North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Thoughts? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Thoughts?

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts?

Post by Losblancos7 03/10/19, 02:21 pm

So on that note, what’s your prediction? Smile

Losblancos7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Samba vs renegades

Post by morgannespeck 05/10/19, 05:19 pm

Samba won 6-0 today. Dominated the field ...

morgannespeck
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Losblancos7 05/10/19, 05:58 pm

WOW! That’s a big margin! So it looks like that kills the debate over how close Renegades are to Samaba.

Losblancos7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 05/10/19, 06:14 pm

Renegades did well defensively, they didn’t make it easy on the girls and def made them try hard. I don’t mean this is as a slight...there are levels to this and Samba and Colvin are just at a different level at this juncture of 2010ity...

Trust me...WE want more competitive games in the girls division. Sucks we have to play boys.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Losblancos7 05/10/19, 06:20 pm

Samba seems like they have been on a really good winning streak.

Losblancos7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WinTheChipzRdown 05/10/19, 09:49 pm

WinTheChipzRdown wrote:
FOURGS wrote:In my opinion, both teams are overrated.  There are some teams currently ranked below them that are catching up quick.

Your first post is a stupid @$$ troll opinion
And or
A damn lie!!

Keep it square, Colvin is solid and at the top of 1&2 but after that, the drop off is obvious.

I didn’t mean anything by this but my daughters team has played all 1-3 and I knew that there was a drop off from what I observed. Looks like I was right.

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FOURGS 06/10/19, 08:09 pm

WinTheChipzRdown wrote:
WinTheChipzRdown wrote:
FOURGS wrote:In my opinion, both teams are overrated.  There are some teams currently ranked below them that are catching up quick.

Your first post is a stupid @$$ troll opinion
And or
A damn lie!!

Keep it square, Colvin is solid and at the top of 1&2 but after that, the drop off is obvious.

I didn’t mean anything by this but my daughters team has played all 1-3 and I knew that there was a drop off from what I observed. Looks like I was right.

Don't worry about it. I'm seeing now that it was just wishful thinking. Looks like the league is competitive for all but 2 teams. Solar Colvin and Texans Samba are in a league of their own.

FOURGS
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 08/12/19, 03:18 am

lol... That was my post. So who is better now Solar or Texans? Any updates on latest games between those 2 teams? We didn't get a chance to play Texans but Solar beat them last time. They seem very solid. I personally thought they were the top g2010 in North Texas.

"There is a difference between a great soccer player & a great scorer"

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 08/12/19, 11:42 am

luis andres wrote:lol... That was my post. So who is better now Solar or Texans? Any updates on latest games between those 2 teams? We didn't get a chance to play Texans but Solar beat them last time. They seem very solid. I personally thought they were the top g2010 in North Texas.

Not to be a jerk, but I guess if you are going to post videos of your daughter, call her the "goat" (greatest of all time?) and make it clear that she is the best 1v1 player in all of California then you are looking for comments...

Looks like a nice player, but that is a very unimpressive season long highlight tape for someone who is supposed to be the best player in Socal.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 08/12/19, 11:54 am

timmyh wrote:
luis andres wrote:lol... That was my post. So who is better now Solar or Texans? Any updates on latest games between those 2 teams? We didn't get a chance to play Texans but Solar beat them last time. They seem very solid. I personally thought they were the top g2010 in North Texas.

Not to be a jerk, but I guess if you are going to post videos of your daughter, call her the "goat" (greatest of all time?) and make it clear that she is the best 1v1 player in all of California then you are looking for comments...

Looks like a nice player, but that is a very unimpressive season long highlight tape for someone who is supposed to be the best player in Socal.

Thats's my signature I carry it across all the forums I'm part of. Change the videos every so often. This was last week's surf finals. It's 1 game's highlights. You can create your own signature as well. It's a cool little marketing tool forums give you. So all my posts will contain it if you are viewing from a computer. On the phone you won't see it.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 08/12/19, 11:59 am

timmyh wrote:

We are the team that came from CAS over the summer and beat Solar Colvin during group stage at the Super Copa. They are a strong team. I personally thought they were the best g2010 team in N Texas. They should come to next Surf and see if they can take out the giants over there. Texans Samba did a good job but came up short. I could see this Solar team get to semis or finals down there.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 08/12/19, 12:09 pm

There are 3 top teams over there that we can't beat . SDSC , Eagles and SC Blues. The Solar Colvin team reminds me of the SC Blues team. Big tall, fast physical girls. Those 2 teams going at it would be one hell of a matchup. We are a small homegrown team OLE G2010 who need to play a more possession style soccer to compete. But hey, if you got the players, why not play that German direct ball physical game. Really you guys have some solid teams up here. I was impressed. We lost 0-3 in the Finals against Blues but my DD had a hell of a game.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 09/12/19, 10:13 am

luis andres wrote:There are 3 top teams over there that we can't beat . SDSC , Eagles and SC Blues. The Solar Colvin team reminds me of the SC Blues team. Big tall, fast physical girls. Those 2 teams going at it would be one hell of a matchup. We are a small homegrown team OLE G2010 who need to play a more possession style soccer to compete. But hey, if you got the players, why not play that German direct ball physical game. Really you guys have some solid teams up here. I was impressed. We lost 0-3 in the Finals against Blues but my DD had a hell of a game.

You come off very condescending and insincere.
I will file this as hyperbole.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 09/12/19, 10:22 am

What to say that imo Solar Colvin and Texans Samba are the top 2 teams out there? I don’t think so. If anyone can say otherwise please explain why.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 09/12/19, 10:37 am

If you can't detect the vicarious delusions of grandeur in your every statement well then, like I said, file this one as hyperbole.
FYI I am a Samba parent!

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 09/12/19, 10:45 am

@luis andres
just saying, that's a very humble signature.
can you at least detect sarcasm!?!?

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 09/12/19, 11:34 am

luis andres wrote:What to say that imo Solar Colvin and Texans Samba are the top 2 teams out there? I don’t think so. If anyone can say otherwise please explain why.

Now, while trying to NOT come off as you do, I will attempt to, as unbiased as possible, answer your Samba, Solar Colvin inquiry.
At any given moment in time Samba and Colvin are perfectly interchangeable for the #1 spot in NTX.
It depends on which of the two ways you want to look at it.
1) Head to head: In the last year Colvin has beaten Samba in most head to head match-ups. Samba was rebuilding and had major injuries in a few of them (  broken foot, concussions, and my daughter who is Sambas center-mid had a broken collarbone ) but I will not use that as an excuse. You field who you field. Edge Colvin!
2) Recent record in totality: Since Surf Cup Sambas record has been 27-1-2 with the 2 ties coming against a 2010 boys team and a TOP 2009 girls team. The 1 loss coming against the TOP 2009 in South Tx.
In the same time-frame Colvin record has been 17-4-4 with some very underwhelming losses recently to teams that Samba defeated easily. I do not know the who's-what's-why's of Solars recent slump but I do know they have been "rearranging " things lately. but I will not use that as an excuse. You field who you field. Edge Samba!

fact checking can be done at:
https://youthsoccerrankings.us/rankings/National/10/Girls/

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 09/12/19, 12:01 pm

a beautiful mind wrote:
luis andres wrote:What to say that imo Solar Colvin and Texans Samba are the top 2 teams out there? I don’t think so. If anyone can say otherwise please explain why.

Now, while trying to NOT come off as you do, I will attempt to, as unbiased as possible, answer your Samba, Solar Colvin inquiry.
At any given moment in time Samba and Colvin are perfectly interchangeable for the #1 spot in NTX.
It depends on which of the two ways you want to look at it.
1) Head to head: In the last year Colvin has beaten Samba in most head to head match-ups. Samba was rebuilding and had major injuries in a few of them (  broken foot, concussions, and my daughter who is Sambas center-mid had a broken collarbone ) but I will not use that as an excuse. You field who you field. Edge Colvin!
2) Recent record in totality: Since Surf Cup Sambas record has been 27-1-2 with the 2 ties coming against a 2010 boys team and a TOP 2009 girls team. The 1 loss coming against the TOP 2009 in South Tx.
In the same time-frame Colvin record has been 17-4-4 with some very underwhelming losses recently to teams that Samba defeated easily. I do not know the who's-what's-why's of Solars recent slump but I do know they have been "rearranging " things lately. but I will not use that as an excuse. You field who you field. Edge Samba!

I do gotta say that you guys have really solid team that probably should be ranked a little higher at least nationally. The interesting thing about Surf tournament was that Samba's team was the only team to tie the champs MVLA during group stage. While the #1 and #2 nationally ranked teams lost to MVLA. Sometime big physical teams find a way to beat the smaller sized teams. Like maybe Solar has. So that may be why you guys have better over all record than them but have lost the matchups against them.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Losblancos7 09/12/19, 12:52 pm

I heard Samba lost one of their good players to Colvin recently. Is there any truth to that?

Losblancos7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 09/12/19, 12:56 pm

@Luis Andres' quote
"The interesting thing about Surf tournament was that Samba's team was the only team to tie the champs MVLA during group stage. While the #1 and #2 nationally ranked teams lost to MVLA."

This was intriguing to me also. By the way....MVLA only scored on us off of a free kick after a foul right outside of the box. 5 mins away from the semis *sigh* oh well. SoCal teams have obviously set the bar. If I could play those teams every week I would. On any given weekend....I guess.....

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 09/12/19, 01:04 pm

Losblancos7 wrote:I heard Samba lost one of their good players to Colvin recently. Is there any truth to that?

I love it when a person disguises a statement as a question lol
That question reeks of "alreadyknowingness"
my snarky response should answer your question.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 09/12/19, 01:19 pm

@Luis Andres' quote
"The interesting thing about Surf tournament was that Samba's team was the only team to tie the champs MVLA during group stage. While the #1 and #2 nationally ranked teams lost to MVLA."

Besides, you never know when a 9 year old girl is just "not gonna show up to play".  How many games have been lost due to "8am on a Saturday" syndrome? Or "7pm on a Sunday" Syndrome? We've lost to " not gonna run in 100+ degree and not gonna run in 30 degree " syndromes lol. that's why I say "on any given weekend....."

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 09/12/19, 01:23 pm

a beautiful mind wrote:@Luis Andres' quote

This was intriguing to me also. By the way....MVLA only scored on us off of a free kick after a foul right outside of the box. 5 mins away from the semis *sigh* oh well. SoCal teams have obviously set the bar. If I could play those teams every week I would. On any given weekend....I guess.....

That's where its at. Thats why we do the big tournaments and we are even going to the next super copa. The girls just grow after these tournaments. Great for development.

a beautiful mind wrote:@Luis Andres' quote

Besides, you never know when a 9 year old girl is just "not gonna show up to play".  How many games have been lost due to "8am on a Saturday" syndrome? Or "7pm on a Sunday" Syndrome? We've lost to " not gonna run in 100+ degree and not gonna run in 30 degree " syndromes lol. that's why I say "on any given weekend....."

To me the best teams are the ones that can play most consistent given the weather or any other factors. It is true they are all young but the ones that can bring it every time just shows the maturity level they have as competitors for such a young age. They have the mental aspect as well versus teams that are inconsistent but that are also good.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Losblancos7 09/12/19, 01:48 pm

So I take that as a yes....

Losblancos7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 09/12/19, 02:26 pm

@Luis Andres' quote
To me the best teams are the ones that can play most consistent given the weather or any other factors. It is true they are all young but the ones that can bring it every time just shows the maturity level they have as competitors for such a young age. They have the mental aspect as well versus teams that are inconsistent but that are also good.

Thats easy to say in SoCal weather

@Luis Andres' quote
Thats why we do the big tournaments and we are even going to the next super copa.

Gotta qualify or get an invitation first lol. I'm sure you have/will....
Cya in Cincinnati

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 09/12/19, 02:38 pm

@a beautiful mind. Due to our performance in Texas, we are already accepted. Looking forward to a possible Texans Samba game.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next