North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

who is the best ECNL 01 team? - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

who is the best ECNL 01 team?

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

who is the best ECNL 01 team? - Page 4 Empty Re: who is the best ECNL 01 team?

Post by Zizou 09/08/14, 07:46 am

I agree, it seems the girls each year on the top teams become bigger faster stronger. If you are a horse and built like a brick house you have a chance at making a ECNL squad. The ability to continue playing the beautiful game becomes a challenge if your DD is not working on her physical, mental, and technical game all year round.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 09/08/14, 07:51 am

haterinho wrote:
1more_dd_dad wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:

I have tons of confidence that you will attempt to do that coach. No problems with your commitment and dedication to providing the best training and competition possible. I do have some doubts that your team will continue to be able to play those top teams. Mainly just don't agree with 4-3-3 and his nonstop PR machine.

THIS^^^^^^^ I think it just rubs some of us the wrong way to be categorized as sheep, lemmings, buying a bill of goods, ect...  Some of us have had DD's on the same team for years and it has nothing to do with ECNL.  To have a "numbers" guy constantly ignore numbers in regards to ECNL is silly, just admit it is going to be an uphill battle.  We all know the success Kicks has had and probably will continue have and if there is a coach out there to do it Juan is probably the guy.  Now to what Poppi said, should be a two horse fight between Sting/Solar with Lonestar being the strongest non-DFW team.

If you're really wanting to do this dance, you need to be precise. Sheep and lemmings are your words alone...never once uttered or written by me.

The "sold a bill of goods" was reference to that % of ECNL parents who bought a patch but will see very little, if any, ECNL minutes the entire year. I'm suggesting it is these parents invested in throwing shade towards kicks at every opportunity. It's a defense mechanism to justify their own decisions.

The parents confident of their child's status as an elite player have no need for such nonsense. Why does it matter to them whether kicks continues to be a top shelf team or not? Why does it concern them what happens in LH D1? It doesn't. It only makes sense that borderline parents, not parents of actual ECNL participants, would have any need to make statements like d1 is now "a bunch of ECNL holdovers", or take illogical shots at an Oklahoma team that has more than held their own against the best in NTX. Why would the parents of truly elite players need to try so hard with these jabs?

ECNL rosters turn over these borderline players every year; problem is this is ECNL u14...first year...and a good many still THINK they are in that playing group, but are about realize they might've been throwing rocks prematurely. That's why the gloves are off this summer...but I predict this will die down once reality sets in this fall.

Now when it comes to numbers, I did a very comprehensive analysis of ECNL vs non-ECNL college commitments. There was nothing ignored. The majority of top players in the country commit from ECNL clubs. The trends are accelerating on this each year. In most regions (not all), there is little doubt of the supremacy of ECNL as the top competitive platform. As ECNL continues adding clubs (and hopefully kicking out the scrubs), that will continue to be the case. There is no inconsistency, subterfuge or pipe dream in anything I've posted. LOL.

But I have confirmed that this idea players don't commit to top schools unless they are ECNL may be true in NTX, but is not true in other markets. 30 to 40% of commits nation wide are non ECNL, and these commits happen even in markets where there are ECNL clubs nearby. There are top soccer schools that still sign non ECNL players. I didn't go off forum parent posts. I rolled the numbers myself. That says to me colleges do not believe ECNL has ALL the talent, and that merely being in ECNL is no guarantee of anything.

As far as admitting anything...it's an uphill battle whether your kid is in ECNL or not. Your kid has just as much an uphill battle as mine. Their individual development is what matters most in the end, and I don't happen to believe the league alone has all that much impact on developing the player. It's the coaching they're exposed to, the team's competitive environment, and most importantly the player's own desire and ability.

I also don't think kids get "discovered" because they play ECNL and hundreds of coaches are randomly watching games and offering scholarships to kids with whom they had no prior awareness or contact. ECNL helps, but it looks to me the process is still the same as pre ECNL era. Players identify their target schools, solicit contact and the coaches have to be interested enough to watch them play.

So the bottom line for Kicks (or anyone else non ECNL) is can INDIVIDUAL players continue to develop at the same or better pace as their peers, and get their targeted coaches to watch them play when it matters.

Time will tell. But, I wouldn't bet against them, and I certainly wouldn't hold tight to the idea coaches will ignore their talent because they play surf cup and national league instead of ECNL.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a relatively new poster who understand how it plays out in the end.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 09/08/14, 11:29 pm

How much emphasis should be given to clubs or coaches that have college coach contacts?

How much is your U16 & U17 coach/club a facilitator in getting in front of college coaches?  Certainly if your DD convinces a college coach to come and watch her, the select coach would need to make sure the player is on the field ... which is problematic for the bench.

I also know that in the past college coaches regularly had dialogue with the coach from the top Texan team (Ryan H and he was instrumental and very good at helping his girls get college spots) ... I assume the same with Sting, Feet, FCD and Solar.  Texans 94-96 actually regularly practiced at the SMU facility ... amazingly SMU's roster is full of 93-95 Texans ... no idea on recently graduated 96s.

I know a couple girls that were ID'd at college soccer camps (but VERY few and far between) ... I also know several top coaches that say it is generally a waste of time and simply a money maker run by asst. coaches and more often the college players.

As far as being ID'd in High School games ... Plano West won 5a in '12, in '13 and runner up in '14.  all starters with exception of a couple play college soccer and NONE were ID'd from High School games.  It all came from Select and most from ECNL/Nat'l League (pre-ECNL).

I think your kid can get a look from local show-case tournaments, but only from the coaches at Kansas Mid-Plains Tech, Commerce A&M, and NE SW Louisiana Baywater.

ECNL is where the better schools look for talent: I have a buddy that went to the Disney Showcase Tourney during the Holidays with his 2 Girls (one ECNL (U16)and the other top of D1(U17)). The ECNL teams were playing AT DISNEY.  The D-1 teams were playing in Bum-Fork, FLA 10 miles down the road.  The U16 ECNL games had up to 50 coaches (most D1) on the side-lines of the magnificent Disney Sports Complex.  The entire weekend only one coach showed for the D1 "Showcase game".  The coach was from NE SW Florida State - Baywater and was there to look at a girl from the other team they were playing (a Florida girl).
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 10/08/14, 04:59 pm

Serious question for those who might have suggestions...

For those players who don't live in a place with an abundance of ECNL teams (like DFW or Houston for example) and whose parents can't drive three hours each way for practices three times a week during the school year and they aren't playing with an ECNL affiliated club where they can be dual rostered at least, how do you suggest these players be seen by college coaches?

I'm being genuine, so please don't reply with an answer like "move somewhere else" or "might as well quit".
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/08/14, 06:31 pm

ODP , College showcase tournaments, Nationaly ranked tournaments, and college ID camps. Communicate with coach phone call, txt, video, invite them to come out and watch her play.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker 10/08/14, 11:07 pm

With regard to "how do you suggest these players be seen by college coaches?" this link may be of interest:

http://files.leagueathletics.com/Text/Documents/2674/39833.pdf

tschlurker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker 10/08/14, 11:26 pm

With regard to one of the Kicksters saying: "What teams will NTX ecnl teams be playing at U14? Surf, Blues, Slammers, Hawks, Bethesda, Arsenal, Legends etc......? We have played all these teams and will play them in the future."

How exactly does that happen?  It is far more likely that a non-ECNL U14 team, no matter how good, will never play the ECNL team of one of the top ECNL clubs -- you will play B teams only.  Would think most ECNL clubs would not want their ECNL teams playing non-ECNL teams, as they have nothing to gain from a club perspective.

tschlurker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 11/08/14, 12:44 am

tschlurker wrote:With regard to one of the Kicksters saying: "What teams will NTX ecnl teams be playing at U14? Surf, Blues, Slammers, Hawks, Bethesda, Arsenal, Legends etc......? We have played all these teams and will play them in the future."

How exactly does that happen?  It is far more likely that a non-ECNL U14 team, no matter how good, will never play the ECNL team of one of the top ECNL clubs -- you will play B teams only.  Would think most ECNL clubs would not want their ECNL teams playing non-ECNL teams, as they have nothing to gain from a club perspective.

Check the surf cup u14 schedule and decide whether your conclusion is accurate. If that's not enough, go look at eclipse challenge cup from this past weekend and see if you can decipher whether u14 Tophat, Cincinnati United and Michigan Jaguars played in a tournament with 4 or 5 ECNL B teams.

I'll save you the effort of claiming PDA splash that won it was a B team...their gotsoccer roster matches their ECNL roster.

There are a few major tournaments where the TDs accept the best teams that apply, and there are some ECNL clubs that see these games for what they are and aren't afraid to put their product on the field against anyone. If you want to find the best ECNL teams out east, there are tourneys you can find them. Out west, same deal. Remains to be seen whether local ECNL teams keep playing DIGC...wouldn't surprise me if they stop entering and it becomes more like Texas Cup or FCD college showcase. From a pure marketing perspective, you're right ECNL teams shouldn't ever take the risk of playing a non ECNL team. By U16 your statement may be generally true, but not at u14/u15.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zerocool 11/08/14, 07:52 am

zerocool
zerocool
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby01 11/08/14, 09:26 am

so what was the results on the first soccer tournament of the year? my sources tell me Sting just killed it on there pre season demonstration of forward power and defense power.

Shelby01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxrocks 11/08/14, 11:21 am

Real deep bracket too Shelby. I heard Texans beat a u8 team 24-0 in a win that was a bit more impressive.
Ntxrocks
Ntxrocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 11/08/14, 11:32 am

My daughter played in the AYSES Summer Classic this weekend and I have to say the weather was brutal.  Not only for the players, but for the fans.  

Is there a point where games should not be played due to heat?  I realize these are young and resilient girls, but the level of play at the end of this tournament was nothing compared to the first few games.  

Maybe I'm just a wimp!
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Madman 11/08/14, 12:34 pm

Speaking of wimps, I am too lazy to check the results of the tournament. I assume Solar Red blew past everyone to easily win the championship?

Soccer Madman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pass-it 11/08/14, 12:43 pm

Big Poppy wrote:My daughter played in the AYSES Summer Classic this weekend and I have to say the weather was brutal.  Not only for the players, but for the fans.  

Is there a point where games should not be played due to heat?  I realize these are young and resilient girls, but the level of play at the end of this tournament was nothing compared to the first few games.  

Maybe I'm just a wimp!
------------------------------------------

What I always find amazing is why Tourneys, in the middle of the summer, don't use those big things way up above the fields...    what d ya call those...  

uhmm   ...   oh yeah  LIGHTS!  

and play  uhmm...      NIGHT GAMES?!!!

Would gladly pay a few extra bucks to enjoy a game under the Texas stars.   My DDs would pitch in as well  Smile    

If Tournaments marketed to night games how many teams would line up for that?  

C'Mon People...    lets hear it.     NIGHT GAMES, NIGHT GAMES, NIGHT GAMES

pass-it
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 11/08/14, 12:56 pm

Soccer Madman wrote:Speaking of wimps, I am too lazy to check the results of the tournament.  I assume Solar Red blew past everyone to easily win the championship?

Texans Montemayor took the championship in PK's over Solar Red.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby01 11/08/14, 04:04 pm

I was told that the OFC Forward did come and join the Sting team. They said she is crazy good and defiantly a game changer for sure. they said she scored about half there goals this weekend. Sting also played in the 00 bracket instead of the 01 bracket. the midfielder from OFC has not made a commitment yet. At least that is 4th party info you know how that go's. Sounds like the Solar and Sting battle continues...

Shelby01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerSchmuck 11/08/14, 05:24 pm

Does anyone know if the OFC forward is all in at Sting and left OFC. If that is the case I bet the mid and their goalie who is also top flight will be headed elsewhere before too long. Either South to one of you guys or maybe over my way east to TSC. If the other top OFC girls do move, not just the forward, it will impact things to some degree up here for sure and maybe the ECNL teams as well.
I know OFC is playing Beat The Heat this weekend and my younger dd will be there so I guess I will look for myself. Sorry to highjack your forum with OFC but it will be a big deal up here if OFC falls apart and their top girls go somewhere else.

SoccerSchmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickin-it 11/08/14, 06:50 pm

Ntxrocks wrote:Real deep bracket too Shelby.   I heard Texans beat a u8 team 24-0 in a win that was a bit more impressive.  

I really don't think anyone went into this tournament thinking they would be playing the best of the best no matter who you are. Some teams played better competition than others depending on where your team is right now. You can only play the teams that enter, right?

Anyway, at this point (season hasn't started yet), seems to me you're trying to get some games under your belt with the newly formed rosters to get a sense of where you are right now, where you see gaps and where you feel you can improve so can be better when the season does start.

Sorta like NFL preseason  Neutral

kickin-it
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxrocks 11/08/14, 07:24 pm

A little schmuck told me that it's a part time gig. Don't look to OFC to fold. Strong coach and I think there is an upside for them like Kicks sees in NPL. Anyway, I don't think east is an option for the other two as TSC is very strong in the mid and keeper position. I'd look for a migration south if anything to a team that rhymes with Rexans or Beefeaters.
Ntxrocks
Ntxrocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShoNuf 11/08/14, 07:53 pm

kickin-it wrote:
Ntxrocks wrote:Real deep bracket too Shelby.   I heard Texans beat a u8 team 24-0 in a win that was a bit more impressive.  

I really don't think anyone went into this tournament thinking they would be playing the best of the best no matter who you are. Some teams played better competition than others depending on where your team is right now. You can only play the teams that enter, right?

Anyway, at this point (season hasn't started yet), seems to me you're trying to get some games under your belt with the newly formed rosters to get a sense of where you are right now, where you see gaps and where you feel you can improve so can be better when the season does start.

Sorta like NFL preseason  Neutral

Good stuff kickin-it. These summer tournaments are a good opportunity for ALL teams to get a good sense of where they are before the season starts. You can't please everyone so you might as well do what's best for your team. My dd has always played in summer tournaments with whatever team she was on for the very reasons you mentioned.
ShoNuf
ShoNuf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby01 12/08/14, 04:09 pm

is solar not going to be playing any pre game soccer ?

Shelby01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 12/08/14, 04:18 pm

Shelby01 wrote:is solar not going to be playing any pre game soccer ?

01 ECNL team is scrimmaging the 00 Lake Highlands (Pulpanek) team this weekend.

01 LH team played in AYSES and will have inter-Solar scrimmages up to the start of the season.
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ20 12/08/14, 06:01 pm

"A little schmuck told me that it's a part time gig. Don't look to OFC to fold. Strong coach and I think there is an upside for them like Kicks sees in NPL. Anyway, I don't think east is an option for the other two as TSC is very strong in the mid and keeper position. I'd look for a migration south if anything to a team that rhymes with Rexans or Beefeaters."

Believe she is listed on the 2014-2015 u14 ECNL roster for Sting.

JJ20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxrocks 13/08/14, 07:08 pm

My daughter will be there as well so we will see. 8:30 and 11:30 start times is my kind of soccer! Small 11 v 11 bracket though.
Ntxrocks
Ntxrocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 21/08/14, 08:57 am

Judging from the result of a scrimmage last night, the best '01 team might be an '02 team.  Razz

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 21/08/14, 09:10 am

Gunners wrote:Judging from the result of a scrimmage last night, the best '01 team might be an '02 team.  Razz

I don't know (yet) what scrimmage you're talking about, but I will say this....I've been blown away by the talent of some the NTX 02s. They may not be an incredibly deep age group, but some of the top 02s are better than 99% of the 01s. The best midfielder I've seen u15 or younger is an '02.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next