North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NTX girl soccer speculations - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

NTX girl soccer speculations

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NTX girl soccer speculations - Page 4 Empty Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by ForReal 02/05/18, 03:01 pm

Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:

What's the impact on SRPL?

same question -

as I read it -

"The current system of US Youth Soccer Regional Leagues (Eastern Regional League, Midwest Regional League, Southern Regional Premier League and the Far West Regional League) will cease to exist at the conclusion of the 2017-18 soccer season."

and yet one club posting new tryouts this morning advertising their involvement next year in SRPL

Right.  The SRPL this year is literally being restructured into the FDL next year, with Texans, Solar, FCD, Energy, Lone Star and Dash making up the participating clubs.

What about the teams from non-DA clubs that have already qualified?  Separate league?

BigE, you sure you're right about this?  I see the UYS Regional Leagues as something different than FPL.

It's all laid out here ...

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/us-youth-soccer-announces-new-leagues-structure---the-us-youth-soccer-national-leagues/

I'd say if it's posted on the USYS site, it's reputable information.  Not sure about the non GDA clubs that have qualified, but it mentions something in the announcement of honoring those that have earned Premier spots this year, next year --

BigE, isn't FPL going to be a separate league but those teams might also participate in the USYS National League? Or are you suggesting that FPL will be the regional league for USYS? I recognize they are calling it the National League Frontier Conference, but they aren't saying that it is only the GDA clubs that are included with their second teams.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/05/18, 03:11 pm

ForReal wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

same question -

as I read it -

"The current system of US Youth Soccer Regional Leagues (Eastern Regional League, Midwest Regional League, Southern Regional Premier League and the Far West Regional League) will cease to exist at the conclusion of the 2017-18 soccer season."

and yet one club posting new tryouts this morning advertising their involvement next year in SRPL

Right.  The SRPL this year is literally being restructured into the FDL next year, with Texans, Solar, FCD, Energy, Lone Star and Dash making up the participating clubs.

What about the teams from non-DA clubs that have already qualified?  Separate league?

BigE, you sure you're right about this?  I see the UYS Regional Leagues as something different than FPL.

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/us-youth-soccer-announces-new-leagues-structure---the-us-youth-soccer-national-leagues/

I'd say if it's posted on the USYS site, it's reputable information.  Not sure about the non GDA clubs that have qualified, but it mentions something in the announcement of honoring those that have earned Premier spots this year, next year --

BigE, isn't FPL going to be a separate league but those teams might also participate in the USYS National League?  Or are you suggesting that FPL will be the regional league for USYS?  I recognize they are calling it the National League Frontier Conference, but they aren't saying that it is only the GDA clubs that are included with their second teams.

In typical USSF fashion, that press release was about as clear as mud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 03:14 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:"Composite teams in any other age group, have no direct affiliation to ECNL."

It will this year with ECNL. Not sure what they will call it but it will happen.

IMO, "affiliation" doesn't mean squat unless the composite teams in the younger age groups will actually play their league matches on the same dates and at the same locations as the primary ECNL teams.

TCL as it has played out over the past 2 years, was a complete waste of time and money to the parents/players involved.  The competition level was no different to what LH D1 was before TCL, and just like LH D1 league matches, college coaches aren't showing up at TCL league matches.  So why spend the money to travel to Houston, Austin/SA, and OK if you aren't getting any college exposure benefit out of it?

FPL will be no different from TCL, unless FPL can get it right and coordinate the FPL schedule with the DA schedule.  Then, you might actually have a chance at getting some recruiting benefit from the regional travel.

As it stands today, the only benefit of TCL and FPL is to the clubs, as they no longer have to concern themselves with relegation if their #2 team in any group sucks.

Agreed DTX when it comes to TCL.  

But it looks like the plan for FDL is indeed to coordinate schedules with GDA when it comes to travel to those clubs specifically.  As I've mentioned, this is likely a major reason that the GDA clubs chose this path -- logistical efficiency.  Also, it looks like in addition to the league matches, and the USYS Championships pathway, they'll be participating in a GDA Showcase with the DPL (soon to be renamed when added to the USYS umbrella) which is the exact same concept in SoCal.

Yeah, but depending on where that FPL/DPL showcase is held, it's going to be a waste of time and money for one or both of those groups.  The DPL kids in SoCal are 2nd tier players, just like the FPL kids in TX/OK will be.  90%+ of the DPL kids aren't going to go to college outside of driving distance of SoCal, and 90+% of the FPL kids aren't going to go to college outside of driving distance of DFW, so why the hell do you need to go to a showcase to play in front of a bunch of coaches from schools that 90% of them will never even consider.

As it stands today, the kids that will make up FPL and TCL rosters, get the bulk of their recruiting exposure either from going to camps (usually the on-campus ones from schools they are interested in), or from the regional showcases like TX Cup, DIGC, FC Dallas, Lonestar, Lexus Cup, etc.   Maybe, if the DA and ECNL clubs can figure out how to coordinate the FPL and Composite/TCL schedules with the #1 teams, they may actually get some coach traffic at league matches.  If they can't, then those players are being no better served than if all of those teams had just stayed in LH and played the necessary showcases, and their parents would save a couple thousand $$$ per year.

I'd argue that $ spent isn't everything to do with college recruitment.  

I also disagree with this as I believe that more than 1 of 10 of those kids have aspirations of going to a school outside of their immediate home area, and the given that there were 300-400 college coaches at each of the first two ever GDA Showcases, it's a bit naive to say that a spattering of coaches from all over (including near their hometowns) won't ever wander on over to watch an FDL/DPL match.  I saw recruitment of the DPL kids first hand at the Silverlakes Showcase last November.

And as I mentioned, it looks like the GDA clubs will be coordinating league play schedules with FDL since the TX + OK clubs are all in the same boat.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 03:24 pm

ForReal wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

same question -

as I read it -

BigE, isn't FPL going to be a separate league but those teams might also participate in the USYS National League?  Or are you suggesting that FPL will be the regional league for USYS?  I recognize they are calling it the National League Frontier Conference, but they aren't saying that it is only the GDA clubs that are included with their second teams.

From what I've heard and read, the way I understand it all is that FDL (the "P" is silent fellas Wink ) will be completely taking the place of the current SRPL for USYS next year and going forward.  If ya have a look at both the USYS and the Texans announcement (https://www.dallastexans.com/news_article/show/912843?referrer_id=842305), I'll bet you'll be able to put 2 and 2 together yourselves.

If you still have questions, I'd bet Chris over at USYS would be happy to answer ... cmoore@usyouthsoccer.org

Last edited by Big Ern on 02/05/18, 03:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thought I should offer a much better source of info)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 03:31 pm

"In typical USSF fashion, that press release was about as clear as mud."

Not cool to get USSF confused with USYS there DTX ... Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 02/05/18, 03:33 pm

Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

From what I've heard and read, the way I understand it all is that FDL (the "P" is silent fellas Wink ) will be completely taking the place of the current SRPL for USYS next year and going forward.  If ya have a look at both the USYS and the Texans announcement (https://www.dallastexans.com/news_article/show/912843?referrer_id=842305), I'll bet you'll be able to put 2 and 2 together yourselves.

If you still have questions, I'd bet Chris over at USYS would be happy to answer ... cmoore@usyouthsoccer.org

I'm not seeking to create a debate.  We shouldn't have to put two and two together and I'm mostly just curious because the Texans' press release says, "In addition to the FDL league, teams will be allowed to play in USYS National League . . ."

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/05/18, 03:45 pm

Big Ern wrote:
I'd argue that $ spent isn't everything to do with college recruitment.  

I also disagree with this as I believe that more than 1 of 10 of those kids have aspirations of going to a school outside of their immediate home area, and the given that there were 300-400 college coaches at each of the first two ever GDA Showcases, it's a bit naive to say that a spattering of coaches from all over (including near their hometowns) won't ever wander on over to watch an FDL/DPL match.  I saw recruitment of the DPL kids first hand at the Silverlakes Showcase last November.

And as I mentioned, it looks like the GDA clubs will be coordinating league play schedules with FDL since the TX + OK clubs are all in the same boat.

Never said that. The coaches will wander over, and maybe something will come out of it for 1 or 2 kids out of 100. However, for the 90+% of the other kids, they are getting nothing out of it. I'm going to stick to my 90%+ numbers as I think they are pretty accurate from reading over many different college commitment lists over the years, and looking at many different college rosters (again, I'm talking about the kids from the #2 teams at these clubs, not the kids from the #1 teams from these clubs).

Maybe >10% of those kids have aspirations of going to a college outside of driving distance. Maybe >10% will end up there for academics, or because Mommy or Daddy went there, but >10% will NOT end up at a school like that AND be playing soccer at that school. Just ain't happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/05/18, 03:48 pm

Big Ern wrote:"In typical USSF fashion, that press release was about as clear as mud."

Not cool to get USSF confused with USYS there DTX ... Wink

Oh, trust me, I know exactly what I was saying. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/05/18, 04:06 pm

Big Ern wrote:

Forgot to mention... For the sake of the FDL players, I hope you are correct with this, but I'll believe it when I see it. The ECNL clubs said that was their intention with TCL when it was introduced (at least for the league matches when 2 ECNL clubs were playing each other), but for the most part, it never materialized.

The #2 teams at these clubs always manage to get treated like #2 teams. Don't see why changing the acronym or changing the governing body will change the behavior.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 02/05/18, 04:16 pm

Solar parents got an interesting email today...Anyone care to share?

Oh, and if you have text messages between you and the coaches or managers, please share that too.

Welcome the SS.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 02/05/18, 04:34 pm

soccertard wrote:Solar parents got an interesting email today...Anyone care to share?

Oh, and if you have text messages between you and the coaches or managers, please share that too.

Welcome the SS.

You mean the email that confirmed that there are now two "big" wigs at Solar?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 02/05/18, 04:38 pm

Very delicious email.

Can anyone share some text messages between the current parents and coaches/managers?
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 02/05/18, 04:49 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:
soccertard wrote:Solar parents got an interesting email today...Anyone care to share?

Welcome the SS.

You’re funny....lmao

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 02/05/18, 04:51 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:

Welcome the SS.

You’re funny....lmao

Bodhisattva thanks you for engaging in humor.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/05/18, 04:58 pm

Sounds like too many chiefs in the teepee who's scalp is on the totem pole.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/05/18, 05:19 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:"Composite teams in any other age group, have no direct affiliation to ECNL."

It will this year with ECNL. Not sure what they will call it but it will happen.

IMO, "affiliation" doesn't mean squat unless the composite teams in the younger age groups will actually play their league matches on the same dates and at the same locations as the primary ECNL teams.

TCL as it has played out over the past 2 years, was a complete waste of time and money to the parents/players involved.  The competition level was no different to what LH D1 was before TCL, and just like LH D1 league matches, college coaches aren't showing up at TCL league matches.  So why spend the money to travel to Houston, Austin/SA, and OK if you aren't getting any college exposure benefit out of it?

FPL will be no different from TCL, unless FPL can get it right and coordinate the FPL schedule with the DA schedule.  Then, you might actually have a chance at getting some recruiting benefit from the regional travel.

As it stands today, the only benefit of TCL and FPL is to the clubs, as they no longer have to concern themselves with relegation if their #2 team in any age group sucks.

This is spot on. I’d even go as far as saying a number of these teams would struggle keeping pace with many LH D2 teams throughout the duration of complete league schedule.

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/05/18, 06:19 pm

This story sounds familar... hmmmm.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 02/05/18, 06:24 pm

You all are just a bunch of good ol boys that don't like change for the sake of change. I'm sure it's an issue with the letters. Tcl is bad, fdl is good. All better now, money goes to a different place and it's new and improved. Chaos is good...right bige?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 06:31 pm

soccerjack wrote:You all are just a bunch of good ol boys that don't like change for the sake of change. I'm sure it's an issue with the letters. Tcl is bad, fdl is good. All better now, money goes to a different place and it's new and improved. Chaos is good...right bige?

Duuude.  You're startin' to live up to your name --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/05/18, 06:37 pm

Rec was no good PPL was no good LH was no good TCL no good now we got DPL...the pyramid is expanding. More like a conspiracy.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 02/05/18, 11:02 pm

Big Ern wrote:
soccerjack wrote:You all are just a bunch of good ol boys that don't like change for the sake of change. I'm sure it's an issue with the letters. Tcl is bad, fdl is good. All better now, money goes to a different place and it's new and improved. Chaos is good...right bige?

Do you ever read your own posts?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 02/05/18, 11:36 pm

ForReal wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:

I'm not seeking to create a debate.  We shouldn't have to put two and two together and I'm mostly just curious because the Texans' press release says, "In addition to the FDL league, teams will be allowed to play in USYS National League . . ."

BigE, tell me I’m wrong. Or admit you are wrong: https://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs/youth-girls/six-girls-da-clubs-expand-to-compete-in-frontier-development-league/

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 03/05/18, 12:35 am

soccerjack wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Do you ever read your own posts?  

Mornin' jackie --

Rather than this ^ doltishness (to be honest, not even sure if that's a word, but it just fits here doesn't it?), how bout ya come up with something a bit more bonafide.  You know ... Rather than mindlessly throw out sarcastic, condescending, fallacious stuff like this just because, maybe provide a tidbit (since you're so keen on breaking my balls) from this thread I've written that in your mind is senseless, misguided, absolutely false, whatever --

Cuz that'd be super.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 03/05/18, 12:41 am

ForReal wrote:
ForReal wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:

BigE, tell me I’m wrong. Or admit you are wrong: https://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs/youth-girls/six-girls-da-clubs-expand-to-compete-in-frontier-development-league/

Really ... This ^?  Astounding.  May wanna read through that one again.

"And the post game show is brought to you by ..... Christ, I can't find it.  To hell with it!" -- Harry Doyle

The reality is here, Mr. FoReal, that sifting through and posting another club announcement in an effort to debate (exactly what you mentioned ya didn't want to do) 8+ hours after the convo ended is a bit perturbing isn't it?  Especially given that not a shred of this one contains anything at all contradictory to any of what I've written today (err ... yesterday).  So.  Alrighty then.

Neutral

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 03/05/18, 06:32 am

Let's sit around the campfire and roast some weinies and marshmallows and sing songs together.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 03/05/18, 06:53 am

All this and I still can’t believe SA and GA are at Solar...

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next