North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Legacy Freedom Cup teams? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Legacy Freedom Cup teams?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Legacy Freedom Cup teams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Legacy Freedom Cup teams?

Post by Guest 03/02/14, 05:59 pm

i would agree, teams like this catch a good team off, tie them or lose 1-0 and say we are right there! when in reality 6 of 7 times they will lose..

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 03/02/14, 06:14 pm

Except the only three loses we have against those wins are two to FCD Gold, and one to LP Elite. If these wins were offset by bad loses, your argument rings true. The truth is we are beating teams that only your top 5 are expected to beat, and playing competitive soccer against your other top teams when we get the chance.

If you think a team like Rush or Hilton beats us 7 out of 10 times, your blinded by NTX loyalty.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/14, 06:29 pm

no i think you probably split with rush, maybe 6/10 against hilton. i saw you play. i know the top 5, my friends are in the top5, your team is no top 5 team...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/14, 06:31 pm

when people mention they only lost in set pieces thats when i know they are drinking their own koolaid...

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 03/02/14, 06:50 pm

I'll tell you what. Next time we play a team outside your top 5, any team -- we'll make a friendly wager on the game. Loser gets face painted with the logo and colors of The winners club. And one of the DD's on the winning team gets to be the artist. Smile

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/14, 07:39 pm

jamestren wrote:Just out of curiously, we've only played a couple of games and have this resume.  Which NTX teams can claim the same victories over the past 12 months?  

" wins or ties in the last 12 months include LP Elite, LP Rush, Sting Hilton, Sting Mendoza, and LP Keagan"

Even a NTX 04 team can basically claim this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 03/02/14, 07:51 pm

Jamestren sounds like your team can hang with the top 6-10 NTX teams. The challenge is to play the top NTX teams (Solar, FCD Gold and DT South) and beat them. That's what most of our top 10 teams are always striving to do too. No shame in that!
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 03/02/14, 07:58 pm

You should enter LH next season. Albeit only D3 but you can work your way up over next few years. I mean you make it sound like competition on OK is not good enough.

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 03/02/14, 07:58 pm

I'm still trying to get over being compared to Cruz Azul. You guys are brutal. Smile

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 03/02/14, 08:02 pm

Joe, I've been telling the coach to do that for two years. Probably too late now. ECNL in two years, so now it's just about trying to get in as many good games as possible against good competition. Id come to Dallas every week if we could afford it.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 03/02/14, 08:04 pm

I havnt seen them play but sounds like they can at least hang with many D1 and soon to be D2 teams.
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 04/02/14, 10:32 am

I've seen them play a few different times, I'd put them behind the Top 6 of SRSA, FCD Gold, DTS, LPE, FCD P, and Sting G. Easily a Top 10 team and if in LH's would probably be sitting around the 18 to 20 point range halfway through. On any given day they could beat any of the top NTX teams, except SRSA and especially not if SRSA had their full 03 roster, but other than that they are definitely a team capable of winning any game they play. The only question would be if they can get up every weekend for a tough game because down here vs. Tulsa every weekend you are generally going up against a team in DI that will be able to match you athletically and if you happen to have an off day you can easily end up on the losing side of the equation.

They generally do try to connect passes and don't play it long too much. They have a couple girls that if you give them space can launch it. Personally I'm a fan, wish they would have tried to qualify for LH's but that's an awful long drive each weekend.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by YRUH8N 04/02/14, 03:17 pm

jamestren wrote:Dump and run???  Hmmm. Me thinks you've never actually seen a game if that's your analysis.  We connect more passes than every team we've ever played in Dallas, including the games we've lost.  If anything, we are weak over the top because we lack crazy speed at the forward position.  Dump and run is the opposite of our style (sometimes to a fault)

And wins or ties in the last 12 months include LP Elite, LP Rush, Sting Hilton, Sting Mendoza, and  LP Keagan.   We've also had friendlies with a few more that we've tied or beaten.  

The only other top 5 team we've faced in the past 12 months is FCD Gold, losing 1-0 and 3-0.  The reason FCD has an advantage is because they are dump and run.  They send through balls to the corners and run on. This causes our defense all sorts of issues as we play tight on the ball defense.  

I'm honored you took the time to post, but your analysis couldn't be more wrong.  

Who's your top 5?   Srsa?  Okay, I'll give you that one without an argument?   DT South?  We last played them three years ago.  Big and fast, would definitely cause cover issues.   FCD Gold?  Okay, they are 2-0 in past 12 months, so I give them the slight edge.   LP Elite?  We are 1-1 in past 12 months (and our loss in Plano came off set plays).  Who's next?  FCD Premiere?   Another very good team.  Are you sure we can't "hang"?   Sting Hilton?   Won that game in Plano (on a side note, this is the best pure soccer team we have played, very skilled, plays soccer instead of kick and run, skilled forwards and not just athletes).  

We are not Cruz Azul.  We've produced results despite limited action.  And remember I never claimed we were top 5, merely that we want to play your top 5.   Different story.  If you don't want to come here, let's plan something and we'll come back there.  If your top 5 leave an imprint on our behinds I'll get back on and say "Texas rules and Oklahoma drools".  Smile

Jamestren Jamestren after reviewing your comments from the Plano Labor Day tournament I now realize you don't have a clue about NTX soccer or the teams here. You actually contradict your own comments from just a few months ago.  We get it though, ALMOST EVERY TEAM in NTX is Dump and Run but God forbid your team being called out as such. In PLD LP Elite was the dump and Run team and FCD Gold ran right through the teeth of your defense (which you now say is tight on the ball defense). Now FCD Gold is the dump and run team and LP Elite only beat you because of a set play. PLD FCD Gold was the best team you've seen since playing DTS 2 years ago but now Sting Hilton is. Sting G and FCD Premier, have you even played them?  Probably not and probably shouldn't because no, I don't think you guys can hang. Tell you what, buy a clue or STFU. You are either confusing the teams or just don't know ish about the NTX teams your team has played. Play the top teams in NTX on a more consistent basis that way you actually know each teams style of play and can give a true assessment that just might hold a little weight on this board.

PLD comments below.
LP Elite was a tough first match.  They came out in the first half and won every 50-50 ball.  We dug an early 2-goal hole, and couldn't turn it all the way around - but we did play a solid second half and had some chances.  I thought for sure they were just playing boot and run kickball, but figured out it is definitely by design.  Those forwards sit on that line and time those kicks.  I haven't seen a lot of teams around here play like that, but it was effective. It put a ton of pressure on our defenders to haul back.  Very good team.   Maybe we can have a rubber match in a few months.

Sting Hilton was also very good.  Much better possession team, strong in the midfield.  Our girls were told all day that the game was win or go home.  This was one game they came ready for from the whistle.  The String H. team will do some damage though.  A couple of very good players, and the tall blond in the middle is something else.  I watched her almost single-handedly take down LP Sunday morning.  Really is a shame about the bracket because I am pretty sure this team would have made quarterfinals in the other brackets.

Crazy Azul - probably not much more to be said here.  Honestly I think the weekend just caught up to them by Sunday morning.  Anytime you travel for hours and have it handed to you, it starts to burn a little.  Parents were frustrated, kids were frustrated, and it just boiled over.  Not a bad team by any stretch, but they talked a lot of crap for a team that went 0-fer.

FCD gold - I don't know how to judge this team.  We came out flat in the beginning again and they punched us in the mouth.  Had some incredible runs right through the teeth of our defense, and kept the pressure turned up high.  I thought FOR SURE this team would advance and win the tourney.  They seemed solid top to bottom.  Another game where our girls picked up the intensity and started playing better late in the game - but it was a little too late.  I've heard LP has this teams number, but that's the best team I remember seeing since we played DTS nearly two years ago.  

**The views expressed above are just those of a single parent on the team.  They do not represent the coach, or any of the other parents.  And for the record, I grew up a wrestler, so I don't really know anything about soccer anyway    Smile

YRUH8N
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 04/02/14, 03:30 pm

Everything you copied and pasted is exactly what I posted yesterday. As I said before, Sting Hilton is the I love you team we've played that I felt played true possession, build from the back attack. And FCD Gold is very good, big, and fast. Definitely the best team, but their style is as much dump and run as many others.

By the way- I only used that term to defend our team and state we were very different, almost to a fault.

Nothing contradictory here. FCD a solid team.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 04/02/14, 03:35 pm

Damn spell check.

Is the one team*

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by YRUH8N 04/02/14, 03:42 pm

Well sir what I copied and pasted is the exact same comments but they were about different teams which leads me to believe you have not the first clue about the teams here in NTX. It's ok though, the mind is always the first to go. Your recollection of the teams you have played is foggy at best.

YRUH8N
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 04/02/14, 03:42 pm

Sometimes it is just better to watch and talk about the sharks from behind glass than jump in with a bloody nose and poke a few in the eye… careful jamestren, they are starting to look frenzied...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious 04/02/14, 03:44 pm

Leave the Okie alone

He is right they would be a top 10 team

one thing he got wrong FCD East/Gold whatever they are called are not a BIG team, they are fast but I would not use the word BIG

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by YRUH8N 04/02/14, 03:48 pm

Lol, yes my point exactly. FC Gold is not big but he said the same thing earlier about DTS and they are not big either.  He really has no clue about the teams here.  

"Who's your top 5?   Srsa?  Okay, I'll give you that one without an argument?   DT South?  We last played them three years ago.  Big and fast, would definitely cause cover issues."

YRUH8N
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 04/02/14, 03:49 pm

By the way- very very few teams at this age don't boot and run to some extent. Some just worse than others. LP Elite did exclusively. FCD gold did too, but not as bad. Hilton didn't really do any that I recall.

I'm not even suggesting it's bad. Id rather our team do a little more and take a few shots over the top to keep the defense honest.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 04/02/14, 03:55 pm

When we played DTS three years ago, they were HUGE. Seriously, like could kick a goal from the halftime big. Wasn't making that up for sure. I remember that.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 04/02/14, 04:01 pm

Herradura, I had no idea these were the Sharks Smile. I'm honored.

if you smell blood, it's just bait. Go ahead and bite that hook if you need to. This is already the most entertaining thread in weeks Smile

You guys get to take free shots at The Okie, work in an argument about the top 5, and have borderline teams like Rush tried to defend their pride by convincing themselves they can beat the Okies 5 out of 10 times.

Agree or disagree, it's certainly entertaining. Smile

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 04/02/14, 04:06 pm

herradura wrote:Sometimes it is just better to watch and talk about the sharks from behind glass than jump in with a bloody nose and poke a few in the eye… careful jamestren, they are starting to look frenzied...

He can jump in if he knows how to properly hypnotize the sharks.  Very Happy 

http://io9.com/5737269/how-to-hypnotize-a-shark-and-other-tales-of-animal-mind-control

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 04/02/14, 04:28 pm

jamestren wrote:By the way-  very very few teams at this age don't boot and run to some extent.  Some just worse than others.  LP Elite did exclusively.  FCD gold did too, but not as bad.  Hilton didn't really do any that I recall.  

I'm not even suggesting it's bad.  Id rather our team do a little more and take a few shots over the top to keep the defense honest.  

Was the NTX '04 team you played, style of play "boot and run" as well?
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 04/02/14, 04:57 pm

I don't recall. I'm not sure they could if playing up an age against bigger faster players. You tell me? My DD wasn't on the team when we played you last I think??

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/02/14, 04:59 pm

jamestren, tell us again how you only lost on set pieces...lol! i have taken shots at LW, but to say elite boots and runs is stupid. keep running your mouth, its easy when your dunghill is in OK....

btw , when they come down and get beat, i imagine it will be well we were missing our blah blah. thats the mo of these types....

Last edited by silentparent on 04/02/14, 05:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next