North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer?

Post by TheWolf 17/03/14, 02:26 pm

1. Parents unwilling to stick with a coach who is willing to teach the game properly ("OMG, Suzie is playing defense?!? What's he doing?? We're outta here")

2. Not enough coaches willing to teach the game properly ("hmmm, do I keep parents happy and writing checks by winning at all costs or risk losing games and said checks...that's a tough one")

I've only seen a handful of teams playing the game properly....some try, which is great. But more often than not, the overall level of coaching and play around here laughable.

TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer?

Post by herradura 17/03/14, 02:31 pm

Too big sided too soon, crappy coaches, parents take the fun out of the game, kids grow up and want do other things, its too hot, injuries, BOYS, you know… life?

It happens here, it happens in California - it happens in Europe too.  

I personally do not think there is any thing more fundamentally wrong here than any other soccer community in the world. Our pool is smaller here, so attrition has more impact.

But then again, Im sure I can come up with something at happy hour tonight...

Last edited by herradura on 17/03/14, 02:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by socceroverload 17/03/14, 02:32 pm

NTX clubs more interested in producing profits than players.
NTX coaches more interested in making a paycheck than developing players.
NTX parents more interested in winning/bragging today than building, planning, preparing for tomorrow.
NTX players getting fed up with all of the above and leaving the sport.

socceroverload
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SOUTHOFTHETRACKS 17/03/14, 02:41 pm

Nothing really to add... just a question. How have the North TX teams done against the SOCAL and others when playing head to head for those age groups?
SOUTHOFTHETRACKS
SOUTHOFTHETRACKS
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/03/14, 02:41 pm

oldboot wrote:It's the demise of black, leather soccer boots.  Colorful, plastic track shoes sold as soccer boots are killing the sport!

I'm ahead of the curve here. My daughter was experiencing heel and Achilles pain. We were advised to try lower and round cleats and those only came in black leather. Pain disappeared immediately and the added bonus, no one else has cleats quite like hers.

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 17/03/14, 02:52 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:I agree with these two great points:

2. The extra physical play and the fact that NTX referees are too afraid to call fouls and clamp down on it

This is a good point and hopefully I can shed some light on this:

Straight red cards or two yellow=red require a nightmare, time consuming amount of paperwork for the ref depending on the venue (LH/PPL/APL/Tournies). There are things on there such as: field conditions, wind, direction of sun, etc. Then the CR has to write a description of the exact reason for the card(s). The ARs either have to write a description themselves or just sign off on the comments. It is a pain in the butt when all of that has to be done when the normal process is to simply hand in the game sheet. With also running from game to game, sometimes without a break (I've gone 7 games consecutively sprinting from pitch to pitch), they have to stay late to do it when completely exhausted.

Does the previous explanation make it right? Not at times, but refs also have sympathy for the kids playing. No ref WANTS to see a kid unable to play the next match. I have rarely had to issue a red and when I did, I had to take a deep breath, sigh and feel like hanging my head for having to do what was appropriate. It still made me feel like crap.  Sad

I hate to hear that but understand.  My beef is not actually with wanting to see yellows and reds but just calling the fouls on the overly physical play.  I understand the paperwork and headache of issuing a red card, but calling fouls when there are fouls and then issuing a yellow when it continues a couple more times allows a ref to control the game when it is needed.  Otherwise, the physical player continues to bully, and bully more, as she learns she will get away with it.  I think multiple fouls and then a yellow card teach a valuable lesson, specifically in the academy ages.  Let's get the meat-head football mentality out of NTX soccer.  That will help our DDs play it the right way.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf 17/03/14, 02:54 pm

SOUTHOFTHETRACKS wrote:Nothing really to add... just a question. How have the North TX teams done against the SOCAL and others when playing head to head for those age groups?

Seems like SRSA and FCD have been to Vegas cup recently with much success. But I don't think you can say "NTX Soccer is superior" based on those results. Could be the exposure to natioal program is higher out there - could be kids continue to have a desire to play, earn and grow more out there...who knows?
TheWolf
TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf 17/03/14, 02:55 pm

"L"earn
TheWolf
TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/03/14, 03:11 pm

top 10 things wrong with NTX soccer

1. Parents
2. parents
3. parents
4. parents
5. parents
6. parents
7. parents
8. Clubs
9. Coaches
10. lack of scouting
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/03/14, 03:14 pm

go99 wrote:top 10 things wrong with NTX soccer

1.  Parents
2.  parents
3.  parents
4.  parents
5.  parents
6.  parents
7.  parents
8.  Clubs
9.  Coaches
10. lack of scouting

nope

money
money
money
club
club
coaches
coaches
parents
parents
emphasis on winning, relegation etc

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/03/14, 03:24 pm

ah but see money=parents. Money drives the system and you can step off the ride but their is a parent with checkbook open happily waiting. Emphasis on winning=parents. This is driven from parents. The first year of the PA in boys there was no championship no anything. Parents complained that games felt like scrimmages and they wanted to play for something. Next season, surprise there is a championship that only the top ranked teams are invited to (empasis now on winning). Many people know what the right thing to do is but the consumer drives the market.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/03/14, 04:43 pm

no money drives the clubs, more teams, more players equals more money which is why they have plano premier teams and still charge the full boat for glorified rec...

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 17/03/14, 05:03 pm

What is NTX soccer associations culpability in all of this? We keep talking about club soccer, but even rec leagues play full sided at U-11.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/03/14, 06:20 pm

Socal plays 11v11 same age as NTX. Trend of Texas kids on national team pools looks to be going in the right direction. Not a whole lot wrong with NTX.

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware 17/03/14, 06:32 pm

1.  Parents
2.  parents
3.  parents
4.  parents
5.  parents
6.  parents
7.  parents
8.  Clubs
9.  Coaches
10. lack of scouting

Or...

1. www.txsoccer.net
2. go99
3. Soccerdad1969
4. Silentparent
5. TheWolf
6. TatonkaBurger
7. Pale Rider
8. Full Kit Wankers
9. etc.
Full Kit Wankers Beware
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/03/14, 07:27 pm

Full Kit Wankers Beware wrote:

1.  Parents
2.  parents
3.  parents
4.  parents
5.  parents
6.  parents
7.  parents
8.  Clubs
9.  Coaches
10. lack of scouting

Or...

1. www.txsoccer.net
2. go99
3. Soccerdad1969
4. Silentparent
5. TheWolf
6. TatonkaBurger
7. Pale Rider
8. Full Kit Wankers
9. etc.

cool! i made the official list of all that is wrong w ntx soccer, where's my prize? suck it herradura, you arent an official cancer! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/03/14, 07:43 pm

That's a bummer. Thought I had survived cancer......turns out, I am the cancer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware 17/03/14, 07:55 pm

Pale Rider wrote:That's a bummer.  Thought I had survived cancer......turns out, I am the cancer.  

Change the name from "Top Posting Users This Month" to "All that is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer" and there you go.
Full Kit Wankers Beware
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 17/03/14, 07:57 pm

Got too love FKW's humility. He included himself as one of the cancers.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 17/03/14, 09:15 pm

silentparent wrote:

1.  Parents
2.  parents
3.  parents
4.  parents
5.  parents
6.  parents
7.  parents
8.  Clubs
9.  Coaches
10. lack of scouting

Or...

1. www.txsoccer.net
2. go99
3. Soccerdad1969
4. Silentparent
5. TheWolf
6. TatonkaBurger
7. Pale Rider
8. Full Kit Wankers
9. etc.

cool! i made the official list of all that is wrong w ntx soccer, where's my prize? suck it herradura, you arent an official cancer! lol

SP - Im too frickin drunk right now to comment on all that is wrong with 11 yr old girls soccer in North Texas - maybe I'll make the cancer list tomorrow - can someone PLEASE send me directions to the St. Paddy's day party at La Bare???
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 17/03/14, 10:05 pm

1.  Parents
2.  parents
3.  parents
4.  parents
5.  parents
6.  parents
7.  parents
8.  Clubs
9.  Coaches
10. lack of scouting

Or...

1. www.txsoccer.net
2. go99
3. Soccerdad1969
4. Silentparent
5. TheWolf
6. TatonkaBurger
7. Pale Rider
8. Full Kit Wankers
9. etc.

Thank you for not including me, although I am sure that "me?obsessed?" will disagree.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 17/03/14, 10:35 pm

Pay to play.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 18/03/14, 08:36 am

1.  Parents
2.  parents
3.  parents
4.  parents
5.  parents
6.  parents
7.  parents
8.  Clubs
9.  Coaches
10. lack of scouting

Or...

1. www.txsoccer.net
2. go99
3. Soccerdad1969
4. Silentparent
5. TheWolf
6. TatonkaBurger
7. Pale Rider
8. Full Kit Wankers
9. etc.

It is truly an honor to be mentioned with such a classy group of cancers.  Alright, alright, alright.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 18/03/14, 09:22 am

I really don't think there is too much wrong with NTX soccer. Sure, there could be improvements but to base opinions strictly on number of National Team pool players isn't going to lead you in the right direction.

If you go back through time, you will find that the geographical location of any particular NT coach plays a large role in how the team shapes up. Most NT coaches have come from the NE and West Coast, thus more players from those areas will be scouted and ultimately get in the pool.

You have to go back to the 80's and 90's to find NT coaches that were from Texas. When that was the case you did find more players from Texas as part of those teams.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/03/14, 09:37 am

From reading these threads, girls soccer looks like a bunch of bureaucracy and politics, from Lake Highlands and ECNL up to College and the National Teams. "The best will play" sounds so simple and fair, but that's not the case at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 18/03/14, 09:53 am

I would have to agree that pulling straight numbers doesn't address the situation or the problem.  (If there it really is a problem)  There are lies darn lies and statistics.  We probably could get numbers of California vs Texas in Club games and find that our teams compete and play relatively the same or above them.  (See Boys Super Copa results for an example)  Some of the points are valid and there needs to be more of an emphasis on Development if we really want to improve North Texas soccer as a whole.  The game has changed over time and trust that the landscape of North Texas Soccer has changed over time.  I for one am pleased that there are so many folks playing the game at all levels.  Increasing the pool increases our chances in the state.  The key is creating a system that allows for talent identification and that progresses the talent appropriately.  It will be interesting to see how that process continues.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next