Latest topics
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSYesterday at 11:56 pmNtxsoccerfan08
Here were go again - Games CancellationYesterday at 08:07 pmMurderWasTheCase
Defunct Club?Yesterday at 03:42 pmSoccerSuckers
07 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:49 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:48 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:47 pmU90C
Liverpool 09 Flynn Yesterday at 01:42 pmLP_Elite
FALL '18 - SPRING '19 CLASSIC LEAGUE KICK-OFF by GamedayYesterday at 11:32 amGameday 04 New
06 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 10:06 amU90C
05 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 10:04 amU90C
13 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 10:04 amU90C
Solar 11g Barnes Open practicesYesterday at 09:19 amSportsmanship
Solar Mattice 09B - Soccer OpportunitiesYesterday at 09:03 amkmattice
Team DQ'ed from Lake Highlands D323/09/18, 10:25 pmcoachdom23
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for players23/09/18, 09:55 amsoccaloco
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for players23/09/18, 09:55 amsoccaloco
FREE Liverpool Street Soccer - FRIDAY NIGHTS - Two Locations23/09/18, 08:04 amSoccerSuckers
U12 DA Landscape22/09/18, 11:32 pmfactsmatter
Week 1 in D122/09/18, 09:09 amTexanDad37
Team Bye22/09/18, 08:32 am7WhiskeyPapa
Club Payments22/09/18, 03:22 amupper95
Solar Bag #11 for sale21/09/18, 02:56 pmsolar2009girls
06 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)21/09/18, 02:13 pmU90C
TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL21/09/18, 02:03 pmPelepelepele
Possible DA girl moving to Texas21/09/18, 01:05 pm06Southgirl
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12668 registered users
The newest registered user is Boogeyman#21

Our users have posted a total of 182075 messages in 24170 subjects

Game of the Week:

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Game of the Week:

Post by TxFutbal on 12/09/17, 12:33 pm

Get your popcorn ready.. Tonight is going to be a show. '03 Texans TCL vs. '03 Solar Grado. This game is easily the game of the week. Finesse and speed vs. tough and tumble. Can't wait to see the results. To all the girls.. Good luck and play safe!

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1162
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by soccer 2014 on 12/09/17, 01:46 pm

Game videos for sale 1K a copy Shocked

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 38
Points : 1599
Join date : 2014-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by SolarPower00 on 12/09/17, 01:59 pm

"I need a trainer on field 5"
avatar
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 592
Points : 3105
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Big Ern on 12/09/17, 04:17 pm

Hmmm ...

So you'd rather watch that stuff than Solar U15 DA vs Texans U15 DA, or FCD U15 DA vs Houston Dash U15 DA this week huh?  And if you're one of those DA naysayers, you also have Solar 03 ECNL vs Albion Hurricane 03 ECNL.

Bamboozling --
scratch

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2489
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by TxFutbal on 12/09/17, 04:39 pm

Not a DA naysayer any stretch. It's just not for my DD's. I am sure the DA and ECNL games you mention are going to be fantastic matches. I just happen to know a bunch of girls on the 2 teams I referenced. I think these 2 teams match up well, always put on a good show by giving everything they have, and are well coached. I know the community is trying to establish a pecking order with all the various leagues and to them all i can say is "blah". Good soccer is good soccer no matter the league. For what it's worth, last weekend one of the best matches I have seen in probably 2 years was between 2 DIII teams in a different age group acting as if their match was the final match in the World Cup. It was a fantastic game. High energy, suspense, emotions, gut, and each girl taking accountability to impact the outcome.

Kudos to all the coaches out there teaching our girls how to play great soccer and helping to bring out the unbelievable passion they have even if they are not in what soccer snobs consider to be the "top levels". No need for shout outs.. You know who you are and keep on keepin on.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1162
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by soccerjack on 12/09/17, 05:34 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Not a DA naysayer any stretch. It's just not for my DD's.  I am sure the DA and ECNL games you mention are going to be fantastic matches. I just happen to know a bunch of girls on the 2 teams I referenced.  I think these 2 teams match up well, always put on a good show by giving everything they have, and are well coached.   I know the community is trying to establish a pecking order with all the various leagues and to them all i can say is "blah".  Good soccer is good soccer no matter the league.  For what it's worth, last weekend one of the best matches I have seen in probably 2 years was between 2 DIII teams in a different age group acting as if their match was the final match in the World Cup.  It was a fantastic game.  High energy, suspense, emotions, gut, and each girl taking accountability to impact the outcome.

Kudos to all the coaches out there teaching our girls how to play great soccer and helping to bring out the unbelievable passion they have even if they are not in what soccer snobs consider to be the "top levels".  No need for shout outs.. You know who you are and keep on keepin on.



Ahh hell....now you've really bamboozled ern.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 993
Points : 2557
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by BWsBW on 12/09/17, 05:41 pm

1/2 of the 22 rostered on DT are not 100%. Should be a decent game.

BWsBW
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 407
Join date : 2017-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Big Ern on 12/09/17, 06:32 pm

Understood and well put TxFutbal -

Since that game is tonight, I'd encourage you to get out to watch one of the other matches I mentioned on the weekend. Would be good for your girls to see as well.

Hope to see you out there -

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2489
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by soccerjack on 12/09/17, 08:57 pm

I believe they will be on fox after the cowboys. You should watch at home so you can rewind.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 993
Points : 2557
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by soccer 2014 on 12/09/17, 09:01 pm

Good game 2-1 Texans

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 38
Points : 1599
Join date : 2014-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by SickofStupidity on 12/09/17, 09:10 pm

soccerjack wrote:I believe they will be on fox after the cowboys. You should watch at home so you can rewind.

Dang. I was hoping for it to be on ESPN. Maybe give that Dipp another chance at broadcasting. But I see they opted for the Cornhole World Championships instead.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 880
Points : 2482
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Big Ern on 12/09/17, 09:52 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
soccerjack wrote:I believe they will be on fox after the cowboys. You should watch at home so you can rewind.

Dang.  I was hoping for it to be on ESPN.  Maybe give that Dipp another chance at broadcasting.  But I see they opted for the Cornhole World Championships instead.

^ Speaking of Sick of Silliness.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2489
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by TxFutbal on 13/09/17, 07:52 am

Didn't get to see the game because of the gas shortage and I am truly bummed about it. Way to go Texans and congrats on your win... And bummer for the Grado girls. I am sure you gave it everything you had.. Today is a new day. Lace up and get back to work.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1162
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 13/09/17, 08:56 am

soccer 2014 wrote: Good game 2-1 Texans

Shocked .. Was this the same Grado team in LHD2 that went 19-0, scored 75 goals and only gave up 3? Just curious . .
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 869
Points : 3319
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by TxFutbal on 13/09/17, 09:03 am

Can you imagine where the Grado team would be if age pure hadn't have bitten them. They lost offensive fire power with the split

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1162
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by SD69 on 13/09/17, 10:01 am

Just curious, what league was this in? Isn't Texans d2 and Grado d1 or am I missing something as usual?
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 3596
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by SolarPower00 on 13/09/17, 10:20 am

Both are LHGCL D1
avatar
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 592
Points : 3105
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Holly Hunter on 13/09/17, 11:10 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
soccer 2014 wrote: Good game 2-1 Texans

Shocked .. Was this the same Grado team in LHD2 that went 19-0, scored 75 goals and only gave up 3? Just curious . .

That very team, the match was a very spirited match from our vantage point. We were on another field and it sounded like the World Cup going on there on Field 5. Was curious the outcome cause based on all the cheers I had expected it to be a different outcome.
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 187
Points : 1633
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by soccerjack on 13/09/17, 11:34 am

Those two look to be the top in the new d-1.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 993
Points : 2557
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Holly Hunter on 13/09/17, 12:07 pm

soccerjack wrote:Those two look to be the top in the new d-1.

Maybe, there's a lot of season left to play out...
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 187
Points : 1633
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Holly Hunter on 13/09/17, 12:10 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Can you imagine where the Grado team would be if age pure hadn't have bitten them.  They lost offensive fire power with the split

As did many teams - throw in DA and the immediate defection of non-DA players heading to ECNL and a lot of teams were impacted - could you imagine what a lot of these teams might look like had none of that taken place?


Last edited by HeadHaunter on 13/09/17, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hate the whole affected vs effected so changed it to impacted... LOL)
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 187
Points : 1633
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Guest on 13/09/17, 12:19 pm

HeadHaunter wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:Can you imagine where the Grado team would be if age pure hadn't have bitten them.  They lost offensive fire power with the split

As did many teams - throw in DA and the immediate defection of non-DA players heading to ECNL and a lot of teams were affected - could you imagine what a lot of these teams might look like had none of that taken place?

I'm thinking they'd still both look like the 3rd best team in their age group at their respective clubs...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Holly Hunter on 13/09/17, 12:22 pm

bwgophers wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:Can you imagine where the Grado team would be if age pure hadn't have bitten them.  They lost offensive fire power with the split

As did many teams - throw in DA and the immediate defection of non-DA players heading to ECNL and a lot of teams were affected - could you imagine what a lot of these teams might look like had none of that taken place?

I'm thinking they'd still both look like the 3rd best team in their age group at their respective clubs...

OK, now that's funny right there... cheers lol!
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 187
Points : 1633
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by TxFutbal on 13/09/17, 01:16 pm

I bet there about 30 girls from those 2 teams that may disagree with you. Maybe the ECNL and DA teams/girls left LH because they were too scaarrd to play these 2 teams.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1162
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by 5050Ball on 13/09/17, 01:20 pm

TxFutbal wrote:I bet there about 30 girls from those 2 teams that may disagree with you.  Maybe the ECNL and DA teams/girls left LH because they were too scaarrd to play these 2 teams.  

Yeah, I can see that as a driving motivator. Rolling Eyes
avatar
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 211
Points : 1424
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum