North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-19-14 - Page 9 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-19-14

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-19-14 - Page 9 Empty Re: '04 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-19-14

Post by Guest 10/06/14, 11:19 pm

Or a nice Trans Am with some t-tops

Back to top Go down

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-19-14 - Page 9 Empty Re: '04 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-19-14

Post by adufresne 10/06/14, 11:23 pm

Used2bKix wrote:
go99 wrote:  Finally I can't speak for LW and sometimes coaches can get distracted by shiny new things and buy into the hype around players.  But I will state as fact RASE was a top team before the DTS girl with no need of another attacking player.  If she wants to be here, work hard, improve and learn with a great group of girls then great we would love to have her.  But the idea that RASE needs her or have to go out of our way to get her is laughable.  Now a defender the team is really short there.  So for as much as RASE must recruit we have a very stable roster and the number of kids I listed from outside the system was fact not rumor or what I heard.

Sorry...can't sit on this one...
LW saw that shiny new corvette and he went out and supposedly copped that new shiny corvette...
No he may not have needed that shiny new corvette but dammit it looks better in his fleet to him versus anyone elses and you sir...and your opinion...obviously don't hold much weight in the Weddall household, otherwise he'd settle on that old camaro...

Can't say that I blame him.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/06/14, 11:25 pm

go99 wrote:
60vertices wrote:In fairness to LFS their forward did have a couple of opportunities to score. RASE stud defender was looking tired in second.

And too be fair the best opportunity came from DD's side of the field while she was subbed out.  Players was not tracked and left completely open which left the stud RASE defender with too much ground to cover.  No way my DD's misses her runner and lets her through to even start that play.  The other opportunity is all down to the LFS forward is a stud and just a handfull to deal with when she gets going.

Had to go back and look at this to make sure I wasn't crazy. And nope you guys are

Couple of opportunities, RASE stud defender tired?
Nope! was a missed play in the mid that my dd's EXPERIENCE would not have missed. And the stud defender would not have had to chase down. At no point did I say the sub wasn't a good player nor did I suggest it. Her lack of experience in the position caused her to miss it. She didn't get beat, it wasn't a case of not trying or lazy, it was no reaction at all she just didn't see it.

Now the rest was in response to the fear of RASE being the reason rase dominated the first half. And LFS making it a tougher game in the second half. Thats one opinion and mine was different.

But of course I offer an explanation or opinion and it is twisted to say what you want it too say. This is why almost nobody from RASE post. Fortunately I don't care the slightest what you think of me. Hate me if you want but please get what I say right.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/06/14, 11:29 pm

Apparently someone coming close to shooting once from an opposing top team, allegedly, in a tournament against RASE = the gap is closing  scratch is that what the last 4 pages are about?

Last edited by Jules Rimet on 10/06/14, 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 10/06/14, 11:31 pm

I might not be in the club anymore but go99 is a lovely fella. He's not out to stir crap but understandably, he's going to defend the bs aimed at his dd's team. I don't see why so many people care so much. If you're ranked 1-15, it's a pretty solid rule you're gonna make LH D1.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 10/06/14, 11:32 pm

Jules Rimet wrote:Apparently someone coming close to shooting once from an opposing top team, allegedly, in a tournament against RASE = the gap is closing  scratch is that what the last 4 pages are about?

LoL. Another fanboy who was not there.

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/06/14, 11:35 pm

oh and I guess it can't be that the DTS girl just wanted to leave her team or whatever issues are going on there or they just decided they wanted to go to a new enviornment. It has to be that LW did whatever it took to pry them from their beloved team. Now I am sure everyone else's team would have said "no you can't come here. You are property of DTS and we don't recruit" But super greedy LW alone just had to have her. So be what it may the new girl brings the total to 4 girls from outside the LP system. Not exactly a recruiting machine. And no my opinion holds no weight because otherwise we would have gone all SRSA and had tryouts calls and try to bring in the best of the best talent from NTX with a battle thru the summer to see who can survive to the final roster.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/06/14, 11:37 pm

MustangGT wrote:
Jules Rimet wrote:Apparently someone coming close to shooting once from an opposing top team, allegedly, in a tournament against RASE = the gap is closing  scratch is that what the last 4 pages are about?

I've seen RASE play more times over the past 3 years to not be blinded by one game or one tournament having any meaning whatsoever. In other news, Italy tied Luxembourg and England tied Ecuador and Honduras last week. GAP CLOSING "lol"

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 10/06/14, 11:44 pm

Jules Rimet wrote:
MustangGT wrote:

I've seen RASE play more times over the past 3 years to not be blinded by one game or one tournament having any meaning whatsoever.  In other news, Italy tied Luxembourg and England tied Ecuador and Honduras last week.  GAP CLOSING "lol"

Oh of course. You've seen Rase play TX Spirit, DT Scott, and DTS have you? Never mind they have not played them in 1-2 years, an eternity for U8-U10 soccer.

Thanks for bringing your omnipotent wisdom to the 04 group.

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homiethesoccerman 10/06/14, 11:48 pm

I'm confused cyclops All this talk about an LFS Player who Almost scored on the Defacto #1 team? Call me crazy, but this is redonkulous!!! Bottom line is Go69, Ooops sorry Go98 should have not commented at all. If I was the DD's father that he is claiming his DD is so much better than, I'd be insulted by your comments GO. Public Forums are not for airing your individual opinions on your DD's teammates. You'll Learn the Hard way I guess. IJS!!  cheers 

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/06/14, 11:50 pm

go99 wrote:oh and I guess it can't be that the DTS girl just wanted to leave her team or whatever issues are going on there or they just decided they wanted to go to a new enviornment.  It has to be that LW did whatever it took to pry them from their beloved team.  Now I am sure everyone else's team would have said "no  you can't come here. You are property of DTS and we don't recruit"  But super greedy LW alone just had to have her.  So be what it may  the new girl brings the total to 4 girls from outside the LP system.  Not exactly a recruiting machine.  And no my opinion holds no weight because otherwise we would have gone all SRSA and had tryouts calls and try to bring in the best of the best talent from NTX with a battle thru the summer to see who can survive to the final roster.  

Plenty of factors can explain her departure... But...
She was and is recruited... Which isn't wrong...matter of fact... It makes so much sense and is so right...but the point is...she was RECRUITED by LW, coach of LW RASE...can't say RASE doesn't recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by homiethesoccerman 10/06/14, 11:55 pm

Oh and by the way, Who cares if RASE recruits? I mean every top team does. Right? Way I see it, if your not recruiting your doing your club and team a disservice by not trying to improve the talent. On the DTS girl, her parents were looking and what better place to go than RASE. I mean they are the Defacto #2 team now I guess.

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/06/14, 11:56 pm

MustangGT wrote:
Jules Rimet wrote:
MustangGT wrote:

I've seen RASE play more times over the past 3 years to not be blinded by one game or one tournament having any meaning whatsoever.  In other news, Italy tied Luxembourg and England tied Ecuador and Honduras last week.  GAP CLOSING "lol"

Oh of course. You've seen Rase play TX Spirit, DT Scott, and DTS have you? Never mind they have not played them in 1-2 years, an eternity for U8-U10 soccer.

My team has played all of those teams minus DTS several times over the past few years.  I watch MLS (regrettably, and mostly by happenstance) and I watch Barclay's.  It doesn't take a genius to know the LA Galaxy will never beat Manchester City in a competitive match even though they've never met.  Do you get the analogy or did I use too much omnipotent wisdom

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 11/06/14, 12:02 am

Jules Rimet wrote:
MustangGT wrote:
Jules Rimet wrote:
MustangGT wrote:

My team has played all of those teams minus DTS several times over the past few years.  I watch the MLS (regrettably) and I watch Barclay's.  It doesn't take a genius to know the LA Galaxy will never beat Manchester City in a competitive match.  Do you get the analogy or did I use too much omnipotent wisdom

If you are saying the gap between RASE and all these other teams is similar to your analogy then yea I must be missing something.

But then what do I know, you are obviously one of those undiscovered soccer geniuses waiting to be discovered for the elite analyst that you are.

Ouch did I just say "gap".... wow I'm done here.

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/06/14, 12:04 am

Who says I'm undiscovered?  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/06/14, 12:07 am

OMG HSM go back and read it. I said nothing about her abilities as a player "Players was not tracked and left completely open which left the stud RASE defender with too much ground to cover.  No way my DD's misses her runner "  Now if you never take a spanish class (not native speaker) are you illiterate because you can't speak spanish?  Nobody taught her to recognize it so she didn't.  It does not make her a bad player nor did I suggest it did.  I was insulted when it was suggested that the play was down to the tired defender she was above and beyond on that play and did the best she could to cover.  So yes opinions on teammates are not for airing at all. because really the only opinion that matters is the coach.  Hence I did not give an opinion on her.  What I stated was fact. That person came thru an area that makes them your man to track. If nobody tell you how are you supposed to know?  Doesn't make you a bad player. Great vision by LFS to recognize the runner hadn't been tracked and to get her the ball and it almost payed off.  See now I can't tell if you are just giving me a hard time or are really that dense.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/06/14, 12:14 am

so her parents were looking? hmmm. I guess I just get overly frustrated with the suggestion you always hear about all lw does is recruit and then I look at the team and all I see are kids who have been there forever. We think they came together as a group and worked hard to get where they are over a number of years and then all everyone wants to suggest is that well its all recruiting. LW just recruits and doesn't develop. Well I have been there from the beginning and thats not how I see it.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/06/14, 12:25 am

go99 wrote:so her parents were looking? hmmm.  I guess I just get overly frustrated with the suggestion you always hear about all lw does is recruit and then I look at the team and all I see are kids who have been there forever.  We think they came together as a group and worked hard to get where they are over a number of years and then all everyone wants to suggest is that well its all recruiting.  LW just recruits and doesn't develop.  Well I have been there from the beginning and thats not how I see it.

Its tryouts season...lots of parents are curious.
Lots of parents are vulnerable... The sign your year away day is vastly approaching.
Now is the time to cure your curiosity and erase any doubt you may have about the grass on the other side. LW and his undefeated team is quite a tantilizing opportunity to be faced with...in fact its quite flattering that he chooses to show interest in your kid....
Until.....

Back to top Go down

Post by homiethesoccerman 11/06/14, 12:28 am

"It wasn't black and white. But yes at that position as it is played on this team my dd is better. but to be fair she is also better than your dd too"

These are your word, not mine. Thought you we're smarter than this. Guess that's what I get for thinking. Just think about it GO!!! If that DD's father came on here and said that, how would you feel? I know I'd be pretty upset. The only thing you have said that is accurate IMHO is that it doesn't matter what you think. Problem now is, your whole teams knows how you feel about the said Defender. You let these people on here fade you and now you have to deal with the backlash. Let's just hope that DD's Father doesn't have an ego half the size of yours, or there might just be some fist flying in the RASE camp at Practice. You should really learn when to open your mouth and quite simply, when to shut it!!! Just my HO!!!

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 11/06/14, 12:28 am

go99 wrote:OMG HSM go back and read it. I said nothing about her abilities as a player "Players was not tracked and left completely open which left the stud RASE defender with too much ground to cover.  No way my DD's misses her runner "  Now if you never take a spanish class (not native speaker) are you illiterate because you can't speak spanish?  Nobody taught her to recognize it so she didn't.  It does not make her a bad player nor did I suggest it did.  I was insulted when it was suggested that the play was down to the tired defender she was above and beyond on that play and did the best she could to cover.  So yes opinions on teammates are not for airing at all. because really the only opinion that matters is the coach.  Hence I did not give an opinion on her.  What I stated was fact. That person came thru an area that makes them your man to track. If nobody tell you how are you supposed to know?  Doesn't make you a bad player. Great vision by LFS to recognize the runner hadn't been tracked and to get her the ball and it almost payed off.  See now I can't tell if you are just giving me a hard time or are really that dense.

You must be drunk. Do you even read the BS you post any more or are you just going pure post count. Do you not even recall just posting this as clarification to you calling out your dds sub: "It wasn't black and white. But yes at that position as it is played on this team my dd is better. but to be fair she is also better than your dd too "

It is so true you just can't fix stupid. Your like arguing with Cliff Clavin - he won't shut up and is so keen on telling everyone how much he knows...but in the end he is just a know it all jacka**. I have already wasted too much time on you Cliff. Time for me to go back in the shadows and let you tell everyone in the forum bar here how brilliant you are. Cheers
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homiethesoccerman 11/06/14, 01:09 am

Used2bKix wrote:
go99 wrote:  Finally I can't speak for LW and sometimes coaches can get distracted by shiny new things and buy into the hype around players.  But I will state as fact RASE was a top team before the DTS girl with no need of another attacking player.  If she wants to be here, work hard, improve and learn with a great group of girls then great we would love to have her.  But the idea that RASE needs her or have to go out of our way to get her is laughable.  Now a defender the team is really short there.  So for as much as RASE must recruit we have a very stable roster and the number of kids I listed from outside the system was fact not rumor or what I heard.

Sorry...can't sit on this one...
LW saw that shiny new corvette and he went out and supposedly copped that new shiny corvette...
No he may not have needed that shiny new corvette but dammit it looks better in his fleet to him versus anyone elses and you sir...and your opinion...obviously don't hold much weight in the Weddall household, otherwise he'd settle on that old camaro...
I don't Remember anyone ever saying that RASE needed this Corvette. Just That LW recruited her. Question? How many Goals did Said Corvette score for RASE this Past Weekend GO? If RASE has several of these kind of Corvettes, then they may not need your DD, Her sub or the stud defender you refer to. they should just be scoring goals at will. I happen to know a little about the corvette in Question. I would refer to her as the ZR1 version. If LW did go after this player, no matter your opinion, it was to improve the RASE attack, and that it did. I find it hard to believe that a family from the south, contacted LW who is way north because they we're unhappy in their situation. Now maybe they did maybe they didn't. Doesn't really matter. Just sounds like your a little upset with the additions & decisions LW has made. Question is Why? Looks like It worked out. RASE won the Hardware and didn't give up a goal while doing it. What's the purpose for all your dialog on here?

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/06/14, 01:59 am

It wasn't black and white. But yes at THAT position as it is played on THIS team my dd is better. but to be fair she is also better than your dd too"

Now part of that was just being silly when I said better than your dd too since I have no idea who his dd was.  But again read, not what you want it to say but what it actually says.  You didn't even read it well enough to tell I was talking about mid not defense.  I was actually speaking up on behalf of the defense.
So let me break it down even more for you. In THAT position, not all positions.  But also the way it is played on THIS TEAM, not all teams.  See so clearly using the english language what we are talking about is experience. Not skill, not ability. This one thing as it is taught here that you have never been taught I am better at. So now you take my DD out of this system that maybe uses her position in an entirely different way I would assume she would not come in as the best player at that particular thing. I have seen my dd moved into the center and be completely clueless and uncomfortable as it's something she has never done.  It didn't make her a bad player it made her one that didn't know what she was supposed to do.  So again you guys don't read, you read with intent.  And oh yes I think you have been wanting me punched out for awhile HSM but oh well maybe you will get your wish one day.  But please hate me for what I actually wrote not what you want to interpret it as. oh and I am not upset with any decisions I am upset with the notion that RASE is a team built on recruiting and thats all LW does. I really am starting to think the two of you guys are mis reading that on purpose and just messing with me
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by kegsmen 11/06/14, 06:27 am

go99 wrote:OMG HSM go back and read it. I said nothing about her abilities as a player "Players was not tracked and left completely open which left the stud RASE defender with too much ground to cover.  No way my DD's misses her runner "  Now if you never take a spanish class (not native speaker) are you illiterate because you can't speak spanish?  Nobody taught her to recognize it so she didn't.  It does not make her a bad player nor did I suggest it did.  I was insulted when it was suggested that the play was down to the tired defender she was above and beyond on that play and did the best she could to cover.  So yes opinions on teammates are not for airing at all. because really the only opinion that matters is the coach.  Hence I did not give an opinion on her.  What I stated was fact. That person came thru an area that makes them your man to track. If nobody tell you how are you supposed to know?  Doesn't make you a bad player. Great vision by LFS to recognize the runner hadn't been tracked and to get her the ball and it almost payed off.  See now I can't tell if you are just giving me a hard time or are really that dense.

No hablo...keep on swinging
kegsmen
kegsmen
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccer 11/06/14, 06:56 am

Hahaha
04Soccer
04Soccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 11/06/14, 08:08 am

From the apparent dislike of a team because of the mystique surrounding it to a parent's certainty that his DD's superior soccer IQ eliminates any possibility of human error, this has been a thoroughly entertaining thread. Keep it coming!
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/06/14, 08:24 am

No one dislikes RASE...
Well....I don't dislike RASE... Can't speak for everyone.

Its just a quick moment of "the chickens have come home to roost" parentally...

Kind of poetic justice towards the RASE parents that walked above everyone for this past year or two commenting like superiority wouldn't or couldn't ever be reduced to equality or normalcy.

No knock on the girls... At all...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next