North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Thoughts? - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Thoughts?

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Thoughts? - Page 4 Empty Re: Thoughts?

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 12:23 am

Look guys, my daughter can't be everywhere on the field. Soccer is a team sport. Every the team that has a Messi on the team will get beat. I'm out here seeing who are the top 2010 teams and girl players in the country for the 2010 division. I'm waiting for that video wit that player that has both the defense and offense to give my daughter a run for her money. Most the good players have one or the other. My daughter you can say is the best defender and a really, really good offensive player. The video of the Texan CM shows a really, really good offensive player that is quick and can cut really well while dribbling even better than my daughter. And many of the girls on our team can look like all stars against a team they blow out 15+ goals. I'd like to see some footage of her playing a team like Solar and running through players like that. Then you really got my attention. My daughter uses the faint move over the cutting move when getting by players. And like I said her forte is winning balls. Defensive minded first. Steals the ball and she takes off with a counter attack. She loves to pass the ball and make plays. I tell her to be more of a ball hog but she won't do it on offense only on counter attacks. Lets see the videos of your best players going against the top teams. That's what I'm showing in mine.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 12/12/19, 12:28 am

https://youtu.be/rFsU2SPS4B4
Not clever enough to embed, but this link is a video of a U10 that popped up in my feed the other day. Naomi is now Stanford's sophomore center back and just won a natty.

And as a bonus, here as a U9... https://youtu.be/PTLLm294Ako

She's probably one of the 10 best players her age in the country. In other words, there probably a dozen U10s out there right now that are at least as good as that. Put together a mixtape like this Luis, and I'll then be duly impressed.

Last edited by timmyh on 12/12/19, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 12:42 am

She had some definite speed and strength when she was 9. And very big too. Definitely a solid player that can run fast with the ball. But I dont think she moved better than my DD and the Texas cm either. She definitely looks stronger and more physical. Does not have the lateral quickness like the Texan cm and my DD. No doubt she at Stamford can’t deny she is a really good player from such a young age. She also lacks some technical skills in comparison as well. She had a nice sole back move but her ball control in other plays wasn’t that great.

"There is a difference between a great soccer player & a great scorer"

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 12:44 am

Any thought on that little Brazilian girl? What you guys think of her? And would love to see some clips of your best players going against the best teams. As I’ve shown. Like I mentioned any good player can look like a goat against a team they blow out 21-0

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 12/12/19, 09:52 am

this nonsense is fun until we get to the point where we are insulting kids. that's where I bow out gracefully. we're already toeing that line dangerously close. proceed with caution.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 09:54 am

I found this player from Houston on Instagram @Houstonsoccergirl She seems to move pretty good for her age and has both defensive and offensive top skills unfortunately, she was a 2009. Believe or not but that 1 year from u10- u11 is when you really start to see a dramatic change in their game if they consistently practice so you will starry to see a lot of good players starting u11. It’s very rare to find before except I’ve found one in so cal and she is a 2012 on Instagram  @feifabiola. She was playing in the Surf Finals and is seen in the video I’ve shared. She is a true unicorn for her age. But still looking for those 2010’s I though Texas May have one or two of those special players that can make other top players on the good teams look just look average.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 10:02 am

a beautiful mind wrote:this nonsense is fun until we get to the point where we are insulting kids. that's where I bow out gracefully. we're already toeing that line dangerously close. proceed with caution.

Totally understand and we are not here to insult anyone. We were just discussing who might be some of the top players within this age group. I personally don’t mind anyone taking jabs at my DD and picking apart her game. I’m cool with it. And I’m totally respectful to what you guys have posted. Only thing I mentioned is that I would like to see a clip of the cm against a top team that can defend as any good player can look like a goat against another team that got blown out 21-0. That’s not insulting in any way. It’s being honest.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 10:05 am

timmyh wrote:
Not clever enough to embed, but this link is a video of a U10 that popped up in my feed the other day. Naomi is now Stanford's sophomore center back and just won a natty.

And as a bonus, here as a U9...

She's probably one of the 10 best players her age in the country. In other words, there probably a dozen U10s out there right now that are at least as good as that. Put together a mixtape like this Luis, and I'll then be duly impressed.

I’ve seen the second one before. She is definitely  good but this was 9 years ago. I’m talking about 2019. Our 2010’s who’s starting to stand out. Aside from the Samba and Colvin team. Any of the other top 8 teams have any goat like players?

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 12/12/19, 10:09 am

heres my advice. make sure your kiddos are doing something unique, original on the pitch. something that sets them apart. as well as being strong technically. heres why I say this, our daughters may have gotten good early, they may be ahead of the curve, but think....when it comes to ball skills ( step-overs and such ) about time they are 12,13, everyone player will have those skills. the gap WILL close. at that point how will they standout from the 1000 other girls who can do the same thing? are they truly faster? can they create their own goals? when using the eye test do they honestly stand out? if they are unique, carry on. but if not, get to work.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 10:18 am

a beautiful mind wrote:heres my advice. make sure your kiddos are doing something unique, original on the pitch. something that sets them apart. as well as being strong technically. heres why I say this, our daughters may have gotten good early, they may be ahead of the curve, but think....when it comes to ball skills ( step-overs and such ) about time they are 12,13, everyone player will have those skills. the gap WILL close. at that point how will they standout from the 1000 other girls who can do the same thing? are they truly faster? can they create their own goals? when using the eye test do they honestly stand out? if they are unique, carry on. but if not, get to work.

Great point. Unfortunately at this age u10. The over developed kid is always going to stand out. But that all changes in a few years after the rest of the girls
catch up. My DD is not no over grown kid that one can say she has the physical advantage. She is average sized but has shown a natural tendency to tackle and win balls. Never once have I or her coach taught her how to defend. All I work with her is offense and she seems to surprise me every time with her D and her counter attacks. That’s a special quality I see in her at a very young age. Her timing and accuracy to tackle is way ahead of her age group.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 12/12/19, 10:24 am

luis andres wrote:
a beautiful mind wrote:this nonsense is fun until we get to the point where we are insulting kids. that's where I bow out gracefully. we're already toeing that line dangerously close. proceed with caution.

Totally understand and we are not here to insult anyone. We were just discussing who might be some of the top players within this age group. I personally don’t mind anyone taking jabs at my DD and picking apart her game. I’m cool with it. And I’m totally respectful to what you guys have posted. Only thing I mentioned is that I would like to see a clip of the cm against a top team that can defend as any good player can look like a goat against another team that got blown out 21-0. That’s not insulting in any way. It’s being honest.

how about the eye test? when you look at my daughters video do you see something different? did that look coached up or God -given? do you honestly think that we were playing a bad team so she somehow summoned those skills for that one game OR does it look like that's just what the hell she does?

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 10:28 am

a beautiful mind wrote:
luis andres wrote:

how about the eye test? when you look at my daughters video do you see something different? did that look coached up or God -given? do you honestly think that we were playing a bad team so she somehow summoned those skills for that one game OR does it look like that's just what the hell she does?

You are right about that. She has the awareness at a very young age. That I cannot deny and is a very good trait for her age level. She is smart to recognize her surroundings. My DD does the same at games. She is always looking around and another thing I admire about her game at this age is that when she dribbles she does not dribble with her head down but up looking around. If you start to see that trait early on it’s a very good sign.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 10:35 am

@a beautiful mind Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying your DD is not good. She definitely is and I mentioned I could tell right away by the way she moves with the ball. I just wanted to see if you had clips of her playing at Surf or against the Solar Colvin team.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 12/12/19, 11:13 am

littlenumber1@6yo

littlenumber1@7yo

littlenumber1@8yo

littlenumber1@9yo

littlenumber1@ your precious surf cup against one of the GREAT SoCal teams
….since you only notice forwards lol

littlenumber1 running with the big dogs

littlenumber1 the 9yo highlight reel

LIKE I SAID, THIS IS WHAT THE HELL SHE DOES...PERIOD!

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 12:07 pm

She’s good man. Extremely fast and can cut great with the ball. She can also receive and shoot right away like it showed on the Surf clip outside the box. I saw her make a few decent passes as well. A great offensive player. Could be more of a striker than a cm. Or maybe a striking mid. Would she be considered North Texas top 2010 player? She’s a total different type of player than what my DD is. We have a few out here like her that move like that through players. My DD stops them and shuts them down. Curious to see how she would do against yours. In fact she reminds me of fifi the 2012 player playing 2010 for SC Blues that went up against my DD. They move very similar.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 12/12/19, 12:34 pm

Would she be considered North Texas top 2010 player?

you see the vids so ask yourself have you seen better. including Cali. I try not to go there. I know alot of great 2010s. I can tell you this, the stuff you're seeing her do in these clips, she does this all day every day.

She’s a total different type of player than what my DD is.

I mean littlenumber1 plays a little defense too

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 12/12/19, 12:43 pm

luis andres wrote:She’s good man. Extremely fast and can cut great with the ball. She can also receive and shoot right away like it showed on the Surf clip outside the box. I saw her make a few decent passes as well. A great offensive player. Could be more of a striker than a cm. Or maybe a striking mid. Would she be considered North Texas top 2010 player? She’s a total different type of player than what my DD is. We have a few out here like her that move like that through players. My DD stops them and shuts them down. Curious to see how she would do against yours. In fact she reminds me of fifi the 2012 player playing 2010 for SC Blues that went up against my DD. They move very similar.

HaHa you're very interested in knowing if your daughter can shut down mine. well, frankly, No one has to this point.
but we won our last season 65 for 0 against. we usually do the shutting down.

Last edited by a beautiful mind on 12/12/19, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 12:45 pm

a beautiful mind wrote:
luis andres wrote:She’s good man. Extremely fast and can cut great with the ball. She can also receive and shoot right away like it showed on the Surf clip outside the box. I saw her make a few decent passes as well. A great offensive player. Could be more of a striker than a cm. Or maybe a striking mid. Would she be considered North Texas top 2010 player? She’s a total different type of player than what my DD is. We have a few out here like her that move like that through players. My DD stops them and shuts them down. Curious to see how she would do against yours. In fact she reminds me of fifi the 2012 player playing 2010 for SC Blues that went up against my DD. They move very similar.

HaHa you're very interested to know if your daughter can shut down mines. well, frankly, No one has to this point.

I like that attitude man. Good stuff. Til they meet on the field one day. Hopefully soon.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by a beautiful mind 12/12/19, 12:55 pm

luis andres wrote:
a beautiful mind wrote:

HaHa you're very interested to know if your daughter can shut down mines. well, frankly, No one has to this point.

I like that attitude man. Good stuff. Til they meet on the field one day. Hopefully soon.

as long as you know when they meet this is probably gonna happen

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 12/12/19, 01:04 pm

From my experience it’s usually the other way around. The 5 second Clíp of the Surf tournament was really short. If you got some more of those show them as that is really the only source that I can truly validate and give an honest and fair opinion on her game that way since I know those players and teams. Or playing against Solar Colvin highlights

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 13/12/19, 01:58 pm

I don't know about anyone's 9-year-old daughter, but the parent bragging and arrogance is as over the top as any I have ever seen. Impressive.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 13/12/19, 02:22 pm

7WhiskeyPapa wrote:I don't know about anyone's 9-year-old daughter, but the parent bragging and arrogance is as over the top as any I have ever seen. Impressive.

So would she be considered the top goat in North Texas for the girls 2010 age group?

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 13/12/19, 04:07 pm

timmyh wrote:
luis andres wrote:
timmyh wrote:
luis andres wrote:

Not to be a jerk, but I guess if you are going to post videos of your daughter, call her the "goat" (greatest of all time?) and make it clear that she is the best 1v1 player in all of California then you are looking for comments...

Looks like a nice player, but that is a very unimpressive season long highlight tape for someone who is supposed to be the best player in Socal.

You called me out last time so I decided to finish making my goats 2019 highlights and here it is. Let me know what you guys think. Going to give her this video as one of her Christmas gifts. Literally put over 60 hours of work into the fine details and sound effects.

That's a whole year worth of highlights?  I assume she is a starter, but is she getting enough playing time on her team?  
I do think it's neat that you put this together for her (I do hope it was genuinely for her and not to mildly impress soccer forum ifriends). Something she'll cherish especially when she's older, I'm sure.

Crazy mofos over there. its a freak show out there. I'm battling and defending myself so much out there. They think I'm too competitive. Unfortunately this forum doesn't let me post links until I've completed the 7 days on here socalsoccer.com/threads/g2010-how’s-the-season-going-2019.16868/

add the  www
before that and thats the link

I checked out your link to the SoCal board.  Jeez that's a long read, but pretty entertaining.  

I guess not everyone is going to fully appreciate how persistent you are in your battle to raise awareness of just serious and important 9 year old girl's soccer games are.  And you're right that it was easy to spot the "crazy mofo" stirring things up in that thread.

Maybe I skimmed over it, but I didn't really see an explanation for how and why you got banned from ever attending any of your daughter's games.  That seems like an interesting story.  Care to share?
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KicknBalls 13/12/19, 04:23 pm

a beautiful mind wrote:littlenumber1@6yo

littlenumber1@7yo

littlenumber1@8yo

littlenumber1@9yo

littlenumber1@ your precious surf cup against one of the GREAT SoCal teams
….since you only notice forwards lol

littlenumber1 running with the big dogs

littlenumber1 the 9yo highlight reel

LIKE I SAID, THIS IS WHAT THE HELL SHE DOES...PERIOD!

LOOKS LIKE SOFT Competition.

KicknBalls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 13/12/19, 10:14 pm

luis andres wrote:
7WhiskeyPapa wrote:I don't know about anyone's 9-year-old daughter, but the parent bragging and arrogance is as over the top as any I have ever seen. Impressive.

So would she be considered the top goat in North Texas for the girls 2010 age group?

No. The greatest of all time is a tough standard.

Besides my kid ate the entire 72 ounce steak meal at the Big Texan and then walked on water afterwards as if it was dry land. And she's only three. So wait til she gets there, then we can talk about all time.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by luis andres 14/12/19, 01:34 am

7WhiskeyPapa wrote:
luis andres wrote:

No. The greatest of all time is a tough standard.

Besides my kid ate the entire 72 ounce steak meal at the Big Texan and then walked on water afterwards as if it was dry land. And she's only three. So wait til she gets there, then we can talk about all time.

lol. Good one. It’s all good. When you have a good player it’s exciting cause man you know it’s like we practicing with them. All the hours spent working hard and teaching them the fundamentals etc. it’s fun. But yea I was a bit too competitive in the past. I was all about them winning games and developing the technical side as well. I always thought it was important. So when my daughter first joined the team she came
in at the bottom of the totem pole. She was just fast and much clumsier then the rest of the girls who had been there already. She was around 6 when she started the club but was in AYSO the year prior. She was fast and quick that’s about it. So I decided and said to myself. I’m gonna turn her into the best player on this team. So we started trainings outside of practice. Usually 30 min to 1 hour a day on the days we didn’t have team practice.

After about a month I noticed she already had caught up to the rest of them and was at their same level. So I decided to take her to classes. Striking classes. Foot work, ball control. And she just kept getting better and better the more she practiced. So I told all the parents about it and they pretty much shined me off like nah we don’t need to do that we good with the coach’s practice. They too young for that anyways. So I was like cool. I’ll just keep making my daughter better. It was around summer time 2017 and I threw her in a soccer camp from morning to afternoon. Picked her up after work. It was that or pay a baby sitter so I was like it’s a no brainer. 500 a week for 3 months but we’ll worth it. By the time camp was done we went to our first surf tournament. She was balling. Was the leading scorer and top defender for the team now. So I then got her a private trainer ex pro player. Taught her how to kick with the right formation and just kept on making her better. Still trains her today weekly. She trains m-f and Olaya weekend games. So to the main part why I got banned. Cause Like I said way too competitive and there was a game semifinal. We needed the win couldn’t tie. We had this team and all of a sudden coach throws a curve ball and moves all the girls around. They all lost and confused. To make long story short I lost it that day. My daughter blew a pass and the other team scored.  Grabbed my chair and slammed it on the floor. Then cussed out the coach and left. I was super frustrated cause we had a few players that just were falling way behind and it was always the same story. Get into quarters or semis then get knocked out cause they couldn’t keep up that with my daughter blowing the pass just made me lose it. But hey it was a cold wake up call. And I felt terrible after. I realized I was taking this soccer thing way too serious especially the winning part. I’m cool now and have toned down quite a bit. But have in no way changed my ways in the way I feel about training and practices. She’s gotten so used to it that if she misses a day cause we are just to busy. She be bitchin at me for not taking her. I love it. That’s the attitude I like. So up there in the other forum. I’m battling everyone. Everybody be knocking me down. Saying hey man you doing it the wrong way. You can’t be training like that. She’s too young. She’s gonna burn out when she’s 15. They think I have her on a leash like a slave but I tell them it ain’t like that. She’s the one wanting to improve and get better. She’ll watch YouTube soccer videos and even analyze some clips of games. We go over mistakes that her and her teammates make and she learns. But everyone down there is crucifying me for doing this. At the end of the day she is happy. We have a great relationship and it’s working out for us. She’s turned into a baller now and what can they tell me. I’m doing it wrong? The proof is in the pudding. Now everybody from our team is doing the extra practices and we’ve moved up the rankings. But keep in mind we just a homegrown teams never recruited like the other big clubs do. So that’s what makes it special. And my daughter is the top player on the team. That’s my story so far. Just taking it day by day and trying to do great things and have her be the best she can be. So far so good. I’ll be back next season with a brand new attitude much more calm of course. Everybody be saying coach should have kicked us out but hey he didn’t and we all know why. MVP. She’s valuable to the team. I’m sure if she wasn’t good we be out of the team.

luis andres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next