North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Congratulations Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Congratulations

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Congratulations Empty Congratulations

Post by InaB 17/08/15, 07:42 am

Congratulations to Solar Chelsea 03 for taking first place in the Gold Division at the Edmond, Oklahoma Beat the Heat tournament.
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Empty Re: Congratulations

Post by Just Curious 17/08/15, 08:20 am

Sting Dunstan also won in the Silver Division

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 17/08/15, 08:30 am

InaB wrote:Congratulations to Solar Chelsea 03 for taking first place in the Gold Division at the Edmond, Oklahoma Beat the Heat tournament.
Way to represent SRSA!!
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer 17/08/15, 10:07 am

That's fantastic. Congrats!

NorthDallasSoccer
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 17/08/15, 10:44 am

Way to go Solar, not SRSA. 0 goals against. Impressive!

Last edited by jj4mel on 17/08/15, 02:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 17/08/15, 11:29 am

JJ, Barca knows that. He was throwing shade. Not that we owe an explanation but we had one player on vacation and 1 player out with a concussion so brought in a SRSA player that played that position. We also had one SRSA player who was a sibling to one of our 00 players who was going to be there with her sister and wanted to play so she played. That's where the SRSA reference comes in. It's all good though, they used one of ours, we used theirs. Both rosters are very capable of holding their own. Time will tell. Barca may have been on the losing end in one of the games and we all know there is always an excuse for a loss. If he wasn't then my apologies, either way he was still trying to throw a little shade.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 17/08/15, 12:53 pm

2ddsinsoccer wrote:JJ, Barca knows that.  He was throwing shade. Not that we owe an explanation but we had one player on vacation and 1 player out with a concussion so brought in a SRSA player that played that position. We also had one SRSA player who was a sibling to one of our 00 players who was going to be there with her sister and wanted to play so she played.  That's where the SRSA reference comes in.   It's all good though, they used one of ours, we used theirs. Both rosters are very capable of holding their own. Time will tell.  Barca may have been on the losing end in one of the games and we all know there is always an excuse for a loss.  If he wasn't then my apologies, either way he was still trying to throw a little shade.

Interesting, but why would anyone care whom you are using in a tourney these days? We are so close to ECNL and a few teams in the area are already looking at "Pre" ECNL teams.

Congrats either way. Goes to show how tough the future ECNL Solar team will be.

Last edited by jj4mel on 17/08/15, 02:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 17/08/15, 01:08 pm

You know that tournaments are different from league play right Barca? Solar Chelsea is a very, very good team. As to guest players, those are allowed in any tournament for any team. Solar Chelsea played hard and well. Congratulations to them again.

cheers
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by JewelsBMF 17/08/15, 02:45 pm

With so much success and results like zero goals against why isn't this team taking notes from others teams like SRSA, Sting G, FCD Blue and playing up with the 02's? Figure after while it would get old winning all the time vs the 03's. They always say the best way to get better is to play against the teams who are better, and within the 03 age group that list is very small for this team.
JewelsBMF
JewelsBMF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 17/08/15, 04:14 pm

I agree, it's not like they played high competition in the OK tournament

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 17/08/15, 04:18 pm

I truly don't know why Solar Chelsea isn't playing up any more than I understand why other teams do. I can say that if they continue to play up, they risk cutting off time to be seen/contacted before college by playing up. This, of course, may not be an issue for these teams and players. Of course, if the whole team is full of remarkable players, then maybe coaches will add them to their wish list. And, the players can contact coaches and ask that they watch them. So, outside of playing harder teams, not sure.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 17/08/15, 04:26 pm

It's pretty simple.  It's all about winning.  Not sure they can play top level 02s and win all the time ( will effect that awesome rank). As far as college scout they still have about 3 years before getting into that so worry about developing

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 17/08/15, 04:30 pm

Yes, Solar Chelsea 03 is a very, very good team. Maybe one of the best I've seen recently. Solid at ever position and lots of talent to pull from on the bench. Great ball movement, strong midfield and great vision/ball skills on the pitch from the players. Congrats to them, they were the best team by far from the 03 teams there.

However I just wish with that great talent came a bit of humility in victory and much less arrogance from players and parents. Unfortunately as long as you win, our culture promotes and rewards that kind of attitude. Youth just emulate what they see at home and on professional teams...yes Mr. Jones, I'm talking to you.

Of course, this is my opinion and others may differ...and that's OK.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 17/08/15, 04:44 pm

Rightwing, excitement in winning is always hard to deal with both from the winning and losing side. Believe me, I have seen plenty of it. I have seen sore winners and losers. I truly don't think it is arrogance so much as being in the moment of victory. I consider Arrogance to be like a team we faced last year, who pounded on our team and then the girls from the other team not really shaking hands and telling our girls loudly that they suck. Or one where an opponent calls our girls the B word when the team was losing.

Confidence and excitement can sometimes make a person overlook the feelings of others without truly intending to be mean and rude.

Best regards

InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 17/08/15, 05:12 pm

That team is built with speed. Yes they have a few talented girls but the main focus is all on speed. I do agree with rightwingdad about the arrogance but remember they learn that from parents and coaches.

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 17/08/15, 05:50 pm

OK, please take this with the tongue in cheek it is said, don't we as humans see celebrating by a winning team as arrogance? I know these parents and players and I don't consider them arrogant, or at least any more arrogant than any other good team that wins. If being your best equates to arrogance, then we have a lot of arrogant teams in North Texas. Very Happy

Yes, speed is one of the team's best abilities, but they also pass well (and with speed), trap the ball and understand the game. They play the game at the speed of the older teams in D1.

But all this said, it is about perspective and we all have our own. Let's just agree to disagree on a couple of points and look forward to getting that darned LHGL schedule out!

Laughing
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 17/08/15, 06:04 pm

Jewels, we occasionally do play up but when we introduce such new and raw talent, it takes time for the girls to gel and learn to play the game the way we play.  We've added 5 new players this season and all from lower division or PPL teams. A coach needs time to develop the new talent so we are able to run like a well oiled machine.  These players have to get both accustomed to the speed of play and a completely new style of play.  You can't win in North Texas period because you're ridiculed for winning and you're ridiculed when you lose.  Had we played up and faced opponents like Solar 02 or Sting East Dunstan, and those new players were unable to keep up then the forum chatter would have been how "bad" we looked.  I am sure other top teams added players but I don't think any of them added 5 players that were not already on D1 teams.  

Now as for humility, that's a double edge sword.  The parents on the losing sides favorite rebuttal is to "show some class" when we celebrate a win or a nice goal.  Those same parents don't show any in those rare occurrences when we find ourselves trailing or tied at the half or when they are jumping up and down on the sidelines exclaiming "They can be beat, they can be beat".  Nor do they show any when they tell their DDs to "shut her down" or say things like "I bet she won't score."  When she does, and we cheer or laugh, then its we're classless or arrogant.  Puh-leeze, I've been around soccer for a long time but some of the negative and derogatory comments from opposing parents AND Coaches when reference my DD is mind blowing.  I don't say anything to anyone unless they say something to me or to her.  I watch my DD play just like everyone else but parents and Coaches alike piss me off when they tell players to punch my kid in her back and hard foul her and then when she's hurt, it's all a part of the game.  That is not how you play the game.  I have one kid now that has had 2 ACL injuries because of dirty play and parents telling their kids to "shut her down".  No parent should have to go through that and I be damned if I hear anyone saying that kind of stuff about my 12 year old and I not address them.  It's actually pretty simple, don't say anything to my kid and I won't say anything to you about what you said to my DD.  If you tell your kid to hurt mine, then I will say something about that as well.  When a player is fouled out of her shoe and an opposing parent yells its a flop, that both baffles and annoys me. It takes real skill to flop right out of your soccer cleats. SMH!  You can call it arrogance or whatever you want, but this Mama Bear is ALWAYS going to protect her cub just like you would protect yours in the exact same situation.  I have never told my DD to hurt anyone's child because these are little kids and they deserve to be able to play the game at this age and not have to worry about serious injuries.  Ref's need to do their jobs and make calls and give cards when warranted.  Too many times ref's will let violent play continue until both teams are no longer playing soccer and both sidelines are worked into a frenzy. If more fouls were called then the retaliation fouls don't have to happen.  Some of you will agree and understand what I'm talking about and well some of you just won't.  The ones that won't are probably the ones this is directed at.

Last edited by 2ddsinsoccer on 17/08/15, 06:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 17/08/15, 06:08 pm

I find it hard to believe hopkins will take PPL to develop. His all about staying at the top and getting high quality players to maintain that status.

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 17/08/15, 06:22 pm

Well Adrenalinetx, yes we have PPL players so maybe you don't know Hopkins as well as you think.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 17/08/15, 06:33 pm

Lol oh I know him very well.

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 17/08/15, 06:36 pm

Will keep his son busy doing personal skills. Smile

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 17/08/15, 06:50 pm

So be it. His son is an excellent skills coach. 7 or 8 of our girls go to him for private skills training. The new players we've added go to him 2 twice a week and they are already applying that in games. Obviously you have a beef with Hopkins and that's not my fight so I'll let you continue to vent and express your displeasure. I'm out.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 17/08/15, 07:11 pm

Oh yeah I didn't say he wasn't.  I have zero beef with Hopkins great guy, but you need to keep it real as well and open the blinds.   By the way I didn't start anything with hopkins team...... some one else did and I just agreed. Good luck to everyone as the schedule for week one is out!

Last edited by Adrenalinetx on 17/08/15, 07:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ISEEYOU 17/08/15, 07:12 pm

I have no business commenting on this, but... 2ddinsoccer is the only one in this forum that identifies her real identity on this forum as is evident by her avatar. Very respectable! Having a daughter that is a game changer and as high of a level player as #23 she will always have lovers and haters. Playing for a high profile winning team she will always have lovers and haters. Trust me when others beat or tie you they talk in circles about it in anything but a respectable manner. I appreciate how 22ddinsoccer handles the ridicule and success. Not sure how bagging on a great player makes others feel better about their DD. Keep up the great work #23 we are all proud that you play in our region and know for eveey hater there are a thousand times more lovers!!!
ISEEYOU
ISEEYOU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 17/08/15, 07:15 pm

No one is calling her daughter out or saying anything negative about #23. Who is a super star and should be playin up instead of wasting time on that 03 team if you ask me. Must be another hopkins parent.

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next