North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Announcing New Club Invites - Page 9 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Announcing New Club Invites

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

Announcing New Club Invites - Page 9 Empty Re: Announcing New Club Invites

Post by TxFutbal 28/02/18, 05:18 pm

It's all Jerry's fault. He is so wrapped up in what Roger Goddell makes and why Roger cost Jerry his superbowl run by sidelining Zeke "the bobblehead" Elliott that he forgot to open the fields and line up his LLC with the Yankees concession money machine for the event. If Jerry would just stick to American Futbol and forget about his Arkansas insecurities by buying up half of Tejas the soccer world would be a better place.

I would have a lot more respect for Jerry and his cronies if they would DONATE the soccer lands for use and charge for maintenance and improvements only. It would be a nice tax write off with his sunk investment in the youth fields at Toyota and Moneygram (although not sure who owns that land fill).. or let him charge FCD for the entire Toyota complex with the stadium rental..

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/02/18, 08:25 pm

Big Ern wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:The @$_-. Show is what the forum has become in general... I'm sure we all love the witty banter of the trolls.

Not one single good debate can be had here anymore.

Agreed that the forum itself is a %$&# show ...

Do you ever get the feeling that the primary reason why this thing is so toxic, is that there are so many scorned parents on here with multiple logins spreading unfounded rumors based on widespread misconception just to stir up a bit of drama?  Hmmm ...

And when you really think about it, hasn't it always has been this way?  This begs the questions ...

If there hasn't been a "single good debate" here recently, when was there one?  What would make a great debate now?  Why don't you propose one?  If there were a good debate, would the forum cease being a %$&# show in your mind, and once again be up to your standards?

You boys are so naïve. Foxy has known the answer for awhile and you should too. A while back foxy asked herself, what the hell is going on with this board? Why is there no good banter? What changed it all? Whats bige wearing tonight? Did ziz catch Tat sleeping around him? So I grabbed a bottle of Barley wine and got to work.

After a little research I found that the last joy on this board was had after the 04's went select. People were joyeous, happy, sad, having a good time. The teams were the teams, there were grudge matches, good guys and bad guys. People had interest and there was an earned order. Coaches developed teams over a period of time and teams had some consistency. What changed I asked myself, Age Pure and JDL ...then DA shook up the older ages. The largest group of people on the board were in the younger age groups, with kids playing a game to get better, win, have fun and enjoy a sport. So Age pure blew up the order for no good reason this started the slide because it ripped away the identities of these teams. Then Jdl took away the competition that is, well... really why you play a sport. The side effect is it destroyed Lake Highlands which had its issues, but it had order and something to strive for. So what's left "development" and the individual not the team, power and money. Voila...You've managed to destroy the structure of a growing sport. Now at the older ages with all the leagues there is zero consistency from one to the next so there is now complete chaos. Dogs and cats mating the street. But DA should fix it all.

Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 28/02/18, 08:33 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:The @$_-. Show is what the forum has become in general... I'm sure we all love the witty banter of the trolls.

Do you ever get the feeling that the primary reason why this thing is so toxic, is that there are so many scorned parents on here with multiple logins spreading unfounded rumors based on widespread misconception just to stir up a bit of drama?  Hmmm ...

And when you really think about it, hasn't it always has been this way?  This begs the questions ...

If there hasn't been a "single good debate" here recently, when was there one?  What would make a great debate now?  Why don't you propose one?  If there were a good debate, would the forum cease being a %$&# show in your mind, and once again be up to your standards?

You boys are so naïve.  Foxy has known the answer for awhile and you should too.  A while back foxy asked herself, what the hell is going on with this board?  Why is there no good banter?  What changed it all?  Whats bige wearing tonight?  Did ziz catch Tat sleeping around him?  So I grabbed a bottle of Barley wine and got to work.  

After a little research I found that the last joy on this board was had after the 04's went select.  People were joyeous, happy, sad, having a good time.  The teams were the teams, there were grudge matches, good guys and bad guys.  People had interest and there was an earned order.  Coaches developed teams over a period of time and teams had some consistency.  What changed I asked myself, Age Pure and JDL ...then DA shook up the older ages.  The largest group of people on the board were in the younger age groups, with kids playing a game to get better, win, have fun and enjoy a sport.  So Age pure blew up the order for no good reason this started the slide because it ripped away the identities of these teams.  Then Jdl took away the competition that is, well... really why you play a sport.  The side effect is it destroyed Lake Highlands which had its issues, but it had order and something to strive for.  So what's left "development" and the individual not the team, power and money.  Voila...You've managed to destroy the structure of a growing sport.  Now at the older ages with all the leagues there is zero consistency from one to the next so there is now complete chaos.  Dogs and cats mating the street.  But DA should fix it all.

Foxy nails another one! Same thing up here in Okieland---dead board, lost sense of identity, etc... other changes involving OSA/TSC split also contributed..who knows, maybe a better "product" for the girls, but certainly not as fun for the boards! Used to be, when I thought the pre-AP 04 battles were crazy up here in OK, I'd saunter down to the NTX board and realize we were mere bench warmers compared to you guys! You had a great message board at that time...loads of fun and often very informative. Great teams, too...BTW, smart money on OFC Wink

bird04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 28/02/18, 10:03 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

You boys are so naïve.  Foxy has known the answer for awhile and you should too.  A while back foxy asked herself, what the hell is going on with this board?  Why is there no good banter?  What changed it all?  Whats bige wearing tonight?  Did ziz catch Tat sleeping around him?  So I grabbed a bottle of Barley wine and got to work.  

After a little research I found that the last joy on this board was had after the 04's went select.  People were joyeous, happy, sad, having a good time.  The teams were the teams, there were grudge matches, good guys and bad guys.  People had interest and there was an earned order.  Coaches developed teams over a period of time and teams had some consistency.  What changed I asked myself, Age Pure and JDL ...then DA shook up the older ages.  The largest group of people on the board were in the younger age groups, with kids playing a game to get better, win, have fun and enjoy a sport.  So Age pure blew up the order for no good reason this started the slide because it ripped away the identities of these teams.  Then Jdl took away the competition that is, well... really why you play a sport.  The side effect is it destroyed Lake Highlands which had its issues, but it had order and something to strive for.  So what's left "development" and the individual not the team, power and money.  Voila...You've managed to destroy the structure of a growing sport.  Now at the older ages with all the leagues there is zero consistency from one to the next so there is now complete chaos.  Dogs and cats mating the street.  But DA should fix it all.

Your best post yet. The 05s had some good banter too, but it fell apart for the reasons you cite.  As most clubs have abandoned the team-first for player-first culture in their better teams, so goes the forum. Hopefully we will see teams that stick together for more than a year going forward, but I highly doubt it.  Heck, some clubs don't even give the girls a full year together.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 01/03/18, 06:09 am

Titles mean more than team in NTX. It's going to be another circus this next cycle. I don't disagree contracts for soccer brings no value to the player w rosters changing by season. Why can't we go to month to month. That would be a huge improvement to the pay to play marketplace. Why hold the player hostage when the clubs stack the teams in the spring.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 01/03/18, 06:27 pm

Zizou wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:Anson has been a vocal opponent of it since the day it was announced...

I would not call that late.  

Isn't you kid a junior or senior this year ziz... Great player, wish her well at the next level.

Thank you,

I just think the cards have already been played by both groups. A marriage at this point would only happen if the other decided to take a back seat. Good luck with that!
I think a marriage at this point truly would water down a league. If that even could happen I think this would do it. You don’t make it bigger you make it smaller. Like a triangle the top division is the smallest.
Great example of getting too big is Surf Cup. Going after the money instead of just inviting the best.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 01/03/18, 06:31 pm

This board went to crap long after the 04’s went select, long after the 05’s even. Right about the time all the multiple users came on board. Posting useless and meaningless jargon. Cryptic phrases that no one knows what they mean.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 01/03/18, 06:52 pm

There is no cryptic message behind meth mans posts. I've heard he's an 8 yr old that found the board and loves it.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 01/03/18, 08:31 pm

MedMan be drunk texting...

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 01/03/18, 08:34 pm

Shake it like a salt shaker Foxy. When are we getting the inside scoop.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 01/03/18, 08:49 pm

I'm hearing announcement coming tomorrow for Energy and DA...I guess we will see how good my informants are...
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 01/03/18, 09:02 pm

Yeah, I’m hearing the same thing.... I won’t believe OFC will get a bid until I see/hear it though. Although, logistically it makes a lot of sense.

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Saul Goodman 01/03/18, 09:10 pm

FC Kansas City has dropped out of DA and will not complete the season.

http://www.worldclasscoaching.com/wccforums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=102470&page=89

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 01/03/18, 09:11 pm

OkieEnergyDad wrote:I'm hearing announcement coming tomorrow for Energy and DA...I guess we will see how good my informants are...

With that KC club kicked out, it would make sense.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 01/03/18, 09:13 pm

Nm

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 01/03/18, 09:20 pm

Who's next to get the boot? I have a hunch.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 01/03/18, 09:37 pm

FYI, what I heard was our girls got DA and our boys did not...like I said, we will see how good my sources are tomorrow...
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 01/03/18, 10:05 pm

I wonder what the Tulsa people will think about this, if OFC gets DA?

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 01/03/18, 10:11 pm

IF Texans U15 wasn’t doing well I would def say Texans would be out...KC ousting made their U14 the bottom of the tank.

It sucks that the Texans have been giving McDonalds like service while Solar and FCD servicing like Chick Fil A. Smdh.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 02/03/18, 12:26 am

Big Ole Soccer Balls wrote:I wonder what the Tulsa people will think about this, if OFC gets DA?

This is great news for Oklahoma soccer as long as Energy doesn't get blown out of every age group and become the Sting Austin of the league. Energy has a lot of work to do to compete at this level but Tulsa is rooting for them.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/03/18, 06:28 am

Sounds like to me we should know the DA landscape for the next cycle. It will be interesting to see if anyone decides to jump ship or be relegated. Got to win games just like any other competitive league or you get demoted.

Watch "Rod Stewart Infatuation" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/nH_xiZZheg4

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 02/03/18, 07:25 am

Medicine Man wrote:Sounds like to me we should know the DA landscape for the next cycle. It will be interesting to see if anyone decides to jump ship or be relegated. Got to win games just like any other competitive league or you get demoted.

Watch "Rod Stewart   Infatuation" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/nH_xiZZheg4

What??!? Shocked

I thought it was all about player development over the long-term, and playing the "DA" way.  Not about short-term wins and losses.  As we are constantly reminded, they are only 7 months into DA.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 02/03/18, 08:13 am

Question.....If DA drops your DD team, do the parents get a partial refund? whats next?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 02/03/18, 08:24 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:Question.....If DA drops your DD team, do the parents get a partial refund? whats next?
I was under the impression most if not all DA programs were discounted from normal fees anyway. If true maybe the club charges them the full boat fees since they are not in DA anymore. lol!

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 02/03/18, 08:25 am

FCKC won't be coming to Dallas or Houston. There's that savings.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 02/03/18, 08:27 am

Next question. So if you have to win or be ousted by DA isn’t that completely against what development in this new structure is all about. Anyone willing to answer? E?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next