North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NTX girl soccer speculations - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

NTX girl soccer speculations

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NTX girl soccer speculations - Page 2 Empty Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Foxysoccermom 01/05/18, 11:53 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:PK's comments aren't intended to be, but have "troll substance" and that's not a good thing.

So you're saying pk is a tad slow and might have a touch of mesothelioma?

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 01/05/18, 12:04 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:PK's comments aren't intended to be, but have "troll substance" and that's not a good thing.

Cash Settlement.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/05/18, 12:15 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:

MSothelioma.  Symptoms have been know to linger for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 01/05/18, 12:36 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:

MSothelioma.  Symptoms have been know to linger for years.

I bet that flew over pks head like a soccer ball kicked from the back to the front in an fcd da game.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 02/05/18, 12:12 am

PowerKick wrote:
5050Ball wrote:There are well over 100 NTX kids headed to play in college next year from non-DA/ECNL teams.  That is the case every year.

Out of these 100, how many of them play D1 in colleges? I guess most of them attended the colleges only known by local.

Most of good colleges are shifting to recruit on DA/FDL leagues, that is the trend.

While true, the prettiest soccer is not played in D1. You have to go down a NCAA level or two to watch the beautiful game. However if you like the big, strong, fast athletes playing a heavy direct style, then D1 it is.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/05/18, 06:14 am

What does it all mean?

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 08:24 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
Most of good colleges are shifting to recruit on DA/FDL leagues, that is the trend.

FDL is a little more than a press release.  That is it.  And it is local - only TX and OK.  You are a little more than an idiot.

Mornin' TBurger --

Strictly for informational purposes in case you didn't know (guessing from your language in this post you may not, but will probably tell us you did) ... FDL is just 1 of 8 of the new USYS National League conferences that will be structured in the same way starting next year.  And you can expect this to grow towards the Southwest in the near future --

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/us-youth-soccer-announces-new-leagues-structure---the-us-youth-soccer-national-leagues/

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 02/05/18, 08:36 am

I don't get on here a whole lot anymore..but wow, what a mess this has all turned into.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 02/05/18, 08:37 am

Yaaayyyyy.....more new ***Bad Language*** to become old ***Bad Language*** once some more new ***Bad Language*** surfaces!!

Unstable US soccer landscape that changes like the weather.
All for the betterment of what?? Soccer?

Im just waiting on the results....can someone provide an estimated time table of when significant results will be seen and documented?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 02/05/18, 08:49 am

Big Ern wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

FDL is a little more than a press release.  That is it.  And it is local - only TX and OK.  You are a little more than an idiot.

Mornin' TBurger --

Strictly for informational purposes in case you didn't know (guessing from your language in this post you may not, but will probably tell us you did) ... FDL is just 1 of 8 of the new USYS National League conferences that will be structured in the same way starting next year.  And you can expect this to grow towards the Southwest in the near future --

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/us-youth-soccer-announces-new-leagues-structure---the-us-youth-soccer-national-leagues/

Great, another press release.  Thanks Biggie.  Now I am convinced it will take 3 years to take hold and actually have an impact.  Let's keep churning the dirty water and expect it will be clear and drinkable some day.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 09:10 am

Has US Soccer ever been clear water?  Should we hearken back to the good ole' days of our entire NT being from New Jersey?

I understand that if you're looking strictly at the past few years before many of you had kids or cared at all about the sport, it seems messy and ever changing.  

This particular release isn't an announcement for a new league, just a refinement dictated by the market that, in my opinion, will help to simplify things rather than muddy the waters.  I believe (as the USSDA, USYS and US Club do) that these refinements are being made in the best interest of the sport and all involved.  Sure, it's still messy during transitional years, but this particular development should result in this in the very near future ...  

GDA clubs have USYS National Leagues underneath (i.e. FDL)
ECNL clubs have US Club Leagues underneath (i.e. TCL)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 09:14 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:Yaaayyyyy.....more new ***Bad Language*** to become old ***Bad Language*** once some more new ***Bad Language*** surfaces!!

Unstable US soccer landscape that changes like the weather.
All for the betterment of what?? Soccer?

Im just waiting on the results....can someone provide an estimated time table of when significant results will be seen and documented?

This stuff always gives me the giggles --

The answer is ... You may not even be around anymore and if you are, you won't give a sh$t because your kids will be married with their own kids  Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 02/05/18, 09:21 am

That long?!...lmao
So in other words I shouldn’t give a damn now either and just roll with the flow....

I was just curious.

I have a ‘10 also so maybe she’ll be married too and futsal will be the in thing.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 09:36 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:That long?!...lmao
So in other words I shouldn’t give a damn now either and just roll with the flow....

I was just curious.

I have a ‘10 also so maybe she’ll be married too and futsal will be the in thing.

Funny --

I have a '10 as well.  And yes ... As many of the older + wiser folks have written here over the years, just get your kid(s) in the best possible situation(s) and enjoy the ride.  That may mean that one of your kids plays here, and the other(s) plays there.  

You can bet that most of the negativity on this forum is spurned from parents that made poor decisions for their kid(s) to begin with due to what the parent wanted rather than what was best for the child, which in this market, we all know is easy to do.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 02/05/18, 09:48 am

Not necessarily...but then again that’s sort of generalizing. Negativity as you may perceive it may just be simple aggravation of the constant...what we (maybe) perceive as unwarranted change. Don’t tell me you’re that cool you don’t sigh from frustration or even cuss at things you have no control over...it’s all good right?

It almost seems like you take it personal that posters express their distaste.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 02/05/18, 09:54 am

Big Ern wrote:

I was just curious.

Funny --

I have a '10 as well.  And yes ... As many of the older + wiser folks have written here over the years, just get your kid(s) in the best possible situation(s) and enjoy the ride.  That may mean that one of your kids plays here, and the other(s) plays there.  

You can bet that most of the negativity on this forum is spurned from parents that made poor decisions for their kid(s) to begin with due to what the parent wanted rather than what was best for the child, which in this market, we all know is easy to do.

Good advice. Couple of other points I would add:
. Don't worry about positioning your DD for National Team Consideration. If she is good enough they will find her and be beating down your door for her to come play.

. Think long and hard about College Soccer. Is it in your DD's long term best interest to devote the time? Often not enough $ involved given the time away from the books involved. Answer is different for all but worth thinking about.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 10:07 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:Not necessarily...but then again that’s sort of generalizing. Negativity as you may perceive it may just be simple aggravation of the constant...what we (maybe) perceive as unwarranted change. Don’t tell me you’re that cool you don’t sigh from frustration or even cuss at things you have no control over...it’s all good right?

It almost seems like you take it personal that posters express their distaste.

Understood AG, but hence the word "most".  And no -- Not many sighs or much frustration that I can recall ... and until someone writes something negative directed at one of my kids, I would never take anything written on this forum personally.

Very Happy

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 10:09 am

Lefty wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

I was just curious.

Funny --

Good advice.  Couple of other points I would add:
. Don't worry about positioning your DD for National Team Consideration.  If she is good enough they will find her and be beating down your door for her to come play.

. Think long and hard about College Soccer.  Is it in your DD's long term best interest to devote the time?  Often not enough $ involved given the time away from the books involved.  Answer is different for all but worth thinking about.

I'm not a fan of using this one, but ... cheers  ^

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 02/05/18, 10:12 am

Don't wonder "why" the change....just "accept" the change.

I guess...

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/05/18, 10:17 am

As I mentioned, I believe the majority of these changes are backed by valid reasoning, purpose and have goals.

If you're referring to why the new USYS structure, I've listed a few reasons in this and other recent (I think) threads.  If you're referring to other changes and are interested in my opinion as to "why", let me know here or via PM and I'd be happy to give them --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 02/05/18, 10:18 am

I asked a question...not being rude but I get advice instead of answers or insight.

I know SAT scores are more important than goals scored.
I know academic scholarships are more important and better than athletic.

I just asked...why the change?

Last edited by AngelinaGoalee on 02/05/18, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 02/05/18, 10:21 am

Big Ern wrote:As I mentioned, I believe the majority of these changes are backed by valid reasoning, purpose and have goals.

If you're referring to why the new USYS structure, I've listed a few reasons in this and other recent (I think) threads.  If you're referring to other changes and are interested in my opinion as to "why", let me know here or via PM and I'd be happy to give them --

What's the impact on SRPL?
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 02/05/18, 10:31 am

Big Ern wrote:Has US Soccer ever been clear water?  Should we hearken back to the good ole' days of our entire NT being from New Jersey?

I understand that if you're looking strictly at the past few years before many of you had kids or cared at all about the sport, it seems messy and ever changing.  

This particular release isn't an announcement for a new league, just a refinement dictated by the market that, in my opinion, will help to simplify things rather than muddy the waters.  I believe (as the USSDA, USYS and US Club do) that these refinements are being made in the best interest of the sport and all involved.  Sure, it's still messy during transitional years, but this particular development should result in this in the very near future ...  

GDA clubs have USYS National Leagues underneath (i.e. FDL)
ECNL clubs have US Club Leagues underneath (i.e. TCL)

I hear ya Biggie.  The intention is there but is the ability to execute?  I am with Angie and just tired of being frustrated with the constant changes.  I need to just roll with it.

My real concern with FDL is that it is unquestionably a B league.  It involves DA clubs and therefore is made up of the B teams of those clubs.  Honest question to you because you have more national exposure than I do:  How many DA clubs can field 2 strong teams?  The DA team will be the top team but can a second "B" team really compete?  ECNL will never be that because there are clubs that only do ECNL and can roll out their top squads.  Whether it is a Sting or a Michigan Hawks, the top team is in ECNL.  Is there enough talent in the DA clubs to make FDL and those 8 others truly competitive and a venue for college scouts?  Asking for Pk, who I consider a close friend.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 02/05/18, 10:32 am

Big Ern wrote:As I mentioned, I believe the majority of these changes are backed by valid reasoning, purpose and have goals.

Thanks for the invite...rather discuss it verbally on a sunny day. Text tone often get misconstrued and my "why" is a more rhetorical one...

Like when you yell to to the refs "HOW??!!" lol.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 02/05/18, 10:37 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:I asked a question...not being rude but I get advice instead of answers or insight.

I know SAT scores are more important than goals scored.
I know academic scholarships are more important and better than athletic.

I just asked...why the change?

Same as always:
. Money
. Power
. Control

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 02/05/18, 10:38 am

jogobonito06 wrote:

What's the impact on SRPL?

same question -

as I read it -

"The current system of US Youth Soccer Regional Leagues (Eastern Regional League, Midwest Regional League, Southern Regional Premier League and the Far West Regional League) will cease to exist at the conclusion of the 2017-18 soccer season."

and yet one club posting new tryouts this morning advertising their involvement next year in SRPL

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next