North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

02's getting toooooo quiet - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

02's getting toooooo quiet

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

02's getting toooooo quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: 02's getting toooooo quiet

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 08:39 am

go99 wrote:Come on LK you showed some really poor judgement by allowing your dd on this forum. Kids are called out all the time on here. There is a generally accepted rule of no names and often numbers are not used but something is used to identify the subject. Tell your dd not to worry about what someone on a forum thinks about her. Believe me if she wasn't good enough DM would have cut her already. So either you are new to the forum or incredibly naieve. Keep you kids off the forum. There is nothing good or usefull for them here.

I did not "allow" it. It was an accident. I did tell her not to worry that it was a stupid adult with poor judgment but in the face of 9 year old tears, I lashed out. I'm not naive; I just hate comments with veiled innuendos by parents wanting to make a jab at a player who they think is weak. It wasn't about player movement. So, it was probably over the top reply but hey, I got things hopping on the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 08:56 am

Did I just say the 02's were boring and civilized last week? My mistake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 05/07/11, 09:01 am

twomattiesmom wrote:Did I just say the 02's were boring and civilized last week? My mistake.

Naaah...LKsmom has been around a while. Looks to me that a button was pushed at the wrong time

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 09:17 am

soccerskills wrote:
twomattiesmom wrote:Did I just say the 02's were boring and civilized last week? My mistake.

Naaah...LKsmom has been around a while. Looks to me that a button was pushed at the wrong time

You are correct. Say anything about me that you want that's fine. Point toward my daughter, then momma bear comes out. Sorry. It was an uncivilized response but wasn't that the intention the comment was meant to invoke? Just helping to keep things going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 09:20 am

LK'sMom wrote:
soccerskills wrote:

You are correct. Say anything about me that you want that's fine. Point toward my daughter, then momma bear comes out. Sorry. It was an uncivilized response but wasn't that the intention the comment was meant to invoke? Just helping to keep things going.

It sounds like this is not over. Could this be a rift within the DM camp?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 09:31 am

LK'sMom wrote:
soccerskills wrote:

02's getting toooooo quiet - Page 2 Angrybear1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 09:46 am

totalsoccer wrote:
LK'sMom wrote:
soccerskills wrote:

Please, not sure whether the comment is internal or external. Don't care either way. No rift as far as I'm concerned. I'm better for having had my say and that the poster knows I will not tolerate stuff like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 09:55 am

totalsoccer wrote:
LK'sMom wrote:
soccerskills wrote:

Hey Coach...just a tip. If you want to keep stirring up hornets you should get a different ID to hide behind.

Wouldnt want you burning too many more bridges or representing andro poorly out in public when everyone knows who you are. Admire the courage though pirat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 09:56 am

Hey DoubleD, too freakin' funny. Loved it. Yep, pretty much how I felt. Thanks for keeping it real.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 10:01 am

LK'sMom wrote:
soccerskills wrote:

I am 99% momma bear myself and my dd is also a keeper. It seems they can be an easy target sometimes. No worries Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 10:13 am

LK'sMom wrote:Hey DoubleD, too freakin' funny. Loved it. Yep, pretty much how I felt. Thanks for keeping it real.

Even though I do make fun of teams, I do agree that calling out specific numbers or DD's is retarded.

I may not get dad of the year award but one thing I do tell my kids is this...There will be many people in life who will say things to you to hurt you, eff them. And if they don't move, just make sure your thumb is on the outside when you swing.

I demand respect from my kids and from me they will receive everything I can possibly give them in life.
As long as daddy is around, ain't no soul going to mess with my tribe.....and if you think getting bit by a dog when you move his food is bad, don't try to interrupt me when I am correcting or addressing them.

Ok, enough being serious, time to rough up some feathers.

How is DM these days anyways? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlterEgo 05/07/11, 10:24 am

DoubleDD wrote:
LK'sMom wrote:Hey DoubleD, too freakin' funny. Loved it. Yep, pretty much how I felt. Thanks for keeping it real.

Even though I do make fun of teams, I do agree that calling out specific numbers or DD's is retarded.

I may not get dad of the year award but one thing I do tell my kids is this...There will be many people in life who will say things to you to hurt you, eff them. And if they don't move, just make sure your thumb is on the outside when you swing.

I demand respect from my kids and from me they will receive everything I can possibly give them in life.
As long as daddy is around, ain't no soul going to mess with my tribe.....and if you think getting bit by a dog when you move his food is bad, don't try to interrupt me when I am correcting or addressing them.

I hear he is looking for a keeper.

AlterEgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GOTB@LLZ?? 05/07/11, 10:30 am

AlterEgo wrote:
DoubleDD wrote:

I hear he is looking for a keeper.

lol!
GOTB@LLZ??
GOTB@LLZ??
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 10:46 am

DoubleDD wrote:

Hey thanks! I will have to remember the whole thumb on the outside. For girls, big rings also help. Very Happy

Oh, we like DM; my DD thinks he's funny. We're pretty easy going in that respect. As long as my DD likes to go to practice then that's half the battle. She adores her goalie coach too, says she likes his accent. Honestly, this sport chose her and we're just along for the ride.

I guess since as a family we are not hard core about this sport I get overly irritated with postings that call kids out and allude to their deficiencies, and especially when it's mine.

This has been fun. I'll see if I can keep the posts going. I can be pretty vicious and uncivilized when need be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 11:23 am

LK'sMom wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:
LK'sMom wrote:
soccerskills wrote:

Please, not sure whether the comment is internal or external. Don't care either way. No rift as far as I'm concerned. I'm better for having had my say and that the poster knows I will not tolerate stuff like that.

This is good news! Good Luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by bicycle kick01 05/07/11, 12:31 pm

I also know LK and her DD,and she is a awesome soccer player. why do people have to start trouble with a 9yr. Hope she has a great season and shuts all the haters up. And if they are looking for another keep so what. She could walk on any of the other top 4 clubs and make a huge difference.
bicycle kick01
bicycle kick01
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/11, 11:37 pm

LK Mom first of all if anyone knows your DD, knows she's the top keeper in the 02's

I call BS that she read the post about Rowdies needing a keeper. I think it just ticked you off and you came on here and blew up.

Whats the difference of people getting on here and saying one team dominated another team. Thats like saying your team sucks and the winning team is greatness. Isnt that calling out the other team. Im sure the losing team has feelings too. Calling out happens alot on here. The original post about rowdies needing a keeper was short and would of not been noticed if you would of keep your mouth shut.

In this same thread I believe it was said that DT Glotz players guest played with Feet. It was also said that the Glotz players were easy to spot because they were the skilled ones. I would say that would be calling the rest of the Feet players out as having no skill.

Like some of the posters said as you over reacted I agree. It did make for good forum speak on here. I have to admit your post did jazz me a little. If my post ticks you off Im at the field all the time feel free to approach me.. cheers

I have to go I need another beer. drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 06/07/11, 02:17 am

you kill me, but speak the truth!Cheers.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/07/11, 08:30 am

1v1 phenom wrote:LK Mom first of all if anyone knows your DD, knows she's the top keeper in the 02's

I call BS that she read the post about Rowdies needing a keeper. I think it just ticked you off and you came on here and blew up.

Whats the difference of people getting on here and saying one team dominated another team. Thats like saying your team sucks and the winning team is greatness. Isnt that calling out the other team. Im sure the losing team has feelings too. Calling out happens alot on here. The original post about rowdies needing a keeper was short and would of not been noticed if you would of keep your mouth shut.

In this same thread I believe it was said that DT Glotz players guest played with Feet. It was also said that the Glotz players were easy to spot because they were the skilled ones. I would say that would be calling the rest of the Feet players out as having no skill.

Like some of the posters said as you over reacted I agree. It did make for good forum speak on here. I have to admit your post did jazz me a little. If my post ticks you off Im at the field all the time feel free to approach me.. cheers

Duh, it pissed me off. It was bad timing all around. Just fed up with these kinds of posts then there's one aimed at my DD and there was absolutley no reason for it.

Leave kids alone. So, my post was perhaps a culmination of that post and all the other crap aimed at individuals not teams. I have seen a multitude of threads with unflattering adjectives and innuendos attached to specific enough description of the girls to know who they are. It's not right to do that. If you wouldn't say it to their little faces then you shouldn't say it here.

Target the parents, coaches, teams, I won't lash out. Commentaries on team play doesn't bother me as long as specific players are not maliciously targeted for deficiencies. Sometimes they're just childish comments though. I can maybe see how over arching commentaries on team play can effectively be utilized in an appropriate manner, I just have a zero tolerance for biting comments or implications aimed at little girls.

Oh, and she actually read the post and was upset. It was on the screen when she came to play her games. I know, my bad for letting that happen.

So go enjoy your Heinekin and maybe the next time we play FC, I'll give you a wave. It is FC, right phenom?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/07/11, 09:09 am

LK'sMom wrote:
1v1 phenom wrote:LK Mom first of all if anyone knows your DD, knows she's the top keeper in the 02's

Duh, it pissed me off. There was absolutley no reason for the post. Leave kids alone. My post was perhaps also a culmination of all the other crap aimed at individuals not teams. I have seen a multitude of threads with unflattering adjectives and innuendos attached to specific enough description of the girls to know who they are. It's not right to do that. If you wouldn't say it to their little faces then you shouldn't say it here. Target the parents, coaches, teams, I won't lash out. Commentaries on team play doesn't bother me as long as specific players are not maliciously targeted for deficiencies. Sometimes they're just childish comments though. I can maybe see how over arching commentaries on team play can effectively be utilized in an appropriate manner, I just have a zero tolerance for biting comments or implications aimed at little girls.

Oh, and she actually read the post. It was on the screen when she came to play her games. I know, my bad for letting that happen.

So go enjoy your Heinekin and maybe the next time we play FC, I'll give you a wave. It is FC, right phenom?

Not Heinekin its Dos Equis XX

Im sure someone can fill you in where my DD plays.

Your DD is a great goalie, dont take this forum so seriously.

Ill be looking for my wave from you at the field Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/07/11, 09:50 am

See that's my point exactly, if she is such a good goalie then why the post? It was unnecessary and ugly and in her 9 year old brain she thought it meant she was a terrible keeper. That's where the protective instincts came into play.

If I'm not mistaken, one of my work cohorts went to college and is good friends with your coach. Small world, huh?

Enjoy your Dos Equis and your summer! See ya around.

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 06/07/11, 10:39 am

Wait a minute Phenom! By calling her dd the best goalie you are basically calling out all the other 02 goalies as infererior. In my house 2nd best is just the 1st looser. My dd didn't read your post but I'm going to tell my dd about it and your dd better not come near the 18' box cuz she is going down! My dd won't take being called 2nd best to no one! Oh and by the way my dd now wears a concussion head gear, a mouth piece, and both knee and elbow pads, so if you thought she was aggressive before now she is like a gladiator in full battle armor......she feels no pain!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobos 06/07/11, 10:52 am

mcik17 wrote:

Wait a minute Phenom! By calling her dd the best goalie you are basically calling out all the other 02 goalies as infererior. In my house 2nd best is just the 1st looser. My dd didn't read your post but I'm going to tell my dd about it and your dd better not come near the 18' box cuz she is going down! My dd won't take being called 2nd best to no one! Oh and by the way my dd now wears a concussion head gear, a mouth piece, and both knee and elbow pads, so if you thought she was aggressive before now she is like a gladiator in full battle armor......she feels no pain!
Very Happy
Lobos
Lobos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsidepacman 06/07/11, 11:18 am

Beautiful field bob..

Offsidepacman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 06/07/11, 11:21 am

mcik17 wrote: In my house 2nd best is just the 1st looser.

Be careful using loser and looser on here incorrectly, it could come across in a completely different way.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 06/07/11, 12:05 pm

Blank77 wrote:
mcik17 wrote: In my house 2nd best is just the 1st looser.

Be careful using loser and looser on here incorrectly, it could come across in a completely different way.

Duly noted!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next