North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

07 LH QT - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

07 LH QT

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

07 LH QT - Page 4 Empty Re: 07 LH QT

Post by centre 24/07/17, 02:40 pm

This is not the result of passion and caring. Prisons are full of violent offenders who were passionate about things but responded poorly. Toddlers in day care are passionate and upset when another kids takes their toy. But they are taught (and they learn) that they can't react by biting and hitting the other kids.

This falls squarely on the coach(es). While most coaches don't teach this behavior, their lack of correction encourages more of it. The kids get amped up by the parents on the car ride there. It gets worse as they run up and down the sideline. If the coaches and ref do not recognize and control this, we will get incidents like these.

It's also on NTX and the leagues. If they wanted to get a handle on this, they would review the refs and coaches every time something like this happened. Suspend the parents of the infringing player for five games. If it didn't stop, the DOC or club director would get dinged. If a club accrued a certain number of infractions over X period, all teams would be suspended.

This would be easy to get a handle on if enough people thought it was a problem that needed fixing.

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKeeper'sDad 24/07/17, 02:54 pm

I agree completely. Allowingbit to happen with no recourse is the same as teaching it. The coaches are not just molding soccer players that are molding impressionable young ladies. Sport or not certain behaviors should be addressed and corrected now.

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 24/07/17, 02:57 pm

If you're not a Red Card Player, than it's just a wasted year.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mma_steve 24/07/17, 03:16 pm

It’s quite appalling that a forum with such ignorance would call out a coach. The people who are calling this “taught” behavior on a coach. The parent raise their kids and express their opinion on their kids. I had the pleasure of being at this game. There is even video proof of this game and the parent of the sting team yelling out to their kids to push back ( 2:48 into the game). I will assume that the people in the forum have kids and you chose the coach you wanted. The style of coach you wanted and that you are as satisfied as you can be. You can stand by your guns and place blame on individuals who take the personality of your kids and molding them into competitors. The kids of these coaches enjoy their coaches no matter what brand/teams you support. As coaching goes unfortunately and sad as it is the adults trying to jeopardize even sabotage a team for action they do not understand. If you have played professional sports you may actually have a chances to understand that not every coaching is meant for you. What gets the best out the kids and pushing them to next level of life is depending on your kid.

mma_steve
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 24/07/17, 03:18 pm

^^^^^oh my
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 24/07/17, 03:22 pm

Can you post the video, but put Trump's face over the parent, and the CNN logo over the kids faces?
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/07/17, 03:34 pm

mma_steve wrote:It’s quite appalling that a forum with such ignorance would call out a coach. The people who are calling this “taught” behavior on a coach. The parent raise their kids and express their opinion on their kids.  I had the pleasure of being at this game. There is even video proof of this game and the parent of the sting team yelling out to their kids to push back ( 2:48 into the game). I will assume that the people in the forum have kids and you chose the coach you wanted. The style of coach you wanted and that you are as satisfied as you can be. You can stand by your guns and place blame on individuals who take the personality of your kids and molding them into competitors. The kids of these coaches enjoy their coaches no matter what brand/teams you support. As coaching goes unfortunately and sad as it is the adults trying to jeopardize even sabotage a team for action they do not understand. If you have played professional sports you may actually have a chances to understand that not every coaching is meant for you. What gets the best out the kids and pushing them to next level of life is depending on your kid.

As I read, and re-read your post trying to decipher your point . . .

I love the fact that one poster came on here claiming the Webb angel did nothing wrong - now we have video of a Sting parent telling their kids to "push back"

So, hopefully Kappa can return and explain how, if Webb player was doing nothing, we come to Sting parents telling kids to push . . . BACK

I don't think anyone on here is trying to "sabotage a team for action they do not understand".  I have seen a few parents on here citing examples of coaching behavior by KW that they have seen and her coaching tactics / style.  I have seen others questioning the level of punishment that should be handed out and how much responsibility should be borne by the coach.  I guess we now have your perspective that whatever it takes to "push them to the next level of life" is ok.

I think we have, in a nutshell, multiple people saying they have seen KW coach cheap shots, and that (so far) no one is surprised to see one if her players involved in such an altercation - because she ENCOURAGES DIRTY PLAY

and yes - it is "taught" behavior on a coach when multiple people have witnessed her TEACHING it to her players Shocked

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 24/07/17, 03:48 pm

If kids are being elbowed off the ball -- legally or illegally -- telling them to "push back" is good advice. It certainly isn't evidence that the person told to push back was the instigator of something that clearly escalated.
In my experience, it is more likely that when they began pushing back, the initial troublemaker didn't like receiving what she was dishing out, so she escalated things.
(But, I admit I did not see this particular incident.)

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 24/07/17, 03:53 pm

07 Coaches: be sure to work "bob and weave" into practice the week before you play this team.  

Carry on...good read...

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 24/07/17, 04:04 pm

soccertard wrote:Can you post the video, but put Trump's face over the parent, and the CNN logo over the kids faces?

lol! so true.

soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/17, 04:09 pm

After 25 years of meticulous evaluation, NTSSA has determined that doing nothing is the appropriate response.

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 24/07/17, 04:13 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:07 Coaches: be sure to work "bob and weave" into practice the week before you play this team.  

Carry on...good read...

Great idea! And practice falling onto the ground dramatically to get the ref to notice the first foul.

Sting W becomes very frustrated when they're losing by 3 & can't cross the half -  packing all the players into the box can't stop all the goals!
Be careful! Frustraion - aggression...then incidents.

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mma_steve 24/07/17, 04:14 pm

The most beautiful thing is that this team must be successful for SickofSilliness to be enamored with Webb and the continuous success....

mma_steve
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/07/17, 04:14 pm

KW is going to be KW. Whether winning and her players are being very "aggressive" to losing and KW throwing in the towel.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/07/17, 04:17 pm

goscore! wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:07 Coaches: be sure to work "bob and weave" into practice the week before you play this team.  

Carry on...good read...

Great idea! And practice falling onto the ground dramatically to get the ref to notice the first foul.

Sting W becomes very frustrated when they're losing by 3 & can't cross the half -  packing all the players into the box can't stop all the goals!
Be careful! Frustraion - aggression...then incidents.
Please show me a sting team that doesn't do this.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by boflc 24/07/17, 04:21 pm

my $0.01: it's simply the referee team that is losing here; no matter whether it's hyper-competitive kids, parents or coaches -- it's the job of the center /and/ the assistants to maintain a controlled environment that guarantees player safety (well, against/from other players, that is).

for the record, i witnessed kicking achilles from behind this weekend when a team was up. AR caught it, game was stopped, player was spoken to. it occurred again in the second half, but the opposite AR must have been sleeping. can't blame him, though, b/c it was about that time in the afternoon.

boflc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/07/17, 04:39 pm

boflc wrote:my $0.01: it's simply the referee team that is losing here; no matter whether it's hyper-competitive kids, parents or coaches -- it's the job of the center /and/ the assistants to maintain a controlled environment that guarantees player safety (well, against/from other players, that is).

for the record, i witnessed kicking achilles from behind this weekend when a team was up.  AR caught it, game was stopped, player was spoken to.  it occurred again in the second half, but the opposite AR must have been sleeping.  can't blame him, though, b/c it was about that time in the afternoon.

always love those intense "talking to" sessions

works every time Rolling Eyes

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 24/07/17, 04:41 pm

mma_steve wrote:The most beautiful thing is that this team must be successful for SickofSilliness to be enamored with Webb and the continuous success....

Excellent point. Please share the long history of success with TOP OLDER teams. I'm sure everyone would love to see it.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yank 24/07/17, 04:42 pm

I have to say the AR did his job. Prior to the incident escalating to the point where punches/slaps were thrown, the AR snapped his flag to get the attention of the central ref who immediately blew the whistle. The incident escalated while the central ref was jogging over to get an explanation from his AR.

yank
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/07/17, 04:50 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
boflc wrote:my $0.01: it's simply the referee team that is losing here; no matter whether it's hyper-competitive kids, parents or coaches -- it's the job of the center /and/ the assistants to maintain a controlled environment that guarantees player safety (well, against/from other players, that is).

for the record, i witnessed kicking achilles from behind this weekend when a team was up.  AR caught it, game was stopped, player was spoken to.  it occurred again in the second half, but the opposite AR must have been sleeping.  can't blame him, though, b/c it was about that time in the afternoon.

always love those intense "talking to" sessions

works every time Rolling Eyes
Works better than the cocked head, straight faced safe sign with the hands. At least he used his words.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_fam 24/07/17, 05:41 pm

I simply wish parents and fans wouldn't draw assumptions on what is being coached on and off the field. I would never have my daughter play for a coach who taught her to play "dirty". I have never seen it or heard it coached by Kat.
Yes, some players are more physical, some players have a harder time controlling their aggression, some players retaliate. I have seen these types of players on nearly every team we have played for and against. If you really think this is coached by KW, then I suggest you attend her practices and supply your video proof.
As someone who knows what happened, I can say that what was communicated by the coach was the need to restrain and not retaliate. The FC Dallas player was out of line to retaliate and now has to face the consequences. This is a great teaching opportunity for all the girls.
I do agree the refs were poor in handling the situation. The AR saw the elbow to the back by the Sting player and called the head ref over to tell him...while they were taking their sweet time, it escalated. The refs should have separated the girls immediately. Also, it is important to note that a few minutes prior to this, the same Sting player was already showing frustration, evidence in her two handed, fully extended arm push to the back of another FC Dallas player, which easily could have been carded as well.
The whole incident was unfortunate; hopefully, it will serve as a good teaching opportunity for the girls. I just ask that you don't jump to conclusions or draw assumptions when you simply don't know.

Soccer_fam
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 24/07/17, 05:46 pm

jogobonito06 wrote:
mma_steve wrote:The most beautiful thing is that this team must be successful for SickofSilliness to be enamored with Webb and the continuous success....

Excellent point.  Please share the long history of success with TOP OLDER teams.  I'm sure everyone would love to see it.  

Oh oh... I have one..I know a kid that received a concussion by being pushed down from behind with the ball on the other side of the field. Parents kept right on cheering and jeering. My guess is the only reason she's coaching higher teams is her license. Sad to see this scourge unleashed again.

soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/07/17, 05:48 pm

Soccer_fam wrote:The FC Dallas player was out of line to retaliate and now has to face the consequences. This is a great teaching opportunity for all the girls.
Hmmmm. This might be the dumbest statement ever.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yank 24/07/17, 06:02 pm

Keeper commander- Why is it the dumbest statement ever?

yank
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 24/07/17, 06:16 pm

soccerjack wrote:
goscore! wrote:
soccerjack wrote:because this behavior is taught.

I disagree 100%
I don't believe you can teach a kid to have more aggression, more passion, to care more...Some kids are naturally more aggressive and some are just timid. I know some great skilled players that are just too darn soft & some that turn into crazy people if they are losing or were fouled (perceived or real)
So, maybe KW just prefers players with a mean streak and fills her team with that kind of player, versus telling them to behave that way.

Also, I saw what happened b/w sting & webb and there wasn't a close fisted punch lol there was shoving and a open handed slap...a lot more girlie than MMA y'all

It's sad to have to respond to this post. Big difference between aggression and violence. Yes you want to recruit aggressive and physical players....but when the play becomes dirty and violent and it's condoned by the coach, you have culpability on the coaches part. What's worse is the parent looking the other way.

I would strongly suggest filming the game anytime you play this team. There is s track record of this behavior in the past.  

How is an altercation between 2 players "dirty play"

And how do you know what is condoned by the coach and how the parent handled it?

Dirty play is taking a player out from behind unexpectedly, sucker punches, biting, stuff like that. A fight is mutual - 2 players who know exactly what they are doing - and really this can barely be described as a fight! A bit of shoving and open handed swing, going both ways, is hardly dirty play Very Happy

Also, please share details on the track record?! Very interested...

Last edited by goscore! on 24/07/17, 06:26 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling & to address "track record")

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/07/17, 06:38 pm

yank wrote:Keeper commander- Why is it the dumbest statement ever?
Only out of line to retaliate? What about the initial altercation? Were they both stupid. Nope, just the retaliation.
It's a sport. Kids fall down. Kids get hurt sometimes. It's a shame but it happens. Don't blame the coach or parents. They are not inside the lines. Make player accountable.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum