North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL Results March 28/29 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL Results March 28/29

Go down

ECNL Results March 28/29 Empty ECNL Results March 28/29

Post by Alby 29/03/15, 07:48 pm

Any one got the slate of results for the weekend..looks like both Sting games missing? Anyone know the FCD and TSC scores?

Alby
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results March 28/29 Empty Re: ECNL Results March 28/29

Post by Big Poppy 29/03/15, 07:48 pm

Sting 1 FCD 3
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby 29/03/15, 07:51 pm

Thanks - Interesting result...may put Sting out of the post season.

Alby
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 30/03/15, 09:13 pm

Alby wrote:Thanks - Interesting result...may put Sting out of the post season.

The annual preseason champs can once again stack that trophy next to all of their other ones. Too much talent to under achieve year after year.

FCD continues a impressive run of beating top teams
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ringo star 04/04/15, 09:34 pm

Great showing for Texas conference Ecnl by Texans Beating Kicks and Feet beating Concorde Fire to reach the finals in the International cup!
ringo star
ringo star
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/15, 09:37 pm

ringo star wrote:Great showing for Texas conference Ecnl by Texans Beating Kicks and Feet beating Concorde Fire to reach the finals in the International cup!

Wow, and all along I thought the ECNL texas conference was inferior. Ah, it must have been just luck. Lol

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 04/04/15, 09:58 pm

All that travel beating up on national league competition probably gave the #1 team in the nation tired legs
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/15, 01:43 am

Pinnochio wrote:All that travel beating up on national league competition probably gave the #1 team in the nation tired legs

Facts: Kicks' game against texan ecnl was their 10th game in last 2 weeks starting from their vegas trip, to coming home playing LH reschedules, and DIGC.

Due to injuries, Kicks had 13 players in DIGC....played some games with 12 and at least one full bracket game with no subs.

DIGC set up a late bracket game for Kicks vs Concorde ECNL on Friday night, while feet and Texans ecnl had day games, so the 5pm semi against Texans was Kicks' 3rd game in less than 24 hours (as was Concorde's against Feet).

Opinion: Kicks legs were shot by Friday, and I was impressed they did as well as they did against Concorde ECNL.

Texans won most 50:50...so kudos to them for doing well in their own tournament, as they always seem to do. Based on the feedback kicks has been getting from college coaches thus far, they're making great impressions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 05/04/15, 07:14 am

Most humble people that are gracious do not come on here and make excuses, blaming the tournament, and crying about injuries. Every team deals with scheduling and eventually you will run into scheduling that is a nightmare to get through, second don't tell us you did not know the international cup was set up for Texans teams to advance at the expense of setting their teams up to play in the most ideal conditions, and last every team at some point deals with injuries fatigue, and tired legs it's apart of the game. Opinion, win with grace lose with even more grace. Let me see if I can help you. Texans are a good team, they were very strong today and played a great game. We are proud of our girls and their accomplishments and look forward to many great things from them in the future. Good luck Texans and go NTX. Or you can just say nothing at all!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/15, 07:51 am

It is utterly fraudulent for you to put on a mantle of humility and grace. Of course everyone is proud of their girls. Of course Texans is a good team.

A Texans parent brought up tired legs with a snarky comment about national league and a reference to kicks gotsoccer ranking. I responded with the facts, clearly distinguished from my opinion. Take from that what you will. Happy Easter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccermumz 05/04/15, 11:11 am

Funny to hear the excuses for why the kicks lost the game vs Texans. Every team has injuries and every team is getting used to playing in the heat again. What I like about the Texans organization is that they do not only teach kids how to win but how to conduct themselves with class on and off the fields--this also is told to the parents upfront. *hint*hint But then again it also starts at home. It was sad to see the Kicks crowd (parents) pissed off folding chairs and leaving before half time...mumbling things past the Texans sideline. Yes, I was at that game and I guess that attitude is passed on to their players on the field. Kicks should have gotten at least a red in the game for some hard fouls. I know there were at least a couple of yellow cards given for some nasty fouls off the ball. Remember that behavior is taught at home!
btw-This game should have been the Final! Great game to watch. :-) You win some...you lose some.. but like every game the best team that day won the game!
Happy Easter to ALL

Soccermumz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 05/04/15, 11:56 am

It appears Kicks just finished a difficult stretch of games. 10 games in 14 days is too much. Bodies require recovery time. When it's not provided, a loss is inevitable. Even a top-ranked team can't expect to play that much competition and win.

Teams getting tired take shortcuts and have lapses in judgment with rough play and/or fouls. I didn't see the game, but I've seen short-handed, tired teams do these things.

Maybe someone learns a lesson here and slows down the schedule for the girls' benefit.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 05/04/15, 02:20 pm

Soccermumz wrote:Funny to hear the excuses for why the kicks lost the game vs Texans.  Every team has injuries and every team is getting used to playing in the heat again.  What I like about the Texans organization is that they do not only teach kids how to win but how to conduct themselves with class on and off the fields--this also is told to the parents upfront. *hint*hint  But then again it also starts at home.  It was sad to see the Kicks crowd (parents) pissed off folding chairs and leaving before half time...mumbling things past the Texans sideline.  Yes, I was at that game and I guess that attitude is passed on to their players on the field.  Kicks should have gotten at least a red in the game for some hard fouls.  I know there were at least a couple of yellow cards given for some nasty fouls off the ball.  Remember that behavior is taught at home!
btw-This game should have been the Final!  Great game to watch. :-)  You win some...you lose some..  but like every game the best team that day won the game!
Happy Easter to ALL

Nice 1st post.

No excuses from me.  We lost a game. Not a big deal to me. We will lose again and again, not the first time and won't be the last time. My track record speaks for itself. I have NEVER been kicked out of a game. Never even had a yellow card (warning) given to me. I don't think any of my players have ever been RED carded.....NEVER. Keep trying to make them look bad.  

You said there were at least a couple of yellow cards given for some nasty fouls off the ball.  At least a couple means 2 or more.  Three yellow cards were given during the game.  One to each team for the exact same reason,,,,kicking the ball after whistle was blown for being offsides. Is that what you call a nasty foul? Our other yellow happen right in front of me. It was a hard challenge going up for a 50/50 ball....it was a foul but I've seen worst calls not even called.  The reality is soccer is a physical sport and you can't tell me Texans are not a physical team. The 01's are not a dirty team at all. They play hard and physical.  Again, not one of my players has ever been red carded.  Facts are facts and opinions are opinions.  

Congrats to Texans and Feet for making finals.

Happy Resurrection Sunday NTX!

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 05/04/15, 02:29 pm

allhatnocattle wrote:It appears Kicks just finished a difficult stretch of games.  10 games in 14 days is too much.  Bodies require recovery time.  When it's not provided, a loss is inevitable.  Even a top-ranked team can't expect to play that much competition and win.

Teams getting tired take shortcuts and have lapses in judgment with rough play and/or fouls.  I didn't see the game, but I've seen short-handed, tired teams do these things.

Maybe someone learns a lesson here and slows down the schedule for the girls' benefit.

The only thing we could have done different is not enter DGIC. National league was already planned and due to mother nature and all the makeup games we had to play some LHGCL games before DGIC. The LHGCL games were tough games for our girls. We had to score a goal in last 2 minutes to win 2-1 over Andro and held off Sting Donovan 3-2.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccermumz 05/04/15, 03:31 pm

Rest is as important for the girls at this age. I guess this is why ECNL only allows them to play one match per day and only about 18 matches per season, with the exception of showcases. I heard a college coach say "top athletes will train more than they play games."
Good luck to Kicks in National league!

Soccermumz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 05/04/15, 04:24 pm

jm23jm wrote:
Soccermumz wrote:Funny to hear the excuses for why the kicks lost the game vs Texans.  Every team has injuries and every team is getting used to playing in the heat again.  What I like about the Texans organization is that they do not only teach kids how to win but how to conduct themselves with class on and off the fields--this also is told to the parents upfront. *hint*hint  But then again it also starts at home.  It was sad to see the Kicks crowd (parents) pissed off folding chairs and leaving before half time...mumbling things past the Texans sideline.  Yes, I was at that game and I guess that attitude is passed on to their players on the field.  Kicks should have gotten at least a red in the game for some hard fouls.  I know there were at least a couple of yellow cards given for some nasty fouls off the ball.  Remember that behavior is taught at home!
btw-This game should have been the Final!  Great game to watch. :-)  You win some...you lose some..  but like every game the best team that day won the game!
Happy Easter to ALL

Nice 1st post.

No excuses from me.  We lost a game. Not a big deal to me. We will lose again and again, not the first time and won't be the last time. My track record speaks for itself. I have NEVER been kicked out of a game. Never even had a yellow card (warning) given to me. I don't think any of my players have ever been RED carded.....NEVER. Keep trying to make them look bad.  

You said there were at least a couple of yellow cards given for some nasty fouls off the ball.  At least a couple means 2 or more.  Three yellow cards were given during the game.  One to each team for the exact same reason,,,,kicking the ball after whistle was blown for being offsides. Is that what you call a nasty foul? Our other yellow happen right in front of me. It was a hard challenge going up for a 50/50 ball....it was a foul but I've seen worst calls not even called.  The reality is soccer is a physical sport and you can't tell me Texans are not a physical team. The 01's are not a dirty team at all. They play hard and physical.  Again, not one of my players has ever been red carded.  Facts are facts and opinions are opinions.  

Congrats to Texans and Feet for making finals.

Happy Resurrection Sunday NTX!

With all due respect coach just because your girls have never received a red card does not remotely mean that a red card hasn't been deserved many times over the years. Your girls play very physical and push the envelope at times. Texans are just as guilty of physical play so casting no stones from the cheap seats on this one.

Lance Armstrong never tested positive for EPO but that didn't mean he wasn't guilty.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDsdadforsoccer 05/04/15, 04:59 pm

Is it just me, or has it gotten pretty warm this Easter Sunday with some of the recent barbs. Why all this hate for Kicks.

Facts seem to speak for themselves. Side has done well and lost a game. 10 games in 14 seems like a lot of games. Weather probably played a huge roll into having so many games. Other teams play to win as well and you win some you lose some. Ouch on the Lance Armstrong comment man that was a low blow.

DDsdadforsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/15, 05:23 pm

You would think all of the ECNL parents would be rooting for Kicks to do well and to keep their current roster together, because if Kicks were to fall apart, guess what teams those DD's will be going to and who's minutes those DD's will be taking... affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by ShoNuf 05/04/15, 05:49 pm

Rolling Eyes

Good luck to all the teams...ECNL, National League, LHGCL, Academy, Rec...all of them. I'm just hoping at 13 years old, they still enjoy it and have fun rather than stressing over who's taking my spot. If it's taken, there's a number of other teams they can join. At the end of the day, most of them wont be seeking a professional career in soccer anyway. Go Kicks! Go Sting, Texans, D'Feeters, Solar...etc. etc..

More importantly, thanking God that we live under the new covenant and not the old one! Happy Resurrection Day, it is a day to rejoice and be glad in Him! Happy Easter!
ShoNuf
ShoNuf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down