North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Playoffs coming... - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Playoffs coming...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Playoffs coming... - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs coming...

Post by AggieSoccer51 20/04/18, 02:22 pm

OLJW wrote:No clue, but if they’re like my daughters team then they probably cover the gamut. Very good game huh?

yes, it is a great game. now to PK's

AggieSoccer51
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Multivitamin 20/04/18, 02:31 pm

Congratulations to Marcus!

Great job Keeper in PKs
Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AggieSoccer51 20/04/18, 02:32 pm

Multivitamin wrote:Congratulations to Marcus!

Great job Keeper in PKs

Some good blocks there. Congrats to Marcus.

AggieSoccer51
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/04/18, 03:04 pm

Been watching soccer games now since my oldest was 5 years old, she’s 18 now. Have another that’s 16 and still going strong. I’ve never seen ANY game that means more to players, than these HS games do. I think US Soccer is making a 24K solid gold, diamond encrusted, stupid decision in discouraging HS play.

US SOCCER is running US SOCCER for US SOCCER, not for players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/04/18, 03:43 pm

OLJW wrote:Been watching soccer games now since my oldest was 5 years old, she’s 18 now. Have another that’s 16 and still going strong. I’ve never seen ANY game that means more to players, than these HS games do. I think US Soccer is making a 24K solid gold, diamond encrusted, stupid decision in discouraging HS play.

Making a blanket statement like that is just as myopic as US Soccer discouraging HS play.

It all depends on the situation. In many cases, you are absolutely correct that these HS games mean more to the girls that any club game they will ever play. I know it's that way for my DD's. There's no way in hell that they'd skip playing HS. However, they've been blessed to attend a large 6A school where the entire varsity roster is high level club players, as are most of the rosters in their district. So the level of play is high, AND they have a coach who the girls all generally like.

Not all situations in NTX are like that. If you're a DA level player who goes to a middling 4A school where half of the starters never play above rec, it's a totally different story. I can absolutely see blowing off HS for DA in a case like that. Plano West has won state championships in recent memory, yet they had several DA and ECNL players from last year's team who decided not to play this year because they had major issues with the PW head coach. HS soccer is not all peaches and cream everywhere or for every girl.

When it clicks, it's magical, and will be some of the best memories those girls will ever have. If it doesn't click, it can flat out suck big time. Even worse than club.

The great thing about NTX is that right now, we've got great, quality choices across the board that can fulfill the needs and desires of just about any player. A lot of places in TX and the rest of the US that don't have that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/04/18, 06:26 pm

Ha, I’ll stand by it.

That was a great offside call on that throw in.

Back to top Go down

Playoffs coming... - Page 2 Empty Not sure that is all true

Post by Marvelousmar 20/04/18, 06:43 pm

OLJW wrote:Been watching soccer games now since my oldest was 5 years old, she’s 18 now. Have another that’s 16 and still going strong. I’ve never seen ANY game that means more to players, than these HS games do. I think US Soccer is making a 24K solid gold, diamond encrusted, stupid decision in discouraging HS play.

I think you have to compare apples with apples. The chance to play before a couple thousand people, for your high-school to be in the rare air of being a State champion in the high-school setting where you are trying your best just to fit in adds to the importance of these matches and why you see a game that means as much to players.

Let's compare it to a State cup final with girls that they have been all over the country with in their last year to see if the passion is about the same. I understand your statement and I have watched a lot of Highschool ball this year ( go Wakeland) and I have seen them play with heart this weekend more then most of the matches I saw this entire season. This is for bragging rights in the messed up world of High-School which is big and you add that to parents, teachers, grand parents and everyone jumping on this ride it yields what you see in the games today. I also saw similar passion at a U11 game in the middle of the summer when a side is playing to try to get into Lake highlands. I saw similar passion in a U11 game when a short sided side is trying to get up a division in PPL. Passion in a game the most passionate game is a by-product of what are you playing for and why are you playing. Overall the reason for HS play is totally different and if done right good can come out of both. Most high-school games to be fair scare the crap out of me. With the turff, the kick the ball as far as you can, the 2 games a week and endless training. ( injuries anyone) I digress. I am enjoying this and cheering them on. Anything that keeps the beautiful game beautiful. Enjoy the moment as it ends way too soon.

Congrats to the Wakeland Boys and Girls, Marcus girls. ( I'll give a little love to Grapevine as well but really I'll be the loud one cheering on the Wolves tomorrow I can be so annoying)
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/04/18, 08:53 am

Here ya go OLJW. This should make you happy.

https://www.socceramerica.com/publications/article/77603/us-soccer-blundered-badly-on-high-school-soccer.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 21/04/18, 09:32 am

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mlwfrisco 21/04/18, 02:49 pm

Wakeland Girls 5A State Champions!!! 4-3 winners in PK's!

mlwfrisco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 21/04/18, 03:17 pm

Congrats to Wakeland and Grapevine. From DMN account, sounds like a heckuva game.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 23/04/18, 09:16 pm

Where do we go from here? Do we continue down the same road or take the path less traveled?

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 24/04/18, 10:39 am

Congratulations! High school soccer matters. Your victories will be remembered for the rest of your lives. a 4-3 win on PKs is the game of a lifetime. Didn't see the game but everything I heard indicates good/quality was played.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 24/04/18, 12:04 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Congratulations!   High school soccer matters.  Your victories will be remembered for the rest of your lives.  a 4-3 win on PKs is the game of a lifetime.  Didn't see the game but everything I heard indicates good/quality was played.

Great overall game, with high drama throughout. Grapevine gets on the board first with what could have been an offside goal but it was scored. Wakeland gets a free kick late in 2nd half to tie it up. Crowd goes crazy. 1st over time an excellent goal by Grapevine puts them up 2-1. A questionable call provides Wakeland a Penalty kick (but you need some luck in this game and we created some luck) this was followed by a great goal late in the 2nd overtime to give what seemed to be the victory for Grapevine. However, Wakeland would not be denied. (Hand of God) not exactly but that was the first thing I thought about in our late goal to even the match and send it to PKs. Wakeland hits all 5 of their PKs then Our keeper makes a save going the wrong way with the ball spinning back to words the goal gets up and knocks the ball away. The play was good on both sides someone has to loose and someone has to win. It was a great overall game. With Wakeland getting dominated in the first half as they have in a lot of this magical run. However, looking like the stronger side in the 2nd half as they have in most of the matches after playing a little rope a dope. Another old sports reference. Wakeland Boys back to back. Girls were a slight miss a way from beating HP last year or it could have been 2 back to back titles for Soccer town USA. Great way to send of their Coach with a state championship that he will never forget. Now if was can get one more next year wouldn't that be special.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 24/04/18, 01:38 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Congratulations!   High school soccer matters.  Your victories will be remembered for the rest of your lives.  a 4-3 win on PKs is the game of a lifetime.  Didn't see the game but everything I heard indicates good/quality was played.

You mean "Pens"...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 24/04/18, 01:43 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:

You mean "Pens"...

I hate you.
Laughing

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 24/04/18, 01:49 pm

Coach wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:

You mean "Pens"...

I hate you.
Laughing

I love you I love you I love you

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/04/18, 03:02 pm

This may not work, if it does here’s the game.

https://shar.es/1LPIfa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2