North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 TPGL League Speculation - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 TPGL League Speculation

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

04 TPGL League Speculation - Page 5 Empty Re: 04 TPGL League Speculation

Post by FieldofDreams 24/07/12, 11:38 am

Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:I disagree. I watched the match very closely. Yes, RASE controlled posession for a majority of the match, probably 60/40, not near the exaggerated total some of these posts would lead you to believe. A key point not brought up is that Solar scored their goal in the run of play. Great movement of the ball in the attacking third, with a successful shot for the goal hit in the upper 90. Solar were methodical in what they were doing, choosing to press and attack at opportune times. The RASE goal scored was off a set piece, in which, Solar tried pulling their players away from the keeper to give her a good look at the free kick.

I feel a lot is to be said for a coach in this age group that has a keen understanding from a tactical point of view. All of these girls ( for both teams), have a great understanding of the game. The coach plays a huge part in the future success of these girls.

Good luck in the upcoming seasons for both of these clearly talented teams.

One looping shot against several good chances for RASE, including a shot off the bar? Typical Manure fan seeing what they want to see. Take off the Fergie spectacles even go99 is not that biased!

I didn't see this game... would have liked to. I hear Kenny did well but I would say it is certainly possible to outplay a team and still lose. Happens often. At the end of the day, the score is the only metric that determines a "win".

Since it went to PKs you certianly can't claim to be any significant degree better than the other team outright without additional games to settle.

Was this game true 04s? I thought Kenny only had 8 04s on his top team...

It's too bad Kenny is not playing TGPL. On the bright side, RASE is and we will get to see several teams matchup against them that we have not seen before.

Don't see anywhere where SK is claiming to "be any significant degree better than Rase". Both are top 5 teams, at least. Bottom line, as you stated, it was a win by Solar albeit, a humble one. And like SolarPower00 said earlier, it's LP's parents reactions to the loss as well as excuses that are keeping these conversations going. First, it's LW's attempt at playing his game rather than adapting, then its Solar "packing the box", then its Solar not using all '04s. What's next? Wind blowing from the south or heat index? No solar parents went on gloating about the win, only responding back to criticism or ones who wanted to question Solar's game plan. Seems like it's more of the attitude which differentiates the 2 teams and organizations, not wins / losses.

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 24/07/12, 11:50 am

I'm not a RASE parent or a Solar parent but I did happen to catch this game while waiting for my older daughter to play. I remember that game and to say LW didn't realize what what Solar was doing is comical. There were things he could have done and people he could have played that would have negated what Solar was doing but he chose not to because it would have changed the style of play and what he wants his girls doing. There's a reason he's been as successful as he's been over the years.

Now I personally have no problem with what Kenny did, sometimes the best offense is a good defense and on those small fields (should be 7v7 on those fields) it just made sense to stack things tightly against a RASE team that moves the ball so well. He did what he needed to do to win and that was what was important to him. LW wants to win but he generally wants to see his girls play a certain style and as long as he's getting that from them he's not as concerned about winning or losing at this age.

At this age to say that the kids are learning the tactical side of the game is a bit of a joke, most of them still can't tie their shoes correctly so to think that they understand why they are all being told to stay back and to kick the ball long is funny.

I don't have a problem with what either coaches approach to the game is as they both got the results they want. I don't think LW was upset about losing after the game because for the most part his team played very well and I'm pretty sure Kenny was happy because his decision to switch styles (unless that's how his team normally plays) to limit the space to operate worked and he advanced.

Ive seen the RASE team play quite a few times against some of the 03's and I've always been impressed with the way they move the ball and at least have an idea of where they should be going with the ball. Generally when they lose against the 03's it's because they simply don't have the speed or that one great finisher. Actually in the 04 group as a whole I haven't really seen a dd with a strong leg for ripping the ball in the back of the net but as they develop over the next year that will change.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 24/07/12, 12:45 pm

Master Bates wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:I disagree. I watched the match very closely. Yes, RASE controlled posession for a majority of the match, probably 60/40, not near the exaggerated total some of these posts would lead you to believe. A key point not brought up is that Solar scored their goal in the run of play. Great movement of the ball in the attacking third, with a successful shot for the goal hit in the upper 90. Solar were methodical in what they were doing, choosing to press and attack at opportune times. The RASE goal scored was off a set piece, in which, Solar tried pulling their players away from the keeper to give her a good look at the free kick.

I feel a lot is to be said for a coach in this age group that has a keen understanding from a tactical point of view. All of these girls ( for both teams), have a great understanding of the game. The coach plays a huge part in the future success of these girls.

One looping shot against several good chances for RASE, including a shot off the bar? Typical Manure fan seeing what they want to see. Take off the Fergie spectacles even go99 is not that biased!

Laughable.. My posts highlighting everything pertaining to the match were spot on, and this just shows the biased, inability you have to properly dissect a match. By all means though, carry on with biased opinions. For anyone looking to obtain a true account of said match, you need only to read my posts pertaining to it.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 24/07/12, 12:50 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:Go99 and master bates have been the biggest RASE blowhards on this site since day one.
Get over it, SK won. We're they fortunate in doing so? Perhaps.
I was not there, but I tend to trust BustyBabes insight as to what really happened.
You wonder why your team gets so much negative press on here?
Contrary to your belief, it's not because RASE wins so much....
But rather it's the way your parents react to losing.

My account was accurate as to the flow of the match. You also seem to be correct in accessing the vast amount of bias there seems to be towards the RASE team. I don't really understand it. After all, the quality is there, no doubt about it. Both teams have outstanding players. The Solar coach on the day just outcoached the RASE coach, and the gap in the 2 is evident to the eye that can pinpoint it....
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/12, 12:57 pm

Busby Babes wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

Laughable.. My posts highlighting everything pertaining to the match were spot on, and this just shows the biased, inability you have to properly dissect a match. By all means though, carry on with biased opinions. For anyone looking to obtain a true account of said match, you need only to read my posts pertaining to it.

I'm not a RASE parent but am a LW fan just find your commentary a little incorrect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 24/07/12, 01:10 pm

Busby Babes wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:Go99 and master bates have been the biggest RASE blowhards on this site since day one.
I was not there, but I tend to trust BustyBabes insight as to what really happened.

My account was accurate as to the flow of the match. You also seem to be correct in accessing the vast amount of bias there seems to be towards the RASE team. I don't really understand it. After all, the quality is there, no doubt about it. Both teams have outstanding players. The Solar coach on the day just outcoached the RASE coach, and the gap in the 2 is evident to the eye that can pinpoint it....

But when LW beat Solar Kenn in a tournament some time back, LW did not out coach JK, right?
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 24/07/12, 01:17 pm

Lobo_Momma wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:

But when LW beat Solar Kenn in a tournament some time back, LW did not out coach JK, right?
It would be unfair to comment as I didn't witness the match. What I can say, is that in the match being debated, from what I witnessed, the RASE manager remided me of a Pearce-esque type of manager. No plan B when things go nuts up.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 24/07/12, 01:17 pm

FieldofDreams wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

I didn't see this game... would have liked to. I hear Kenny did well but I would say it is certainly possible to outplay a team and still lose. Happens often. At the end of the day, the score is the only metric that determines a "win".

Since it went to PKs you certianly can't claim to be any significant degree better than the other team outright without additional games to settle.

Was this game true 04s? I thought Kenny only had 8 04s on his top team...

It's too bad Kenny is not playing TGPL. On the bright side, RASE is and we will get to see several teams matchup against them that we have not seen before.

Don't see anywhere where SK is claiming to "be any significant degree better than Rase". Both are top 5 teams, at least. Bottom line, as you stated, it was a win by Solar albeit, a humble one. And like SolarPower00 said earlier, it's LP's parents reactions to the loss as well as excuses that are keeping these conversations going. First, it's LW's attempt at playing his game rather than adapting, then its Solar "packing the box", then its Solar not using all '04s. What's next? Wind blowing from the south or heat index? No solar parents went on gloating about the win, only responding back to criticism or ones who wanted to question Solar's game plan. Seems like it's more of the attitude which differentiates the 2 teams and organizations, not wins / losses.

FYI.. my comment on "any significant degree better" did not say RASE or Solar and was directed toward both teams.

Neither of these teams used all 04s anyhow. I'll say it again, playing as an "04 team" in the "03 division" using 03s is misleading.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 24/07/12, 01:26 pm

Busby Babes wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

Got it, your opinions are spot on and any other opinion is laughable..gotcha. The difference between the two coaches is obvious to anyone who actually knew what was going on and the players on the field. If all LW wanted to do was win he would have used his one 03 (who happens to be one of the better 03's out there)other than a sweeper off the bench. Now I wouldn't expect you to know that Busby Babe. So tactically all LW would have had to do was put her up top and let her slice through the defense and win the game, like I've seen her do against 03's. In reality though I didn't see her play much at all. Like I've said and others have said, it's not a matter of being tactically out coached, it's more of a not focusing on a win or loss today and looking down the road as to what he wants his teams to become.

It was a very nice win by Kenny's team and they probably should have tried the same approach in the next game against Solar Canevari but they decided to play them straight up. Now that was tactically a mistake because that Solar team ended up having a few SRSA 03 girls playing for them and Kenny should have known that those girls are some bad mamajama's so stacking the box was his only shot.

One coach doesn't believe in winning at all cost and wants his girls to learn a controlled build up approach and one coach needed to win at all cost so he did what he needed to do. I don't have a problem with what either coach did, in the long run I believe one is the better approach but only time will tell.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 24/07/12, 01:33 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

Got it, your opinions are spot on and any other opinion is laughable..gotcha. The difference between the two coaches is obvious to anyone who actually knew what was going on and the players on the field. If all LW wanted to do was win he would have used his one 03 (who happens to be one of the better 03's out there)other than a sweeper off the bench. Now I wouldn't expect you to know that Busby Babe. So tactically all LW would have had to do was put her up top and let her slice through the defense and win the game, like I've seen her do against 03's. In reality though I didn't see her play much at all. Like I've said and others have said, it's not a matter of being tactically out coached, it's more of a not focusing on a win or loss today and looking down the road as to what he wants his teams to become.

It was a very nice win by Kenny's team and they probably should have tried the same approach in the next game against Solar Canevari but they decided to play them straight up. Now that was tactically a mistake because that Solar team ended up having a few SRSA 03 girls playing for them and Kenny should have known that those girls are some bad mamajama's so stacking the box was his only shot.

One coach doesn't believe in winning at all cost and wants his girls to learn a controlled build up approach and one coach needed to win at all cost so he did what he needed to do. I don't have a problem with what either coach did, in the long run I believe one is the better approach but only time will tell.

Strawman... Pointless debate as this thread seems overrun with L'pool biases. Last post on the topic.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 24/07/12, 01:38 pm

Busby Babes wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

Strawman... Pointless debate as this thread seems overrun with L'pool biases. Last post on the topic.

Joey, please get off the computer and get back to recruiting !
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/07/12, 01:47 pm

Okay totally different game I guess. Goal was scored from a free kick my dd was the little pushy mcshover that got caught with her hands in the cookie drawer and got the foul and the game was spent on 1 side of the field and whenever solar won the ball they immediately kicked it up to the lone forward. Definitely not 60/40.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by socceroos 24/07/12, 01:53 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

As independent looking in, I would like to comment on what I have been reading cause this has been pretty interesting. As for the issue regarding wins/losses, I believe most Club teams will do their best to win any games they play, this gives your team recognition and coach recognition. All the top clubs are already joining forces to compete in tournament so they can have a good chance of competing and a chance to win. If a LW or Solar or FC Dallas Team were to lose games, do you think you will keep your dd on that squad for the long term? Winning is the name of the game in soccer and in order to win you need some coaches tactical adjustments. A coaches strategy is good but execution is better. In executing their coaches strategy those Solar 8 year old girls are learning, it may not be skill but knowledge of the game is a very important part of the game at any age. Solar won the game via PK and they played hard. Give credit where credit is due to the Solar girls that played on the field and executed a strategy by their coach. Why continue to point out things that really doesn't matter if LW is not bitter about losing this game.

socceroos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 24/07/12, 02:02 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

Gotcha, another excuse to being defeated - LW decided not to use his best '03 who could "slice right through the defense". Please. Oh that same girl must have not played in their 3rd place consolation match, right? because they lost that game too. And you say SK played SC straight up in the finals match. Incorrect. Goes to show your facts are muddied. Like Busby, last post on this this thread. No facts, all fluff. Looking forward to fall soccer '12, with some surprises.

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/07/12, 02:09 pm

Sorry not complaining about the game or the loss or even reason why because I really don't care. The point was made that LW didn't recognize the situation and that he was out coached by King kenny. Like I said you obviously know LW better than I do. There are many in soccer who would be considered to be greater soccer minds than kenny and LW and according to them playing your way regardless of the result was the way to go. He wants them to play possesion and keep the ball and by your own account it was 60/40 so mission accomplished. But of course you and kennington could be smarter in soccer than clubs like barcelona and ajax or managers like Wenger. The track record does fall with them though. Both great teams and as far as the excuses go I don't think there was even any argument that the box was packed. Nobody mentioned if he had 04's or not.

Simple argument that was solved already. LW was outcoached and didn't adjust. I said that he just played his way and losing is ok. It was then said that was not the case that LW just didnt recognize and counter. I said okay guess you know more about LW I only have a frame of reference in academy with him. See there is no moaning or whining about a loss that happened awhile back. The whining, moaning and excuses all happened in your head. See now there is bias. Now it would help if Busby could provide us with maybe some background that makes him so sure that it was LW's lack of coaching ability not his philosophy that was the issue.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 24/07/12, 02:13 pm

FoD-- don't go giving away any secrets!!! tongue

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/07/12, 02:17 pm

socceroos wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

As independent looking in, I would like to comment on what I have been reading cause this has been pretty interesting. As for the issue regarding wins/losses, I believe most Club teams will do their best to win any games they play, this gives your team recognition and coach recognition. All the top clubs are already joining forces to compete in tournament so they can have a good chance of competing and a chance to win. If a LW or Solar or FC Dallas Team were to lose games, do you think you will keep your dd on that squad for the long term? Winning is the name of the game in soccer and in order to win you need some coaches tactical adjustments. A coaches strategy is good but execution is better. In executing their coaches strategy those Solar 8 year old girls are learning, it may not be skill but knowledge of the game is a very important part of the game at any age. Solar won the game via PK and they played hard. Give credit where credit is due to the Solar girls that played on the field and executed a strategy by their coach. Why continue to point out things that really doesn't matter if LW is not bitter about losing this game.

Actually I gave quite a bit of credit to the kennington girls and the coach if you guys could read. While I don't agree with the strategy for the age group it was well done and perfectly executed and not easy to do. Now much of what you say is true and also the problem with NTX soccer. The drop off for NTX at higher levels is big and on the boys it's even worse and you just explained a large part of the reason why. Just win!!!
But at any rate I still stand by the fact that it is sad not to have kennington in the league because I think they are better than a good portion of the teams that are. I stand by that even though you guys read what you want to read
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgiaDawg 24/07/12, 02:31 pm

First, Die Thread, Die...

Second, at least one of the posters on this thread is using multiple identities to both look like a RASE parent and then throw them under the bus. There are ways to ping the originating source of these identities and see if they match the same source. Not saying I'm that savvy, but I know a couple people who have done so.

While it's usually funny to watch this person talk back and forth amongst himself--today not so much.

Ok, let the bickering continue.
GeorgiaDawg
GeorgiaDawg
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/07/12, 02:42 pm

I think it started as a decent thread but I will leave it at this. I will attatch the quotes of me praising kennington and his team. So I might be a a$%hole but I am not biased. I can tell if you guys can't read, are just stupid, or only see those things that support the view you already held. I put the quotes all together so maybe you can read them then.

"No rosie pants, no king kenny, no Texans whoever the coach is now, seems kind of uninteresting to me"

"Say what you will about solar losing this or that, I still thenk kennington has shown that he is a better team than most on this list. Same with Rosales, not sure what he has lost or not lost but again I would pick him over most of the teams included"

"I thought it was a great tactical move by kennington. Not really something I would have enjoyed watching my dd do at 8yrs old but it was effective."

"Kenn knows his stuff and has a solid team. Without the solid players in place the defensive tactic wouldn't have been able to work."

"Also have to give alot of credit to the solar girls who had a very difficult game plan and they stuck too it and stayed disciplined. Not easy to at all even for a seasoned pro. I think it is much easier to stay disciplined when you are doing all of the attacking."

"I do expect that we may see more teams try this. Most will be unable to pull it off because they are not the team that Kennington is"

"at any rate it was a nice gameplan by Kennington but even better execution by the solar girls. Most teams lack the discipline, athleticism, or skill set to pull that off"

All quotes by Go99.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 24/07/12, 02:44 pm

GeorgiaDawg wrote:First, Die Thread, Die...

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 24/07/12, 03:02 pm

No idea if she played in the 3rd place game or not, wasn't there. Only saw the RASE game against 03 Solar (which they won handily and the 03 simply played back on D) and the game against Kenny 04' (which she played mainly back on D as well). Now if SK played the same way against SC I guess I missed that, I only saw the final 10 minutes or so of that game. There was no stacking of the box in those final 10 minutes.

I don't think I was complaining about the loss (because I simply don't care as I don't know any of the players or parents on the team so they could lose every game and I really wouldn't care) or making excuses, I personally just thought the assertion that LW had no idea how to adjust to the genius of Kenny was comical. I simply stated what others said, they simply prefer to work on their style of play and at this point (like with his other teams of the past) he's not going to adjust just to try to win a game. It was Busby Babe that kept acting like it was Lombardi vs Todd Dodge in regards to the tactical coaching of Kenny vs LW. I only brought up the 03 to prove my point that he had other options but chose to focus on his style of play vs changing things up just to win.

I completely understand the mindset of the soccer world here in NTX and I have to laugh at some of the things I hear parents say. There are teams that were ready to break up and the coach knew it so he goes and puts them in a bunch of essentially rec league tournament and the girls get a trophy, all of a sudden the world is right again and everyone is one big happy family.

I used to follow the 03's but I'm thinking about watching the 04's more, you guys are so much more fun Smile

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Goaldad65 24/07/12, 04:08 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:Sting East Chacon hasn't combined teams with anyone from what I've seen. Also Sting East Piper lost 2 really good players and it showed in this last tourney. If the two teams would've combined then I think they would've been tough to beat. But we don't live on what ifs now do we.
No disrespect to the 2 missing players, but you obviously did not see the game. Sting East Piper owned ball possession, but 2 unfortunate defensive mistakes ended up costing them. To say the absent players would have made any difference in the outcome is a slap in the face to the girls who played their butts off to reach the Finals, as well as played well enough to win the finals. Sometimes you still get beat anyway..That's just how soccer goes. I only see Sting East Piper getting better in the future.

Goaldad65
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 24/07/12, 04:28 pm

Ugh! Here we go again!!! Crying or Very sad

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccer 24/07/12, 06:06 pm

Yeah no kidding
04Soccer
04Soccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socceroos 24/07/12, 08:14 pm

go99 wrote:I think it started as a decent thread but I will leave it at this. I will attatch the quotes of me praising kennington and his team. So I might be a a$%hole but I am not biased. I can tell if you guys can't read, are just stupid, or only see those things that support the view you already held. I put the quotes all together so maybe you can read them then.

"No rosie pants, no king kenny, no Texans whoever the coach is now, seems kind of uninteresting to me"

"Say what you will about solar losing this or that, I still thenk kennington has shown that he is a better team than most on this list. Same with Rosales, not sure what he has lost or not lost but again I would pick him over most of the teams included"

"I thought it was a great tactical move by kennington. Not really something I would have enjoyed watching my dd do at 8yrs old but it was effective."

"Kenn knows his stuff and has a solid team. Without the solid players in place the defensive tactic wouldn't have been able to work."

"Also have to give alot of credit to the solar girls who had a very difficult game plan and they stuck too it and stayed disciplined. Not easy to at all even for a seasoned pro. I think it is much easier to stay disciplined when you are doing all of the attacking."

"I do expect that we may see more teams try this. Most will be unable to pull it off because they are not the team that Kennington is"

"at any rate it was a nice gameplan by Kennington but even better execution by the solar girls. Most teams lack the discipline, athleticism, or skill set to pull that off"

All quotes by Go99.
You are correct and I apologize for not reading all comment made on this subject. I was caught up with the negative comments given to the defensive game plan by coach Kennington and how it stopped LW from executing their attacking style game and really not to much credit on how well the Solar girls played on the field to tie the LW team and actually win in the game in PK.

socceroos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 24/07/12, 08:54 pm

Eliza466 wrote:FoD-- don't go giving away any secrets!!! tongue
lol!

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down