North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

07 LH QT - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

07 LH QT

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

07 LH QT - Page 5 Empty Re: 07 LH QT

Post by KeeperCommander 24/07/17, 06:38 pm

yank wrote:Keeper commander- Why is it the dumbest statement ever?
Only out of line to retaliate? What about the initial altercation? Were they both stupid. Nope, just the retaliation.
It's a sport. Kids fall down. Kids get hurt sometimes. It's a shame but it happens. Don't blame the coach or parents. They are not inside the lines. Make player accountable.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Buenosdias 24/07/17, 06:40 pm

Soccer_fam, your post has way too much logic and reason. It is so much more interesting when people like SickofSilliness post that they think, in a nutshell, some people they don't know and haven't met may have possibly seen something that could have been coached by someone they can't stand. That has to make it true right? Sometimes the posts on here are so stupid …

Buenosdias
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKeeper'sDad 24/07/17, 07:35 pm

This post turned out much more fun than I anticipated. I don't think any coach would ever coach this behavior outright, but if it isn't corrected then it's no different than promoting it. I would love to see if any action is taken from the respective clubs or coaches regarding this incident.

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/07/17, 07:41 pm

What's interesting is that multiple people were
(1) not surprised, and
(2) believed that the incident was instigated by the Webb player.

Why is that?
Because KW's teams and players have a track record.

I have no need to "draw assumptions" about what is being taught - and prefaced my earlier comments with "unless her coaching style has changed substantially in the past few years."

This is because I have witnessed dozens of her practices.

I have seen her coach players to:
- grab the arms of opponents running past, even if away from the play
- pull the jersey of players running past, especially if you are slower
- aggressively run down players from behind

I have heard her coach players to:
- initiate aggressive contact away from the ball, from behind, to intimidate players
- foul opponents, because it's not a foul if the ref doesn't call it
- foul away from the ref because it's not a foul if the ref doesn't see it

I have heard her refer to kids a fruit loops (honestly, she's petty infamous for this one)

I have heard her ask a player if she rides a short bus to school, and whether the player's mom drove said short bus to school.

I have also heard her call players stupid and idiots.

It's a track record like that which leads people to draw conclusions about the play of her players.

KW has a shelf life - eventually she will expire for you, as she has for so many others.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKeeper'sDad 24/07/17, 07:59 pm

How can a massive Club like FC Dallas let someone like this represent them? She must be doing something right if they haven't taken any action. Or is it, the club is so big it doesn't really know who plays and coaches for them?

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/07/17, 08:14 pm

Everyone on here seems to think that a club will care about such activity. Trust me they won't. It will never get brought up. Ever.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/07/17, 09:01 pm

Plenty of coaches' antics discussed on this board in the past couple years -

coaches berating and humiliating players
coaches walking off the field during a game
a coach dropping an F-bomb and other choice words during LH games
coaches sleeping with parents
lying, cheating, stealing
coaches sanctioned by NTSSA, ECNL
and a coach who had 2 LH teams finish near the bottom and forced to requalify

Which coach from the above lot is the only one not currently coaching for a major club?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Clusterchuck 24/07/17, 09:27 pm

Just a quick observation from this thread and one can tell this behavior has been seen by KW's teams in the past. It's been documented on this forum and other forums about her coaching, so it should not come as a surprise to anyone that's been around her over the last 20+ years. She has created a brand for herself, its a style that's produce some young winning teams. Yet has never translated into older teams with any significance or player development.

Having witnessed hundreds of her practices and games over the years, I can say very aggressive play is being coach and encouraged. It doesn't always result in the ugliness we saw this weekend, but should not come a surprise (and doesn't) to those in the know. Targeting ankles is dirty play (witnessed). Also, witnessed a coach stand there and do nothing when play was stopped to address it. This is her way of condoning this behavior.

The problem for all you (KW) defenders and apologist, is this is a result of coaching and parenting to a win at any cost. The simple fact is a 9/10 yr old girl that does this on multiple occasions (witnessed) has been coached to do this, even if it is through the absence of coaching. Those of you accepting this behavior should be ashamed of yourselves.

Again as a coach for over 20 years, you know she's witnessed it and does nothing. This particular kid's soccer game is a product of her parenting and coaching that she's received prior to stepping on the field.

Clusterchuck
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 24/07/17, 10:02 pm

TheKeeper'sDad wrote:How can a massive Club like FC Dallas let someone like this represent them?  She must be doing something right if they haven't taken any action.  Or is it, the club is so big it doesn't really know who plays and coaches for them?

its as simple as money with most of the teams. If someone is happy to pay to be on a crappy team with a crazy coach...who is management to argue? I think in Kw's case the club needs so many high level licenses for DA etc....so they threw her a bone.

For those that signed on..:::enjoy the small bus ride....you knucklehead fruit loops.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/07/17, 10:08 pm

I guess they didn't throw it hard enough.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Let’sJustAllGoRec 24/07/17, 10:42 pm

If my child got in a fight while playing in a soccer game, the last thing she would need to worry about was a red card, missing games or a ref.

Let’sJustAllGoRec
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/07/17, 10:43 pm

Yes sir,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/07/17, 10:45 pm

These types of teams are usually a ticking time bomb. It won't be long before those players and parents have had enough. She has about one to two more seasons before the bomb usually goes off.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/07/17, 10:47 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Everyone on here seems to think that a club will care about such activity. Trust me they won't. It will never get brought up. Ever.

Man I hope your wrong! How they train these young women should be priority number one.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Justbecause2016 25/07/17, 07:18 am

Wow, did none of you play sports? Do you none of you remember the intensity you would feel? I witnessed many "fights" through every sport I have even been a part of. A coach has nothing to do with it. I am not a KW fan or a sting who ever fan but they don't strap boxing gloves on these kids. It is called over competitive ness. It isn't right but it happens. And now these kids are also starting to have hormonal changes that compound on these tense games. Again, it isn't good or alright for it to happen but get off the coaches. GROW up people. Not everything is a conspiracy and not everything is bigger then what it seems. All this being said I have seen games boil over like this a few times and it always seems to stem from a loose official, but I would hate if they called every hard bump and so would you.
I guess I am saying get off the coaches! Also teach your kids to beat them during play not with their fists.

Justbecause2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 25/07/17, 08:05 am

soccertard wrote:Can you post the video, but put Trump's face over the parent, and the CNN logo over the kids faces?

Quality post. Carry on....

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yank 25/07/17, 08:23 am

@justbecause- these people most likely were never successful competing in sports. It's Sports! That's what it is. People talk about how these coaches like Webb & Tatu have these egregious offenses against kids... if this were so why have the Leauges, soccer associations, and clubs NEVER made a change or ban these coaches from having a team? The sting team on Sunday was frustrated because the could not retain possession of the ball. Almost every time the ball came to one of their girls feet, they either big kicked it up, kicked it out of bounds, or turned it over to Webb's team. Teach them how to play the game, specifically working on 1st touch.. all weekend there were so many kids with a lack of 1st touch. People are paying thousand for this stuff. Have the kids work 1st touch so everyone can experience better quality soccer and make this "select" title actually mean something.

yank
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Poacher 25/07/17, 08:31 am

Now we are getting somewhere, all of you crazy ass parents are free to respond! I have my popcorn!
Poacher
Poacher
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 25/07/17, 08:34 am

July 25th and the 07 parents are already melting down. Wait till they figure out what JDL is.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Justbecause2016 25/07/17, 08:37 am

soccertard wrote:July 25th and the 07 parents are already melting down.  Wait till they figure out what JDL is.
lol!

Justbecause2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GK dad07 25/07/17, 08:39 am

Justbecause2016 wrote:Wow, did none of you play sports? Do you none of you remember the intensity you would feel? I witnessed many "fights" through every sport I have even been a part of. A coach has nothing to do with it. I am not a KW fan or a sting who ever fan but they don't strap boxing gloves on these kids. It is called over competitive ness. It isn't right but it happens. And now these kids are also starting to have hormonal changes that compound on these tense games. Again, it isn't good or alright for it to happen but get off the coaches. GROW up people. Not everything is a conspiracy and not everything is bigger then what it seems. All this being said I have seen games boil over like this a few times and it always seems to stem from a loose official, but I would hate if they called every hard bump and so would you.
I guess I am saying get off the coaches! Also teach your kids to beat them during play not with their fists.

here here...

I've watched this thread over the last day and a half and am astonished how a few select individuals have bashed a single coach for a single incident that occurred over 57 games of a highly competitive tournament. What occurred in this game seems to be an isolated incident. Does anyone have any other examples of fights breaking out in this tournament with this FCD team or any other team? in the Tut tournament? In all of last season? Could it be that this team being a JDL team is more physical with their advanced play? Is it possible that the other parents were yelling at their daughter(s) to "push back" because the FCD team was being more physical and the other parents being defensive of their daughters didn't appreciate the physical play and therefore told their daughters to "fight back?" Could it be that the frustrated girls when being physically outplayed went more "physically aggressive" out of said frustration which led to the elbows to the back (as I understand it) which then "caused" the escalation? Only those that were there and specifically had their eyes glued to these individual players can speak to the specifics, otherwise we are all speculating on what we THINK happened. Just like a Monday morning quarterback for any sporting event we are all inclined to apply our own biases and opinions to the situation.

Not speaking to the individuals involved but to the broader theme I couldn't agree more with what "Justbecause2016" said above. You all have entered your daughters in a physical sport (not just physically demanding but physical in a contact sense) and put them in a highly competitive league (and paid handsomely to do it too). If they're not training and playing to advance their skills and abilities to the next level (JDL, ECNL, College, etc.) then you should save your money and go back to your local rec league. Let's be honest with each other for a minute. Have you watched a professional soccer match at any level and seen the jockeying, elbowing, jersey tugging that goes on with EVERY SINGLE PLAYER regardless of their moral and ethical standing? While our daughters are not at that level they are on their way. They begin Select this year which is the next step in the process and they are well on their way. If you want your girls to be able to run on a break away towards the goal without a defender trying to run you down or your player to come off of a throw in or goal kick without a bump or jersey tug then you should invest heavily in giant plastic bubbles and video games because this is not the sport for you.
GK dad07
GK dad07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mma_steve 25/07/17, 08:48 am

soccertard wrote:July 25th and the 07 parents are already melting down.  Wait till they figure out what JDL is.
we have multiple kids in JDL. The parents or players are nothing how you claim to describe. I do enjoy that a kids upbringing has nothing to do with there aggression or action. I am sure you are the same people who believe Nolan Ryan and Robin Ventura fight was because the club was taking time out of practice to learn fighting.

mma_steve
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 25/07/17, 08:49 am

I think what all of you are missing is this is not an isolated incident with this coach. Those that have come on here to bash have seen this repeat over time. I don't believe this single incident is what has created this coaches reputation. I also don't think it improved her reputation.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 25/07/17, 08:50 am

Justbecause2016 wrote:Wow, did none of you play sports? Do you none of you remember the intensity you would feel? I witnessed many "fights" through every sport I have even been a part of. A coach has nothing to do with it. I am not a KW fan or a sting who ever fan but they don't strap boxing gloves on these kids. It is called over competitive ness. It isn't right but it happens. And now these kids are also starting to have hormonal changes that compound on these tense games. Again, it isn't good or alright for it to happen but get off the coaches. GROW up people. Not everything is a conspiracy and not everything is bigger then what it seems. All this being said I have seen games boil over like this a few times and it always seems to stem from a loose official, but I would hate if they called every hard bump and so would you.

Sure, don't disagree with intensity and the occasional scuffle part.  You must not have read the eyewitness accounts of what she teaches. I've never seen her teach anything(practices), so not making judgment there.  All I know, is the FCD player involved, wouldn't have been my first guess to get a red like this.  They have a few that have a history, which makes this poster wonder if, those accounts of this behavior being taught or minimum not corrected, are true.  This behavior and behavior seen over the past few years, needs to be stopped by a responsible adult(parent or coach).  KW obviously isn't stopping this, she has the power of the bench to rein in punch throwing and reckless, violent play.  The bench might put that 10 year old soccer game win in doubt though, cant have that.
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 25/07/17, 08:50 am

GK dad07 wrote:

here here...

I've watched this thread over the last day and a half and am astonished how a few select individuals have bashed a single coach for a single incident that occurred over 57 games of a highly competitive tournament. What occurred in this game seems to be an isolated incident. Does anyone have any other examples of fights breaking out in this tournament with this FCD team or any other team? in the Tut tournament? In all of last season? Could it be that this team being a JDL team is more physical with their advanced play? Is it possible that the other parents were yelling at their daughter(s) to "push back" because the FCD team was being more physical and the other parents being defensive of their daughters didn't appreciate the physical play and therefore told their daughters to "fight back?" Could it be that the frustrated girls when being physically outplayed went more "physically aggressive" out of said frustration which led to the elbows to the back (as I understand it) which then "caused" the escalation? Only those that were there and specifically had their eyes glued to these individual players can speak to the specifics, otherwise we are all speculating on what we THINK happened. Just like a Monday morning quarterback for any sporting event we are all inclined to apply our own biases and opinions to the situation.

Not speaking to the individuals involved but to the broader theme I couldn't agree more with what "Justbecause2016" said above. You all have entered your daughters in a physical sport (not just physically demanding but physical in a contact sense) and put them in a highly competitive league (and paid handsomely to do it too). If they're not training and playing to advance their skills and abilities to the next level (JDL, ECNL, College, etc.) then you should save your money and go back to your local rec league. Let's be honest with each other for a minute. Have you watched a professional soccer match at any level and seen the jockeying, elbowing, jersey tugging that goes on with EVERY SINGLE PLAYER regardless of their moral and ethical standing? While our daughters are not at that level they are on their way. They begin Select this year which is the next step in the process and they are well on their way. If you want your girls to be able to run on a break away towards the goal without a defender trying to run you down or your player to come off of a throw in or goal kick without a bump or jersey tug then you should invest heavily in giant plastic bubbles and video games because this is not the sport for you.

apparently you haven't read every post - or your reading comprehension skills leave much to be desired

there is a difference between "physical" or "aggressive" play and "dirty" play (and those who teach it)

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 25/07/17, 08:54 am

The coaching style has a short shelf life and is a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum