North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Week 2(for most) Matchups22/09/21, 01:36 pmStraighttalk
Looking For a Scrimmage22/09/21, 09:23 amDallasSurf
Looking For a Scrimmage22/09/21, 09:17 amDallasSurf
Fees Fees...20/09/21, 01:33 pmAnonymousCoward
Solar 03G East: Coach Simon Annis19/09/21, 07:39 amhjm
ECNL Playoffs16/09/21, 11:53 pmBig Ern
Week 1 Matchups14/09/21, 08:14 amYoQuieroSoccer
Saints SC 0611/09/21, 10:18 pmCoachTan
BVB 10G Green - Looking to Add a Defender11/09/21, 04:43 pmAshlock09
ECNL-RL 2021-2022- Texas League09/09/21, 03:16 pmsmugrr
Manchester SC 07G Albion Player Search08/09/21, 10:48 pmalbionunitedfc@gmail.com
TOURNAMENT: VETERAN HEROES CUP - Nov 12-14, 202107/09/21, 01:43 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - Nov. 19-2107/09/21, 01:42 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - Dec. 3-507/09/21, 01:41 pmU90C
STING 12B / 13B (AXON) - The Colony/Frisco01/09/21, 11:47 pmmaxon
STING 12B / 13B (AXON) - The Colony/Frisco01/09/21, 11:41 pmmaxon
LC United 06 (Corinth/Denton area) - Need couple of players01/09/21, 10:45 pmLC United
07 ECNL01/09/21, 11:48 amcenTex
BVB 13G Black 31/08/21, 12:14 pmStingHeedum
Solar 09 Castro D1 GCL/NPL looking to add a player!27/08/21, 08:26 amlewi9
Texas ECNL Final Club Standings (2020-21)25/08/21, 09:03 pmHooper214
ECNL RL NTX - TX Spirit/Sting 06 Khoury24/08/21, 02:24 pm06TXSpiritRedNorth
2013 girl’s bvb team24/08/21, 01:45 pmballhawg-15
Gators 13 Boys - One Open Spot23/08/21, 11:12 pmGatorsOfficial
Evolution 08G Megaw - Looking to add players to the roster 23/08/21, 02:13 pmcoachgreggmegaw
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15031 registered users
The newest registered user is Bsunccgrd

Our users have posted a total of 203374 messages in 30800 subjects

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by PLAYERONE 06/03/20, 09:06 am

The same can be said for the 06 and 07 landscape. So if your an 08 or later and consider yourself a top player and not at FCD or Solar. LEAVE NOW!!!

PLAYERONE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 48
Join date : 2019-03-20

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 06/03/20, 12:01 pm

PLAYERONE wrote:The above is a great testimony that the cream rises to the top.  All of the best players have and will always  go to FCD and Solar when players are about 12 for these 2 05 teams are clearly the best in the area and by far.  
FCD is a really good team. After that, there's a small group of pretty good teams.

__________________________________________________
When everyone is super, no one will be!
Syndrome

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 515
Points : 4405
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by smugrr 06/03/20, 03:21 pm

However, I would add that if you want to play for your high school, unfortunately you will have to forego DA and go ECNL. For many players whose sights are not set on the national team, but still want a look-see by D1 coaches, that is a better alternative.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 2150
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by timmyh 06/03/20, 04:15 pm

smugrr wrote:However, I would add that if you want to play for your high school, unfortunately you will have to forego DA and go ECNL. For many players whose sights are not set on the national team, but still want a look-see by D1 coaches, that is a better alternative.

ECNL is not a "better" alternative, but it is just a different alternative and definitely a very viable one.  If being on a high school soccer team is important to a player, they can still accomplish the majority of their goals by playing club soccer and high school.  

But if becoming the very best soccer player one can become and maximizing their chances of being an impact player in college is the primary goal, you tell me which is going to produce a better college prospect and a player that is more fully maximizing their potential...


  • Practicing with very good players for 7 months a year while playing games against varied quality of opponents in the Texas ECNL Conference in addition to spending 3 months doing the same with an even lesser quality of player you find at most, but not all, High School programs.

    Or...
    Training with the more advanced elite players that tend to congregate at Solar or FC Dallas four days a week for 10 months a year and playing games in the Frontier DA.



Those characteristics may differ depending on the region, but in Dallas the variance between the two options (DA or ECNL/HS) is quite clear.  

For some, the HS sacrifice is worth it.  For others with different priorities, it isn't.  I think the DA/ECNL split sucks, but the only silver lining is there is now a bit more variation of choice for finding the proper fit for each individual and their own personal ambitions.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 336
Points : 2620
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by smugrr 06/03/20, 04:26 pm

The answer would be a logical one that will never happen. Major clubs would have two teams, one in each classification (ala Solar) but neither league is going to let that happen over an extended period of time since the net result would be a, more or less formal, two tiered system. That, in fact, may be the way it is right now anyway but at least the ECNL only clubs can focus their efforts/recruiting on the ECNL. And so far ECNL is still getting a substantial amount of people into D1 programs.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 2150
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by timmyh 06/03/20, 04:29 pm

smugrr wrote:The answer would be a logical one that will never happen. Major clubs would have two teams, one in each classification (ala Solar) but neither league is going to let that happen over an extended period of time since the net result would be a, more or less formal, two tiered system. That, in fact, may be the way it is right now anyway but at least the ECNL only clubs can focus their efforts/recruiting on the ECNL.  And so far ECNL is still getting a substantial amount of people into D1 programs.

Good points and I agree. I also agree it won't happen and we're stuck with this current predicament that best serves nobody.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 336
Points : 2620
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by boilerjoe_96 06/03/20, 05:25 pm

PLAYERONE wrote:The above is a great testimony that the cream rises to the top.  All of the best players have and will always  go to FCD and Solar when players are about 12 for these 2 05 teams are clearly the best in the area and by far.  

Ehh, 2/3s in 07s.

boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 646
Points : 4178
Join date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by jogobonito06 06/03/20, 08:20 pm

PLAYERONE wrote:The above is a great testimony that the cream rises to the top.  All of the best players have and will always  go to FCD and Solar when players are about 12 for these 2 05 teams are clearly the best in the area and by far.  

So far off the mark it's not funny. And we've been with one of those two for years.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 354
Points : 2899
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by Soccerates01 07/03/20, 10:49 am

There will be only two North Texas ECNL clubs going forward next year. Solar has officially announced they are stepping out of ECNL

smugrr wrote:The answer would be a logical one that will never happen. Major clubs would have two teams, one in each classification (ala Solar) but neither league is going to let that happen over an extended period of time since the net result would be a, more or less formal, two tiered system. That, in fact, may be the way it is right now anyway but at least the ECNL only clubs can focus their efforts/recruiting on the ECNL.  And so far ECNL is still getting a substantial amount of people into D1 programs.

Soccerates01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 55
Points : 2562
Join date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by PLAYERONE 07/03/20, 11:06 am

@jogabonito06

UhHh what?

PLAYERONE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 48
Points : 974
Join date : 2019-03-20

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by NoSpinZone 07/03/20, 02:09 pm

Soccerates01 wrote:There will be only two North Texas ECNL clubs going forward next year. Solar has officially announced they are stepping out of ECNL

smugrr wrote:The answer would be a logical one that will never happen. Major clubs would have two teams, one in each classification (ala Solar) but neither league is going to let that happen over an extended period of time since the net result would be a, more or less formal, two tiered system. That, in fact, may be the way it is right now anyway but at least the ECNL only clubs can focus their efforts/recruiting on the ECNL.  And so far ECNL is still getting a substantial amount of people into D1 programs.

Texans?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 3307
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 918soccer 08/03/20, 05:48 pm

Link to the official announcement?

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 67
Points : 1474
Join date : 2017-11-20

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by KicknBalls 09/03/20, 12:58 pm

918soccer wrote:Link to the official announcement?


this should make you happy, tsc may be able to compete and get out of the cellar.



KicknBalls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Points : 1027
Join date : 2019-01-04

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 918soccer 09/03/20, 11:25 pm

Good burn kicknballs, I haven’t heard sophomoric whit like that since last year’s class of newbies. Lemme guess, U13?

Back to my original question (grown-ups only please), did Solar make an official announcement?

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 67
Points : 1474
Join date : 2017-11-20

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 05DD 09/03/20, 11:32 pm

918soccer wrote:Good burn kicknballs, I haven’t heard sophomoric whit like that since last year’s class of newbies. Lemme guess, U13?

Back to my original question (grown-ups only please), did Solar make an official announcement?
Haven't seen Solar's announcement, but saw Real Colorado's tweet that they were returning to ECNL. With 2 teams per age group.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 120
Points : 3241
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by timmyh 09/03/20, 11:48 pm

This might be a tipping point of sorts with Real dropping out of DA. I can't imagine Texas DA teams are going to spend all that travel money heading to Colorado just to help the Rush girls develop. Sporting KC is good, but Omaha is a joke and that two team trip might also be on the verge of falling apart. Lonestar may be next? And then does Solar drop ECNL and choose DA, or take the same two team offer for ECNL?  

This current situation isn't tenable.  Has to be more change on the horizon.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 336
Points : 2620
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by timmyh 10/03/20, 12:35 am

Texas now should look out for its own best interest. That's 4 ECNL teams in Colorado and 1 DA team. Let them do their own thing. Let Omaha and KC also do their own thing (there's a 7 team conference together... 10 if you ignore the below and add Oklahoma). Bye.

I propose a single Texas/OK Conference consisting of 5 three team pods...

Oklahoma Bracket - 1. TSC 2. Energy 3. Celtic
Houston bracket - 1. Albion 2. Dash. 3. Challenge
Central bracket - 1. Lonestar 2. Classics Elite 3. Sting Austin
Dallas bracket - 1. FCD 2. DFeeters 3. Solar B
NTX bracket - 1. Solar A 2. Sting Dallas 3. Texans

Start each season with home and home games against your own pod to determine seeding which determines your 4th game against each pod (that won't count toward standings, but will be made a "cup" game with three eventual winners - one from each seed). Each club plays a home and home against each pod. Two games weekends for the most part (the six intra-Dallas teams can spread it out with one game per weekend).  Travel is minimal. No plane trips.

Play each seed once and then the 4th pod game against the same seed (4th game doesn't count in standings, but it makes for an extra meaningful and competitive game as a "cup" game...i guess the first round of intra-pod games also don't count towards standings, just for seeding... So there's one game against each team that counts toward standings and playoff placement and then 6 "cup" games against similarly ranked opponents).

20 total games each, plus showcases, tournaments, and playoffs. Perfect.

You could convince me to cut a club or two (Sting Austin and Celtic), or to let the OK teams go play with Colorado. You probably have to give FCD a 2nd team to get their buy in. But even without all that, the above seems better than what we have now for every single family in every one of those clubs.

Take high school season off, but for those that don't want to play high school, schedule a few futsal tournaments to fill the hole in the schedule and make it a big thing. Maybe have a small sided tourney. Pods can combine players to make "regional" teams for these events, if need be.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 336
Points : 2620
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by RIP Lil Peep 10/03/20, 07:50 am

timmyh wrote:This might be a tipping point of sorts with Real dropping out of DA. I can't imagine Texas DA teams are going to spend all that travel money heading to Colorado just to help the Rush girls develop. Sporting KC is good, but Omaha is a joke and that two team trip might also be on the verge of falling apart. Lonestar may be next? And then does Solar drop ECNL and choose DA, or take the same two team offer for ECNL?  

This current situation isn't tenable.  Has to be more change on the horizon.


Lonestar announced a couple weeks ago they are out of DA and all (boys/girls) in ECNL

RIP Lil Peep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 13
Points : 1130
Join date : 2018-09-05

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 5050Ball 10/03/20, 08:28 am

https://realcolorado.net/real-colorado-is-baacckkkk/

5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 247
Points : 2559
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 5050Ball 10/03/20, 08:34 am

RIP Lil Peep wrote:
timmyh wrote:This might be a tipping point of sorts with Real dropping out of DA. I can't imagine Texas DA teams are going to spend all that travel money heading to Colorado just to help the Rush girls develop. Sporting KC is good, but Omaha is a joke and that two team trip might also be on the verge of falling apart. Lonestar may be next? And then does Solar drop ECNL and choose DA, or take the same two team offer for ECNL?  

This current situation isn't tenable.  Has to be more change on the horizon.


Lonestar announced a couple weeks ago they are out of DA and all (boys/girls) in ECNL

Haven't seen the girls announcement.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 247
Points : 2559
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by KicknBalls 10/03/20, 09:08 am

918soccer wrote:Good burn kicknballs, I haven’t heard sophomoric whit like that since last year’s class of newbies. Lemme guess, U13?

Back to my original question (grown-ups only please), did Solar make an official announcement?


enjoy it, as your boy Barry runs the program into the ground.

KicknBalls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Points : 1027
Join date : 2019-01-04

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by KicknBalls 10/03/20, 09:09 am

RIP Lil Peep wrote:
timmyh wrote:This might be a tipping point of sorts with Real dropping out of DA. I can't imagine Texas DA teams are going to spend all that travel money heading to Colorado just to help the Rush girls develop. Sporting KC is good, but Omaha is a joke and that two team trip might also be on the verge of falling apart. Lonestar may be next? And then does Solar drop ECNL and choose DA, or take the same two team offer for ECNL?  

This current situation isn't tenable.  Has to be more change on the horizon.


Lonestar announced a couple weeks ago they are out of DA and all (boys/girls) in ECNL

Austin got MLS and will get DA Program

KicknBalls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Points : 1027
Join date : 2019-01-04

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by WinTheChipzRdown 10/03/20, 09:49 am

Real Colorado is out of the DA officially next fall for the girls side. Getting two ECNL teams.
https://realcolorado.net/real-colorado-is-baacckkkk/

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 95
Points : 1094
Join date : 2019-01-16

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by mykidsmom 10/03/20, 01:22 pm

Texans is out of DA on the girls' side, too.


https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/2020/03/10/real-colorado-and-dallas-texans-join-ecnl-girls-for-2020-2021-season/

mykidsmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 17
Points : 2640
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 - Page 4 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum