North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 TPGL League Speculation - Page 7 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 TPGL League Speculation

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

04 TPGL League Speculation - Page 7 Empty Re: 04 TPGL League Speculation

Post by MustangGT 10/08/12, 04:45 pm

Curious as to where people are supposed to park. Kroger?

Surely primetime can find a better facility for the cost and it being a "top" league.

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 17/08/12, 04:26 pm

Schedule for week 1

http://primetimesportz.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/2011_TextBlocks/Soccer/TGPL/Documnets/2012.TGPL.Fall.Sat.U9G.pdf

FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by riley13 02/10/12, 12:54 pm

Eliza466 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:Solar Kenn 04 played like a top 3 '04 team in SDL last season IMO.
They belong in the same conversation as RASE, DTN, DT DOYLE, etc.
The question is how much 03 help were they receiving.
The GK was an 03 and was a difference maker in several games.
Their 03 team would get help from the 04s and vice versa.
I was surprised and disappointed not to see them in the TPGL lineup.

That's the thing. All of these teams used 03 players... some more than others. It will be nice to see age pure play in this group so we can find out where everyone REALLY is at in comparison to the other top teams.

Also, I assume DTN is Rosales top team correct?

So it appears only two teams we would like to see Kennington and Texans Rowdies/Doyle (Now Scott I think) are missing.

Seems like DTN Rosales has lost too many players. Probably best for them to regroup in SDL and come out fighting next season.

I think Kennington is in the same boat.

Kennington hasn't lost anyone and the teams have not combined.

Kennington also gained one of the top forwards from RASE.
riley13
riley13
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/12, 05:00 pm

riley13 wrote:
Eliza466 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:Solar Kenn 04 played like a top 3 '04 team in SDL last season IMO.

That's the thing. All of these teams used 03 players... some more than others. It will be nice to see age pure play in this group so we can find out where everyone REALLY is at in comparison to the other top teams.

So it appears only two teams we would like to see Kennington and Texans Rowdies/Doyle (Now Scott I think) are missing.

Seems like DTN Rosales has lost too many players. Probably best for them to regroup in SDL and come out fighting next season.

When did that happen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 02/10/12, 05:16 pm

riley13 wrote:
Eliza466 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

If it is who I think it is, than absolutely gained one of their top players, if not the top..And this is coming from someone that actually knows what they are talking about and doesn't wear the red-tinted glasses..
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 02/10/12, 05:27 pm

Busby Babes wrote:
riley13 wrote:
Eliza466 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

If it is who I think it is, than absolutely gained one of their top players, if not the top..And this is coming from someone that actually knows what they are talking about and doesn't wear the red-tinted glasses..

If it who I am thinking wouldn't it be more like reclaiming what was once their's to begin with?

Now if they added another good job for them.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by riley13 02/10/12, 05:54 pm

Master Bates wrote:
riley13 wrote:
Eliza466 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

When did that happen?

Didn't the stud blonde forward from RASE move to Solar Kennington!? She was on Solar then moved to RASE but this season she went back to Solar
riley13
riley13
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/12, 05:58 pm

riley13 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
riley13 wrote:
Eliza466 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

When did that happen?

Didn't the stud blonde forward from RASE move to Solar Kennington!? She was on Solar then moved to RASE but this season she went back to Solar

Ok thought you meant it just happened. I hear movement of players from Solar to Texans?

Back to top Go down

Post by riley13 02/10/12, 07:52 pm

Busby Babes wrote:
riley13 wrote:
Eliza466 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

I agree. She was a game changer and could score in unbelievable ways! LW and the parents of RASE really screwed themselves by letting her leave.
riley13
riley13
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/12, 07:56 pm

Hopefully we'll get to see a Solar and RASE match-up soon

Back to top Go down

Post by riley13 02/10/12, 07:58 pm

Master Bates wrote:Hopefully we'll get to see a Solar and RASE match-up soon

That would be a heck of a game! who do you think would win?
riley13
riley13
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/12, 08:00 pm

For me RASE. I like Solar but I just think RASE is the strongest team especially in depth. Won't be an easy game for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by riley13 02/10/12, 08:05 pm

Master Bates wrote:For me RASE. I like Solar but I just think RASE is the strongest team especially in depth. Won't be an easy game for them.

I agree. They are a good technical and possessive team but Solar is a team to be reckoned with, especially with bhamilton1's DD . I cant wait for them to square off but Solar isn't one of the teams listed for TPGL so hopefully in a tourney!?
riley13
riley13
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by riley13 02/10/12, 08:21 pm

riley13 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:For me RASE. I like Solar but I just think RASE is the strongest team especially in depth. Won't be an easy game for them.

I agree. They are a good technical and possessive team but Solar is a team to be reckoned with, especially with bhamilton1's DD . I cant wait for them to square off but Solar isn't one of the teams listed for TPGL so hopefully in a tourney!?

Who does your DD play for? Sorry I'm new to this confused
riley13
riley13
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bhamilton1 02/10/12, 10:23 pm

Solar lost two of their best players this week. It might take a while to overcome that and those girls will definitely be missed. But at the same time, I don't think anyone at Solar is too worried about rankings. As long as my DD is enjoying soccer, I really don't care if her team is ranked 3rd or 30th.

There is a ton of talent in the 04 age group. The girls that will be standout players at the older ages will be the ones that are able to keep it fun and maintain their love of the game for the next ten years.

bhamilton1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 03/10/12, 12:00 am

bhamilton1 wrote:Solar lost two of their best players this week. It might take a while to overcome that and those girls will definitely be missed. But at the same time, I don't think anyone at Solar is too worried about rankings. As long as my DD is enjoying soccer, I really don't care if her team is ranked 3rd or 30th.

There is a ton of talent in the 04 age group. The girls that will be standout players at the older ages will be the ones that are able to keep it fun and maintain their love of the game for the next ten years.

I 100% agree with you bhamilton1! I think to many on this site worry about team ranking when in reality in 2yrs none of these teams will look as they are now or even be around. Plus teams that weren't even on the radar will be teams to watch out for down the road. All these girls are learning and will there are studs today there will be new studs tomorrow. The player/team pool will start to even out in the next 12-18mths.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by riley13 03/10/12, 12:10 am

lovesoccer wrote:
bhamilton1 wrote:Solar lost two of their best players this week. It might take a while to overcome that and those girls will definitely be missed. But at the same time, I don't think anyone at Solar is too worried about rankings. As long as my DD is enjoying soccer, I really don't care if her team is ranked 3rd or 30th.

I 100% agree with you bhamilton1! I think to many on this site worry about team ranking when in reality in 2yrs none of these teams will look as they are now or even be around. Plus teams that weren't even on the radar will be teams to watch out for down the road. All these girls are learning and will there are studs today there will be new studs tomorrow. The player/team pool will start to even out in the next 12-18mths.

I agree with both of you but these girls have something that I didnt have when I was their age. I wish I could have had a good league, coach, and team because it could have gotten me way further in my soccer skills! these girls have some amazing teams in their league and I would have loved being competitive and being a top team at such an early age. There is a way to go overboard though and I understand that but all these girls should love what they have because those will be our next national team if they can tell themselves, hey im good and i have an amazing opportunity to get better and get my name out there to the soccer world! some have already just doing simple things like video taping because bhamilton1, your DD id already pretty well know and super talented!! but you still have to keep working hard, pushing yourself, and you can still have fun and love the game. I know I still do..
riley13
riley13
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/10/12, 08:32 am

okay maybe girls soccer is way different but I can say for boys, the top teams in academy were rlatively stable going into select and remained the top teams there. This of course does not acount for indie fallout from poaching of the bigger clubs. Also most of the top players I remember today were fairly standout in academy with a few exceptions and those were mostly hispanic that showed up and wow were did that kid come from. Had obviously been playing somewhere just not in academy. There have been a few top players that failed to keep pace and are nothing more than average now. So in my experience the player pool doesn't even out it concentrates even more. Teams don't come from off the radar to be a top team. There is some movement going into the last year of academy but The cores of the top teams tend to stay intact. Now of course not sure what any of this has to do with tpgl scratch
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocrying 03/10/12, 08:59 am

[quote="lovesoccer"]

I 100% agree with you bhamilton1! I think to many on this site worry about team ranking when in reality in 2yrs none of these teams will look as they are now or even be around. Plus teams that weren't even on the radar will be teams to watch out for down the road. All these girls are learning and will there are studs today there will be new studs tomorrow. The player/team pool will start to even out in the next 12-18mths. [/quot

Winning attitude and hard working mentality breeds winners Now and Later! Either you got it or you dont. You keep feeding your DD " dont worry honey, you will be better in a couple of years, just have fun now" see where that gets you.
Nocrying
Nocrying
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 03/10/12, 09:29 am

[quote="Nocrying"]
lovesoccer wrote:

I 100% agree with you bhamilton1! I think to many on this site worry about team ranking when in reality in 2yrs none of these teams will look as they are now or even be around. Plus teams that weren't even on the radar will be teams to watch out for down the road. All these girls are learning and will there are studs today there will be new studs tomorrow. The player/team pool will start to even out in the next 12-18mths. [/quot

Winning attitude and hard working mentality breeds winners Now and Later! Either you got it or you dont. You keep feeding your DD " dont worry honey, you will be better in a couple of years, just have fun now" see where that gets you.

Some truth here but also some BS. I have been around select soccer for a decade and found the following:

A) Studs in academy have a very high percentage chance to remain studs in select IF they continue to work hard
B) Studs in academy have a very high chance of dropping to average if they do not work hard (Hard work beats talent when talent isn't working so hard...)
C) Average to below average kids do occasionally become studs AFTER puberty when they physically and mentally become more ready to play
D) Top academy teams that have very little turn over and maintain core players for 2+ years on average before select usually remain top teams in select
E) Top academy teams who rely heavily on guest players and whose average player stays only a season or two are not likely to make and stay D1

Last edited by Shelby427 on 03/10/12, 10:13 am; edited 3 times in total

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by riley13 03/10/12, 09:44 am

[quote="Shelby427"]
Nocrying wrote:
lovesoccer wrote:

Some truth here but also some BS. I have been around select soccer for a decade and found the following:

A) Studs in acadmey have a very high percentage chance to remain studs in select IF they continue to work hard
B) Studs in acadmey have a very high chance of dropping to average if they do not work hard (Hard work beats talent when talent isn't working so hard...)
C) Average to below average kids do occasionaly become studs AFTER puberty when they physicaly and mentally become more ready to play
D) Top acadmey teams that have very little turn over and maintain core players for 2+ years on average before select ususaly remain top teams in select
E) Top academy teams who rely heavily on guest players and whose average player stays only a season or two are not likley to make and stay D1

I agree. Righht now is the time to learn all the basics and plus a little more so when you are older you improve them. This will help get you on to a D1 team instead of an average, not skilled team just because you said " Im too young so im going to just have fun and work a little later..." Being competitive is part of the game and even people like Alex Morgan say they are super competitive yet they still have fun. Right? I would have more fun knowing that im a good player, having a great team, and knowing that we are skilled and tried our hardest instead of sucking, winning or losing.
riley13
riley13
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 03/10/12, 10:31 am

[quote="riley13"]
Shelby427 wrote:
Nocrying wrote:
lovesoccer wrote:

A) Studs in acadmey have a very high percentage chance to remain studs in select IF they continue to work hard
B) Studs in acadmey have a very high chance of dropping to average if they do not work hard (Hard work beats talent when talent isn't working so hard...)
C) Average to below average kids do occasionaly become studs AFTER puberty when they physicaly and mentally become more ready to play
D) Top acadmey teams that have very little turn over and maintain core players for 2+ years on average before select ususaly remain top teams in select
E) Top academy teams who rely heavily on guest players and whose average player stays only a season or two are not likley to make and stay D1

I agree. Righht now is the time to learn all the basics and plus a little more so when you are older you improve them. This will help get you on to a D1 team instead of an average, not skilled team just because you said " Im too young so im going to just have fun and work a little later..." Being competitive is part of the game and even people like Alex Morgan say they are super competitive yet they still have fun. Right? I would have more fun knowing that im a good player, having a great team, and knowing that we are skilled and tried our hardest instead of sucking, winning or losing.

More physically developed kids with a crappy attitude and work ethic can be toxic to a team - attitude, skills and focus are what is important to develop at this age - what are the top quality college coaches look for in soccer players? - yep, attitude always #1 above any physical attributes. Work ethic is priceless
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by bhamilton1 03/10/12, 11:54 am

Winning attitude and hard working mentality breeds winners Now and Later! Either you got it or you dont. You keep feeding your DD " dont worry honey, you will be better in a couple of years, just have fun now" see where that gets you. [/quote]

Alex Morgan didn't even begin playing competitive soccer until she was 13 or 14. I think she turned out OK.
Look at the profiles of the players on the US National Team. A huge majority of them were multiple sport athletes in high school. They didn't play soccer 24/7.
Beating all of your opponents at 8 years old means nothing. Some parents have their kids entire soccer career planned out already. The reality is that half of the kids playing competitive soccer at age eight will not be playing at age eighteen. Even at the college level, burnout is at an all time high. My personal opinion is that sometimes parents need to pull their foot off the gas. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Ultimately, your DD is going to decide how good she wants to be in soccer. It's not up to the parent. It's your DD's decision. If she loves the game enough to go out and practice on her own for the next ten years and watches it on TV, etc. then she is probably going to be a pretty good player. The players that made it to the National Team are there because they love what they do. It's fun for them. They didn't get there because mom and dad forced it down their throat for 10 to 15 years. You can only be passionate about something if you enjoy it immensely.

Last edited by bhamilton1 on 03/10/12, 01:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

bhamilton1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 03/10/12, 12:29 pm

You are on the right path bhamilton1.

The quote made above "either you got it or you don't" couldn't be further from the truth in respects to 8-9 year olds.

A more realistic view of what might be down the road would be "either you will get it or you won't" and it is way to early to give up on someone that hasn't "got it" yet.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by riley13 03/10/12, 01:56 pm

bhamilton1 wrote:Winning attitude and hard working mentality breeds winners Now and Later! Either you got it or you dont. You keep feeding your DD " dont worry honey, you will be better in a couple of years, just have fun now" see where that gets you.

Alex Morgan didn't even begin playing competitive soccer until she was 13 or 14. I think she turned out OK.
Look at the profiles of the players on the US National Team. A huge majority of them were multiple sport athletes in high school. They didn't play soccer 24/7.
Beating all of your opponents at 8 years old means nothing. Some parents have their kids entire soccer career planned out already. The reality is that half of the kids playing competitive soccer at age eight will not be playing at age eighteen. Even at the college level, burnout is at an all time high. My personal opinion is that sometimes parents need to pull their foot off the gas. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Ultimately, your DD is going to decide how good she wants to be in soccer. It's not up to the parent. It's your DD's decision. If she loves the game enough to go out and practice on her own for the next ten years and watches it on TV, etc. then she is probably going to be a pretty good player. The players that made it to the National Team are there because they love what they do. It's fun for them. They didn't get there because mom and dad forced it down their throat for 10 to 15 years. You can only be passionate about something if you enjoy it immensely.[/quote]

Im not saying you should force it down their throat but if she truly loves the game, she would give-up every other sport to play it. She shouldnt give up other sports now but it she wants it, she might have to make a sacrifice just like some of the national team had to do ( Lauren Cheney gave up basketball and Alex gave up her sports eventually too) Alex even admits that since she didnt start playing soccer till 14 that she was a little behind than most of her other teamates even though she is still successful. And bhamilton1, you DD can do whatever she wants but she has worked so hard to get where she is right now and you can tell that and what good will it do to slow her down by putting her on an average team? I am not critizing you because I can tell you love her and would do whats best for and support her in anything she does but please recognize her potential ! Like I said before, I would have more fun being on a good team and being a really good soccer player instead of being on an average team and playing less than what you actually can do. Please dont take anything to personally because Im just trying to understand.
riley13
riley13
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by kadro 03/10/12, 02:09 pm

riley13 "but please recognize her potential!"

ummm, I think he does recognize, but potential means nothing without happiness or confidence.

kadro
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next