North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

who is the best ECNL 01 team? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

who is the best ECNL 01 team?

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

who is the best ECNL 01 team? - Page 3 Empty Re: who is the best ECNL 01 team?

Post by jm23jm 06/08/14, 02:36 pm

Zizou wrote:
jm23jm wrote:
Zizou wrote:
jm23jm wrote:
Zizou wrote:
nmkjc wrote:We'll wouldn't they be getting somewhat the same amount of exposure and competition from National League as if they were to play ECNL? Kicks is doing exceptionally well and I can see them staying in National League for quite some time.

No

I disagree....colleges are looking for the best players.  The exposure at Regionals and Nationals was out there. Surf cup is also great. We had a scout for US National team out at surf cup on Saturday and Sunday watching most if not all U14 games. I spoke with her and she basically said keep doing big time tournaments like Surf Cup, play National league and make Regionals and Nationals and they will find the talent. The key is not what league you play in but how you develop. Do the players continue to work harder each season to be better players.

I pretty sure your team is not the only team working hard, developing , and getting better. I would not have expected you to say anything different. Hell, if it was my lively hood I would be selling the same kool aid. Thanks for your opinion! We seem to all have them. Just not the same opinion!

scratch   please go back and read my post. When did I say we were the only team developing and getting better? I never even said we were getting better. All I said was it is up to the players now to continue working hard.  I never expected this type of response from a Solar parent as Solar has always been class acts.  Oh and my lively hood doesn't depend on coaching..If it did I would have been with a big club bc they pay way more. .I was making way more when soccer didn't take all my time. The benefit is I enjoy what I do and I don't have a boss.

I will remind you of this post the day you let your little secret known.  pirat 

What is my secret? Please let me and others know bc people have asked me and I don't know how to respond.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 06/08/14, 09:41 pm

jm23jm wrote:
Zizou wrote:
nmkjc wrote:We'll wouldn't they be getting somewhat the same amount of exposure and competition from National League as if they were to play ECNL? Kicks is doing exceptionally well and I can see them staying in National League for quite some time.

No

I disagree....colleges are looking for the best players.  The exposure at Regionals and Nationals was out there. Surf cup is also great. We had a scout for US National team out at surf cup on Saturday and Sunday watching most if not all U14 games. I spoke with her and she basically said keep doing big time tournaments like Surf Cup, play National league and make Regionals and Nationals and they will find the talent. The key is not what league you play in but how you develop. Do the players continue to work harder each season to be better players.

Agree but surely you don't discount the fact that development is directly impacted by the quality of competition. Its one thing to beat up on donuts like OFC and D1 teams and another to face top competition like the Ecnl teams will face all season long. Kicks are trying as hard as possible but the deck is stacked against you.

But hey 4-3-3 can still keep posting ranking stats like he did when the girls were 10 because all of the ranking systems are so impressive to post.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 06/08/14, 10:56 pm

Pinnochio wrote:
jm23jm wrote:
Zizou wrote:

No

Agree but surely you don't discount the fact that development is directly impacted by the quality of competition. Its one thing to beat up on donuts like OFC and D1 teams and another to face top competition like the Ecnl teams will face all season long. Kicks are trying as hard as possible but the deck is stacked against you.

But hey 4-3-3 can still keep posting ranking stats like he did when the girls were 10 because all of the ranking systems are so impressive to post.

You're trying too hard. Topdrawer is basically an ECNL rag, so I don't see why you'd have an issue with their rankings.  The more you flail, the more I'm starting to believe you're likely one of those ECNL bystander parents being sold a bill of goods. Otherwise you wouldn't be so desperate to make this argument, and you'd realize it would be a Phyrric victory if you actually did convince kicks parents en masse to jump ship to ECNL.

Last edited by haterinho on 07/08/14, 09:35 am; edited 1 time in total

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 07/08/14, 04:56 am

No, I do not want them to jump ship. This is turning out to be a great opportunity to really put this ECNL , or not debate to rest. We are truly giving our opinions on ECNL or not without a model that paints a picture of both methods. In the long run this could be a good thing for all consumers!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby01 07/08/14, 04:15 pm

I have spoken with many collage coaches and they all have said that 80% of there yearly budget is spent on ECNL Events. They will go to the other events but far less. The whole point to all of this is to have your child seen by a collages correct. yes the better players you play against the better you will become. Training is a major component of there success. But to be in the ECNL you need to be the best at all 4 elements...Technical skill, Tactical Skill, Mental toughness, Physical toughness.  If you have all this then your child will be picked out and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Your D1 daughter will be found. At this point ECNL is there best chance to be found...If you think your good enough you better jump in there.

Shelby01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/08/14, 04:44 pm

Your mom goes to collage.

Last edited by Cobra_Kai on 07/08/14, 04:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 07/08/14, 05:02 pm

Shelby01 wrote:I have spoken with many collage coaches and they all have said that 80% of there yearly budget is spent on ECNL Events. They will go to the other events but far less. The whole point to all of this is to have your child seen by a collages correct. yes the better players you play against the better you will become. Training is a major component of there success. But to be in the ECNL you need to be the best at all 4 elements...Technical skill, Tactical Skill, Mental toughness, Physical toughness.  If you have all this then your child will be picked out and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Your D1 daughter will be found. At this point ECNL is there best chance to be found...If you think your good enough you better jump in there.

You're not really suggesting that playing on an ECNL team is proof that a player is: "the best at all 4 elements...Technical skill, Tactical Skill, Mental toughness, Physical toughness?"  

My dd played in the ECNL for a lot of years, and I'm a big believer in the exposure that can be gained by playing on an ECNL team.  But to suggest that there are no sub-par players in the ECNL is nuts. I've seen plenty of ECNL teams with players that were decidedly weak in some or ALL of those areas.

I agree that today, the ECNL is the best way for players to get exposure to college coaches, but come on, there is a limit to how great it is.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 07/08/14, 10:43 pm

Pinnochio wrote:
jm23jm wrote:
Zizou wrote:

No

Competition is important and we will continue to play top competition in National league. Also just as important is the competition at training. The donut team you refer to was the best OK team last year so what does that say about the teams they beat that are now ecnl? Oh and STX top team last year was Eclipse (non ecnl).

What teams will NTX ecnl teams be playing at U14? Surf, Blues, Slammers, Hawks, Bethesda, Arsenal, Legends etc......? We have played all these teams and will play them in the future.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 08/08/14, 08:35 am

National League has great competition, that is true. But if your DD wants the best D1 college exposure, then ECNL will need to happen. In today's environment, ECNL is on the rise. Just seems logical to compete there. Am I wrong?

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 08/08/14, 09:40 am

jm23jm wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:
jm23jm wrote:
Zizou wrote:

No

Competition is important and we will continue to play top competition in National league.  Also just as important is the competition at training. The donut team you refer to was the best OK team last year so what does that say about the teams they beat that are now ecnl? Oh and STX top team last year was Eclipse (non ecnl).

What teams will NTX ecnl teams be playing at U14? Surf, Blues, Slammers, Hawks, Bethesda, Arsenal, Legends etc......? We have played all these teams and will play them in the future.  

I have tons of confidence that you will attempt to do that coach. No problems with your commitment and dedication to providing the best training and competition possible. I do have some doubts that your team will continue to be able to play those top teams. Mainly just don't agree with 4-3-3 and his nonstop PR machine.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 08/08/14, 09:56 am

Why is a ECNL thread being overtaken by a Non-ECNL audience.  The initial question asked...is as follows:  "Who is the best ECNL 01 team?"

It's a very simple, fair question.....who will be the best ECNL 01 team?

Last edited by Big Poppy on 08/08/14, 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 08/08/14, 10:01 am

FierceLightning wrote:National League has great competition, that is true. But if your DD wants the best D1 college exposure, then ECNL will need to happen. In today's environment, ECNL is on the rise. Just seems logical to compete there. Am I wrong?

I don't disagree with you but how deep are the rosters? If you are not playing just being ecnl doesn't do you much good. Also, are you sure your DD wants to play D1 soccer.? My DD is in 8th grade and hasn't figure what she wants. As a dad and coach I'm doing best I can to get as much exposure as possible for all my players. . Making regionals and nationals was huge. I have met coaches and scouts that I would not have met otherwise.. In fact an ECNL coach and college advisory program director for a top 10 club in the nation is coming down to share their college program with our club. If you like I can send you an invite. Just shoot me an email.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 08/08/14, 10:12 am

Shelby01 wrote:I have spoken with many collage coaches and they all have said that 80% of there yearly budget is spent on ECNL Events. They will go to the other events but far less. The whole point to all of this is to have your child seen by a collages correct. yes the better players you play against the better you will become. Training is a major component of there success. But to be in the ECNL you need to be the best at all 4 elements...Technical skill, Tactical Skill, Mental toughness, Physical toughness.  If you have all this then your child will be picked out and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Your D1 daughter will be found. At this point ECNL is there best chance to be found...If you think your good enough you better jump in there.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 08/08/14, 10:38 am

Pinnochio wrote:

I have tons of confidence that you will attempt to do that coach. No problems with your commitment and dedication to providing the best training and competition possible. I do have some doubts that your team will continue to be able to play those top teams. Mainly just don't agree with 4-3-3 and his nonstop PR machine.

THIS^^^^^^^ I think it just rubs some of us the wrong way to be categorized as sheep, lemmings, buying a bill of goods, ect...  Some of us have had DD's on the same team for years and it has nothing to do with ECNL.  To have a "numbers" guy constantly ignore numbers in regards to ECNL is silly, just admit it is going to be an uphill battle.  We all know the success Kicks has had and probably will continue have and if there is a coach out there to do it Juan is probably the guy.  Now to what Poppi said, should be a two horse fight between Sting/Solar with Lonestar being the strongest non-DFW team.
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Moretime 08/08/14, 12:27 pm

1more_dd_dad wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:

THIS^^^^^^^ I think it just rubs some of us the wrong way to be categorized as sheep, lemmings, buying a bill of goods, ect...  Some of us have had DD's on the same team for years and it has nothing to do with ECNL.  To have a "numbers" guy constantly ignore numbers in regards to ECNL is silly, just admit it is going to be an uphill battle.  We all know the success Kicks has had and probably will continue have and if there is a coach out there to do it Juan is probably the guy.  Now to what Poppi said, should be a two horse fight between Sting/Solar with Lonestar being the strongest non-DFW team.
1MDD, just want your thoughts on why Lonestar ? What you have you seen or heard. Do agree on Solar/Sting with Solar edging them out. Will be a tight race though

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 08/08/14, 01:03 pm

1more_dd_dad wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:

If you're really wanting to do this dance, you need to be precise. Sheep and lemmings are your words alone...never once uttered or written by me.

The "sold a bill of goods" was reference to that % of ECNL parents who bought a patch but will see very little, if any, ECNL minutes the entire year. I'm suggesting it is these parents invested in throwing shade towards kicks at every opportunity. It's a defense mechanism to justify their own decisions.

The parents confident of their child's status as an elite player have no need for such nonsense. Why does it matter to them whether kicks continues to be a top shelf team or not? Why does it concern them what happens in LH D1? It doesn't. It only makes sense that borderline parents, not parents of actual ECNL participants, would have any need to make statements like d1 is now "a bunch of ECNL holdovers", or take illogical shots at an Oklahoma team that has more than held their own against the best in NTX. Why would the parents of truly elite players need to try so hard with these jabs?

ECNL rosters turn over these borderline players every year; problem is this is ECNL u14...first year...and a good many still THINK they are in that playing group, but are about realize they might've been throwing rocks prematurely. That's why the gloves are off this summer...but I predict this will die down once reality sets in this fall.

Now when it comes to numbers, I did a very comprehensive analysis of ECNL vs non-ECNL college commitments. There was nothing ignored. The majority of top players in the country commit from ECNL clubs. The trends are accelerating on this each year. In most regions (not all), there is little doubt of the supremacy of ECNL as the top competitive platform. As ECNL continues adding clubs (and hopefully kicking out the scrubs), that will continue to be the case. There is no inconsistency, subterfuge or pipe dream in anything I've posted. LOL.

But I have confirmed that this idea players don't commit to top schools unless they are ECNL may be true in NTX, but is not true in other markets. 30 to 40% of commits nation wide are non ECNL, and these commits happen even in markets where there are ECNL clubs nearby. There are top soccer schools that still sign non ECNL players. I didn't go off forum parent posts. I rolled the numbers myself. That says to me colleges do not believe ECNL has ALL the talent, and that merely being in ECNL is no guarantee of anything.

As far as admitting anything...it's an uphill battle whether your kid is in ECNL or not. Your kid has just as much an uphill battle as mine. Their individual development is what matters most in the end, and I don't happen to believe the league alone has all that much impact on developing the player. It's the coaching they're exposed to, the team's competitive environment, and most importantly the player's own desire and ability.

I also don't think kids get "discovered" because they play ECNL and hundreds of coaches are randomly watching games and offering scholarships to kids with whom they had no prior awareness or contact. ECNL helps, but it looks to me the process is still the same as pre ECNL era. Players identify their target schools, solicit contact and the coaches have to be interested enough to watch them play.

So the bottom line for Kicks (or anyone else non ECNL) is can INDIVIDUAL players continue to develop at the same or better pace as their peers, and get their targeted coaches to watch them play when it matters.

Time will tell. But, I wouldn't bet against them, and I certainly wouldn't hold tight to the idea coaches will ignore their talent because they play surf cup and national league instead of ECNL.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 08/08/14, 01:10 pm

This has obviously turned into another "Promote the Kicks" thread.....I'm done. Outta here!
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 08/08/14, 01:33 pm

Big Poppy wrote:This has obviously turned into another "Promote the Kicks" thread.....I'm done.  Outta here!

Yes but how did we get here? You do realize who started this thread don't you? Actually, on second thought, I need to hope that you have no earthly idea and are just a victim.

This is nothing new or unique...same discussion is being had on ECNL forum threads all over the country.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/08/14, 01:53 pm

and just like here... there is a club, with a coach doing a good job with his players and making waves for the others...

GOTTA LOVE IT!  pirat Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby01 08/08/14, 09:20 pm

So what your saying I have to pick from sting and solar because kicks is not even in the running.

Shelby01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxrocks 08/08/14, 09:35 pm

Kicks will be forgotten. Jm will move on, the girls will get picked up, and no one will remember this thread except Shelby.
Ntxrocks
Ntxrocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/08/14, 09:41 pm

Correct and Tom will be standing there when JM signs his FC Dallas contract, right Tommy Boy? Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/08/14, 07:10 am

Borussia wrote:Correct and Tom will be standing there when JM signs his FC Dallas contract, right Tommy Boy? Lol

Hmmmmm....if what Bo is saying is true. We will wait til the man confirms. My two cents, FC Dallas Admin should be commended for getting this right. One getting the best man for the job, two getting the best man for the kids the community and for money gram park, and last promoting and paying a coach that clearly is deserving of the promotion. If the rumor Bo has posted is true then congrats to FC Dallas and JM!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/08/14, 07:15 am

Yes, FCD has signed JM and they are making Tom the director of coaching! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 09/08/14, 07:41 am

Absolutely not true.  

In the first couple years most all coaches will take flyers on larger, athletic girls with inadequate technical skills and sub par soccer IQ's to see if they can make an effective soccer player out of them.  

To stick in ECNL, or move into ECNL later, and get any significant playing time at the older ages on the top 2-3 NTX ECNL in NTX, you will need all of the above and athleticism.

Last edited by Lefty on 09/08/14, 07:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/08/14, 07:46 am

I agree, it seems the girls each year on the top teams become bigger faster stronger. If you are a horse and built like a brick house you have a chance at making a ECNL squad. The ability to continue playing the beautiful game becomes a challenge if your DD is not working on her physical, mental, and technical game all year round.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next