Latest topics
SuperCopa Today at 06:15 pmsmugrr
Dallas Texans 11G West Diaz (Play for Free)Today at 05:47 pmDallas Texans West
Dallas Texans 06G FDL Red - LHGCL D1 / FDL Today at 05:38 pmDallas Texans West
Dallas Texans 05G FDL (College Exposure)Today at 05:35 pmDallas Texans West
How much is too much celebrating?Today at 04:49 pmBesserwisser
Supercopa 07 showingToday at 04:45 pmCATX
WILL IT BE YOU!!Today at 02:50 pmBesserwisser
Titans FC 04 NPL / Classic D3 Tryout and Open SessionsToday at 01:09 pmJasonWhisenant
Solar 04B - AllenToday at 12:43 pmntxsoccerchat
07B looking for a TeamToday at 12:29 pmSoccerislife17
D'Feeters 05G Black Open SessionsToday at 07:35 amDAM FLY SOCCER
Team to Scrimmage - Thursday Flower Mound/Lewisville AreaToday at 07:34 amtxspiritnorth09G
07 Keeper Looking for Team in Richardson/Plano areaToday at 05:23 amsbarton12
FC Dallas 07G - Open Practices - Frisco - LHGCL D2 ByeYesterday at 07:23 pmt5555
Looking for Keeper for Solar 08B TeamYesterday at 03:41 pmHoldingMid
GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANYYesterday at 03:34 pmmusaisaya
AYSES SC - DEVELOPMENT IS GOAL : WINNING IS RESULTYesterday at 03:32 pmmusaisaya
Chelsea East Blue 04B looking for 2-3 playersYesterday at 03:26 pmChelsea East
Fort Worth Thunder 08/09 teamYesterday at 03:14 pmjgarcia303030
Fort Worth Thunder - Not D1 Classic - Not DA - TryoutsYesterday at 03:14 pmjgarcia303030
D’feeters ‘06 Girls ECRL/NPL/LHGCL D1 Open SessionsYesterday at 03:06 pmfooty magic
Velocity Elite FC looking to add a few playersYesterday at 02:58 pmHappyDays
Solar 03B/04B Pappas - Adding Players in GrapevineYesterday at 02:57 pmHappyDays
Solar 03B Pappas - Adding Players in GrapevineYesterday at 02:55 pmHappyDays
Solar 02B Pappas in Grapevine (Classic League Bye)Yesterday at 02:54 pmHappyDays
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Pixel
Statistics
We have 13431 registered users
The newest registered user is leen3391

Our users have posted a total of 190845 messages in 26335 subjects

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by 02Dad on 20/01/12, 04:12 pm

Updated to include games from:

2011 Hurst Turkey Shoot
TFC Blue Cup
ASA College Showcase
PTCL League Games

Also - I have removed all game results from last June and July.

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... A10
Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... B10

02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 488
Points : 3997
Join date : 2010-03-07
Location : San Diego

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by EyesWideOpen on 20/01/12, 05:10 pm

Thx 02dad! And welcome back. Haven't seen you in awhile.
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 352
Points : 3427
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by imasoccerfreak on 20/01/12, 09:20 pm

With all the player shifting that seems to be going on right now, it will be very interesting to see how this changes over the season.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 159
Points : 3029
Join date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by Guest on 23/01/12, 08:34 am

Almost certain it will change Suspect

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by 02SuburbanSoccerDad on 23/01/12, 10:45 am

Thanks for all the work 02Dad as always...some observations (really just opinions) knowing that all of this will change greatly as we complete the spring kickoff tourneys and get into spring...

**Really most interested in seeing 'who moves where' first and foremost..and will those changes be permanent or just lead to more movement before July

**Despite the coaching/player changes at DT..still think there is a top tier of Higgy, Grubb, Webb, DT South & DT-'Bennett' holdovers...everyone else is simply below them in overall performance

**Rangel & FCD Renfro are too high. Know that Rangel has lost some players and has been in hiding for awhile, I think they are probably in the 9-10 range. And FCD Renfro, while had a surprising win at Blue Cup just hasn't really beat many of the top 12 over time. Also seems like they had a rough weekend this weekend at Winter Classic.

**Lot of talk from the Polaris camp about how they are going to be a top team...time will tell

**Always think that Fever RED is underrated. I think they are the 'next team' below that top 5 tier

**Great win for Solar GIO over the weekend. No matter how they got in the final 4...they won the tourney. Should see a nice jump in the standings from them.

My personal top 10
1. Rowdies
2. FCD Premier
3. SRSA Webb
4. DT South
5. DT Bennett/Moreno
6. Fever Red
7. Solar Dynamo
8. D'Feeters
9. Liverpool Rangel
10. Waco Lady Blast



02SuburbanSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 84
Points : 3422
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by EyesWideOpen on 23/01/12, 10:53 am

02SuburbanSoccerDad wrote:Thanks for all the work 02Dad as always...some observations (really just opinions) knowing that all of this will change greatly as we complete the spring kickoff tourneys and get into spring...

**Really most interested in seeing 'who moves where' first and foremost..and will those changes be permanent or just lead to more movement before July

**Despite the coaching/player changes at DT..still think there is a top tier of Higgy, Grubb, Webb, DT South & DT-'Bennett' holdovers...everyone else is simply below them in overall performance

**Rangel & FCD Renfro are too high. Know that Rangel has lost some players and has been in hiding for awhile, I think they are probably in the 9-10 range. And FCD Renfro, while had a surprising win at Blue Cup just hasn't really beat many of the top 12 over time. Also seems like they had a rough weekend this weekend at Winter Classic.

**Lot of talk from the Polaris camp about how they are going to be a top team...time will tell

**Always think that Fever RED is underrated. I think they are the 'next team' below that top 5 tier

**Great win for Solar GIO over the weekend. No matter how they got in the final 4...they won the tourney. Should see a nice jump in the standings from them.

My personal top 10
1. Rowdies
2. FCD Premier
3. SRSA Webb
4. DT South
5. DT Bennett/Moreno
6. Fever Red
7. Solar Dynamo
8. D'Feeters
9. Liverpool Rangel
10. Waco Lady Blast



I am new to this academy to select thing, so it will be very interesting. I wonder if there will be a chain reaction of tema/player movement once teams start rounding out their roster.

I am wondering why you dropped Rangel for possibly losing players, but you didn't drop Bennet/Moreno for losing players?
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 352
Points : 3427
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by soccerman75 on 23/01/12, 11:08 am

My personal top 10
1. Rowdies
2. FCD Premier
3. SRSA Webb
4. DT South
5. DT Bennett/Moreno
6. Fever Red
7. Solar Dynamo
8. Dfeeters
9. Liverpool Rangel
10. Polaris

Agree on Fever Red at number 6, 7-10 at this point is a horse race that will play out over the coming weeks through tourney play, TGPL, etc.


soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 2947
Join date : 2011-11-23
Age : 44
Location : dallas

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by RoidRage on 23/01/12, 11:28 am

EyesWideOpen wrote:
02SuburbanSoccerDad wrote:Thanks for all the work 02Dad as always...some observations (really just opinions) knowing that all of this will change greatly as we complete the spring kickoff tourneys and get into spring...

**Really most interested in seeing 'who moves where' first and foremost..and will those changes be permanent or just lead to more movement before July

**Despite the coaching/player changes at DT..still think there is a top tier of Higgy, Grubb, Webb, DT South & DT-'Bennett' holdovers...everyone else is simply below them in overall performance

**Rangel & FCD Renfro are too high. Know that Rangel has lost some players and has been in hiding for awhile, I think they are probably in the 9-10 range. And FCD Renfro, while had a surprising win at Blue Cup just hasn't really beat many of the top 12 over time. Also seems like they had a rough weekend this weekend at Winter Classic.

**Lot of talk from the Polaris camp about how they are going to be a top team...time will tell

**Always think that Fever RED is underrated. I think they are the 'next team' below that top 5 tier

**Great win for Solar GIO over the weekend. No matter how they got in the final 4...they won the tourney. Should see a nice jump in the standings from them.

My personal top 10
1. Rowdies
2. FCD Premier
3. SRSA Webb
4. DT South
5. DT Bennett/Moreno
6. Fever Red
7. Solar Dynamo
8. D'Feeters
9. Liverpool Rangel
10. Waco Lady Blast



I am new to this academy to select thing, so it will be very interesting. I wonder if there will be a chain reaction of tema/player movement once teams start rounding out their roster.

I am wondering why you dropped Rangel for possibly losing players, but you didn't drop Bennet/Moreno for losing players?

I can tell you why! DT Bennett/Moreno is rebuilding right now and have about a core of 6-8 solid players left over from the old team. And until they rebuild with their own players they will more than likely have DT Higg players helping out. So with the Higg players supplementing the solid leftovers they should still do very well and not drop in the rankings....heck they might even knock off a couple of big dogs! I'm not sure that LP-Rangel has access to players like that from inside the club to help out until his roster straightens itself out. Is this fair??? It can be debated...but the Texans are trying to save and keep these players and this is what they will more than likely do! The top 4 probably aren't going any where in rankings with Dynamo, Fever Red and Moreno rounding up the next tier. And Sting-Searls, Defeeters, Polaris, and Solar East in the next tier. But, as for DT Moreno....don't under estimate them...they might even be better than they were before if they use the Higg players! Just my observation. I will come out with new rankings after the preseason tournies are done.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 324
Points : 3575
Join date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by EyesWideOpen on 23/01/12, 12:38 pm

Roid, I get your point. So why would Moreno sign up for the silver bracket in the upcoming tournament?
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 352
Points : 3427
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by RoidRage on 23/01/12, 12:41 pm

EyesWideOpen wrote:Roid, I get your point. So why would Moreno sign up for the silver bracket in the upcoming tournament?

I'm not sure....No inside info on that!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 324
Points : 3575
Join date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by Guest on 23/01/12, 12:45 pm

EyesWideOpen wrote:Roid, I get your point. So why would Moreno sign up for the silver bracket in the upcoming tournament?

Do you know that they requested silver, or are you assuming? Do teams always have control over that? Not a rhetorical question...I am genuinely asking?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by Guest on 23/01/12, 12:50 pm

No one seems to know if they (D.T. Moreno) signed up for Silver or where just placed there. I think a few other teams could be questionable for being placed in Silver as well. Talk is cheap now, we will find out in a few days. Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by EyesWideOpen on 23/01/12, 12:54 pm

soccernovice40 wrote:
EyesWideOpen wrote:Roid, I get your point. So why would Moreno sign up for the silver bracket in the upcoming tournament?

Do you know that they requested silver, or are you assuming? Do teams always have control over that? Not a rhetorical question...I am genuinely asking?

Soccer novice, I was assuming. Perhaps it is an FC Dallas tournament so they placed Renfro in gold above Moreno?
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 352
Points : 3427
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by Guest on 23/01/12, 01:14 pm

EyesWideOpen wrote:
soccernovice40 wrote:
EyesWideOpen wrote:Roid, I get your point. So why would Moreno sign up for the silver bracket in the upcoming tournament?

Do you know that they requested silver, or are you assuming? Do teams always have control over that? Not a rhetorical question...I am genuinely asking?

Soccer novice, I was assuming. Perhaps it is an FC Dallas tournament so they placed Renfro in gold above Moreno?

Moreno was originally in Bronze, so I'm assuming they requested to be removed. just assuming, dont know true story.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by Guest on 23/01/12, 01:30 pm

Polardad02 wrote:
EyesWideOpen wrote:
soccernovice40 wrote:
EyesWideOpen wrote:Roid, I get your point. So why would Moreno sign up for the silver bracket in the upcoming tournament?

Do you know that they requested silver, or are you assuming? Do teams always have control over that? Not a rhetorical question...I am genuinely asking?

Soccer novice, I was assuming. Perhaps it is an FC Dallas tournament so they placed Renfro in gold above Moreno?

Moreno was originally in Bronze, so I'm assuming they requested to be removed. just assuming, dont know true story.

Seriously...maybe the new name was the issue and they were put in the wrong place. Who knows??? So many teams in NTX!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by gold digger on 24/01/12, 06:36 am

1. DT Higg
2. FCD Grubb
3. Solar Webb
4. DT South
5. DT Moreno
6. Solar Dynamo
7. Fever
8. Sting
9. Feet
10. Liverpool Rangel
11. FCD Renfro
12. Polaris

gold digger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 116
Points : 2990
Join date : 2011-08-14

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by imasoccerfreak on 24/01/12, 12:27 pm

I totally agree with suburbansoccerdad and gold digger. Renfro is just a tad too high, and drop Waco Lady Blast to 15- A team that tends to hide in junk tournaments rather than challenging themselves in decent ones doesn't belong in the top 12. I'm sure I'll take some heat for that, but it's ridiculous who they play in tournaments.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 159
Points : 3029
Join date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by Soccerdad02 on 24/01/12, 04:51 pm

EyesWideOpen wrote:Roid, I get your point. So why would Moreno sign up for the silver bracket in the upcoming tournament?

My understanding is that the team wanted to play in the gold bracket However, I am sure they are very greatful being pulled out of the bronze braket and into the silver bracket. Maybe if someone wanted to switch with them they could contact the coach or manager.

Soccerdad02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2773
Join date : 2011-11-26

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by javajake on 24/01/12, 05:02 pm

Soccerdad02 wrote:
EyesWideOpen wrote:Roid, I get your point. So why would Moreno sign up for the silver bracket in the upcoming tournament?

My understanding is that the team wanted to play in the gold bracket However, I am sure they are very greatful being pulled out of the bronze braket and into the silver bracket. Maybe if someone wanted to switch with them they could contact the coach or manager.

This is simple. If Moreno played with her core group + 6 genuine tryer-outers as guests, Silver bracket is a good place to be. They might win, but 6 unproven girls makes it a good fight. Moreno wants the win for recruiting I'm sure. If Moreno plays with her core group + 6 Higgenterminators, then the team should be in Gold. If you are the tourney director, these details about the volume and quality of the guesting are not clear, so you place Moreno in Silver. Simple.
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 99
Points : 2858
Join date : 2011-12-01
Location : Plano, Texas

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by EyesWideOpen on 24/01/12, 05:05 pm

javajake wrote:
Soccerdad02 wrote:
EyesWideOpen wrote:Roid, I get your point. So why would Moreno sign up for the silver bracket in the upcoming tournament?

My understanding is that the team wanted to play in the gold bracket However, I am sure they are very greatful being pulled out of the bronze braket and into the silver bracket. Maybe if someone wanted to switch with them they could contact the coach or manager.

This is simple. If Moreno played with her core group + 6 genuine tryer-outers as guests, Silver bracket is a good place to be. They might win, but 6 unproven girls makes it a good fight. Moreno wants the win for recruiting I'm sure. If Moreno plays with her core group + 6 Higgenterminators, then the team should be in Gold. If you are the tourney director, these details about the volume and quality of the guesting are not clear, so you place Moreno in Silver. Simple.

Nice word!

Never dealt with a TD and I have no clue how seeding/brackets etc are determined. Hoping for a fun weekend and good weather
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 352
Points : 3427
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by soccer4life on 24/01/12, 05:37 pm

It's a FCD tournament so Renfro has the opportunity to test itself in the top bracket. Unfortunately, DT-Moreno is the odd team out when Renfro decides to enter the gold bracket.
soccer4life
soccer4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 56
Points : 3450
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Rio

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by GirlsSoccerDad on 24/01/12, 06:03 pm

I am going to put together a team of brand new rec players and go play all the top teams so we can be ranked in the top 20 even though we will never win a single game. I understand this is all a computerized program and the info is only input and result are spit back out, but if you don't have a single win to your name you should not be in the top 20, 25, 30...top whatever until you go beat SOMEBODY...ANYBODY...

GirlsSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 29
Points : 2798
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by deepthoughts on 24/01/12, 08:02 pm

GirlsSoccerDad wrote:I am going to put together a team of brand new rec players and go play all the top teams so we can be ranked in the top 20 even though we will never win a single game. I understand this is all a computerized program and the info is only input and result are spit back out, but if you don't have a single win to your name you should not be in the top 20, 25, 30...top whatever until you go beat SOMEBODY...ANYBODY...

Brilliant!

I have been exploring how valid / how incorrect this FBR thing is and isn't -- see the thread on 11/25 FBR if you have not seen it. The one aspect, so obvious now, that really torqued people was that teams that sported no wins and X losses could be ranked ahead of teams with 12 wins, 2 losses albeit against weak competition. If you think about it, 12 wins against weak competition does not mean that a team can't beat stronger teams -- we just don't know -- but a team with all losses is even more a mystery.

02Dad -- why not recalculate but NOT RANK teams with less than 3 wins because the truth is we don't have a clue where a team with no wins or only one win should be in the list? Gophers, you have the most experience -- does this make sense to you? Would a team with a bunch of draws but no wins have to be an exception?
deepthoughts
deepthoughts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 77
Points : 2929
Join date : 2011-09-09

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by soccerinsane on 24/01/12, 08:57 pm

I am by no means a soccer expert, so I could be completely wrong; however, I can say that looking at the games I've watched my DD's team play--and lose and tie--over the past Fall season, it appears to me that her team is "ranked" for the best possible purposes at just about the right spot, if not a little low, in the top 20. And they literally have not won a single game since I can remember. But they've tied the teams that the FBR program and the "human" polls have ranked in the top ten and most of their losses have not been blow outs--other than those to the top 3 to 5. If my DD's team parents panicked about the rankings on here, they'd miss out on the reason we've stuck through a losing season: great coaching focused on great soccer. I'll be the first to admit that panic has occasionally set in as I'm a tad on the competitive side, but patience in youth soccer in my opinion is key--once you find that good fit for your kid. Yes, take some time to look around, and no, don't stay when it truly isn't working. But by all means pay attention to how your kid is developing, who they play with and against and who is coaching--then stick out the tough spots.
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 222
Points : 3324
Join date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by Guest on 24/01/12, 10:22 pm

that's a good post. you don't sound insane.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Jan 20 - FBR - Updated... Empty Re: Jan 20 - FBR - Updated...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum