. Academy Players must meet all attendance and participation requirements under the Development Academy Requirements and for the individual club requirements as well, for training and games for their DA team during the Academy Season. Failure to meet those requirements should result in removal from the DA team.
2. DA Clubs may not permit any full-time Academy Player to participate on a non-DA team during the Academy Season. The only permissible soccer related reasons to miss Development Academy activities is National Team duty and YNT Identification Center participation.

4. Academy Players currently registered with a DA Club have committed to forgo participating in both the Academy and high school or middle school soccer.

a) Players who participate in high/middle school soccer are ineligible to participate in Academy practice and competition during that same season.

b) Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to remain on their club’s Academy roster during the high school soccer season (waivers are not available for middle school). This waiver must be received by the DA office before September 9, 2019, to be considered for the roster exemption. The waiver eligibility guidelines are as follows:

(1) Players who receive consideration or financial aid to attend a private high school based on their participation with the soccer team are eligible

(2) Although clubs are not limited to a specific number of waivers, the number is naturally self-limiting to field a full team throughout the Academy season.

(3) Full-time players registered with a DA Club will not be allowed to re-enter the program during the same season after participating in the high school season with their current or a different DA Club.
Please highlight the paragraph where it states you can not play basketball. You only can not play HS and MS soccer.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/10/19, 11:24 pm

Ummm ... scratch  ... basketball?  Dude.  KC.  C'mon now  bounce   

You flat out just today wrote the following ... "The fact is there isnt an actual written rule that stipulates no HS soccer for girls that play DA, except for FCD" ... in which your were clearly misinformed ... as I mentioned.  This isn't a tough one.  

Quite the contrary isn't it?  The rules are actually as clear as can be ... which, as I mentioned, is unfortunate.

Guessing one too many Schaefers this evening?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/10/19, 06:39 am

Big Ern wrote:Ummm ... scratch  ... basketball?  Dude.  KC.  C'mon now  bounce   

You flat out just today wrote the following ... "The fact is there isnt an actual written rule that stipulates no HS soccer for girls that play DA, except for FCD" ... in which your were clearly misinformed ... as I mentioned.  This isn't a tough one.  

Quite the contrary isn't it?  The rules are actually as clear as can be ... which, as I mentioned, is unfortunate.

Dude. I know. Calm down. Get some water. Take your meds. Breath. You said I was misinformed. I said what about basketball? You know I wrote that DA players were playing basketball too.
Instead of running around the house pulling your hair out screaming read what you wrote, you should have written back. Well the rules only pertain to soccer but other sports, in fact probably any sport, is fine. With the written caveats.
By the way when are they supposed to split the DA and have 2 divisions?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 24/10/19, 07:49 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Ummm ... scratch  ... basketball?  Dude.  KC.  C'mon now  bounce   

Dude. I know. Calm down. Get some water. Take your meds. Breath. You said I was misinformed. I said what about basketball?  You know I wrote that DA players were playing basketball too.
Instead of running around the house pulling your hair out screaming read what you wrote, you should have written back. Well the rules only pertain to soccer but other sports, in fact probably any sport, is fine. With the written caveats.
By the way when are they supposed to split the DA and have 2 divisions?

Laughing  ... and here I thought you knew me KC.  

I know nothing of any "split" of the DA.  But if you're referring to this year's DA Cup, there are already two divisions ... the Red (top level where all automatically advance to the Winter Cup so are playing in Fall for seeding) and Blue (the lower/'wildcard' level where only the division winners advance).  

Have a nice day Smile

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 24/10/19, 08:52 am

See below ...

So who enforces?  I know several kids violating this in a non-discreet, VERY public manner.  Clubs(FCD and Solar) know and dont seem to care. I believe in snitches get stitches, so wont be me blowing the whistle, but honestly, I dont think anyone cares enough to enforce.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Leeds Fan 24/10/19, 08:54 am

This says "full time" , can a player be registered part time and play HS soccer?. I remember hearing about two different DA contracts, 10 month and 12 month I think, with the 10 month allowing up to 12 games. Anyone else heard of this?

Leeds Fan
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 24/10/19, 01:25 pm

StuckIn wrote:(3) Full-time players registered with a DA Club will not be allowed to re-enter the program during the same season after participating in the high school season with their current or a different DA Club.

This says "full time" , can a player be registered part time and play HS soccer?. I remember hearing about two different DA contracts, 10 month and 12 month I think, with the 10 month allowing up to 12 games. Anyone else heard of this?

I think you answered your own question here Stuck.  All I can attest to regarding this ^ is that ...

Yes, PT designated players can be rostered in up to 12 regular season DA matches, and

MG at FCD won't allow HS participation regardless of PT designation.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 24/10/19, 01:32 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:

See below ...

So who enforces?  I know several kids violating this in a non-discreet, VERY public manner.  Clubs(FCD and Solar) know and dont seem to care. I believe in snitches get stitches, so wont be me blowing the whistle, but honestly, I dont think anyone cares enough to enforce.

USSDA enforces but doesn't actively 'police' those incidences.  Can't speak for Solar as much, but I can tell you that FCD does indeed "care".  Sure, there are plenty of DA kids that enrolled in soccer at their respective HS that serve as managers, assistants, whatevs, but they aren't participating in the matches, nor are they rostered as players.  If they are/do, I can certainly assure you that there are many that "care" ... too many kids that have chosen to sacrifice HS ball to play in the DA.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 24/10/19, 01:53 pm

Monkey see monkey do

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 26/10/19, 09:17 pm

I heard bige’s dd has to dribble a soccer ball to classes and can only socialize with other soccer players when she’s not doing drills.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 02/01/20, 12:41 pm

Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

See below ...

USSDA enforces but doesn't actively 'police' those incidences.  Can't speak for Solar as much, but I can tell you that FCD does indeed "care".  Sure, there are plenty of DA kids that enrolled in soccer at their respective HS that serve as managers, assistants, whatevs, but they aren't participating in the matches, nor are they rostered as players.  If they are/do, I can certainly assure you that there are many that "care" ... too many kids that have chosen to sacrifice HS ball to play in the DA.

Now that the HS season has started up I am revisiting this thread. There are kids that appeared on the DA #1 team at clubs in the Fall that having been practicing (during athletics) and after school once the season kicked off. They are now rostered and playing in matches. It is great for them but for those that are following the rules you stated above then it sucks for them. Sure a coach can refuse to play them in a DA match but otherwise there is nothing they can do to prevent it from occuring. You think a HS Coach cares? We know that the answer to that question as there are no UIL rules against a DA player participating.

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 02/01/20, 04:32 pm

brazos wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

See below ...

Now that the HS season has started up I am revisiting this thread.  There are kids that appeared on the DA #1 team at clubs in the Fall that having been practicing (during athletics) and after school once the season kicked off.  They are now rostered and playing in matches.  It is great for them but for those that are following the rules you stated above then it sucks for them.  Sure a coach can refuse to play them in a DA match but otherwise there is nothing they can do to prevent it from occuring.  You think a HS Coach cares?   We know that the answer to that question as there are no UIL rules against a DA player participating.

If it bothers you that much, get the visual evidence and turn the offending player into her DA coach (although you might want to make sure the player hasn't been granted an LOA from DA first). If the coach does nothing about it, take your evidence to the DOC. If the DOC does nothing about it, take your evidence to USSF. If USSF does nothing about it, then I guess your DD gets to play both DA and HS next year. cheers
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 02/01/20, 04:40 pm

brazos wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

See below ...

Now that the HS season has started up I am revisiting this thread.  There are kids that appeared on the DA #1 team at clubs in the Fall that having been practicing (during athletics) and after school once the season kicked off.  They are now rostered and playing in matches.  It is great for them but for those that are following the rules you stated above then it sucks for them.  Sure a coach can refuse to play them in a DA match but otherwise there is nothing they can do to prevent it from occuring.  You think a HS Coach cares?   We know that the answer to that question as there are no UIL rules against a DA player participating.

Why would you care what another player does?

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 02/01/20, 04:49 pm

[quote="brazos"][quote="Big Ern"][quote="NoSpinZone"][quote="Big Ern"]Unfortunately, both Zou and KC have been misinformed here ^ ...

See [i]below[/i] ...

[i]F. Player Participation in Outside Competitions

2. [b]DA Clubs may not permit any full-time Academy Player to participate on a non-DA team during the Academy Season.[/b] The only permissible soccer related reasons to miss Development Academy activities is National Team duty and YNT Identification Center participation.

[/i][/quote]

So who enforces?  I know several kids violating this in a non-discreet, VERY public manner.  Clubs(FCD and Solar) know and dont seem to care. I believe in snitches get stitches, so wont be me blowing the whistle, but honestly, I dont think anyone cares enough to enforce.[/quote]

USSDA enforces but doesn't actively 'police' those incidences.  Can't speak for Solar as much, but I can tell you that FCD does indeed "care".  Sure, there are plenty of DA kids that enrolled in soccer at their respective HS that serve as managers, assistants, whatevs, but they aren't participating in the matches, nor are they rostered as players.  If they are/do, I can certainly assure you that there are many that "care" ... too many kids that have chosen to sacrifice HS ball to play in the DA.[/quote]

Now that the HS season has started up I am revisiting this thread.  There are kids that appeared on the DA #1 team at clubs in the Fall that having been practicing (during athletics) and after school once the season kicked off.  They are now rostered and playing in matches.  It is great for them but for those that are following the rules you stated above then it sucks for them.  Sure a coach can refuse to play them in a DA match but otherwise there is nothing they can do to prevent it from occuring.  You think a HS Coach cares?   We know that the answer to that question as there are no UIL rules against a DA player participating.[/quote]

Send an email to US soccer and copy the club team the player plays for and that would probably take care of it.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 02/01/20, 07:42 pm

No way, more power to the kids!

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down