North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2 - Page 2 Empty Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Guest 21/03/17, 10:01 am

I feel Solar Grado has an excellent chance at not only making D1 but I"m going out on a limb and say middle pack possibly just outside the top three teams. If DA plays out like it is supposed to then the top three will have some major holes to fill.
Who are we kidding, Elite I'm sorry but your run is soon to come to an end. The last holdouts of the original group of that team are gone to greener pastures after this season.
The two Texan teams, well we all know that without their ECNL players they are mediocre at best. Now I'm not ruling out an exception here or there but not enough to make a difference.
There will be a huge draw from the top teams to the lower teams to try and reconsolidate their numbers this Spring.
I predict a huge upsurge in player movement.

Back to top Go down

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2 - Page 2 Empty Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Guest 21/03/17, 10:12 am

Nature abhors a vacuum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 21/03/17, 10:16 am

Cleansheets wrote:I feel Solar Grado has an excellent chance at not only making D1 but I"m going out on a limb and say middle pack possibly just outside the top three teams. If DA plays out like it is supposed to then the top three will have some major holes to fill.
Who are we kidding, Elite I'm sorry but your run is soon to come to an end. The last holdouts of the original group of that team are gone to greener pastures after this season.
The two Texan teams, well we all know that without their ECNL players they are mediocre at best. Now I'm not ruling out an exception here or there but not enough to make a difference.
There will be a huge draw from the top teams to the lower teams to try and reconsolidate their numbers this Spring.
I predict a huge upsurge in player movement.

Ahh, the ole catch me if you can, sink or swim, throw the bait and wait comment..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccahplayah 21/03/17, 11:00 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:Lets say If the top 8 D1 teams return intact, I predict Solar Grado finishing around 7th or 8th. Unless I'm missed something.  From their history, I haven't seen they play top quality competition (any D1 teams).. Their true test will be Dallas International Girls Cup.. No disrespect to the team in anyway..

It is my opinion that they don't belong in D2.  16-0 allowing only 3 goals this whole year.  

They may belong in D1 for sure but that's D2/D3 completion they have been playing all season long. It makes a difference when you jump up a level of play.

Understood, but it is not like the overall talent in D1 is so far above D2(D3) that there is some sort of huge gap. Honestly, the bottom five in D1 are in WAY over their heads. Grado doesn't pull from any other teams to win games. I have noticed that they have bounced back and forth between D1 and D2 since qualifying for D1 originally. My bet is that next year they will be a top performer in D1 and remain there. ECNL?
Soccahplayah
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 21/03/17, 11:38 am

I disagree, bottom two but not five.. Sting Khan sitting at #8 is better than you think and I believe Grado will have a tough time beating them if that. Same goes with DT Red, Solar Llamas & LP Owen. Again, I'm referring if Grado was to play them this year in D1. I still see Grado sitting no higher than 6th or 7th.. Bottom half of D1.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 21/03/17, 12:13 pm

OK, a bit of reality here.

1. Grado is not ECNL quality. They're an 03 team who stayed back rather than moving to 02 like most of the other teams. They're a good team but let's not get crazy. I agree with 6th or 7th. Also let's keep in mind the possibility of an entire ECNL team joining Solar group from Feet.

2. The bottom 1/2 of D1 isn't in over their head, they're just facing 3 teams that are better than the rest, play with ECNL players and probably need to be playing elsewhere. That's 6 games that the bottom teams have played out of 14, games that can become lopsided very quickly and kill any confidence that the girls may have. I've seen #4 play the bottom teams and they're better but they're not crushing them to the point that there's a huge gap.

3. Is the top half of D2 equivalent to the bottom of D1. Probably to a point. How much separation has there ever been between to bottom half of any division and the top of another? Is the bottom of the English Premier League that much better than the top of the second division? Given that does in make the parents of those teams happy? Are you that much closer to a scholarship?

Given ECNL, DA, etc...LH will be the rest of the girls. None of it will really matter. The real question is why we all sit around paying $4000 arguing of who the best team is in the 4th or 5th level division.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 21/03/17, 01:19 pm

Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:Lets say If the top 8 D1 teams return intact, I predict Solar Grado finishing around 7th or 8th. Unless I'm missed something.  From their history, I haven't seen they play top quality competition (any D1 teams).. Their true test will be Dallas International Girls Cup.. No disrespect to the team in anyway..

It is my opinion that they don't belong in D2.  16-0 allowing only 3 goals this whole year.  

They may belong in D1 for sure but that's D2/D3 completion they have been playing all season long. It makes a difference when you jump up a level of play.

Understood, but it is not like the overall talent in D1 is so far above D2(D3) that there is some sort of huge gap.  Honestly, the bottom five in D1 are in WAY over their heads.  Grado doesn't pull from any other teams to win games.  I have noticed that they have bounced back and forth between D1 and D2 since qualifying for D1 originally.  My bet is that next year they will be a top performer in D1 and remain there.  ECNL?  

Crazy talk. Would not win or tie an ECNL game all year.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 21/03/17, 01:28 pm

Lefty wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:

Understood, but it is not like the overall talent in D1 is so far above D2(D3) that there is some sort of huge gap.  Honestly, the bottom five in D1 are in WAY over their heads.  Grado doesn't pull from any other teams to win games.  I have noticed that they have bounced back and forth between D1 and D2 since qualifying for D1 originally.  My bet is that next year they will be a top performer in D1 and remain there.  ECNL?  

Crazy talk.  Would not win or tie an ECNL game all year.

Bet they win an ecnl game in April. Very Happy
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistAndShout 22/03/17, 10:01 am

ElClassico wrote:OK, a bit of reality here.

1. Grado is not ECNL quality. They're an 03 team who stayed back rather than moving to 02 like most of the other teams. They're a good team but let's not get crazy. I agree with 6th or 7th. Also let's keep in mind the possibility of an entire ECNL team joining Solar group from Feet.

2. The bottom 1/2 of D1 isn't in over their head, they're just facing 3 teams that are better than the rest, play with ECNL players and probably need to be playing elsewhere. That's 6 games that the bottom teams have played out of 14, games that can become lopsided very quickly and kill any confidence that the girls may have. I've seen #4 play the bottom teams and they're better but they're not crushing them to the point that there's a huge gap.

3. Is the top half of D2 equivalent to the bottom of D1. Probably to a point. How much separation has there ever been between to bottom half of any division and the top of another? Is the bottom of the English Premier League that much better than the top of the second division? Given that does in make the parents of those teams happy? Are you that much closer to a scholarship?

Given ECNL, DA, etc...LH will be the rest of the girls. None of it will really matter. The real question is why we all sit around paying $4000 arguing of who the best team is in the 4th or 5th level division.

This is excellent - and some more reality is this: regardless of the dilution of players for each league, a child will (or should) migrate to the right level of play that fits their development. I've heard so many say that LH will be so diluted of REAL talent. No, the talent will just move to another level, as it should. Those players that stay behind either did not pick the right team to get to that next level and are stuck playing LH D1 (I can think of a single team here) OR the kid has no interest in blending with a bunch of other elite players and wants to show off their amazing skills at a lower level OR the team in question just likes to win matches so why go where they might not be one of the best anymore? So at the end of the day, players(parents) should leverage themselves(their DDs) with the level of play they (their DDs) are ready for and the competition should adjust as such at each level. Exclamation Question

FACTORS AT PLAY HERE: First, the introduction of new leagues, second, the introduction of Age Pure, third, the introduction of DA for Girls and last but not least, parents. Parents are the leading factor in where these kids play (99% the time). Most of this stuff won't actually shake itself out for another season or two in my opinion. Money is a factor as well in many cases - money spent today for money earned tomorrow. I found this to be an interesting article - there are a ton more but this is the one I read (reality check, party of one affraid ):

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/soccer.html

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN: It means, those that think their kid is the best since sliced bread (elite status player), should migrate toward clubs that offer a DA opportunity. The next level of developing elite players may fall back into ECNL(or some other mid-level elite league) and all the rest that are truly developing will fall into LH and be divvied up divisionaly. PPL becomes the rec capital of the world and rec ceases to exist (that may be a stretch but things certainly look to point in that direction) unless people realize there are just too many damn leagues and it's time to consolidate or drive out some of the leagues and stick with those that work for everyone (that being tongue in cheek, of course). The layers of this onion we call US Soccer is immense. confused

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccahplayah 27/03/17, 06:54 pm

Lefty wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:

Crazy talk.  Would not win or tie an ECNL game all year.

I completely disagree.  The core of the team is very strong and play smart soccer.  The bottom half of DI is in DI because of their club's ability to offer them a bye.  Not really a great story to tell if you didn't earn the DI spot.  Disagree with me all you want, but the fact is that the bottom 4-5 teams are in over their heads.  With two games left, Grado has already clinched a DI spot.  They might start DI in 7-10th place next season, but I bet they climb the ladder to a top 3 spot.
Soccahplayah
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 27/03/17, 07:10 pm

Question, If they're so ready to make top 3 in D1 then why have they avoided playing D1 teams in tournaments?

I'm not knocking them, I've just heard it all before.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistAndShout 28/03/17, 09:04 am

ElClassico wrote:Question, If they're so ready to make top 3 in D1 then why have they avoided playing D1 teams in tournaments?

I'm not knocking them, I've just heard it all before.

Well my sources say they'll be playing ECNL teams very soon in the DIGC. Their flight is a stout one with DFEETERS ECNL, CHALLENGE ECNL and a team from Sweden. If they make it through the tournament with even ONE win might show who they are. I might go watch just to see what all the fuss is about.

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/17, 09:42 am

I'll second that. Grado has become my favorite sleeper. I would love for the giant to awaken during the D.I.G.C. I am going to catch one of their games. Let's see if they are truly ready.

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/03/17, 10:07 am

It will be interesting to see how one of the best lh teams does against the low end of ecnl.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by purplefrog 28/03/17, 12:47 pm

Cleansheets wrote:I'll second that. Grado has become my favorite sleeper. I would love for the giant to awaken during the D.I.G.C. I am going to catch one of their games. Let's see if they are truly ready.

I've actually see Grado play, and I've seen some ECNL games. I will be surprised if they even keep the games close during the DIGC. They are a good team, but they are going to be in for an awakening when they go from playing D2 teams to ECNL level teams. I don't think they will be able to keep up with the speed of the game. Not because they don't have the talent...but because they just haven't ever played a game at that high of a level.
purplefrog
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/17, 12:58 pm

You are absolutely right about that. The speed you see in ECNL games is crazy. I agree, there is a huge gap in play between ECNL and lets say middle of LH D1. It's not just the speed either. The individual ball control skills are impressive as well as how these girls work together to build an attack and move the ball down the field. It will be very hard for them, definately an eye opener for most of those girls. With that being said I do hope they do well though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 28/03/17, 01:01 pm

This is Sparta!
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by purplefrog 28/03/17, 01:02 pm

Cleansheets wrote:You are absolutely right about that. The speed you see in ECNL games is crazy. I agree, there is a huge gap in play between ECNL and lets say middle of LH D1. It's not just the speed either. The individual ball control skills are impressive as well as how these girls work together to build an attack and move the ball down the field. It will be very hard for them, definately an eye opener for most of those girls. With that being said I do hope they do well though.

Yes. I wasn't just referring to the actual speed of the players...but just the speed of the game in general. How fast the team moves the ball, the timing of the runs, the spacing, etc. I think it will be a struggle for them defensively.
purplefrog
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/17, 01:16 pm

Yes, I understood what you meant. I agree with that too.

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 28/03/17, 04:32 pm

Every season there's a team who's parents swear they can beat all the D1 teams even though their sole barometer is a season playing lesser competition. Now for this first time we have claims of a D2 team being as good as ECNL teams. Rolling Eyes

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 28/03/17, 05:33 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Nature abhors a vacuum.

So do cats.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/17, 05:50 pm

So does my schnauzer.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 28/03/17, 05:57 pm

So does my wife.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/17, 06:28 pm

https://ibb.co/mUmhka

Back to top Go down

Post by ddgonz22 30/03/17, 10:18 am

Razz
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccahplayah 13/04/17, 12:29 pm

Hmmmmm....Grado just beat Sweden and Sweden tied Defeeters yesterday. I heard from a Grado Dad that an LPE Dad told him that he predicts that Grado won't win a single game during Dallas Cup. I like gravy on my crow pie; not sure how the LPE Dad likes his. Haters gonna Hate!
Soccahplayah
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next