North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Are we going off the deep end? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Are we going off the deep end?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Are we going off the deep end? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are we going off the deep end?

Post by my2cents 16/10/12, 02:32 pm

ballhead wrote:
my2cents wrote:
ballhead wrote:
my2cents wrote:
ballhead wrote:
silentparent wrote:

I totally disagree. Field marshals are the first line. Because they can actually DO something, kick them out. Most parents including me, are there to watch their kids play, not police dopes who have no control over themselves. Make an example and the herd will follow. I have been a field marshal and it is amazing how polite the crowds are when you are there watching the game with them and they know it.....

A field marshal cannot do anything besides call someone else to come down and deal with the problem, in other words, escalate it. I agree that a field marshal being present is very helpful, but they have no power to kick anyone out, and in fact, are instructed to do nothing other than call a LHGCL rep to the field.

Depending on what's going on in the rest of the complex at the time, it may take a few minutes for someone to get there, allowing the situation to continue to boil. If the other parents are too busy watching the game to attempt to calm a volatile situation, then they really can't complain much if the issue escalates to an abandonment with the new penalties that were spelled out.

NO, at that point with someone who is experienced at handling these things, it is over. The offender is calmly told that they are in violation of the league and NTSSA code of conduct and that he/she must stop. If the action is bad enough, or the objection to the instructions bad enough then the person is told they must leave. If they protest then calmly inform them that they have two choices. "One is by the time I get my cell phone out you can be walking toward the exit or collecting your gear in preparation for leaving the facility. Two is I call local law enforcment and in front of your friends and children you will be arrested, hand-cuffed and removed from the facility. Your choice, what is it going to be?"

In over 1000 hours of field marshalling as an admin for a rec association I have ejected more than I can remember. I was never touched at all and only had to make the call once. The key is to not take their trash talking and inane protestations personally, be calm, professional and firm.

In LHGCL, a field marshal CANNOT eject anyone, period. Their job is to notify the LHGCL rep on duty. I have been a field marshal many times, and have heard the speech many times, so no matter how much you protest about how things are done at your rec association, its not how its done with LHGCL. Field marshal's are not "experienced at handling these things", they are a parent or volunteer from the home team.

From their website: "During game, call in injuries, or ask for assistance if needed during your game. Do not get involved with angry parents, coaches or referees. If a situation arises, call in for a commissioner to come to the field."

Now you can argue that its a bad process, and you may be right, but that's the process they use.
Read the post. Did not advocate the volunteers doing it. The admins (commissioners) need to enforce the code of conduct firmly. They are there as field marshalls as well. I was admin for 12 years, never asked a volunteer field marshall, coach or a parent to handle an out of control spectator. Same system, smaller scale, crap not tolerated.

I did read the post. The commissioner is not a field marshal, at least not in the LHGCL world. Your rec association may have defined it differently, but having been around LHGCL for over 8 years, and having volunteered as a field marshal many, many times, I'm comfortable with what the roles are.

If you meant to say that the commissioner can and should do it, that's fine, but its incorrect to say that a field marshal can or should eject someone.

A person who is at a game location for the purpose of overseeing the enforcing the rules of the league or complex is field marshalling. The commissioner is there to field marshall not to commission.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Are we going off the deep end? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are we going off the deep end?

Post by twotone 16/10/12, 03:25 pm

10sDad wrote:College Coaches come to watch teams that win. Or they watch championship games at tournaments.

If your kid is on a team that loses a game or two due to bad refereeing, they will not get looked at by college coaches unless you beg and hound specific coaches to come look specifically at your DD.

Just sayin'

Then y'all wonder why parents get upset over incorrect, game-affecting or result-altering calls by refs. At the college recruiting age, winning IS everything - development takes a back seat. Development without exposure equates to a really good intramural player in college - nothing more. And if you disagree, you are fooling yourself.

College coaches also pay attention to the idiot parent that's acting a fool and yelling at the referees. They learn who the idiot parent is on the sidelines because that parent will turn into a problem parent during school. if there are 2 players that are equal, then the college coaches will shy away from the player with the idiot parent. I've done it when i was a scout and have talked to many an asst coach that has been directed pay attention to all of it.

college coaches also talk to club coaches about who's a problem parent. the word gets out, trust me.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96soccermom 16/10/12, 08:08 pm

Interesting that just the U17 teams received that email. Not sure where the more cards have been but we haven't seen more than 2 yellow cards given in all our games total this season which is about normal from my experience. One card went to one of our players and one to a player on the other team both in the same game. My dd plays on a D1 team.

96soccermom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 16/10/12, 09:25 pm

my2cents wrote:
ballhead wrote:
my2cents wrote:
ballhead wrote:
my2cents wrote:
ballhead wrote:

A field marshal cannot do anything besides call someone else to come down and deal with the problem, in other words, escalate it. I agree that a field marshal being present is very helpful, but they have no power to kick anyone out, and in fact, are instructed to do nothing other than call a LHGCL rep to the field.

Depending on what's going on in the rest of the complex at the time, it may take a few minutes for someone to get there, allowing the situation to continue to boil. If the other parents are too busy watching the game to attempt to calm a volatile situation, then they really can't complain much if the issue escalates to an abandonment with the new penalties that were spelled out.

NO, at that point with someone who is experienced at handling these things, it is over. The offender is calmly told that they are in violation of the league and NTSSA code of conduct and that he/she must stop. If the action is bad enough, or the objection to the instructions bad enough then the person is told they must leave. If they protest then calmly inform them that they have two choices. "One is by the time I get my cell phone out you can be walking toward the exit or collecting your gear in preparation for leaving the facility. Two is I call local law enforcment and in front of your friends and children you will be arrested, hand-cuffed and removed from the facility. Your choice, what is it going to be?"

In over 1000 hours of field marshalling as an admin for a rec association I have ejected more than I can remember. I was never touched at all and only had to make the call once. The key is to not take their trash talking and inane protestations personally, be calm, professional and firm.

In LHGCL, a field marshal CANNOT eject anyone, period. Their job is to notify the LHGCL rep on duty. I have been a field marshal many times, and have heard the speech many times, so no matter how much you protest about how things are done at your rec association, its not how its done with LHGCL. Field marshal's are not "experienced at handling these things", they are a parent or volunteer from the home team.

From their website: "During game, call in injuries, or ask for assistance if needed during your game. Do not get involved with angry parents, coaches or referees. If a situation arises, call in for a commissioner to come to the field."

Now you can argue that its a bad process, and you may be right, but that's the process they use.
Read the post. Did not advocate the volunteers doing it. The admins (commissioners) need to enforce the code of conduct firmly. They are there as field marshalls as well. I was admin for 12 years, never asked a volunteer field marshall, coach or a parent to handle an out of control spectator. Same system, smaller scale, crap not tolerated.

I did read the post. The commissioner is not a field marshal, at least not in the LHGCL world. Your rec association may have defined it differently, but having been around LHGCL for over 8 years, and having volunteered as a field marshal many, many times, I'm comfortable with what the roles are.

If you meant to say that the commissioner can and should do it, that's fine, but its incorrect to say that a field marshal can or should eject someone.

A person who is at a game location for the purpose of overseeing the enforcing the rules of the league or complex is field marshalling. The commissioner is there to field marshall not to commission.

OK, got it. So the folks that are on duty called field marshals are not field marshals but are instead volunteers, and the folks that are on duty called commissioners are really field marshals.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDDRedux 16/10/12, 10:28 pm

For if any parent on my kids team should try to stop me from sideline activities I will kick the shit out of them.
If any official shall step to me I shall make them evacuate their bowls by breaking they face.
DoubleDDRedux
DoubleDDRedux
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDDRedux 16/10/12, 10:32 pm

What's the rule when FC Force coaches and parents assault the opposing coaches and players because they mad they can't win a rec league? What that rule?
DoubleDDRedux
DoubleDDRedux
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3