North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NPL question Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

NPL question

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NPL question Empty NPL question

Post by hjm 17/07/19, 07:09 pm

How many NPL teams does each club get for each age group?

hjm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

NPL question Empty Re: NPL question

Post by brazos 17/07/19, 09:01 pm

As many that want to fork up the money to join a subpar travel league?

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 21/07/19, 05:17 pm

If you want to be challenged and developed at a high level this is the league for you.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 22/07/19, 09:29 am

Yes, you can develop with Bend me over and his DD.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 22/07/19, 03:27 pm

If you got money Zizou you can play in the NPL.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Balotelli45 23/07/19, 06:55 am

All these leagues, and fake National Championships have to stop. This is why soccer is so expensive in the US. Why travel, if you are going to play the 300 ranked team....Why have a "National championship tourney" where you play the 226th team in the final.......Parents are getting robbed blind.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 23/07/19, 07:42 am

As long as you have parents like Bendmeover with expendable cash and dream of their DD’s playing in the spot light with a pot of gold potentially at the end of the rainbow. Then these leagues and teams will continue, with the understanding their is a new waive of misinformed naive parents popping up continuously.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 23/07/19, 10:17 pm

The pot of gold is there Zizou. Unicorns and rainbows.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Mamasita 24/07/19, 12:50 am

A great big congratulations is in order for the Fever 05 for winning the ECNL National Championship!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Now send all your players over to FC Dallas so they can win the real National Championship in the DA.
Frisco Mamasita
Frisco Mamasita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 24/07/19, 10:23 am

So obviously Fever didn't win ECNL championship, and they were beaten at USYS Regionals. So which championship did they win? Or is Hooper trolling as usual?
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 24/07/19, 12:25 pm

Per Facebook posts, they beat an ECNL team in the final yesterday in Colorado to win the NPL National Cup.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balotelli45 24/07/19, 12:42 pm

timmyh wrote:Per Facebook posts, they beat an ECNL team in the final yesterday in Colorado to win the NPL National Cup.

Go look at the team rankings in Us youth soccer ranking. The team was ranked #206 in the nation. Actually, the Fever team is a really good team. This is no knock on the girls. The system is broken. The fact that tourneys are not open to whoever, and you have to be part of a big club to play certain teams is not right.... But it’s also not right for these new leagues and clubs to sell these tourney’s as real competition. The big clubs still win, because they just send their 3rd or fourth team to these lesser tourneys.

To pay to travel to these fake National championships doesn’t make sense. The club, the leagues and the parents, who want to say my kid is a national champion get the benefit. Not the kids. Kids have fun and make memories at any tourney.....This is the everyone gets a trophy mentality...

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmSoccerfan 24/07/19, 01:02 pm

Yeah, they should do away with all national championships except one. NCAA DI should be the only league in college sports to have a national championship. DII, DIII, NAIA, etc. shouldn't be allowed to have a championship. Those kids don't work as hard and don't deserve a chance to play for something.
IAmSoccerfan
IAmSoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by G21DD 24/07/19, 01:05 pm

They market it as exposure to college coaches.  My kid went to NPL finals and there is some but not much and not really schools she's interested in.  Think showcases and id camps are better options unless you are DA or ECNL.

G21DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balotelli45 24/07/19, 01:21 pm

IAmSoccerfan wrote:Yeah, they should do away with all national championships except one.  NCAA DI should be the only league in college sports to have a national championship.  DII, DIII, NAIA, etc. shouldn't be allowed to have a championship.  Those kids don't work as hard and don't deserve a chance to play for something.

The difference is in education....A lot of parents don’t know the difference....I didn’t, with my first kid. I learned later. I have talked to parents, who thought, they literally are playing the best competition. Only the crazy folks like me, look at rankings...and most of the time, the D1 to NAIA talent is different... But with the independents it’s different, their kids are a lot of times as good, as the big clubs, but because of the system, they don’t get an opportunity to play the big club top teams...That’s not right... I don’t think the answer is to create all these other leagues...I think the answer is to create levels where every team has an opportunity to be number 1, like basketball.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 24/07/19, 01:50 pm

Balotelli45 wrote:
IAmSoccerfan wrote:
The difference is in education....A lot of parents don’t know the difference....I didn’t, with my first kid.  I learned later.  I have talked to parents, who thought, they literally are playing the best competition.  Only the crazy folks like me, look at rankings...and most of the time, the D1 to NAIA talent is different... But with the independents it’s different, their kids are a lot of times as good, as the big clubs, but because of the system, they don’t get an opportunity to play the big club top teams...That’s not right... I don’t think the answer is to create all these other leagues...I think the answer is to create levels where every team has an opportunity to be number 1, like basketball.  

That systems exists.  It's called APL/PPL -> LHGCL -> Frontier League -> Regionals -> National Championship.  ECNL/ECRL/NPL are club managed leagues to to develop and have a place for kids to play.  LHGCL/Frontier League/National League are the only leagues you actually have to qualify for.  When clubs started expanding beyond 1 team per age group, it became too hard to qualify for LHGCL.  When LHCGL wouldn't change the rules to allow clubs more "flexibility" beyond CPP the clubs picked up their balls and created their own sand box..  It all started with ENCL and has just gotten crazy ever since.  The question is did LH make a mistake by not expanding fast enough to accommodate the growing landscape for girls soccer.  I think Junior Academy league is a great addition to LH but the D1/D2/D3 system needs to change.  Too many kids playing soccer and not enough quality spots to play.  Plus with the pool concept, it's not about a single team anymore because the clubs have sometimes 4-8 teams per age group.

QT by far is the best tournament out there because it means something more than kids posing with a trophy for a facebook photo.  This being said, the kids probably could care less about LH as a league because tournaments are way more fun.. The travel, the hotels, kids getting off the parents leash, hangin out and doing stupid stuff, that's what they care about.  Lots of stuff for the soccer leaders to think about before they beat each other up beyond repair. Of course it all starts with USYS vs US Club.  Soccer is the only sport besides the jacked up word of boxing that seemingly have 2 governing bodies

Just my 2 cents.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 24/07/19, 02:32 pm

Baseball has several governing bodies. Some teams go to tournaments sponsored by a particular body because if you win enough, a governing body moves you up from A to AA to AAA to Majors and they want to keep winning trophies. So they go to tournaments held by a different organization. Which does not result in bumping you up.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Mamasita 25/07/19, 10:19 pm

IAmSoccerfan wrote:Yeah, they should do away with all national championships except one.  NCAA DI should be the only league in college sports to have a national championship.  DII, DIII, NAIA, etc. shouldn't be allowed to have a championship.  Those kids don't work as hard and don't deserve a chance to play for something.
Amen Sister!!!
Frisco Mamasita
Frisco Mamasita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 26/07/19, 12:23 pm

Unicorns and Rainbows. I see the pot of gold.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 27/07/19, 08:57 am

Balotelli45 wrote:
timmyh wrote:Per Facebook posts, they beat an ECNL team in the final yesterday in Colorado to win the NPL National Cup.

Go look at the team rankings in Us youth soccer ranking. The team was ranked #206 in the nation.  Actually, the Fever team is a really good team. This is no knock on the girls. The system is broken. The fact that tourneys are not open to whoever, and you have to be part of a big club to play certain teams is not right.... But it’s also not right for these new leagues and clubs to sell these tourney’s as real competition. The big clubs still win, because they just send their 3rd or fourth team to these lesser tourneys.

To pay to travel to these fake National championships doesn’t make sense.  The club, the leagues and the parents, who want to say my kid is a national champion get the benefit. Not the kids. Kids have fun and make memories at any tourney.....This is the everyone gets a trophy mentality...

These parents and their ridiculous Facebook posts.

"Our team just lost in the National Finals. We are the #2 team in the US."

Seriously? You may be fooling your gullible and ignorant "friends" but anyone who knows anything knows you aren't even close.

Does she play DA? Nope. ECNL? Nope. Any league we have actually ever heard of? Won any tournaments of note?

So a group of 3rd and 4th place teams from a variety of clubs came together to form a league, create their own playoffs of teams ranked around 200 in the country, and you go out and post that your daughter's runner-up team is "#2 in the US"?

Please. Think before you put that on Facebook, where people who actually know what you are doing will see it.

(not referring to the Fever team above, but another DFW team in another age group - just a good thread to point out the ridiculousness)

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 31/07/19, 09:55 am

There's gold em them hills!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Wannabe 31/07/19, 09:31 pm

NPL Team list
https://events.gotsport.com/events/teamlist.aspx?eventid=74565&showall=true

Based on last years results for North Texas teams, each group has a large variation from LHGCL Div 1, 2, 3 and a few PPL teams. Most are LHGCL Div 2 & 3 teams. So why are we playing OK, AR, KS, LA?

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 01/08/19, 08:37 am

Including, in U13, some '08 teams playing up.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 01/08/19, 08:46 am

smugrr wrote:Including, in U13, some '08 teams playing up.

Yep, we've finally reached the point where there are more leagues than there are teams to fill them. 08 teams will be playing LHGCL D1 as well.

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 01/08/19, 10:21 am

The only gold I've found is fools gold.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content