North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 TPGL League Speculation - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 TPGL League Speculation

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

04 TPGL League Speculation - Page 4 Empty Re: 04 TPGL League Speculation

Post by HoldTheDoor 20/07/12, 11:18 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:I was referring to Solar packing in the box against RASE..

When is the right time to teach strategies? Solar passes well, and has good skill. Oh, and there are a few tournaments coming up, right? We aren't hiding. As we all know it's summer and families go on vacation. So the girls aren't in a tournament for two months, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. Are we supposed to be in every tournament that comes along? They are 8 as many have pointed out, their little bodies need time to rest. So go ahead, pick this message apart and twist away. I'm sure you will come up with something good.

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 20/07/12, 11:24 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:I was referring to Solar packing in the box against RASE..

Pretty much so. Or you can also call it efficient tactical execution of a defensive strategy by a Girls U8 team, as perfected by the pros and witnessed worldwide by millions. Just sayin'

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 20/07/12, 11:29 pm

Not trying to pick anything. Sure, rest is needed. If King Kenny has two teams, why can't he combine both to play here and there when players are out??? Again, if not playing is good for Solar, that's fine. FYI, y'all have had plenty of time to rest since the MAGICAL win.. Step out y'all comfort zone... Play TGPL is all I'm saying.

If not, good luck to Solar Kenn in which ever direction y'all decide to do.. Very Happy

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRogers 20/07/12, 11:40 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Not trying to pick anything. Sure, rest is needed. If King Kenny has two teams, why can't he combine both to play here and there when players are out??? Again, if not playing is good for Solar, that's fine. FYI, y'all have had plenty of time to rest since the MAGICAL win.. Step out y'all comfort zone... Play TGPL is all I'm saying.

If not, good luck to Solar Kenn in which ever direction y'all decide to do.. Very Happy

Kenny played with a combined team a month ago in primetime summer. They had 4-5 girls from 1st team according to solar parent.

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 20/07/12, 11:42 pm

FieldofDreams wrote:
go99 wrote:chelsea is a pro team that the only thing that matters is wins and losses. It worked for Colorado against FCD in the MLS finals. But I doubt you would find anyone that would say Chelsea is a better team than Barcelona but chelsea still has the trophy and the millions that go with it. At 8yrs old you should be learning to play "the right way" whatever that means. Kids should be learning a particular style of play and reinforcing that in the game. Once they have learned to play their way you start to introduce tactics and adjustments. I had said before LW would reinforce his style of play regardless of the results. and at 8 I think you should. I had this same conversation with Bobby Rhine and he talked about his 96 team at the team who were u14 at the time.

Again, good points and agree that during regular season play, Coaches should reinforce their style of play at 8years old or so, ie: LW with efficient passing game or Kennington with skills, but when it comes to tourneys, it changes, whether we want to admit it or not. Our DDs are shooting for that trophy, parents are cheering them on and coaches may change their style to support that.

I would hope my coach doesn't support that and that it doesn't change. This is one of the arguments you hear about soccer in the US. The need to win games at younger ages hampers development. So then as a coach I have just said winning is most important not "how" we play. So then when the kid decides not to move the ball and do it herself or just boot it up to the top for the easy score how can you tell her thats not okay? You yourself sent the message that the win is most important. It's easy to "say" development, not as easy to stick with it. This is NTX a parents want wins, ego's demand to be at the top of the FBR. Would have been nice to see kennington because when they actually play, they play nice. But doesn't really matter what league they play in hopefully they get some nice games and tournaments are overrated. Best thing about them is DD get's more time to hang out with her friends.

Oh forgot to answer that when question. Bobby Rhine was just intoducing it at U14 and then even in limited amounts. He still wanted the game to be about executing and imposing a style of play. Oh he did say all that goes out the window for the qualifying tournament. A club like barcelona that start even later
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 21/07/12, 12:05 am

go99 wrote:
FieldofDreams wrote:
go99 wrote:chelsea is a pro team that the only thing that matters is wins and losses. It worked for Colorado against FCD in the MLS finals. But I doubt you would find anyone that would say Chelsea is a better team than Barcelona but chelsea still has the trophy and the millions that go with it. At 8yrs old you should be learning to play "the right way" whatever that means. Kids should be learning a particular style of play and reinforcing that in the game. Once they have learned to play their way you start to introduce tactics and adjustments. I had said before LW would reinforce his style of play regardless of the results. and at 8 I think you should. I had this same conversation with Bobby Rhine and he talked about his 96 team at the team who were u14 at the time.

Again, good points and agree that during regular season play, Coaches should reinforce their style of play at 8years old or so, ie: LW with efficient passing game or Kennington with skills, but when it comes to tourneys, it changes, whether we want to admit it or not. Our DDs are shooting for that trophy, parents are cheering them on and coaches may change their style to support that.

I would hope my coach doesn't support that and that it doesn't change. This is one of the arguments you hear about soccer in the US. The need to win games at younger ages hampers development. So then as a coach I have just said winning is most important not "how" we play. So then when the kid decides not to move the ball and do it herself or just boot it up to the top for the easy score how can you tell her thats not okay? You yourself sent the message that the win is most important. It's easy to "say" development, not as easy to stick with it. This is NTX a parents want wins, ego's demand to be at the top of the FBR. Would have been nice to see kennington because when they actually play, they play nice. But doesn't really matter what league they play in hopefully they get some nice games and tournaments are overrated. Best thing about them is DD get's more time to hang out with her friends.

Oh forgot to answer that when question. Bobby Rhine was just intoducing it at U14 and then even in limited amounts. He still wanted the game to be about executing and imposing a style of play. Oh he did say all that goes out the window for the qualifying tournament. A club like barcelona that start even later

Agree, and to clarify the winning comment- more a general statement as a whole not reflective of any particular team or coach. And while DDs are hanging with friends at these tournaments, us parents and coaches and dragging tents, broken coolers, benches and chairs in 105 degrree Texas heat...argh sunny

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ledger 22/07/12, 10:43 am

Does TGPL play on Saturdays or Sundays? Is it 9v9 or 11v11?

ledger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/07/12, 11:54 am

oh nice! Thats right by me. I'm sold on this league. It's the best league ever
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 23/07/12, 08:34 am

go99 wrote:I thought it was a great tactical move by kennington. Not really something I would have enjoyed watching my dd do at 8yrs old but it was effective. Packing the back with all 9 players and defending one way traffic might draw you out an occasional tie so you can take your chances in PK's. But far from magical and yes I guess all that attacking wore them out.

Kenn knows his stuff and has a solid team. Without the solid players in place the defensive tactic wouldn't have been able to work. Just so you know, when you deploy that tactic you are saying that you can't play on the field with the other team so you will either defend for the tie or hope for a opportinity to counter. Hey it worked for Chelsea.

At some point LW will have to deal with the tactic because I expect to see it again. But I don't think that point is 8yrs old. Oh and I doubt Kennington needs anyones respect.

The most worrisome part of that match is that LW didn't even realize or use certain tactics that could've broken down what Solar were doing... Reminded me of Stuart Pearce managing the U-21's.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 23/07/12, 08:41 am

well not sure if he didn't realize it or not. The argument has been made that he shouldn't have made tactical changes at u8. The girls did a good job of maintaining discipline and playing their way. It was constant offensive pressure and they just didn't win. Also have to give alot of credit to the solar girls who had a very difficult game plan and they stuck too it and stayed disciplined. Not easy to at all even for a seasoned pro. I think it is much easier to stay disciplined when you are doing all of the attacking.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 23/07/12, 08:48 am

go99 wrote:well not sure if he didn't realize it or not. The argument has been made that he shouldn't have made tactical changes at u8. The girls did a good job of maintaining discipline and playing their way. It was constant offensive pressure and they just didn't win. Also have to give alot of credit to the solar girls who had a very difficult game plan and they stuck too it and stayed disciplined. Not easy to at all even for a seasoned pro. I think it is much easier to stay disciplined when you are doing all of the attacking.

It was a simple adjustment that wouldn't have affected their possession or their offensive pressure. The only negative to what he needed to do was it would leave them exposed a bit on a counter attack, but with Solar playing so deep, it was worth the risk. LW never saw what needed to be done.. The Solar coach is probably the top tactician in N. Tex at this level..
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 23/07/12, 09:06 am

They were already exposed. The backline was inside the halfline. I will take your word for it that he didn't know what to do. Being the best tactician at u8 is not actually a good thing. It's alot like math. You learn subtraction and addition. But then a multiplication question gets thrown at you. You like to see if they can use their addition skills to come up with the answer. Once they have mastered their addition skills then you move on to multiplication not before and certianly not just so you can pass the test(game). There were thing he could have done to easily break it down but I am glad he didn't. They need to master what they are doing now and also learn to think on their own. Losing sucks but it's most damaging to parental ego's. Now if they were older in select I would be a little more concerned. I do expect that we may see more teams try this. Most will be unable to pull it off because they are not the team that Kennington is. I also think the girls may now be able to figure it out on their own.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 23/07/12, 09:15 am

go99 wrote:They were already exposed. The backline was inside the halfline. I will take your word for it that he didn't know what to do. Being the best tactician at u8 is not actually a good thing. It's alot like math. You learn subtraction and addition. But then a multiplication question gets thrown at you. You like to see if they can use their addition skills to come up with the answer. Once they have mastered their addition skills then you move on to multiplication not before and certianly not just so you can pass the test(game). There were thing he could have done to easily break it down but I am glad he didn't. They need to master what they are doing now and also learn to think on their own. Losing sucks but it's most damaging to parental ego's. Now if they were older in select I would be a little more concerned. I do expect that we may see more teams try this. Most will be unable to pull it off because they are not the team that Kennington is. I also think the girls may now be able to figure it out on their own.
The backline wasn't pushed up that high. The two centre halves were playing too deep the entire match, especially once they started chasing the game. I agree with a lot of what you posted, make no mistake about it, both teams wanted that win, and one coach failed to make the proper adjustments, and it wasn't because of trying to stay disciplined in their style of play.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/07/12, 10:16 am

Did you ever stop to think that LW had told his defenders to drop deeper so they could receive passes back in the hope that the Solar players would come out of their shell and move up the field? This would have created space behind the Solar defense. However Kenn had clearly told his kids not to attack and instead parked his entire team in the box in front of his keeper like the Alamo. And this sort of stuff is good for youth soccer development apparently.
The folks that hail this D licensed coach as a 'master tactician' are probably the same ones that scratch their heads wondering why US players lack creative expression.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 23/07/12, 11:00 am

you obviously know LW better than me and have your reasons to believe that he didn't rcognize the situation and couldn't solve it. I wouldn't have changed anything at this age group either and my experience with him is this age group not older so I lack the frame of reference to make that assumption that he lacks the ability. Oh BTW if you saw 2 CB that means we were playing with only 2 defenders who yes at times were inside the attacking half. It sounds like you have some insight to LW or at least believe you do.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 23/07/12, 11:05 am

at any rate it was a nice gameplan by Kennington but even better execution by the solar girls. Most teams lack the discipline, athleticism, or skill set to pull that off. Not a fan of 8yr old tactics but I will say I have seen rosales do some good gameplanning also.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/07/12, 03:40 pm

Would love to see a rematch but obviously the master tactician doesn't want one! JK. Anyway would be tough as it sounds like RASE have added some of the DTN Rosales girls (Jen_nah?) (go99?)

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 23/07/12, 04:12 pm

as I am sure anyone from any of the top teams can attest. There are always girls out a practice. One of the great things about are team is how welcoming the girls are to new players. As to who is staying or where they come from I try not to pay attention too. I can only confirm the 1 player that my dd has played with before and known for awhile. Great parents. great player and great kid so she should be a nice addition.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 23/07/12, 09:57 pm

Master Bates wrote:Would love to see a rematch but obviously the master tactician doesn't want one! JK. Anyway would be tough as it sounds like RASE have added some of the DTN Rosales girls (Jen_nah?) (go99?)

Really? Why would it be tough with new DTN girls? Don't think it would be any different, as LW would come with the same game plan, or lack there of. confused

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 23/07/12, 10:06 pm

I think even with that same game plan they win that game more times than they would lose it. The game was won in PK's so it's not like this amazing plan dominated the game. The traffic and possesion was all one way and usually when that happens you win. It just didn't happen that game. BTW I would temper the expectations of any new girls. It can take some time for them get into the flow of what the team is doing on the field.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/07/12, 10:11 pm

FieldofDreams wrote:
Master Bates wrote:Would love to see a rematch but obviously the master tactician doesn't want one! JK. Anyway would be tough as it sounds like RASE have added some of the DTN Rosales girls (Jen_nah?) (go99?)

Really? Why would it be tough with new DTN girls? Don't think it would be any different, as LW would come with the same game plan, or lack there of. confused

I think RASE would beat SK by 3 goals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 24/07/12, 09:43 am

I disagree. I watched the match very closely. Yes, RASE controlled posession for a majority of the match, probably 60/40, not near the exaggerated total some of these posts would lead you to believe. A key point not brought up is that Solar scored their goal in the run of play. Great movement of the ball in the attacking third, with a successful shot for the goal hit in the upper 90. Solar were methodical in what they were doing, choosing to press and attack at opportune times. The RASE goal scored was off a set piece, in which, Solar tried pulling their players away from the keeper to give her a good look at the free kick.

I feel a lot is to be said for a coach in this age group that has a keen understanding from a tactical point of view. All of these girls ( for both teams), have a great understanding of the game. The coach plays a huge part in the future success of these girls.

Good luck in the upcoming seasons for both of these clearly talented teams.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/12, 10:15 am

Busby Babes wrote:I disagree. I watched the match very closely. Yes, RASE controlled posession for a majority of the match, probably 60/40, not near the exaggerated total some of these posts would lead you to believe. A key point not brought up is that Solar scored their goal in the run of play. Great movement of the ball in the attacking third, with a successful shot for the goal hit in the upper 90. Solar were methodical in what they were doing, choosing to press and attack at opportune times. The RASE goal scored was off a set piece, in which, Solar tried pulling their players away from the keeper to give her a good look at the free kick.

I feel a lot is to be said for a coach in this age group that has a keen understanding from a tactical point of view. All of these girls ( for both teams), have a great understanding of the game. The coach plays a huge part in the future success of these girls.

One looping shot against several good chances for RASE, including a shot off the bar? Typical Manure fan seeing what they want to see. Take off the Fergie spectacles even go99 is not that biased!

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 24/07/12, 10:33 am

Go99 and master bates have been the biggest RASE blowhards on this site since day one.
Get over it, SK won. We're they fortunate in doing so? Perhaps.
I was not there, but I tend to trust BustyBabes insight as to what really happened.
You wonder why your team gets so much negative press on here?
Contrary to your belief, it's not because RASE wins so much....
But rather it's the way your parents react to losing.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 24/07/12, 10:37 am

Master Bates wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:I disagree. I watched the match very closely. Yes, RASE controlled posession for a majority of the match, probably 60/40, not near the exaggerated total some of these posts would lead you to believe. A key point not brought up is that Solar scored their goal in the run of play. Great movement of the ball in the attacking third, with a successful shot for the goal hit in the upper 90. Solar were methodical in what they were doing, choosing to press and attack at opportune times. The RASE goal scored was off a set piece, in which, Solar tried pulling their players away from the keeper to give her a good look at the free kick.

One looping shot against several good chances for RASE, including a shot off the bar? Typical Manure fan seeing what they want to see. Take off the Fergie spectacles even go99 is not that biased!

I didn't see this game... would have liked to. I hear Kenny did well but I would say it is certainly possible to outplay a team and still lose. Happens often. At the end of the day, the score is the only metric that determines a "win".

Since it went to PKs you certianly can't claim to be any significant degree better than the other team outright without additional games to settle.

Was this game true 04s? I thought Kenny only had 8 04s on his top team...

It's too bad Kenny is not playing TGPL. On the bright side, RASE is and we will get to see several teams matchup against them that we have not seen before.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 24/07/12, 11:38 am

Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

I didn't see this game... would have liked to. I hear Kenny did well but I would say it is certainly possible to outplay a team and still lose. Happens often. At the end of the day, the score is the only metric that determines a "win".

Since it went to PKs you certianly can't claim to be any significant degree better than the other team outright without additional games to settle.

Was this game true 04s? I thought Kenny only had 8 04s on his top team...

It's too bad Kenny is not playing TGPL. On the bright side, RASE is and we will get to see several teams matchup against them that we have not seen before.

Don't see anywhere where SK is claiming to "be any significant degree better than Rase". Both are top 5 teams, at least. Bottom line, as you stated, it was a win by Solar albeit, a humble one. And like SolarPower00 said earlier, it's LP's parents reactions to the loss as well as excuses that are keeping these conversations going. First, it's LW's attempt at playing his game rather than adapting, then its Solar "packing the box", then its Solar not using all '04s. What's next? Wind blowing from the south or heat index? No solar parents went on gloating about the win, only responding back to criticism or ones who wanted to question Solar's game plan. Seems like it's more of the attitude which differentiates the 2 teams and organizations, not wins / losses.

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next