North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2 Empty LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by sleestack 17/02/17, 02:50 pm

This site kind of sucks recently on the soccer conversation front...with Spring season getting started this weekend, let's get some '03 predictions going!!

D1:  Right now, it looks like there is three groups of teams.  
Group 1...Liverpool Elite, DT-South, DT-Patterson...has between 23-27 points, with the top in Group-2 only having 13 points.
Group 2...DeFeeters, Sting-Khan, Liverpool-Owen, DT-Stark, all grouped between 9-13 points.
Group 3...Sting-Cuevas, FCD-Red

D2:  While Grado feels like a shoe-in to move up, they did just get beat by Sting-Dunstan which gives some other teams hope.  There are a few within striking distance.  D2 feels like a top-half/bottom-half right now, with Solar-Grado, FCD-WTX, DT-Central, Solar-Wells, DT-White, Sting-Dunstan, NTX-Shirley, Sparta, and Liverpool-Raisbeck in a group at the top-half.

So prediction time...
1. Relegation:  Which team from Group-2 in D1 will be relegated with Sting-Cuevas, FCD-Red?
2. Promotion:  Which team from D2 will be promoted?
3. Future D2:  Which 7 teams from D2 will stay in D2?

I'll go with...
1. Relegation:  Liverpool-Owen
2. Promotion:  Solar Grado - not really going out on a limb here.
3. 7 Teams:  FCD-WTX, DT-Central, Sting-Dunstan, Solar-Wells, DT-White, Sparta, Liverpool-Raisbeck

Last edited by sleestack on 20/02/17, 02:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2 Empty Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by db10 17/02/17, 03:12 pm

It's a moot point. DA, coaching moves, possible / needed mergers will change everything yet again.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2 Empty Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Foxysoccermom 17/02/17, 08:01 pm

db10 wrote:It's a moot point. DA, coaching moves, possible / needed mergers will change everything yet again.

Good point d-bag. Hopefully you can finaggle your kid on to a da team next year!

Regards

Foxy.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 17/02/17, 09:26 pm

I love your comebacks, reminds me of 8th grade. You know the last year of your education.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sleestack 20/02/17, 02:31 pm

Some great discussion in this thread...thanks for the contributions!!  Rolling Eyes

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 20/02/17, 03:10 pm

Per DB10 it's a moot point. 

DA will absorb top talent from ECNL
ECNL will back fill from D1
Top D1 teams will backfill with players from other teams.
Thus you can expect a lot of movement this summer again.

Now let's add in rumors of coaches moving. That could leave one ECNL club with a big problem as that coach will not only take his current ECNL players but others from their D1 team as well. I can imagine the idea of a merger will spring to life again. It'll solve their ECNL issue but now that combined club will have 2 D1 byes and not much D1 talent. Also, by the look of it another Big 5 club won't have a D1 team but have 3 D2 teams. Will they be ok with that or try to recruit a team from elsewhere.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 20/02/17, 03:32 pm

Yeah. I wouldn't go overboard with the idea that all these players are going with the coach.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 20/02/17, 04:05 pm

I'd think there will be enough to leave a fairly big hole in Farmers Branch.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/02/17, 07:09 pm

Sure SoS, but the majority sure as hell won't be staying at DFeeters.

Big hole is an understatement ... More of a black hole.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/02/17, 10:15 am

SickofSilliness wrote:Yeah.  I wouldn't go overboard with the idea that all these players are going with the coach.
Why anyone would want to get on board that crazy train is beyond me, regardless of its destination. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 21/02/17, 02:55 pm

Name a perfect coach and I will be at their practice tonight

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/02/17, 03:03 pm

It ain't about being perfect, it's about being the slightest bit sane. Anyway, when that train departs, you can walk across the street to the other club in Farmers Branch. I know your DD can play.

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 21/02/17, 03:13 pm

"For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."

I found this on the internet. Lol

We'll see what happens. Aren't all clubs in FB?

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/02/17, 03:19 pm

Wye yes, yes they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistAndShout 21/02/17, 07:00 pm

adufresne wrote:"For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."

I found this on the internet. Lol

We'll see what happens. Aren't all clubs in FB?

At least all the good ones are right?

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/02/17, 07:03 pm

Wye yes, yes IT is.

Back to top Go down

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2 Empty Move to D1

Post by Soccahplayah 20/03/17, 05:01 pm

sleestack wrote:This site kind of sucks recently on the soccer conversation front...with Spring season getting started this weekend, let's get some '03 predictions going!!

Group 1...Liverpool Elite, DT-South, DT-Patterson...has between 23-27 points, with the top in Group-2 only having 13 points.
Group 2...DeFeeters, Sting-Khan, Liverpool-Owen, DT-Stark, all grouped between 9-13 points.

D2:  While Grado feels like a shoe-in to move up, they did just get beat by Sting-Dunstan which gives some other teams hope.  There are a few within striking distance.  D2 feels like a top-half/bottom-half right now, with Solar-Grado, FCD-WTX, DT-Central, Solar-Wells, DT-White, Sting-Dunstan, NTX-Shirley, Sparta, and Liverpool-Raisbeck in a group at the top-half.

So prediction time...
1. Relegation:  Which team from Group-2 in D1 will be relegated with Sting-Cuevas, FCD-Red?

I'll go with...
3. 7 Teams:  FCD-WTX, DT-Central, Sting-Dunstan, Solar-Wells, DT-White, Sparta, Liverpool-Raisbeck

Looks like Grado will move to D1 with no issues. I've watched many of their games and with a 15 player roster they seem to have a good thing going. If they do in fact move up to D1, will they continue to be so strong?
Soccahplayah
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 20/03/17, 05:14 pm

Lets say If the top 8 D1 teams return intact, I predict Solar Grado finishing around 7th or 8th. Unless I'm missed something.  From their history, I haven't seen they play top quality competition (any D1 teams).. Their true test will be Dallas International Girls Cup.. No disrespect to the team in anyway..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/03/17, 06:15 am

Soccahplayah wrote:
sleestack wrote:This site kind of sucks recently on the soccer conversation front...with Spring season getting started this weekend, let's get some '03 predictions going!!

So prediction time...

I'll go with...

Looks like Grado will move to D1 with no issues.  I've watched many of their games and with a 15 player roster they seem to have a good thing going.  If they do in fact move up to D1, will they continue to be so strong?    

Yes, they will continue to be strong. 50 of the top players from each big four club and 23 from D Feeters players will no longer be playing LHGCL. So, they will be playing around division 3 or 4.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccahplayah 21/03/17, 08:57 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:Lets say If the top 8 D1 teams return intact, I predict Solar Grado finishing around 7th or 8th. Unless I'm missed something.  From their history, I haven't seen they play top quality competition (any D1 teams).. Their true test will be Dallas International Girls Cup.. No disrespect to the team in anyway..

It is my opinion that they don't belong in D2. 16-0 allowing only 3 goals this whole year.
Soccahplayah
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 21/03/17, 09:15 am

Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:Lets say If the top 8 D1 teams return intact, I predict Solar Grado finishing around 7th or 8th. Unless I'm missed something.  From their history, I haven't seen they play top quality competition (any D1 teams).. Their true test will be Dallas International Girls Cup.. No disrespect to the team in anyway..

It is my opinion that they don't belong in D2.  16-0 allowing only 3 goals this whole year.  

They may belong in D1 for sure but that's D2/D3 completion they have been playing all season long. It makes a difference when you jump up a level of play.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 21/03/17, 09:39 am

Zizou wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:

So prediction time...

I'll go with...

Looks like Grado will move to D1 with no issues.  I've watched many of their games and with a 15 player roster they seem to have a good thing going.  If they do in fact move up to D1, will they continue to be so strong?    

Yes, they will continue to be strong. 50 of the top players from each big four club and 23 from D Feeters players will no longer be playing LHGCL. So, they will be playing around division 3 or 4.

No reason to bash the poster over the LHGCL post. It certainly is not what it used to be, but did not read the post as claiming it to be the top league.

It is still fun, exciting and important to the players and parents participating. No different than winning a NCAA D3 championship is fun and exciting to the participants and their fans.

Would rather read those kind of posts than the usual coaches and clubs trolling for $ posts.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 21/03/17, 09:54 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:

It is my opinion that they don't belong in D2.  16-0 allowing only 3 goals this whole year.  

They may belong in D1 for sure but that's D2/D3 completion they have been playing all season long. It makes a difference when you jump up a level of play.

Half of d-1 is d-2 to d-3 competition. Twisted Evil wouldn't call it a jump, but maybe a hop.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/03/17, 09:56 am

Lefty wrote:
Zizou wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:

So prediction time...

I'll go with...

No reason to bash the poster over the LHGCL post.  It certainly is not what it used to be, but did not read the post as claiming it to be the top league.

It is still fun, exciting and important to the players and parents participating.  No different than winning a NCAA D3 championship is fun and exciting to the participants and their fans.  

Would rather read those kind of posts than the usual coaches and clubs trolling for $ posts.

Just stating facts.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/03/17, 10:01 am

I feel Solar Grado has an excellent chance at not only making D1 but I"m going out on a limb and say middle pack possibly just outside the top three teams. If DA plays out like it is supposed to then the top three will have some major holes to fill.
Who are we kidding, Elite I'm sorry but your run is soon to come to an end. The last holdouts of the original group of that team are gone to greener pastures after this season.
The two Texan teams, well we all know that without their ECNL players they are mediocre at best. Now I'm not ruling out an exception here or there but not enough to make a difference.
There will be a huge draw from the top teams to the lower teams to try and reconsolidate their numbers this Spring.
I predict a huge upsurge in player movement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next