North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Only 2 clubs *PENDING - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Only 2 clubs *PENDING

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Only 2 clubs *PENDING - Page 3 Empty Re: Only 2 clubs *PENDING

Post by jogobonito06 20/03/17, 08:39 pm

ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:
ElClassico wrote:Yes, all clubs make money. Some actually treat their girls program with a bit more respect than "here's an 1/8 of a field for you guys to practice on" Or when you have an age group with 2x the boys teams. Or when your charging $4000 to play on a team with a coach that can't even get a D license.

ElClassico + Foxy (apologies in advance ElClassico for grouping you in with this guy) --

You're correct in saying that FCD Youth has more girls than quality coaches.  This however, is not the fault of the club, but the fault of too many parents that don't know any better.  

We all know they are a business.  Surely you've considered that if you had a business that had so much demand for a product, you'd continue to sell it, especially if the masses unwittingly believe that it's the best option for them.  FCD Youth isn't extorting anything, nor is it a corrupt organization ... When it comes to the current landscape of youth soccer in NTX, they just happen to be the "Yankees", so it's natural for folks like you guys to spew a bit of negativity that may be borne from a little jealousy.  And just like any of the other competing clubs, they tend to place their more valuable resources (top coaches, fields, time) with their most valuable assets (at FCD -- boys ... DA, girls ... top few of teams in each age group).

I agree to a point but...

If I owned a movie theater with 500 seats yet continue to sell 750 while telling you your experience will be the same then shouldn't I be somewhat to blame? Sure it's buyer beware but somewhere false advertising comes into play as well?

Let's look at U14 (it's what I know, and I've seen all the teams play this year) FCD has 16 boys teams and 5 on the girls side. Let's take LW out of the picture, that's a unique case which has been discussed for years. We are left with...

FCD Red in LH D1 who has 1 point, has given up 62 goals in 14 games and have managed to score 4. Now you can say the girls are in above their heads but come on. At some point would you not think a club with the resources available would send someone out to see what's up? Then you have FCD Black and FCD White both with the possibility of having to re qualify. I believe one coach has a D license and the other has none.

So here's a club selling themselves on development yet all three of these teams have moved backwards as the year has gone on. How are these girls supposed to feed into ECNL or DA or what ever? By next year FCD may have 1 team in LH playing D2. And we all know what happens to rosters after a terrible season, the girls get blamed for it and are let go, the coach doesn't return, or more likely in this case the girls run from the building like its on fire.

And this is supposed to be the Marquee youth program in NTX?

Yes, it's the Yankees.

jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 20/03/17, 08:56 pm

ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:
ElClassico wrote:Yes, all clubs make money. Some actually treat their girls program with a bit more respect than "here's an 1/8 of a field for you guys to practice on" Or when you have an age group with 2x the boys teams. Or when your charging $4000 to play on a team with a coach that can't even get a D license.

ElClassico + Foxy (apologies in advance ElClassico for grouping you in with this guy) --

You're correct in saying that FCD Youth has more girls than quality coaches.  This however, is not the fault of the club, but the fault of too many parents that don't know any better.  

We all know they are a business.  Surely you've considered that if you had a business that had so much demand for a product, you'd continue to sell it, especially if the masses unwittingly believe that it's the best option for them.  FCD Youth isn't extorting anything, nor is it a corrupt organization ... When it comes to the current landscape of youth soccer in NTX, they just happen to be the "Yankees", so it's natural for folks like you guys to spew a bit of negativity that may be borne from a little jealousy.  And just like any of the other competing clubs, they tend to place their more valuable resources (top coaches, fields, time) with their most valuable assets (at FCD -- boys ... DA, girls ... top few of teams in each age group).

If I owned a movie theater with 500 seats yet continue to sell 750 while telling you your experience will be the same then shouldn't I be somewhat to blame? Sure it's buyer beware but somewhere false advertising comes into play as well?

Let's look at U14 (it's what I know, and I've seen all the teams play this year) FCD has 16 boys teams and 5 on the girls side. Let's take LW out of the picture, that's a unique case which has been discussed for years. We are left with...

FCD Red in LH D1 who has 1 point, has given up 62 goals in 14 games and have managed to score 4. Now you can say the girls are in above their heads but come on. At some point would you not think a club with the resources available would send someone out to see what's up? Then you have FCD Black and FCD White both with the possibility of having to re qualify. I believe one coach has a D license and the other has none.

So here's a club selling themselves on development yet all three of these teams have moved backwards as the year has gone on. How are these girls supposed to feed into ECNL or DA or what ever? By next year FCD may have 1 team in LH playing D2. And we all know what happens to rosters after a terrible season, the girls get blamed for it and are let go, the coach doesn't return, or more likely in this case the girls run from the building like its on fire.

Why u hatin' on BigE And FCD?  Man, drink the Kool aid and relax! You pick out one age group . .

So I look up U15 just to prove you wrong.

Whoops.

1 DI, 1 DII, 1 DIII

Never mind, I know U16 will look better.

1 DI, 1 DII, 1 headed to relegation - unless you count the East Texas team

U17

0 DI, 1 DII, 1 D III

Now I am starting to get depressed.

Surely with all those younger teams they must be doing better.

U11 - I see Central, South, East and one from Frisco headed to DIII (and none actually in DIII)

U12 - 1 likely headed to DII (no others in the top 20) and 1 in DIII

Never mind

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 20/03/17, 09:16 pm

ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Give it time the guy in charge made some serious changes with the 03's before they went select. It'll work itself out.....just takes a little time. I'm sure he listened to all the complaints and formed a plan.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/03/17, 09:38 pm

ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:

C'mon now ... Surely there aren't many that believe that FCD are the marquee girls club in DFW -- that distinction belongs to Solar at the moment.  

And can we all please refrain from using this statement? ... "So here's a club selling themselves on development" -- it's mundane.

And are we really talking about LHGCL?  As has been spoken about on this forum for the past year or so, it's a dinosaur ... and is dying a slow death.  As I mentioned previously in this thread, the big clubs provide for and nurture their assets ... DA, ECNL sides.  The Directors at Solar, FCD, and Sting spend about 0% of their time and thought on a LH team within their club.  I'd be floored if CH even knew he had 03 Red, White and Black teams.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/03/17, 09:45 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Why u hatin' on BigE And FCD?  Man, drink the Kool aid and relax! You pick out one age group . .

So I look up U15 just to prove you wrong.

Whoops.

1 DI, 1 DII, 1 DIII

Never mind, I know U16 will look better.

1 DI, 1 DII, 1 headed to relegation - unless you count the East Texas team

U17

0 DI, 1 DII, 1 D III

Now I am starting to get depressed.

Surely with all those younger teams they must be doing better.

U11 - I see Central, South, East and one from Frisco headed to DIII (and none actually in DIII)

U12 - 1 likely headed to DII (no others in the top 20) and 1 in DIII

Never mind

SoS ... You know better than this ^

You daughter plays on a JDL team Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 20/03/17, 09:49 pm

BigErn wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:

C'mon now ... Surely there aren't many that believe that FCD are the marquee girls club in DFW -- that distinction belongs to Solar at the moment.  

And can we all please refrain from using this statement? ... "So here's a club selling themselves on development" -- it's mundane.

And are we really talking about LHGCL?  As has been spoken about on this forum for the past year or so, it's a dinosaur ... and is dying a slow death.  As I mentioned previously in this thread, the big clubs provide for and nurture their assets ... DA, ECNL sides.  The Directors at Solar, FCD, and Sting spend about 0% of their time and thought on a LH team within their club.  I'd be floored if CH even knew he had 03 Red, White and Black teams.

Cmon big e. The only league cc has a feel for is ppl. The best development they do is in their recruiting system...coaches and players. That's the real crime of the easy draw of kids they get..:.no system for development...just for mo money and you know it.

The best development is still being done by a small number of outlier coaches at the bigs and the independents as well as the big names at bigs. Sad part is there ain't many of them.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 20/03/17, 10:09 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
BigErn wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Cmon big e. The only league cc has a feel for is ppl. The best development they do is in their recruiting system...coaches and players. That's the real crime of the easy draw of kids they get..:.no system for development...just for mo money and you know it.

The best development is still being done by a small number of outlier coaches at the bigs and the independents as well as the big names at bigs. Sad part is there ain't many of them.

Maybe its about time for FCD to bring back . . . jd

Everything old is new again!

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/03/17, 10:11 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
BigErn wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Agreed Foxy --

Believe it or not, I have kids at Solar as well and have only been with FCD for a short time ... I've been very discouraged by most of the coaching I've seen walking around TSC. I'm certainly not a champion for the whole of FCD Youth, just an advocate for clarity and objective thought.

BTW ... Who is cc and what is ppl?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 20/03/17, 10:19 pm

BigErn wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:
BigErn wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Agreed Foxy --

Believe it or not, I have kids at Solar as well and have only been with FCD for a short time ... I've been very discouraged by most of the coaching I've seen walking around TSC.  I'm certainly not a champion for the whole of FCD Youth, just an advocate for clarity and objective thought.

BTW ... Who is cc and what is ppl?

Ohhh man...I hate when we agree. And I hope you're being sarcastic about cc and ppl.
For what it's worth I hope solar does it right with their new found power...but I'm sure you know the old analogy of too much power.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 20/03/17, 10:46 pm

Speaking of "independents" are they actually doing a better job or, since most seem to be located on the fringes of DFW, simply able to "corner the local market"?

Corinth, Burleson, Fairview, etc...
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 21/03/17, 08:19 am

BigErn wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Where do you place FCD?  #2?  #3?  #4???

One coach or age group doesn't make a club.

Looking at current LHGCL standings of your "Big4" (split between estimates of DI, II and III)

DI (top 10)
DII (next 10)
DIII (last 10)

Solar  DI - 13   DII - 6   DIII - 4     Total - 23
Texans  DI - 14   DII - 9   DIII - 5     Total - 28
Sting  DI - 13   DII - 10   DIII - 16     Total - 39
FCD  DI - 8   DII - 9   DIII - 9     Total - 26

FCD is 3rd in the # of total LH teams, but well behind the other 3 in the number of top 10 teams.

So what is the product they are selling? Nice facilities? ECNL teams that few players will ever see? Looking at the numbers above, I certainly couldn't say FCD has the assets (coaches) in place to develop and promote girls within the program.

If a portion of ECNL players move to DA, and ECNL pulls from DI, FCD is going to have to look outside the club to place competitive teams in LH.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 21/03/17, 09:18 am

SoccerDad75033 wrote:If a portion of ECNL players move to DA, and ECNL pulls from DI, FCD is going to have to look outside the club to place competitive teams in LH.

I believe it will be worse. If FCD drops ECNL, Texas Champions League will be pushed heavily for means to play better competition. That's one team per age group in the League. But I agree.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 21/03/17, 12:31 pm

A friend of mine with a daughter with FCD wants me to point out a few facts to defend the girls a bit :-)

FCD Red: They never wanted D1, LH forced them to take the bye after Lee decided to move his team. If they didn't they would have had to re qualify. Given that the team is a mix of players including some from D1 and D2 those kids wouldn't have joined knowing they were going to have to go through QT again. Also the team came together very late and is filled with basically "04" girls. Supposedly there are 5 or 6 with November or December 03 birthdays. So in most games they're playing girls almost a year older than them and yes at 13 it makes a difference. (Puberty)

FCD Black: Given where they started from last year, sitting at 13 in D2/D3 and only 7 points out of the top 10 isn't that bad. Again a lot of the same issues with age and size holds true

FCD White: Seems to be where they have been. Maybe the coach has brought them as far as he knows how?

That being said he agreed with most of the issue put forth on here. He's never seen Lee or anyone else from FCD step in and try to help.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/03/17, 12:56 pm

Yeah I know what you mean. I have a friend whose daughter plays with the Texans, (wink wink).

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 21/03/17, 01:19 pm

SoccerDad75033 wrote:
BigErn wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Looking at current LHGCL standings of your "Big4" (split between estimates of DI, II and III)

DI (top 10)
DII (next 10)
DIII (last 10)

FCD is 3rd in the # of total LH teams, but well behind the other 3 in the number of top 10 teams.

So what is the product they are selling?  Nice facilities?  ECNL teams that few players will ever see?  Looking at the numbers above, I certainly couldn't say FCD has the assets (coaches) in place to develop and promote girls within the program.

If a portion of ECNL players move to DA, and ECNL pulls from DI, FCD is going to have to look outside the club to place competitive teams in LH.

Still talking about LHGCL huh?

Do we still not understand that going forward at U14+ it's a rec league? While U11-U13 may still have an inkling of talent participating now, that'll be over when DA and ECNL announce they are starting a couple age groups younger. This league is soon to be the equivalent of Primetime for youth academy kids and any recreational league for the older kids ... not much of a measuring stick.

Don't believe me ... have a conversation with a Director at any of the Big 4 about the next few years --

CONSOLIDATION.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 21/03/17, 01:22 pm

ElClassico wrote:A friend of mine with a daughter with FCD wants me to point out a few facts to defend the girls a bit :-)

FCD Red: They never wanted D1, LH forced them to take the bye after Lee decided to move his team. If they didn't they would have had to re qualify. Given that the team is a mix of players including some from D1 and D2 those kids wouldn't have joined knowing they were going to have to go through QT again. Also the team came together very late and is filled with basically "04" girls. Supposedly there are 5 or 6 with November or December 03 birthdays. So in most games they're playing girls almost a year older than them and yes at 13 it makes a difference. (Puberty)

FCD Black: Given where they started from last year, sitting at 13 in D2/D3 and only 7 points out of the top 10 isn't that bad. Again a lot of the same issues with age and size holds true

FCD White: Seems to be where they have been. Maybe the coach has brought them as far as he knows how?

That being said he agreed with most of the issue put forth on here. He's never seen Lee or anyone else from FCD step in and try to help.

I think their biggest problem is that they got away from the fundamentals like playing head it catch it during practice. I do like their focus on small space practices to work on the kids quick reaction skills though. They should probably try and get down to 10'x10' to really increase those reflexes. Doing this should get all the colors back on track.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 21/03/17, 01:29 pm

BigErn wrote:
SoccerDad75033 wrote:
BigErn wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
BigErn wrote:

DI (top 10)
DII (next 10)
DIII (last 10)

So what is the product they are selling?  Nice facilities?  ECNL teams that few players will ever see?  Looking at the numbers above, I certainly couldn't say FCD has the assets (coaches) in place to develop and promote girls within the program.

Still talking about LHGCL huh?  

Do we still not understand that going forward at U14+ it's a rec league?  While U11-U13 may still have an inkling of talent participating now, that'll be over when DA and ECNL announce they are starting a couple age groups younger.  This league is soon to be the equivalent of Primetime for youth academy kids and any recreational league for the older kids ... not much of a measuring stick.

Don't believe me ... have a conversation with a Director at any of the Big 4 about the next few years --

CONSOLIDATION.

Good dodge of the question - but in discussing the CURRENT state of affairs, how has FCD done in developing a depth of competitive teams - as compared to the other 3?

How do you expect that would change in the future?

I don't disagree with your assertion - but given the pool (or lack of) of their own teams from which to draw players - where will FCD obtain talent to meet DA, ECNL, etc, obligations - because it certainly doesn't appear to be from development they are doing.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 21/03/17, 01:41 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
ElClassico wrote:A friend of mine with a daughter with FCD wants me to point out a few facts to defend the girls a bit :-)

I think their biggest problem is that they got away from the fundamentals like playing head it catch it during practice. I do like their focus on small space practices to work on the kids quick reaction skills though. They should probably try and get down to 10'x10' to really increase those reflexes. Doing this should get all the colors back on track.

Heading the ball? Nah it's all about keep away.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by doublearound 21/03/17, 01:44 pm

Regardless of what league we are talking about, its about paying for a product to improve your players game no matter the level.

FCD lists minimum coaching requirements on its website, so FCD is selling minimum qualifications for its coaches. For select, you are required to have a C license or better, Without one, you supposedly have 18 months to get one (from a D license). On the teams we have been on, the vast majority of parents didn't play the game, so how can this group have the knowledge to know if a coach is qualified and can develop their child. This group should expect that the club will provide someone that meets the minimum standards as listed on the website.

I will pile on to the U14 group of frisco girls. The Red team coach appears to be the most qualified of the three, but may be more suited to an older group of girls. In our experience, I liken the discipline and tone more to a high school level player and may be slightly harsh for 7th grade girls.

The Black team has made huge strides from a PPL team last year to likely attaining a bye into LH next year based on improved play. The coaches bio on the website shows playing experience and a D license. I know this coach joined FCD at least three years ago, so I’m not sure why a C level license hasn’t been obtained.

The White team has gone in the opposite direction and is in danger of relegation. This coach was handed what was the second team in Frisco just prior to the start of select about three years ago. The coach has no playing experience and an E license. The coach has tried three different times to pass the D level test without success.

FCD, in my opinion has little regard for the girls program. Its almost fraud to take in $3,500 and not provide coaches that meet the coaching standards you advertise.

doublearound
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/03/17, 01:48 pm

OUCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 21/03/17, 02:02 pm

Been thinking about starting my own team at that club. Gonna focus on telling the parents what they want to hear. No that wasn't your dd that tripped over her own feet, she was pushed. Probably have them play in a rec league where we can rule and the parents don't no any different. Did you pay your dues? Excellent...your 8 yr old has a bright future on the DA team. Should be able to get a good three year run out of each team I start.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 21/03/17, 02:13 pm

soccerjack wrote:Been thinking about starting my own team at that club.  Gonna focus on telling the parents what they want to hear.  No that wasn't your dd that tripped over her own feet, she was pushed.  Probably have them play in a rec league where we can rule and the parents don't no any different.  Did you pay your dues?  Excellent...your 8 yr old has a bright future on the DA team.  Should be able to get a good three year run out of each team I start.

straight from the BigE playbook

"And can we all please refrain from using this statement? ... "So here's a club selling themselves on development" -- it's mundane."

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 21/03/17, 02:15 pm

SoccerDad --

Sorry about that ... I didn't intend to answer a question in my last post.

FCD's problem with depth on the lower end may appear to be an issue when it comes to the future of their talent pool, but in reality, it doesn't make too much difference. Obviously not a lot of "developing a depth of competitive teams" going on at FCD. When they do add real talent, it's primarily from competitive coaches that bring in competitive teams to the Club, and much to the dismay of many of you this will continue to happen over the coming years at FCD, Solar, and Texans.

Also ... If you didn't bear witness last year, come out to see the numbers drawn in when ECNL and DA tryouts take place at Solar and FCD. The vast majority of the 100+ girls each night in each age group will come from outside clubs.

I anticipate after the coming year, that Sting (possibly DFeeters if they're still kickin) may be the only of the Big 4 to continue with the ECNL distinction.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 21/03/17, 02:18 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
soccerjack wrote:Been thinking about starting my own team at that club.  Gonna focus on telling the parents what they want to hear.  No that wasn't your dd that tripped over her own feet, she was pushed.  Probably have them play in a rec league where we can rule and the parents don't no any different.  Did you pay your dues?  Excellent...your 8 yr old has a bright future on the DA team.  Should be able to get a good three year run out of each team I start.

"And can we all please refrain from using this statement? ... "So here's a club selling themselves on development" -- it's mundane."

Again SoS? ... alrighty then --

Given your line of work, I wouldn't have thought that one would've gone over your head.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 21/03/17, 02:21 pm

BigErn wrote:SoccerDad --

Sorry about that ... I didn't intend to answer a question in my last post.

FCD's problem with depth on the lower end may appear to be an issue when it comes to the future of their talent pool, but in reality, it doesn't make too much difference.  Obviously not a lot of "developing a depth of competitive teams" going on at FCD.  When they do add real talent, it's primarily from competitive coaches that bring in competitive teams to the Club, and much to the dismay of many of you this will continue to happen over the coming years at FCD, Solar, and Texans.

Also ... If you didn't bear witness last year, come out to see the numbers drawn in when ECNL and DA tryouts take place at Solar and FCD.  The vast majority of the 100+ girls each night in each age group will come from outside clubs.

I anticipate after the coming year, that Sting (possibly DFeeters if they're still kickin) may be the only of the Big 4 to continue with the ECNL distinction.  

definitely in agreement here

and not sure how Feet survives without a merger - and I don't think renaming to LiverFeet or Stinkypool is going to fly either

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 21/03/17, 02:38 pm

BigErn wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:

Again SoS? ... alrighty then --

Given your line of work, I wouldn't have thought that one would've gone over your head.

Lighten up Francis

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next