North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 TPGL League Speculation - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 TPGL League Speculation

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

04 TPGL League Speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 TPGL League Speculation

Post by go99 19/07/12, 09:29 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:Go99
That's rubbish. You think the EAL gold teams like Sting Mendoza,
LP Keegan, Sting West Davis, Mustangs, etc. would duck RASE?
Really? You played one gold team and lost and that team was a .500 club.
Mustangs who finished near the bottom of Gold beat RASE twice last year.
I don't know what league you belong in but EAL Silver was a little to easy for you, but that may be the way you and LW like it.

LMAO too easy. Yes I was kidding. But it was the 03 teams that had us put in silver, not where we chose to play. I would like to believe that it was not the top 03 teams that objected but the others. Well the 04 teams are all getting the top teams together. Except for like 3 of the top ones I guess.

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbum11 19/07/12, 09:31 pm

jen_nah wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:Solar Kenn 04 played like a top 3 '04 team in SDL last season IMO.
They belong in the same conversation as RASE, DTN, DT DOYLE, etc.
The question is how much 03 help were they receiving.
The GK was an 03 and was a difference maker in several games.
Their 03 team would get help from the 04s and vice versa.
I was surprised and disappointed not to see them in the TPGL lineup.

That's the thing. All of these teams used 03 players... some more than others. It will be nice to see age pure play in this group so we can find out where everyone REALLY is at in comparison to the other top teams.

Also, I assume DTN is Rosales top team correct?

So it appears only two teams we would like to see Kennington and Texans Rowdies/Doyle (Now Scott I think) are missing.

Seems like DTN Rosales has lost too many players. Probably best for them to regroup in SDL and come out fighting next season.

WOW!! MB You really have it in for DTN Rosales big time. We have lost 1 and I mean 1 player but have picked up players too. So, Please don't spread lies you know NOTHING about our team. Our team is doing just fine thank you very much. As to where we decide to play in the fall everyone will find out when schedules are released.

Also just make it clear DTN Manchester even though they played up in '03s this spring we NEVER used '03 players in any of our games. We have always played age pure.

I heard that DTN Rosales has lost 3 or 4 girls to the RASE team.

soccerbum11
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/07/12, 09:43 pm

Jen_nah?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 19/07/12, 09:59 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:Sting East Chacon hasn't combined teams with anyone from what I've seen. Also Sting East Piper lost 2 really good players and it showed in this last tourney. If the two teams would've combined then I think they would've been tough to beat. But we don't live on what ifs now do we.

Sweet: You ride or die with Sting East Chacon or Piper?? I saw both teams play and no disrespect to Chacon, but Piper could probably hold their own without a mix team. If the list isnt official, then we are just speculating. King Kenny team, as they call him, and The Rowdies can still be in.. affraid

You might say I have some knowledge of both teams. I agree with you, kind of...at beginning of summer Pipers team was very strong. But he's lost two players, and by the way he looked at the Red Hot & Blue I see a different team. But they will manage. Sting Chacon looks much tougher and I hope they play TGPL. Can't wait til this fall.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 20/07/12, 12:35 am

go99 wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:Go99
That's rubbish. You think the EAL gold teams like Sting Mendoza,
LP Keegan, Sting West Davis, Mustangs, etc. would duck RASE?
Really? You played one gold team and lost and that team was a .500 club.
Mustangs who finished near the bottom of Gold beat RASE twice last year.
I don't know what league you belong in but EAL Silver was a little to easy for you, but that may be the way you and LW like it.

LMAO too easy. Yes I was kidding. But it was the 03 teams that had us put in silver, not where we chose to play. I would like to believe that it was not the top 03 teams that objected but the others. Well the 04 teams are all getting the top teams together. Except for like 3 of the top ones I guess.

Sorry, Go99.....i take everything a little too literally, sometimes..... I do have respect for RASE...and I think they would have held their own in EAL 03 Gold.

But, like most of us, I am intrigued to see all of the best 04s battle it out in league play. If Solar Kenn and others choose a different route, so be it.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 20/07/12, 01:17 am

Solar kennington had to stay in SDL as he has his 05 boys playing up in 04s on Saturdays and his 2 04 Girls teams plus his 03s. So from a scheduling prspective he didn't have any other choice.

Not defending or attacking just Pointing out what seems obvious.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 20/07/12, 10:14 am

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:Solar kennington had to stay in SDL as he has his 05 boys playing up in 04s on Saturdays and his 2 04 Girls teams plus his 03s. So from a scheduling prspective he didn't have any other choice.

Ah so what you are saying is King Kenny is ducking the top competition and chosing to hide is SDL? Twisted Evil
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 20/07/12, 10:54 am

go99 wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:Solar kennington had to stay in SDL as he has his 05 boys playing up in 04s on Saturdays and his 2 04 Girls teams plus his 03s. So from a scheduling prspective he didn't have any other choice.

Ah so what you are saying is King Kenny is ducking the top competition and chosing to hide is SDL? Twisted Evil

Hahahahaha!! We were just talking about this at practice the other night. (us Solar parents) We were wondering how long it would take for someone to say what you just stated. I'll check the pool to see who won!! LOL!! Laughing

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 20/07/12, 11:08 am

don't worry RASE has been ducking the 04's for years so you are in good company
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 20/07/12, 08:12 pm

Eliza466 wrote:
go99 wrote:

Hahahahaha!! We were just talking about this at practice the other night. (us Solar parents) We were wondering how long it would take for someone to say what you just stated. I'll check the pool to see who won!! LOL!! Laughing

I guess it must not of been much of a pot.. I can't recall when the last time Kenny Ken played in a tourney. If y'all Solar parents are happy, I guess that's all that matters. Again, time will tell when y'all have to play with out the '03 players. If SDL is for y'all so be it. Just say you are scare but in a soft voice so no one can hear it. Razz

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 20/07/12, 08:59 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Eliza466 wrote:
go99 wrote:

I guess it must not of been much of a pot.. I can't recall when the last time Kenny Ken played in a tourney. If y'all Solar parents are happy, I guess that's all that matters. Again, time will tell when y'all have to play with out the '03 players. If SDL is for y'all so be it. Just say you are scare but in a soft voice so no one can hear it. Razz

Hmmm, last tournament Solar Ken '04 played in?? Let's hit refresh here.... Maybe back in May? Oh, yea, that Primetime tourney when Solar Ken '04 wore out LW's Rase (sp? who knows, who cares) and won in a PK shootout. And Rase lost the 3rd place game too, I believe, right? I do recall it was somewhat hot that weekend...So, I think that was the last tournament Solar Ken '04 played in. scratch

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 20/07/12, 09:15 pm

I guess that's Solar one MAGICAL Win and they won the National Championship!! I respect Solar for being considered a good team.. I believe they maybe sub par at this point. Nothing harsh meant by that. That's why we havent seen them play at the '04 level..

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 20/07/12, 09:41 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:I guess that's Solar one MAGICAL Win and they won the National Championship!! I respect Solar for being considered a good team.. I believe they maybe sub par at this point. Nothing harsh meant by that. That's why we havent seen them play at the '04 level..

Like Dangerfield, Solar Ken '04 "just can't get any respect". Except from you, so, thanks. A win is a win, but this one was, for whatever reason, "Magical"? not really. Unless you meant it was "Magical" that Rase couldn' score in that game or even the one after, then I would agree with you. Why would you define them as "subpar at this point"? Oh, because they've chosen to play up a level with '03s over last few seasons? With solid wins against '03s and top '04s. Not understanding your rationale.

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/07/12, 09:51 pm

Only way the 04 teams are gonna get respect is by accepting TGPL invitation and playing each other. DTS, RASE, Sting, Dalglish all waiting for Solar and DTN to jump in.

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 20/07/12, 10:06 pm

FieldofDreams wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:I guess that's Solar one MAGICAL Win and they won the National Championship!! I respect Solar for being considered a good team.. I believe they maybe sub par at this point. Nothing harsh meant by that. That's why we havent seen them play at the '04 level..

Like Dangerfield, Solar Ken '04 "just can't get any respect". Except from you, so, thanks. A win is a win, but this one was, for whatever reason, "Magical"? not really. Unless you meant it was "Magical" that Rase couldn' score in that game or even the one after, then I would agree with you. Why would you define them as "subpar at this point"? Oh, because they've chosen to play up a level with '03s over last few seasons? With solid wins against '03s and top '04s. Not understanding your rationale.

Actually, the more I think about it, you are right - it was "Magical", like when parents and coaches of others teams surrounded the field during the last few minutes of the game to watch TWO of the premier '04 teams battle it out, or "Magical" watching LW in disbelief at the end of the game. Apologies, too far off topic, but hey, the bait was there.

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/07/12, 10:12 pm

FieldofDreams wrote:
FieldofDreams wrote:

Actually, the more I think about it, you are right - it was "Magical", like when parents and coaches of others teams surrounded the field during the last few minutes of the game to watch TWO of the premier '04 teams battle it out, or "Magical" watching LW in disbelief at the end of the game. Apologies, too far off topic, but hey, the bait was there.

From what i understand disbelief that 04 team would play 6 in D for the whole game

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 20/07/12, 10:21 pm

Master Bates wrote:Only way the 04 teams are gonna get respect is by accepting TGPL invitation and playing each other. DTS, RASE, Sting, Dalglish all waiting for Solar and DTN to jump in.

Not sure it's the only way, but point taken. As a poster said earlier, it's a scheduling issue.

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 20/07/12, 10:29 pm

I thought it was a great tactical move by kennington. Not really something I would have enjoyed watching my dd do at 8yrs old but it was effective. Packing the back with all 9 players and defending one way traffic might draw you out an occasional tie so you can take your chances in PK's. But far from magical and yes I guess all that attacking wore them out.

Kenn knows his stuff and has a solid team. Without the solid players in place the defensive tactic wouldn't have been able to work. Just so you know, when you deploy that tactic you are saying that you can't play on the field with the other team so you will either defend for the tie or hope for a opportinity to counter. Hey it worked for Chelsea.

At some point LW will have to deal with the tactic because I expect to see it again. But I don't think that point is 8yrs old. Oh and I doubt Kennington needs anyones respect.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 20/07/12, 10:32 pm

Master Bates wrote:
FieldofDreams wrote:
FieldofDreams wrote:

From what i understand disbelief that 04 team would play 6 in D for the whole game

So what, it worked for Chelsea against Barcelona,. Coach should of been able to adapt to change at halftime, which wasnt the case. Couple years ago, Dolphins showed the wildcat formation against some teams and low and behold they got wins. It's called strategy. Bottom line, if teams of any sport at any level can out-strategize their opponent - and get a win out of it- why should they get knocked down in doing so? Where in the rule book does it say teams can't play a defensive game? Seriously

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 20/07/12, 10:39 pm

chelsea is a pro team that the only thing that matters is wins and losses. It worked for Colorado against FCD in the MLS finals. But I doubt you would find anyone that would say Chelsea is a better team than Barcelona but chelsea still has the trophy and the millions that go with it. At 8yrs old you should be learning to play "the right way" whatever that means. Kids should be learning a particular style of play and reinforcing that in the game. Once they have learned to play their way you start to introduce tactics and adjustments. I had said before LW would reinforce his style of play regardless of the results. and at 8 I think you should. I had this same conversation with Bobby Rhine and he talked about his 96 team at the team who were u14 at the time.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 20/07/12, 10:43 pm

go99 wrote:I thought it was a great tactical move by kennington. Not really something I would have enjoyed watching my dd do at 8yrs old but it was effective. Packing the back with all 9 players and defending one way traffic might draw you out an occasional tie so you can take your chances in PK's. But far from magical and yes I guess all that attacking wore them out.

Kenn knows his stuff and has a solid team. Without the solid players in place the defensive tactic wouldn't have been able to work. Just so you know, when you deploy that tactic you are saying that you can't play on the field with the other team so you will either defend for the tie or hope for a opportinity to counter. Hey it worked for Chelsea.

At some point LW will have to deal with the tactic because I expect to see it again. But I don't think that point is 8yrs old. Oh and I doubt Kennington needs anyones respect.

Good POVs

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 20/07/12, 10:47 pm

Master Bates wrote:
FieldofDreams wrote:
FieldofDreams wrote:

I heard the pack mule was their with the 49ers looking for Gold next to the goal.. Heard this from two separate sources. Again, one good win don't make u a TOP team. If and that is "IF" we go by FBR, Solar has dropped. If Solar parents are fine with just practicing and not actually playing in tourney, it's whatever floats their boats. One tourney in three months and trying to hold a top ten spot is not saying much to me. This is my reasoning for saying they are sub par and FBR is saying so. Just my opinion.

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 20/07/12, 10:59 pm

go99 wrote:chelsea is a pro team that the only thing that matters is wins and losses. It worked for Colorado against FCD in the MLS finals. But I doubt you would find anyone that would say Chelsea is a better team than Barcelona but chelsea still has the trophy and the millions that go with it. At 8yrs old you should be learning to play "the right way" whatever that means. Kids should be learning a particular style of play and reinforcing that in the game. Once they have learned to play their way you start to introduce tactics and adjustments. I had said before LW would reinforce his style of play regardless of the results. and at 8 I think you should. I had this same conversation with Bobby Rhine and he talked about his 96 team at the team who were u14 at the time.

Again, good points and agree that during regular season play, Coaches should reinforce their style of play at 8years old or so, ie: LW with efficient passing game or Kennington with skills, but when it comes to tourneys, it changes, whether we want to admit it or not. Our DDs are shooting for that trophy, parents are cheering them on and coaches may change their style to support that.

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 20/07/12, 11:04 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
FieldofDreams wrote:
FieldofDreams wrote:

I heard the pack mule was their with the 49ers looking for Gold next to the goal.. Heard this from two separate sources. Again, one good win don't make u a TOP team. If and that is "IF" we go by FBR, Solar has dropped. If Solar parents are fine with just practicing and not actually playing in tourney, it's whatever floats their boats. One tourney in three months and trying to hold a top ten spot is not saying much to me. This is my reasoning for saying they are sub par and FBR is saying so. Just my opinion.

Need to clarify your first line about the pack mule? Not sure what point you are trying to make. confused

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 20/07/12, 11:11 pm

I was referring to Solar packing in the box against RASE..

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 20/07/12, 11:18 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:I was referring to Solar packing in the box against RASE..

When is the right time to teach strategies? Solar passes well, and has good skill. Oh, and there are a few tournaments coming up, right? We aren't hiding. As we all know it's summer and families go on vacation. So the girls aren't in a tournament for two months, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. Are we supposed to be in every tournament that comes along? They are 8 as many have pointed out, their little bodies need time to rest. So go ahead, pick this message apart and twist away. I'm sure you will come up with something good.

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next