North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LH QT Seeding  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LH QT Seeding

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

LH QT Seeding  - Page 2 Empty Re: LH QT Seeding

Post by KeeperSweeper 23/07/13, 01:49 pm

FC Dallas 01 South Blue folded. Some of the girls went to Lightning, some went to Kicks.

KeeperSweeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Thermonuclear 23/07/13, 02:10 pm

KeeperSweeper wrote:FC Dallas 01 South Blue folded.  Some of the girls went to Lightning, some went to Kicks.

Hmmm...dpedning upon where their scorers went, that could change my guesstimates...
Thermonuclear
Thermonuclear
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Thermonuclear 23/07/13, 03:09 pm

Looks like bracket G just got a whole lot more interesting Shocked 
Thermonuclear
Thermonuclear
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by survivor01 23/07/13, 04:27 pm

I'm curious about Andro Blue (formerly TFC White).  2nd place PPL D2 team last year.  Many have them either winning their bracket or as a toss up with the others in their bracket.  They rocked their King Tut bracket last week.  Did they have guest players or have some nice additions to put them so high in everyone's opinions.  Just wondering.  Question
survivor01
survivor01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by iDefend 23/07/13, 04:32 pm

survivor01 wrote:I'm curious about Andro Blue (formerly TFC White).  2nd place PPL D2 team last year.  Many have them either winning their bracket or as a toss up with the others in their bracket.  They rocked their King Tut bracket last week.  Did they have guest players or have some nice additions to put them so high in everyone's opinions.  Just wondering.  Question

They have added some very skilled players and are playing very well together.  This weekend will be a good test for them.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by survivor01 23/07/13, 04:37 pm

iDefend wrote:
survivor01 wrote:I'm curious about Andro Blue (formerly TFC White).  2nd place PPL D2 team last year.  Many have them either winning their bracket or as a toss up with the others in their bracket.  They rocked their King Tut bracket last week.  Did they have guest players or have some nice additions to put them so high in everyone's opinions.  Just wondering.  Question

They have added some very skilled players and are playing very well together.  This weekend will be a good test for them.

Ok thanks!  Wish them well!
survivor01
survivor01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 23/07/13, 08:52 pm

Just curious, why would the #1 seed play the #2 seed in first round, in cross bracket play?

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 23/07/13, 10:01 pm

Joe scafone wrote:Just curious, why would the #1 seed play the #2 seed in first round, in cross bracket play?

Straight aath if you consider the way the brackets are expected to fall. Out the #1 and #2 teams are expected to beat the rest of the teams in their bracket thus a game against 1 and 2 shouldn't effect the overall outcome. It would be nice to set cross overs as true cross overs again. However, in this situation you control your own destiny by beating teams in your group. If it was cross bracket it wouldn't be shown appropriately if the team truly deserved to get in. Girls played well tonight. Lots of close games. Alll the teams played well tonight looks like the difference betweeen the top and the bottom is not as far as these posters thought they were.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/13, 08:17 am

Marvelousmar wrote:
Joe scafone wrote:Just curious, why would the #1 seed play the #2 seed in first round, in cross bracket play?

Straight aath if you consider the way the brackets are expected to fall.  Out the #1 and #2 teams are expected to beat the rest of the teams in their bracket thus a game against 1 and 2 shouldn't effect the overall outcome.  It would be nice to set cross overs as true cross overs again.  However, in this situation you control your own destiny by beating teams in your group.  If it was cross bracket it wouldn't be shown appropriately if the team truly deserved to get in.  Girls played well tonight.  Lots of close games.  Alll the teams played well tonight looks like the difference betweeen the top and the bottom is not as far as these posters thought they were.

Not really. Everything pretty much played out as expected. Only difference might be the tie with AFC White (more people probably expected them to win) and the Solar Navy game, but it was noted in other threads that Solar Navy's more skilled players moved on to other teams.

Back to top Go down

LH QT Seeding  - Page 2 Empty Obsessed

Post by Marvelousmar 24/07/13, 08:58 am

Totally agree that things went as expected. Favourites generally won as one would expect.(hence seedings properly done) Didn't see a lot of the games just taking based on conversations with others that most games were pretty close though the results went the higher seeds benefit. 9 games played last night lower seed only won in 1 of the 9 matches.

Plano D2 and lower Plano D1 and Arlington 1 teams playing higher seeds well ( no victory but competed well) in most games. A few blow outs but again one can't tell a lot about a game by score alone. Though this weekend that's all that really matters if you want to play next week.

So what I was trying to say is it appears the Gap is not as wide between 1-26 as previously thought. There still is a Gap, one could see that watching our game yesterday, however, it is a lot smaller then it has been in the past.

As before good luck to all the teams the rest of this tourney. Looking forward to our next match.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/13, 09:21 am

Marvelousmar wrote:Totally agree that things went as expected.  Favourites generally won as one would expect.(hence seedings properly done)  Didn't see a lot of the games just taking based on conversations with others that most games were pretty close though the results went the higher seeds benefit.  9 games played last night lower seed only won in 1 of the 9 matches.

Plano D2 and lower Plano D1 and Arlington 1 teams playing higher seeds well ( no victory but competed well) in most games.  A few blow outs but again one can't tell a lot about a game by score alone.  Though this weekend that's all that really matters if you want to play next week.  

So what I was trying to say is it appears the Gap is not as wide between 1-26 as previously thought.  There still is a Gap, one could see that watching our game yesterday, however, it is a lot smaller then it has been in the past.  

As before good luck to all the teams the rest of this tourney.  Looking forward to our next match.  

8 games played last night. 6 of those were by multiple goals. It gets harder to score as the girls get older - growth spurts for most will catch up to those that started early, weeding out of weaker & less interested players, etc. Unless it's decided by 1 goal or a tie, it's not really considered a close game IMO. And even then, scores may not reflect that the winning team could have outshot the losing team 30-5. Unless it's a LHGCL D1/D2 team playing a PPL or APL team (see some of the Puma Cup scores), then you won't see the "blow outs" like we did 2-3 years ago. From what I've heard about these games, the "gap" was as expected. Understand what you're trying to say, but disagree.

Back to top Go down

Post by axlefoley 24/07/13, 09:34 am

so which 4 teams will fill those LH slots? anybody have predicitons?
1. Redstar (look like they are playing better than last year)
2. Frisco Fusion (Plano champions, they got stronger over summer)
3. LP Keegan(strong finish from last year, got even stronger this summer)
4. Lady Aztecs(I think they take the 4th slot)
other teams to consider.. DT South, Kicks Blue, Sting West, AFC Red, Andromedia Red, Infinity, oh and what about FC Dallas West Texas? where they coming from? They are a strong team and will probably make the final 4.
axlefoley
axlefoley
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EasyTarget12 24/07/13, 09:36 am

me?obsessed? wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:Totally agree that things went as expected.  Favourites generally won as one would expect.(hence seedings properly done)  Didn't see a lot of the games just taking based on conversations with others that most games were pretty close though the results went the higher seeds benefit.  9 games played last night lower seed only won in 1 of the 9 matches.

Plano D2 and lower Plano D1 and Arlington 1 teams playing higher seeds well ( no victory but competed well) in most games.  A few blow outs but again one can't tell a lot about a game by score alone.  Though this weekend that's all that really matters if you want to play next week.  

So what I was trying to say is it appears the Gap is not as wide between 1-26 as previously thought.  There still is a Gap, one could see that watching our game yesterday, however, it is a lot smaller then it has been in the past.  

As before good luck to all the teams the rest of this tourney.  Looking forward to our next match.  

8 games played last night.  6 of those were by multiple goals.  It gets harder to score as the girls get older - growth spurts for most will catch up to those that started early, weeding out of weaker & less interested players, etc.  Unless it's decided by 1 goal or a tie, it's not really considered a close game IMO.  And even then, scores may not reflect that the winning team could have outshot the losing team 30-5.  Unless it's a LHGCL D1/D2 team playing a PPL or APL team (see some of the Puma Cup scores), then you won't see the "blow outs" like we did 2-3 years ago.   From what I've heard about these games, the "gap" was as expected.  Understand what you're trying to say, but disagree.

I think it's called "justifying a loss". But whatever helps him sleep at night.

EasyTarget12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by oswaldogg 24/07/13, 09:58 am

Some guest players helping fill out some out of town players, but most of the team was there.

oswaldogg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pjbezpalko 24/07/13, 10:30 am

No guest players on Andro blue. All players are official and have been since week one of signing.

pjbezpalko
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/13, 10:37 am

so which is it regarding andromeda blue? got conflicting statements here. drunken Question Exclamation scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by pjbezpalko 24/07/13, 10:53 am

My dd plays on Andro blue. ... No guest players!!!!!!

pjbezpalko
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/13, 11:15 am

pjbezpalko wrote:My dd plays on Andro blue. ... No guest players!!!!!!

And oswaldogg was posting about tryouts, thanking players for coming out, and informing that they were full. So his/her daughter doesn't play for them and is completely off base here? Think I'd believe him over a first time poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by axlefoley 24/07/13, 11:21 am

Who cares if guest showed up last week.. The real deal is right now in QT games... Chill out me obsessed.. If they don't play well this week, then u have ur answer...let the games tell the story..
axlefoley
axlefoley
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pjbezpalko 24/07/13, 11:25 am

Believe what you wish. I have no reason to lie.

pjbezpalko
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 24/07/13, 12:22 pm

I saw Andro Blue against Sting Central last weekend. Sting Central is a new team (none of the Sting Gutierrez players are on that team as I understand it). Andro looked good and dominated possession. Won 4-0.

That said, they have a very tough road to hoe this weekend. Their first game is Friday night (myster team - FCD WTX) and second is against Kicks Blue on Saturday. Kicks played last night and doesn't play again until their game against Andro.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/13, 12:43 pm

axlefoley wrote:Who cares if guest showed up last week.. The real deal is right now in QT games... Chill out me obsessed.. If they don't play well this week, then u have ur answer...let the games tell the story..

Give me a break ya doofus - I'm plenty chilled.  I really don't care one bit.  I'm just curious which answer is correct.  Got two people form the same camp making conflicting comments.  If you don't like that someone asked the question, then don't read it any further.  Go bark up someone else's tree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/13, 12:44 pm

pjbezpalko wrote:Believe what you wish.  I have no reason to lie.

THANKS! Appreciate your blessing on that. lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Thermonuclear 24/07/13, 01:13 pm

It's ok - Obsessed can't help being obsessed Neutral 
Thermonuclear
Thermonuclear
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/13, 01:28 pm

Thermonuclear wrote:It's ok - Obsessed can't help being obsessed Neutral 

So true. cheers  Just like anyone else that posts on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport 24/07/13, 03:03 pm

me?obsessed? wrote:
pjbezpalko wrote:My dd plays on Andro blue. ... No guest players!!!!!!

And oswaldogg was posting about tryouts, thanking players for coming out, and informing that they were full.  So his/her daughter doesn't play for them and is completely off base here?  Think I'd believe him over a first time poster.

I'm not sure how the miscommunication occurred, but here are some facts regarding Andromeda - Blue:

(1) There were absolutely no guest players helping out at King Tut. Everyone who took the field was a signed player for the upcoming season.

(2) Prior to King Tut, the team was very full. There were regularly 22+ girls attending the practices. They had come from all over but several were from the recently dissolved Inspire team. I believe that is what you were seeing from Oswaldogg in that he was expressing his appreciation for such a substantial interest in the team.

(3) There were indeed a few key (signed) players that could not compete in King Tut due to injury or being out of town. It was great to see those in attendance cover for their teammates.

(4) My daughter is new to the team (which is why I know all of the above), but I believe she is one of around 6 in total that have joined. In other words, the core group is the same that was in place last season.

All that being said, I don't want to perpetuate some of the suggestions that this team is the latest, greatest threat to hit the LHGCL QT. They had a great season in PPL2 in the spring but are definitely still figuring each other out and learning the coach's expectations. King Tut was just one tournament... and this weekend is the one that "matters". Anything can happen. It's justasport played by 12-13 year old girls. Wink 
JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next