North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

JD's departure from FCD - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

JD's departure from FCD

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

JD's departure from FCD - Page 3 Empty Re: JD's departure from FCD

Post by ballhead 13/02/14, 03:15 pm

silentparent wrote:
Lefty wrote:Nope. But see Ballhead's post. 3 or 4 is probably the right answer for NTX 3 if they wants the teams to be competitive and 4 if they don't care.

then why not decertify them and give it to a club that is shown they are viable?

I can actually see that happening.  Don't know if it will, but I think it could be argued.  In comparison to Sting, Texans, FCD, and Solar, Feet is the weakest link.  

That said, I still don't believe the next Texas Division club they add will be Liverpool.

ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 03:18 pm

Lefty wrote:
silentparent wrote:
Lefty wrote:Nope. But see Ballhead's post. 3 or 4 is probably the right answer for NTX 3 if they wants the teams to be competitive and 4 if they don't care.

then why not decertify them and give it to a club that is shown they are viable?

Viable at what?  

If I had to place a bet on a club fulfilling the ECNL criteria in NTX and displacing one of the incumbents in the next 2-4 years it would be Rush rather then Liverpool based on organizational history and success.

maybe but i doubt it. best thing would be for LP to acquire the dfeeters....

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 13/02/14, 03:31 pm

silentparent wrote:
Lefty wrote:
silentparent wrote:

Viable at what?  

If I had to place a bet on a club fulfilling the ECNL criteria in NTX and displacing one of the incumbents in the next 2-4 years it would be Rush rather then Liverpool based on organizational history and success.

maybe but i doubt it. best thing would be for LP to acquire the dfeeters....

Best thing for who?  Liverpool?

D'Feeters may prefer Rush as organization if they have to go the merger route and ECNL already knows Rush capabilities.

I still think if D'feeters loses the spot then NTX stays at 4.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 03:42 pm

so lefty, one small club to another small presence here in ntx? not good for ntx soccer imo..

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 13/02/14, 03:53 pm

silentparent wrote:so lefty, one small club to another small presence here in ntx? not good for ntx soccer imo..

Said slightly different, one small but storied local club to a large club with national presence already in ECNL and the ability to scale.

Where we differ is on what is better for NTX.  

I think 3 ECNL teams that are competitive regionally and nationally in every age group vs 5 teams of which 3 are not competitive in most age groups.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 04:07 pm

By what rationale are people thinking Liverpool has anywhere close to the track record of feet?

Are we talking about ulittles or actual select teams? No offense to LP, but it's not even close, and to compare them is almost laughable.

LP's only ECNL quality select teams left with pulpaneck. They're a volume club with a couple promising ulittle teams. Feet's track record with ECNL age players is on a different level entirely from Liverpool.

Actually, looking at current ECNL standings, you'll have hard time justifying Feet as the weakest link in NTX.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 04:08 pm

Lefty wrote:
silentparent wrote:so lefty, one small club to another small presence here in ntx? not good for ntx soccer imo..

Said slightly different, one small but storied local club to a large club with national presence already in ECNL and the ability to scale.

Where we differ is on what is better for NTX.  

I think 3 ECNL teams that are competitive regionally and nationally in every age group vs 5 teams of which 3 are not competitive in most age groups.

i see your point but scale up here? i think that boat sailed w LP. they are several years too late imo...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 04:10 pm

4-3-3 wrote:By what rationale are people thinking Liverpool has anywhere close to the track record of feet?

Are we talking about ulittles or actual select teams? No offense to LP, but it's not even close, and to compare them is almost laughable.

LP's only ECNL quality select teams left with pulpaneck. They're a volume club with a couple promising ulittle teams. Feet's track record with ECNL age players is on a different level entirely from Liverpool.

Actually, looking at current ECNL standings, you'll have hard time justifying Feet as the weakest link in NTX.

dfeeters in ntx are on life support. give lp a ecnl status and you would see an exodus from the other clubs. they know that so they fight against it and are perfectly content to let the laggardly dfeeters keep their ecnl....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 04:12 pm

well thats it for me, singing lp's praises is tiring and uncomfortable, but imo in this case its the right thing...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 08:24 pm

silentparent wrote:well thats it for me, singing lp's praises is tiring and uncomfortable, but imo in this case its the right thing...

The feet business model has never been the same as mega club. A parent of a pre teen may perceive dfeeters as weak because there aren't multiple strong feet teams running around at the younger years. You also may not have seen older teams play much, and thus have little idea of what the end product will look like down the road. I have no affiliation with feet, but I've seen enough of their teams play across multiple age groups that I can say I like their style of play. I've also seen a ton of Liverpool, boys and girls, and a Liverpool team with an attractive, skillful style is the exception, not the norm. Just my opinion here. The older a feet team the better they get. It's almost polar opposite for Liverpool. Again...my opinion.

The mass volume Liverpool business model is the same as TFC's. Seemingly healthy from the outside due to explosive growth, but prone to sudden and catastrophic implosion.

There is no problem with singing your club's praises, but if you're going after another club to build up your own, facts would help.  You label feet laggards...on last legs...etc...as if Liverpool has done anything to show they prepare teenaged kids for national level competition (i.e. ECNL).

Here are the facts. Liverpool has tons of teams, but when you look at their SELECT teams in lake highlands you get:

U19....one mid pack d2
U17...none
U16...one top d3, one mid pack d1
U15...one mid pack d3, one bottom third d3, one last place d1
U14...none
U13...one bottom third d2
U12...one mid pack d3, two top third d3
U11...four d1 in a 20 team d1...only one of which is likely to remain d1

So a grand total of ONE select team in top third of D1, and that team is a u11...in the ENTIRE club.  Two age groups without a single lake highlands level team...let alone a nationally competitive team. In the ecnl age groups, it's not a stretch to conclude Liverpool has zero teams that could compete at that level.

Contrast that with Feet's current ecnl standings below. Only one team not in the top third of the Texas conference:

U14 ECNL...2nd
U15 ECNL...10th (last)
U16 ECNL..3rd
U17 ECNL...3rd
U18 ECNL...3rd

And that's if you're using game results as your criteria. If you switch it to kids placed in college soccer, feet's record is going to trounce Liverpool by an even wider margin. Only criteria where Liverpool claims the upper hand on feet is total quantity of revenue generating teams...great metric for Liverpool principals, but should be worth a hill of beans to a parent.

The reason it's such a hard, tiresome and uncomfortable sell is once you get out of academy, the facts don't support the sales pitch.

LW leaves to one of the ECNL clubs and Liverpool goes the way of TFC.

Unless ECNL does the right thing and adopts a model allowing some individual teams to play their way in, Liverpool shouldn't even be in the discussion for an ECNL bid...they've haven't shown they're even remotely deserving, and throwing rocks at feet given liverpool track record is reeediculo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 08:29 pm

Nice work there buddy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 08:40 pm

The way feet are going they may be out of business in a couple of years....why aren't people flocking to them with all that glory you are bestowing on them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 13/02/14, 08:46 pm

silentparent wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:By what rationale are people thinking Liverpool has anywhere close to the track record of feet?

dfeeters in ntx are on life support. give lp a ecnl status and you would see an exodus from the other clubs. they know that so they fight against it and are perfectly content to let the laggardly dfeeters keep their ecnl....

You keep sharing your opinion that 'the right thing, Liverpool is owed, and there would be an exodus' from other clubs to Liverpool, but have failed to provide any rationale, let alone facts to support your opinion.  

My kids have played at all the ECNL clubs, and they all have their pros and cons.  Please help me understand what the attraction is at Liverpool and why they deserve an ECNL spot relative to any other club.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 13/02/14, 08:48 pm

4-3-3 pretty much killed all discussions on this topic.
Nice job buddy. Very Happy 
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 13/02/14, 08:50 pm

Lefty wrote:
silentparent wrote:

You keep sharing your opinion that 'the right thing, Liverpool is owed, and there would be an exodus' from other clubs to Liverpool, but have failed to provide any rationale, let alone facts to support your opinion.  

My kids have played at all the ECNL clubs, and they all have their pros and cons.  Please help me understand what the attraction is at Liverpool and why they deserve an ECNL spot relative to any other club.
And I'd be interested in knowing why you think there would be an exodus to LP?
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 08:53 pm

Because coaches are stuck in place, give them an option and they will jump ship, just in their nature. As I posted D'Feeters couldn't even get consideration withttheir present organization.

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 13/02/14, 08:53 pm

futbollove wrote:4-3-3 pretty much killed all discussions on this topic.
+1 Laughing 

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 08:56 pm

sccrprntsrcrazy wrote:
futbollove wrote:4-3-3 pretty much killed all discussions on this topic.
+1 Laughing 

Lmao by his own criteria D'Feeters would not have a leg to stand on applying for ecnl now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 08:57 pm

silentparent wrote:Because coaches are stuck in place,  give them an option and they will jump ship,  just in their nature.  As I posted D'Feeters couldn't even get consideration withttheir present organization.  

This your first rodeo partner?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccertime10 13/02/14, 08:59 pm

I agree with what the others have said.
When I am driving down the road and see a window decal that says Solar, Sting, Texans, etc, It makes me think of "National Championships". When I see a Liverpool decal, I immediately think "Little girls soccer" and "crazy coaches and parents that like to argue on the forums".
Liverpool is a "nobody" at the select ages. They have almost no chance to get into ECNL. Liverpool has already built a bad reputation that is going to be hard to shake.

Soccertime10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 09:04 pm

Let's see an organization growing, raising millions for new facilities, huge academy program vs a D'Feeters with 15 teams total in select and academy and mediocre facilities....

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 13/02/14, 09:07 pm

silentparent wrote:Because coaches are stuck in place,  give them an option and they will jump ship,  just in their nature.  As I posted D'Feeters couldn't even get consideration withttheir present organization.  

You are getting more irrational by the minute, and still have not explained what the attraction is at Liverpool.

What makes you think coaches are stuck in place, we just had two significant names move to Sting in the last couple of weeks.

Based on previous posts, size and number of teams is not one of the criteria for ECNL particularly if most of the teams are not high achieving teams.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 09:08 pm

Soccertime10 wrote:I agree with what the others have said.
When I am driving down the road and see a window decal that says Solar, Sting, Texans, etc, It makes me think of "National Championships".   When I see a Liverpool decal, I immediately think "Little girls soccer" and "crazy coaches and parents that like to argue on the forums".  
Liverpool is a "nobody" at the select ages.   They have almost no chance to get into ECNL.   Liverpool has already built a bad reputation that is going to be hard to shake.

Funny you didn't mention D'Feeters...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 09:09 pm

Lefty wrote:

You are getting more irrational by the minute, and still have not explained what the attraction is at Liverpool.

What makes you think coaches are stuck in place, we just had two significant names move to Sting in the last couple of weeks.

Based on previous posts, size and number of teams is not one of the criteria for ECNL particularly if most of the teams are not high achieving teams.

Yep old boy network seems to be the criteria. You just proved my point coaches will move w opportunity...

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 13/02/14, 09:10 pm

Lefty wrote:

And by most, he/she means 0 in select.
And 2 or 3 in academy.
This out of hundreds of teams.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/14, 09:15 pm

Huge doesnt equal quality. Have you once put forth an argument for the quality on the field? What happens WHEN LW bolts for ECNL with his cubs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum