North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 4 Empty Re: Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Post by Guest 02/07/16, 06:49 pm

Thanks OOL! We can see only 3 clubs were added that didnt already have ECNL or is forming an association with a pro academy....Beach, Cincinnati and Lamorinda.

Know about Beach  though a bit surprised Beach over Legends...maybe that's about geography? Cincinnati Cup Gold is very solid and they also merged in a few organizations. Their style of play is definitely possession and technique focused, and they do it with good athletes....this club produced Rose Lavelle and have a bunch of their youngsters already getting called in...makes perfect sense. 

Only headscratcher is Lamorinda. Never seen any lamorinda team in any national level competitive tourney. The nerd in me did some quick google searches on their youtube clips and website, and it appears they are one of those teach the game right and dont worry about competitive level type clubs. Watching their clips they use a posession style playing against teams where they have all the time in the world on the ball. I'm not from socal so maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in on their history. On it's face it sure looks like a statement inclusion to put clubs  on notice ussf is very serious about  philosophy / style of play.

Back to top Go down

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 4 Empty Re: Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Post by outonthelimb 09/07/16, 07:18 pm

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 4 Screen13
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 09/07/16, 07:41 pm

4-3-3 wrote:
newbiefornow wrote:So does the fact that there are 7 CA teams already in indicate that US Soccer is still a West Coast oriented organization? I think if that's it for NTX then it's because those teams held out rather than  couldn't get in. TSC isn't there either, for now.

Why should TSC be in DA? From what I can tell, OFC has as much or better claim. Can't speak for all their teams (other than their ECNL results), but in my dd's age group TSC teams have been nowhere remotely close to OFC in terms of style of play or having the kind of attributes USSF is looking for.

CA is the biggest market. If the best in CA are in, the best in Northeast are in, the best in Midwest are in, the best in Southeast are in, USSF is banking the rest will follow.

newbiefornow wrote:
The possibility of playing DA will be a draw for ECNL caliber players (that's a lot of players). Just as ECNL hasn't really harmed LHGCL except to cream off a relatively small number of kids I think DA will do the same. My money is on at least one and possibly two more NTX Clubs joining but the odds wouldn't by much more than even. The paperwork and loss of control will be a disincentive for some.

Not sure how anyone concludes ECNL hasn't harmed LHGCL. LHGCL is a shadow of itself after u14. And you make it seem like DA spots are being handed out willy nilly and NTX clubs are declining DA offers. I don't think you understand the hierarchy of the parties involved here. USSF is the big dog. I don't buy in much to the structure of the DA since it is yet another closed system, but USSF is still the top dog, and that's where the top players will go. Maybe not all of them right away year 1, but eventually, yes, big dog gets the bone.

You are right though, DA will impact a small # of kids, and those kids should be the best players willing to make the required sacrifice.  ECNL budgets and # of teams won't change anymore than LH has lost total # of teams or total $$, but ECNL quality at the top will be impacted just the same as LH's quality. IMO, the only delta right now today between ECNL and the USYS national league caliber teams is mostly those top of the heap clubs DA just announced (surf, slammers, concorde,etc. are a cut above USYS national level teams...the rest of ECNL, not so much).

newbiefornow wrote:
ECNL will survive as a show case for College coaches simply because of numbers. There will never be enough kids in DA to fill enough of the College slots.

My impression is the DA is being designed as a path to professional play. I hope that path is through college but it's not in the men's game. Now if Soccer could break the NCAA monopoly on access to professional Sports that would be cool.

I doubt it. I think GDA will be the path to the top college programs, simply because college coaches will go where the talent is. The girls game is still all about college no matter how you slice it. College coaches don't limit their scouting to ECNL today, and I doubt they'd limit their scouting to DA in the future.  They look to ECNL first now, but likely, they will look to DA first because the level in ECNL won't have the same concentration of top players. Rather than these composite teams or us club B leagues, I predict the big historical showcases will still be the big draws...Disney, Jefferson, Surf, etc.... the leagues behind DA will be so diluted, it won't be worth the travel budget for college coaches to spend a ton of time with any given league.

newbiefornow wrote:
The DA is a risk but one worth taking. If it works the US will be able to compensate for the lack of extremely wealthy men's professional teams (extending their brands to women) by leveraging the Club infrastructure we have here. My hope is the WPL becomes it's own thing and we all buy tickets and tune in for games. It's a long game but one worth playing.

Despite USSF wanting to align these DAs with NWSL teams, again, still think DA for the majority will be about becoming the best player they can be for college. A tiny # of national team caliber players may get opportunities with YNTs, and an even smaller # will be interested in becoming pro soccer players. Leagues still don't make players, IMO.

Net DA positives for NTX I could see are 1) talented players may get relief from the ridiculous scheduling of high school games while club is still in season, which I'm sure correlates to the epidemic of knee injuries in teenage competitive soccer players, and 2) MAYBE USSF can enforce some standards to encourage development of individual players. Other than that, can't see where the league has much to do with the success of players. People complaining about 4 times a week practice probably don't need to worry about their kids playing DA (I'd put money most kids at that level practice at least that much already anyway).

Guess someone disagreed with you...BTW, your daughter wouldn't be a 00, would she? That team DOES suck! Wouldn't blame you for your opinion about TSC as a whole if you based it on that. But I do believe that one of our ECNL teams won the Texas League this last season, and another was quite respectable (2nd or 3rd?)....

bird04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/07/16, 08:24 pm

The low-point is flowing in Tulsa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/07/16, 08:26 pm

U-14 3rd
U-15 last
U-16 close to last
U-17 1st
U-18 Second to last

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 09/07/16, 09:58 pm

2 out of five ain't bad, to quote Meatloaf! Sort of...

bird04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 09/07/16, 10:10 pm

At least we don't have Rush or AHFC's record! Razz Razz Razz Razz Plus third isn't too bad, IMHO.. stiff comp. And no one gives a sh@t about U18...or they shouldn't. For G*D's sake, they're about to head off to college...enjoy 'em before they're gone!

bird04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 10/07/16, 02:14 pm

4-3-3 wrote:
newbiefornow wrote:So does the fact that there are 7 CA teams already in indicate that US Soccer is still a West Coast oriented organization? I think if that's it for NTX then it's because those teams held out rather than  couldn't get in. TSC isn't there either, for now.

Why should TSC be in DA? From what I can tell, OFC has as much or better claim. Can't speak for all their teams (other than their ECNL results), but in my dd's age group TSC teams have been nowhere remotely close to OFC in terms of style of play or having the kind of attributes USSF is looking for. - quote by 4-3-3

4-3-3, first lets shut your trap. TSCH is in the DA, and it also has had ECNL for years. Now lets get to your reasoning of OFC being better than TSCH. OFC has no claim to anything at all they play the 2nd to 3rd teams from TSCH in State and Cups and they still have trouble against those. All TSCH's top teams play ECNL so 4-3-3 your DD has never played The Big Dogs as you like to state. Second, OFC has yet to prove anything, they can do this next year in Champions League which they should feel fortunate to have been invited too. So maybe you should stop dogging TSCH ECNL results when your club isn't even able to get accepted to any elite league. Sad that your best players have to go to N Texas ECNL clubs to get noticed since OFC did not get in even during the second round this should say enough about OFC's style of play or attributes as considered by USSF. That should conclude this discussion.

Last edited by TulsaFootballDad on 10/07/16, 04:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/16, 03:02 pm

TulsaFootballDad wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:

Why should TSC be in DA? From what I can tell, OFC has as much or better claim. Can't speak for all their teams (other than their ECNL results), but in my dd's age group TSC teams have been nowhere remotely close to OFC in terms of style of play or having the kind of attributes USSF is looking for.

4-3-3, first lets shut your trap. TSCH is in the DA, and it also has had ECNL for years. Now lets get to your reasoning of OFC being better than TSCH. OFC has no claim to anything at all they play the 2nd to 3rd teams from TSCH in State and Cups and they still have trouble against those. All TSCH's top teams play ECNL so 4-3-3 your DD has never played The Big Dogs as you like to state. Second, OFC has yet to prove anything, they can do this next year in Champions League which they should feel fortunate to have been invited too. So maybe you should stop dogging TSCH ECNL results when your club isn't even able to get accepted to any elite league. Sad that your best players have to go to N Texas ECNL clubs to get noticed since OFC did not get in even during the second round this should say enough about OFC's style of play or attributes as considered by USSF. That should conclude this discussion.

Before making accusations towards a young lady it would be in your best interest to know your facts. His DD played the second half of the Texas conference season with Solar 01 Red ECNL. She was with the team in San Diego during the national event in which she was very much a stand out player. Bash parents, bash clubs, but please do not bash young ladies.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 10/07/16, 04:24 pm

Zizou, Accusations towards a Young Woman? What woman? Do you read? I don't know where you read bashing at all in my post EXCEPT where i do bash OFC and 4-3-3's description of TSCH in comparison, from most of the posts here thats all you guys do in N TX, should be able to take it without whining. Like I said OFC club doesn't have anything to offer. If 4-3-3's DD needs to come to N TX to play ECNL, Zizou you just proved my point. I never bashed his DD, and I never would, read the post, but now that I know his DD played ECNL, good for her but my post was about OFC NOT having ECNL or DA and 4-3-3's notion that OFC are better than TSCH which obvious is not true since they are not included in either league as of yet. Maybe you should READ what was posted and understand the meaning before you respond.

Last edited by TulsaFootballDad on 10/07/16, 04:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 10/07/16, 04:44 pm

This dude ^^^ is beyond help...
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/16, 05:05 pm

TulsaFootballDad wrote:Zizou, Accusations towards a Young Woman? What woman? Do you read? I don't know where you read bashing at all in my post EXCEPT where i do bash OFC and 4-3-3's description of TSCH in comparison, from most of the posts here thats all you guys do in N TX, should be able to take it without whining. Like I said OFC club doesn't have anything to offer. If 4-3-3's DD needs to come to N TX to play ECNL, Zizou you just proved my point. I never bashed his DD, and I never would, read the post, but now that I know his DD played ECNL, good for her but my post was about OFC NOT having ECNL or DA and 4-3-3's notion that OFC are better than TSCH which obvious is not true since they are not included in either league as of yet. Maybe you should READ what was posted and understand the meaning before you respond.

Lol,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 10/07/16, 05:13 pm

Besides aren't all of our DD's on ECNL Very Happy  Very Happy  teams
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 10/07/16, 05:16 pm

5050Ball wrote:This dude ^^^ is beyond help...
No one is beyond help if you can ask for it! Very Happy
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 10/07/16, 05:27 pm

The funny thing about OFC parents is that they truely BELIEVE they did not receive ECNL in the state of Oklahoma because TSCH requested The ECNL to hold off picking any other clubs in the state for 5 years. We are beyond that point now. I doubt The ECNL gets dictated to by clubs.
I usually don't post on TX Soccer boards but I do like to read parents posts and my family in the future may move to TX. It's a great state with a lot of good soccer. But when someone continually bashes my DD's club (TSCH) which may not be up to N TX standards yet, but is trying to fill a positive role for girls soccer (ECNL & DA) and then to try to bring them down, can't stand for that.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 10/07/16, 06:36 pm

TulsaFootballDad wrote:The funny thing about OFC parents is that they truely  BELIEVE they did not receive ECNL in the state of Oklahoma because TSCH requested The ECNL to hold off picking any other clubs in the state for 5 years. We are beyond that point now.  I doubt The ECNL gets dictated to by clubs.
      I usually don't post on TX Soccer boards but I do like to read parents posts and my family in the future may move  to TX. It's a great state with a lot of good soccer. But when someone continually bashes my DD's club (TSCH) which may not be up to N TX standards yet, but is trying to fill a positive role for girls soccer (ECNL & DA) and then to try to bring them down, can't stand for that.

The real issue is just Oklahoma in general. Ntx likes to go to the casinos and send their kids to ou because it's easier to get into than ut. But other than that...not much good coming out of that place. Should probably combine with Kansas.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 10/07/16, 06:54 pm

[/quote]

The real issue is just Oklahoma in general. Ntx likes to go to the casinos and send their kids to ou because it's easier to get into than ut. But other than that...not much good coming out of that place. Should probably combine with Kansas. [/quote]

Plus OU has better academics (most national merit scholars) and better athletics, Football, BBall......etc.....Boomer! and UT charges an arm/leg and people instate can't afford it! Other than that it's okay! Lol Very Happy Exclamation
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 10/07/16, 06:59 pm

The real issue is just Oklahoma in general. Ntx likes to go to the casinos and send their kids to ou because it's easier to get into than ut. But other than that...not much good coming out of that place. Should probably combine with Kansas. [/quote]

Plus OU has better academics (most national merit scholars) and better athletics, Football, BBall......etc.....Boomer! and UT charges an arm/leg and people instate can't afford it! Other than that it's okay! Lol Very Happy Exclamation[/quote]

Lol...and you're winning the hearts and minds on this board how??? Btw I'm from kc...just having fun with you.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 10/07/16, 07:04 pm

I'm not trying to win hearts and minds of the UT Alumni in TX. Rivalry is too great. Used to live in O.P. myself. Like i previously stated i have no problem with club talk but didn't appreciate another OK club parent down talking a club that has done the right things to have ECNL and DA.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/16, 07:24 pm

That is where you are wrong again. 4-3-3 is not from OK nor has he ever been associated with a Oklahoma club. He was just giving his opinion on his observation of differences between the two clubs and in his mind why one might be more deserving of DA over the other,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/16, 07:26 pm

This happens often on this board.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/16, 07:28 pm

As for Texas and Oklahoma both Angie and Potter run great soccer program.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 10/07/16, 07:36 pm

Zizou wrote:That is where you are wrong again. 4-3-3 is not from OK nor has he ever been associated with a Oklahoma club. He was just giving his opinion on his observation of differences between the two clubs and in his mind why one might be more deserving of DA over the other,

Well now thats cleared up! A person that thinks he knows OK soccer from TX, great just like he was rating Cali teams, i'm from San Diego! LOL maybe i should just make up observations about N TX teams I know nothing about to place it in the ether. Either way he knows nothing about these clubs other than his so callled OBSERVATIONS and JUDGEMENTS! The good old folks at The ECNL and USSF must not have realized they need the input on who to place in their own leagues. Stick to what ya know!
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/07/16, 07:49 pm

Welcome to any soccer board on the Internet full of observations and judgements. Well good luck to you and your club. Keep up all the good work and development of young soccer players in Oklahoma. Lol.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/07/16, 07:52 pm

TulsaFootballDad wrote:
Zizou wrote:That is where you are wrong again. 4-3-3 is not from OK nor has he ever been associated with a Oklahoma club. He was just giving his opinion on his observation of differences between the two clubs and in his mind why one might be more deserving of DA over the other,

Well now thats cleared up! A person that thinks he knows OK soccer from TX, great just like he was rating Cali teams, i'm from San Diego! LOL maybe i should just make up observations about N TX teams I know nothing about to place it in the ether. Either way he knows nothing about these clubs other than his so callled OBSERVATIONS and JUDGEMENTS! The good old folks at The ECNL and USSF must not have realized they need the input on who to place in their own leagues. Stick to what ya know!

First off let me apologize if I came off as trying to tear down TSC. Wasn't my intent. Really was just making a point I didn't think TSC not being included was a negative for DA in this region.
Admittedly, I'm just a ntx parent, have absolutely zero inside knowledge of USSF's club selection process, and know nothing about TSC's financials, coach credentials, or past national team history. I've watched two age groups play multiple times - 00s and 01s.

Been very impressed with what OFC has put on the field over the years, and likewise, other than a very solid academy team that used to travel to NTX back at u10/u11, what I've seen from tulsa at those age groups wasn't really close. Clearly drawing conclusions based on a limited perspective is flawed. Acknowledged. We all want the best for our kids, so no personal disrespect towards players or families (or the state) was intended.

Zizou - appreciate the support brother.

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 10/07/16, 08:00 pm

Zizou wrote:Welcome to any soccer board on the Internet full of observations and judgements. Well good luck to you and your club. Keep up all the good work and development of young soccer players in Oklahoma. Lol.

We will develop our kids, believe that, if we can win your ECNL Tx div in one age group with less than a 1/10 of your metro's population then that shows true development, You guys should dominate,  we look forward to beating you! Very Happy

Last edited by TulsaFootballDad on 11/07/16, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next