North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 TPGL League Speculation - Page 8 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 TPGL League Speculation

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

04 TPGL League Speculation - Page 8 Empty Re: 04 TPGL League Speculation

Post by kadro 03/10/12, 02:09 pm

riley13 "but please recognize her potential!"

ummm, I think he does recognize, but potential means nothing without happiness or confidence.

kadro
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 03/10/12, 02:12 pm

"Im not saying you should force it down their throat but if she truly loves the game, she would give-up every other sport to play it. She shouldnt give up other sports now but it she wants it, she might have to make a sacrifice just like some of the national team had to do ( Lauren Cheney gave up basketball and Alex gave up her sports eventually too) Alex even admits that since she didnt start playing soccer till 14 that she was a little behind than most of her other teamates even though she is still successful"

Come on Riley. A overbearing Academy coach must have got to you somehow.

Above is a garbage statement that doesn't apply to 8-9 year olds. It would be more applicable to someone entering high school, not the 3rd grade.

How can you expect a girl of this age to determine what sport they like the best when they have only been involved a couple of years. If anything, parents should be trying to get their kids involved in a variety of sports at this age, not making them pick one.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bhamilton1 03/10/12, 02:43 pm

riley13 wrote:
bhamilton1 wrote:Winning attitude and hard working mentality breeds winners Now and Later! Either you got it or you dont. You keep feeding your DD " dont worry honey, you will be better in a couple of years, just have fun now" see where that gets you.

Alex Morgan didn't even begin playing competitive soccer until she was 13 or 14. I think she turned out OK.
Look at the profiles of the players on the US National Team. A huge majority of them were multiple sport athletes in high school. They didn't play soccer 24/7.
Beating all of your opponents at 8 years old means nothing. Some parents have their kids entire soccer career planned out already. The reality is that half of the kids playing competitive soccer at age eight will not be playing at age eighteen. Even at the college level, burnout is at an all time high. My personal opinion is that sometimes parents need to pull their foot off the gas. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Ultimately, your DD is going to decide how good she wants to be in soccer. It's not up to the parent. It's your DD's decision. If she loves the game enough to go out and practice on her own for the next ten years and watches it on TV, etc. then she is probably going to be a pretty good player. The players that made it to the National Team are there because they love what they do. It's fun for them. They didn't get there because mom and dad forced it down their throat for 10 to 15 years. You can only be passionate about something if you enjoy it immensely.

Im not saying you should force it down their throat but if she truly loves the game, she would give-up every other sport to play it. She shouldnt give up other sports now but it she wants it, she might have to make a sacrifice just like some of the national team had to do ( Lauren Cheney gave up basketball and Alex gave up her sports eventually too) Alex even admits that since she didnt start playing soccer till 14 that she was a little behind than most of her other teamates even though she is still successful. And bhamilton1, you DD can do whatever she wants but she has worked so hard to get where she is right now and you can tell that and what good will it do to slow her down by putting her on an average team? I am not critizing you because I can tell you love her and would do whats best for and support her in anything she does but please recognize her potential ! Like I said before, I would have more fun being on a good team and being a really good soccer player instead of being on an average team and playing less than what you actually can do. Please dont take anything to personally because Im just trying to understand.[/quote]

The reality is that my DD might not even play select soccer. And I am perfectly fine with that. It's 100% her decision. She is playing so many sports that she is basically a part-time soccer player at this point. There are plenty of kids just as good or better than her. Will she continue to fall behind other players that play year round? Yes.
Do I care? No.
Although she is passionate about soccer, she has to decide what she wants. Pushing her will get her nowhere. The kids that "want it the most" will be there in the end.
Being on a top team at age 13 is important. Being on a top team at age 8......not so much. We will continue to focus on fun and skill development and let the cards fall where they may.

bhamilton1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 03/10/12, 02:49 pm

slrsoccer wrote:"Im not saying you should force it down their throat but if she truly loves the game, she would give-up every other sport to play it. She shouldnt give up other sports now but it she wants it, she might have to make a sacrifice just like some of the national team had to do ( Lauren Cheney gave up basketball and Alex gave up her sports eventually too) Alex even admits that since she didnt start playing soccer till 14 that she was a little behind than most of her other teamates even though she is still successful"

Above is a garbage statement that doesn't apply to 8-9 year olds. It would be more applicable to someone entering high school, not the 3rd grade.

How can you expect a girl of this age to determine what sport they like the best when they have only been involved a couple of years. If anything, parents should be trying to get their kids involved in a variety of sports at this age, not making them pick one.

I think you are all missing the point. Work ethic is what to teach our girls, who cares if they are on the #1 ranked or #40 ranked team. If they learn how to work, be competitive and apply skill at 8 or 9 - who gives a rip if they are playing soccer at 14 or in college - work ethic is a transferrable trait that will make them successful at anything they want to be successful doing in the future - and yes, that includes soccer.

That is how Alex Morgan is Alex Morgan, that is how Lady GaGa is Lady GaGa and that is how Hilary Clinton is Hilary Clinton... No, the last two are not soccer players, but can probably outwork anyone on the WNT
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 03/10/12, 02:52 pm

flygirl wrote:
slrsoccer wrote:"Im not saying you should force it down their throat but if she truly loves the game, she would give-up every other sport to play it. She shouldnt give up other sports now but it she wants it, she might have to make a sacrifice just like some of the national team had to do ( Lauren Cheney gave up basketball and Alex gave up her sports eventually too) Alex even admits that since she didnt start playing soccer till 14 that she was a little behind than most of her other teamates even though she is still successful"

I think you are all missing the point. Work ethic is what to teach our girls, who cares if they are on the #1 ranked or #40 ranked team. If they learn how to work, be competitive and apply skill at 8 or 9 - who gives a rip if they are playing soccer at 14 or in college - work ethic is a transferrable trait that will make them successful at anything they want to be successful doing in the future - and yes, that includes soccer.

That is how Alex Morgan is Alex Morgan, that is how Lady GaGa is Lady GaGa and that is how Hilary Clinton is Hilary Clinton... No, the last two are not soccer players

I agree with everything you said 110%! cheers cheers
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 03/10/12, 03:08 pm

Shelby427 wrote:We have beaten this to death...

Anyone want to start a new thread and speculate on actual games this weekend...

Are there any good matchups to highlight?

We should start a Texas Rangers thread... I could use some help coping with the crap these guys are rolling out there.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 03/10/12, 03:12 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:

We should start a Texas Rangers thread... I could use some help coping with the crap these guys are rolling out there.

No thx... The less I have to think about that the better.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/10/12, 03:13 pm

alex morgan came from a different time. Athleticism alone was enough to get you thru soccer. That time is coming to an end. Sure way back then she started competative that late. May explain why her off foot is almost non existent or her touch is only passable. It's not just soccer but as sports have become more developed and gone year round, it becomes difficult to keep up with anything without focus. BHam is right though. It is not for the parents to chose but for the kids. That being said, my experience hasn't shown any of these late bloomers to magically appear later. At most some smaller highly skilled kids start to come to the forefront as skill overtakes athleticism in the game. But they too were always good. Just sometime overlooked by the kick, run, and smash mentality of NTX
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/10/12, 03:15 pm

I predict RASE will win
Dalglish will win
Keegan will win

cheers
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 03/10/12, 03:19 pm

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Agree. 1st, cowboys suck, next my college team stinks, now the rangers are circling... Then someone throws Clinton into a soccer forum post (admin pls ban that person for bringing politics onto the forum, JK)

Come on Rangers

I have literally watched or listened to around 95% of every Rangers game this season in person, on TV, on the radio, or on my phone... sometimes I wish I didn't invest so heavily in these guys! It just makes the pain of a collapse hurt that much more.

I do think Yu will win the wildcard game if we need him to... but, man, then he misses the start of the divisional series which is not good.

Maybe they will wake up and win this game... let's get drama boy (Josh Hamilton) some Red Bull!
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/10/12, 03:21 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:

What, Ranger? I thought that movie looked good.

go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 03/10/12, 03:21 pm

October 6th games
Sting East 04 Piper. Vs. Juventus 04G Black
Liverpool 04 RASE ELITE. Vs. Fever United 04 Red
Dallas Texans North Deleon. Vs. Liverpool 04 Dalglish
Texas Spirit 04. Vs. Sting '04 - Searls
Dallas Texans South. Vs. Liverpool 04 Keegan
Lady Aztecs. Vs. Sting '04 Scarfone
Sting '04 - Searls. Vs. Dallas Texans North Deleon

FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 03/10/12, 03:25 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Agree. 1st, cowboys suck, next my college team stinks, now the rangers are circling... Then someone throws Clinton into a soccer forum post (admin pls ban that person for bringing politics onto the forum, JK)

Come on Rangers

I have literally watched or listened to around 95% of every Rangers game this season in person, on TV, on the radio, or on my phone... sometimes I wish I didn't invest so heavily in these guys! It just makes the pain of a collapse hurt that much more.

I do think Yu will win the wildcard game if we need him to... but, man, then he misses the start of the divisional series which is not good.

Maybe they will wake up and win this game... let's get drama boy (Josh Hamilton) some Red Bull!

All that said... Beltre is a BEAST! A true warrior.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by GinkoBiloba11 03/10/12, 03:32 pm

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:October 6th games
Sting East 04 Piper. Vs. Juventus 04G Black
Liverpool 04 RASE ELITE. Vs. Fever United 04 Red
Dallas Texans North Deleon. Vs. Liverpool 04 Dalglish
Texas Spirit 04. Vs. Sting '04 - Searls
Dallas Texans South. Vs. Liverpool 04 Keegan
Lady Aztecs. Vs. Sting '04 Scarfone
Sting '04 - Searls. Vs. Dallas Texans North Deleon

Sting East 04 Piper. Vs. Juventus 04G Black 2-1
Liverpool 04 RASE ELITE. Vs. Fever United 04 Red 3-0
Dallas Texans North Deleon. Vs. Liverpool 04 Dalglish 0-2
Texas Spirit 04. Vs. Sting '04 - Searls 2-1
Dallas Texans South. Vs. Liverpool 04 Keegan 2-0
Lady Aztecs. Vs. Sting '04 Scarfone 1-0
Sting '04 - Searls. Vs. Dallas Texans North Deleon 0-1
GinkoBiloba11
GinkoBiloba11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/10/12, 03:37 pm

oh wow Deleon going on a double header. Who are they bringing in for these? Bang!

Like the DTS but don't see them shutting out the best player in the 04's
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 03/10/12, 03:39 pm

go99 wrote:oh wow Deleon going on a double header. Who are they bringing in for these? Bang!

Let's get this thread back on track.

5-1 Rangers bottom of 3rd! YEAH BABY!
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 03/10/12, 04:06 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:
go99 wrote:oh wow Deleon going on a double header. Who are they bringing in for these? Bang!

Yea.. 5-5.. see I was having a good day..... Look what ya did!

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 03/10/12, 04:07 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Unbelievable. The A's just want it more. Let's see if they can fight back. At least the bats have woken up this game.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 03/10/12, 04:15 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Unbelievable. The A's just want it more. Let's see if they can fight back. At least the bats have woken up this game.

Maybe Cruz and Hamilton need to practice catching fly balls.... Second game in a row that has killed us.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 03/10/12, 04:18 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Maybe Cruz and Hamilton need to practice catching fly balls.... Second game in a row that has killed us.

Josh just needs to pack his crap and get out of Texas. He can take Kinsler with him too.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 03/10/12, 07:07 pm

go99 wrote:alex morgan came from a different time. Athleticism alone was enough to get you thru soccer. That time is coming to an end. Sure way back then she started competative that late. May explain why her off foot is almost non existent or her touch is only passable. It's not just soccer but as sports have become more developed and gone year round, it becomes difficult to keep up with anything without focus. BHam is right though. It is not for the parents to chose but for the kids. That being said, my experience hasn't shown any of these late bloomers to magically appear later. At most some smaller highly skilled kids start to come to the forefront as skill overtakes athleticism in the game. But they too were always good. Just sometime overlooked by the kick, run, and smash mentality of NTX

I still haven't seen this happening, you say that time is coming to an end, but go look at even the best 02 and 01 teams, they are all pretty much big, fast, and athletic girls. While they may be better skilled than earlier generations, the best teams still want big, fast and athletic over a small skilled player that isn't as fast. Basically, what I'm saying is everything being equal skill wise, the small player will almost always be looked over! The little players will almost always have to be way better to get their shot and will be behind the 8 Ball. That being said, if the small player is also a speed demon and also better skilled that could put her over the top, but skill alone usually won't do it by itself. Go look at Higgs 01 and 02's....mostly big, fast athletic and skilled, same for both Grubb 01 and 02's and Bates 01's. Maybe coaches still think they can coach them up if they aren't quite there skilled wise, but have all the other intangibles. Maybe the change is coming with the 04's? Then again, I was a football player growing up and hated soccer, so what do I know? I'm just reporting what I see on the fields in age groups I have dds in. The best teams are still big, fast, and athletic for the most part and they look skilled also!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/10/12, 09:53 pm

I was thinking more of go watch a bunch of 13 yr old Japanese girls run the score up on our u17 girls at Disney Or the Japan u17 put 9 on mexico (while sitting 2 top goal scorers).
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 03/10/12, 10:00 pm

Go99. Nice update

Location: Riding in the deathstar with DM plotting our takeover of the US womens national team. Step 1 complete

Funny stuff my friend...
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 03/10/12, 10:01 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Josh just needs to pack his crap and get out of Texas. He can take Kinsler with him too.

Dang brother...
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/10/12, 10:07 pm

I like to call this section "Thoughts from Pia"

Opponents used to know exactly what was coming, regardless of who was in the U.S. lineup. But they were powerless. American forwards were bigger or quicker — or both — and more skilled.

But the rest of the world is closing the gap — witness two-time defending World Cup champion Germany. If the United States doesn't adapt, it risks finding itself pulled back into the pack.

"We need to be smarter. We need to do different things," Sundhage said
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 03/10/12, 10:34 pm

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Dang brother...

I'm all better now... even bought my tickets for Friday's game! Assuming Yu takes care of business Friday we'll probably be in better shape than if we won... since we avoided Verlander twice in a 5 game series and we get Balt here @ home whom we've done very well against. Then the 1st 2 of ALDS are @ home. Let's hope Yu brings it! Oh, and If Saunders pitches Friday for the O's know this... he's 0-6 with 9.38 ERA in 6 career starts in Texas. 41 hits, 13 HRs in 31 2/3 innings. Something tells me they'll find another option!

KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next