North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Manchester SC- Looking for 1-2 girls Yesterday at 05:02 pmsoccer712
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:28 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:27 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:26 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:26 pmU90C
13 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:25 pmU90C
03 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:22 pmU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:21 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:20 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:19 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:18 pmU90C
13 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:17 pmU90C
RPL - REGIONAL PREMIER LEAGUE - FALL 2021 REGISTRATION OPEN23/07/21, 04:56 pmU90C
LAST DAY OF EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC 23/07/21, 03:19 pmmusaisaya
TCSL FALL 2021 U6-U14 SAVE UP TO $7523/07/21, 11:18 amTXClubSoccer
BVB 10G Green - 1 spot available 23/07/21, 10:05 amAshlock09
FC Fast 2010 Boys (Powell) Looking for 1-2 more players!23/07/21, 08:47 amfcfast10
Texas ECNL Final Club Standings (2020-21)22/07/21, 05:02 pmHooper214
Texas Lonestars open spot. 22/07/21, 07:55 ambigred
NTX CELTIC 13B DUKE- FM,COPPELL,HV,CARROLLTON22/07/21, 05:47 amCelticSoccer
EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC21/07/21, 01:25 pmmusaisaya
Manchester SC 04B Albion Open Sessions20/07/21, 11:46 pmalbionunitedfc@gmail.com
College ID Camp for $60 Men July 21st and Women 22nd20/07/21, 12:12 pmJerlopez
Renegades 13B North - Blanton 19/07/21, 09:41 pmtareyncarol
Solar 07s19/07/21, 08:09 pmcenTex
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14998 registered users
The newest registered user is soccer712

Our users have posted a total of 203250 messages in 30753 subjects

Will ECNL survive?

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Multivitamin 09/01/18, 01:24 pm

Lefty wrote:
Zizou wrote:International teams bring very little to the table as far as increasing competition levels.

Would agree for the most part.  

My perception has been they are typically non-competitive if not affiliated with one of the professional teams, and even then, they tend to be skilled and tactical but woefully short of athletic ability.


Typically non-competitive somewhat agree..... ( although their is teams of girls who play boys and also co-ed who I have seen that are incredible internationally )

When you throw ECNL International - well its like how everyone flocked to DA teams is what would happen in Canada and Mexico. Throw in Costa Rica and Puerto Rico - Both have been competing with ODP for years! Its a win win and whomever grabs the market will benefit and establish themselves as the BEST organization in my book.

Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 150
Join date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Lefty 09/01/18, 01:26 pm

Multivitamin wrote:
Zizou wrote:International teams bring very little to the table as far as increasing competition levels.


Oh contrary the benefits are exponential.
1) International Travel
2) Easier access for colleges to identify International talent
3) More revenue ( all parties ) - not the parents though.
4) Diversity
5) Exposed to different styles of play
6) Exposed to cultural values ( travel play )
7) International Scouts exposure

I'm sure we can add more but this holds a big enough carrot to me to compete with DA!

Oh contrary the benefits are exponential.

I would agree if you had said the COSTS are exponential or the benefits to the coaches and clubs are exponential.

Not sure how many, if any of the items listed benefit a significant number of players.

Who is going to pay the freight in this exponentially more expensive model?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1113
Points : 5592
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Guest 09/01/18, 01:29 pm

Multivitamin wrote:
Zizou wrote:International teams bring very little to the table as far as increasing competition levels.


Oh contrary the benefits are exponential.
1) International Travel
2) Easier access for colleges to identify International talent
3) More revenue ( all parties ) - not the parents though.
4) Diversity
5) Exposed to different styles of play
6) Exposed to cultural values ( travel play )
7) International Scouts exposure

I'm sure we can add more but this holds a big enough carrot to me to compete with DA!

The only thing that matters in any of this is getting the mindshare of college coaches.  If ECNL can find a way to draw quality international players to showcases or playoffs on US soil, that is a drawing card for college coaches that DA wouldn't have.  It will be strategic moves like that, that will keep ECNL relevant.  If ECNL can continue to find ways to draw the college coaches and couple it with the flexibility to allow the girls to still play HS, they will have a shot at stemming a complete exodus of talent to DA.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Multivitamin 09/01/18, 01:56 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:
Zizou wrote:International teams bring very little to the table as far as increasing competition levels.


Oh contrary the benefits are exponential.
1) International Travel
2) Easier access for colleges to identify International talent
3) More revenue ( all parties ) - not the parents though.
4) Diversity
5) Exposed to different styles of play
6) Exposed to cultural values ( travel play )
7) International Scouts exposure

I'm sure we can add more but this holds a big enough carrot to me to compete with DA!

The only thing that matters in any of this is getting the mindshare of college coaches.  If ECNL can find a way to draw quality international players to showcases or playoffs on US soil, that is a drawing card for college coaches that DA wouldn't have.  It will be strategic moves like that, that will keep ECNL relevant.  If ECNL can continue to find ways to draw the college coaches and couple it with the flexibility to allow the girls to still play HS, they will have a shot at stemming a complete exodus of talent to DA.


You and I both know college coaches would flock for international players. Especially the best coming together. But does ECNL want to be the game changer that strengthens international players and teams. Hence hindering the future of US soccer some would debate. I know Kansas and Florida state get some kind of kick backs for recruiting international players. Beyond my realm but it has something to do with diversity/cultural scholarships and other revenue the schools can claim. Its a win win situation for ECNL to do this!
Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 150
Points : 4423
Join date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by SuperCoach 09/01/18, 02:04 pm

If DA bans college play and ecnl goes international, will lh become the go to for college coaches again?
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 202
Points : 2514
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Guest 09/01/18, 02:18 pm

Multivitamin wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:
Zizou wrote:International teams bring very little to the table as far as increasing competition levels.


Oh contrary the benefits are exponential.
1) International Travel
2) Easier access for colleges to identify International talent
3) More revenue ( all parties ) - not the parents though.
4) Diversity
5) Exposed to different styles of play
6) Exposed to cultural values ( travel play )
7) International Scouts exposure

I'm sure we can add more but this holds a big enough carrot to me to compete with DA!

The only thing that matters in any of this is getting the mindshare of college coaches.  If ECNL can find a way to draw quality international players to showcases or playoffs on US soil, that is a drawing card for college coaches that DA wouldn't have.  It will be strategic moves like that, that will keep ECNL relevant.  If ECNL can continue to find ways to draw the college coaches and couple it with the flexibility to allow the girls to still play HS, they will have a shot at stemming a complete exodus of talent to DA.


You and I both know college coaches would flock for international players. Especially the best coming together. But does ECNL want to be the game changer that strengthens international players and teams. Hence hindering the future of US soccer some would debate. I know Kansas and Florida state get some kind of kick backs for recruiting international players. Beyond my realm but it has something to do with diversity/cultural scholarships and other revenue the schools can claim. Its a win win situation for ECNL to do this!

Too much cost and not nearly enough benefit for US Clubs to send teams internationally to play, unless you are talking about OR/WA teams going up to BC to play, or NY/MASS/OH/MI teams going to Ontario/Quebec, and maybe TX/SoCal teams going to Mexico.  However, set up Eastern/Western Canada conferences, a Mexico conference, heck maybe even an England conference.  Have those teams play each other in league matches, just like the current US ECNL regional conferences do.  Then, have those teams come to the US for 1 showcase a year and/or playoffs to get the International players exposure to US college coaches, and you may have something that works and makes some sense.  This assumes that the international players see value in paying to come to the US to pursue playing NCAA soccer.

IMO, the genie is already out of the bottle regarding international players coming to the US to play college soccer, and it's a trend that is only going to continue to grow, regardless of what ECNL or DA does in this area.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Multivitamin 09/01/18, 03:04 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:
Zizou wrote:International teams bring very little to the table as far as increasing competition levels.


Oh contrary the benefits are exponential.
1) International Travel
2) Easier access for colleges to identify International talent
3) More revenue ( all parties ) - not the parents though.
4) Diversity
5) Exposed to different styles of play
6) Exposed to cultural values ( travel play )
7) International Scouts exposure

I'm sure we can add more but this holds a big enough carrot to me to compete with DA!

The only thing that matters in any of this is getting the mindshare of college coaches.  If ECNL can find a way to draw quality international players to showcases or playoffs on US soil, that is a drawing card for college coaches that DA wouldn't have.  It will be strategic moves like that, that will keep ECNL relevant.  If ECNL can continue to find ways to draw the college coaches and couple it with the flexibility to allow the girls to still play HS, they will have a shot at stemming a complete exodus of talent to DA.


You and I both know college coaches would flock for international players. Especially the best coming together. But does ECNL want to be the game changer that strengthens international players and teams. Hence hindering the future of US soccer some would debate. I know Kansas and Florida state get some kind of kick backs for recruiting international players. Beyond my realm but it has something to do with diversity/cultural scholarships and other revenue the schools can claim. Its a win win situation for ECNL to do this!

Too much cost and not nearly enough benefit for US Clubs to send teams internationally to play, unless you are talking about OR/WA teams going up to BC to play, or NY/MASS/OH/MI teams going to Ontario/Quebec, and maybe TX/SoCal teams going to Mexico.  However, set up Eastern/Western Canada conferences, a Mexico conference, heck maybe even an England conference.  Have those teams play each other in league matches, just like the current US ECNL regional conferences do.  Then, have those teams come to the US for 1 showcase a year and/or playoffs to get the International players exposure to US college coaches, and you may have something that works and makes some sense.  This assumes that the international players see value in paying to come to the US to pursue playing NCAA soccer.

IMO, the genie is already out of the bottle regarding international players coming to the US to play college soccer, and it's a trend that is only going to continue to grow, regardless of what ECNL or DA does in this area.

ECNL will not travel internationally - what for? Maybe in years to come.
Its a revenue maker and pleases the college coaches. Not only that but you now open up international sponsorships and some of those directly compete with our National Soccer teams air times bidding wars. Lets get out of the US and see the benefits to this.

1) International sponsorship
2) Growing the market in areas not marketed Can't you see it now RUSH Guadalajara or Liverpool Monterey
3) Possible dual citizenship presents itself ( UMNT knows a lot about this ) Cool
4) Possible broadcast events
5) All-Star exposure to represent country under ECNL patch
6) The benefit to ECNL is not to send players and cost money - The benefit is to receive players and make money!
7) College exposure to international soccer players - Don't forget boys has ECNL too and I"m quite sure many boys from Mexico have a real chance at making it here for college ball.
Cool I don't know about you but its a prestige by many to come to the states and play Americans in soccer - THEY will pay to play at our facilities!

These are just off the top of my head -there is many more!
Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 150
Points : 4423
Join date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Medicine Man 09/01/18, 03:32 pm

Do they get a t shirt?

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 2393
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Multivitamin 09/01/18, 03:37 pm

Medicine Man wrote:Do they get a t shirt?


Yes of course!
And the gift exchanging of International teams like they do at the DIG Laughing
Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 150
Points : 4423
Join date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by President Camacho 09/01/18, 03:49 pm

And the teams from Puerto Rico will want to stay because of electricity and clean water.
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 135
Points : 1552
Join date : 2017-10-20

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Guest 09/01/18, 03:51 pm

Multivitamin wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:
Zizou wrote:International teams bring very little to the table as far as increasing competition levels.


Oh contrary the benefits are exponential.
1) International Travel
2) Easier access for colleges to identify International talent
3) More revenue ( all parties ) - not the parents though.
4) Diversity
5) Exposed to different styles of play
6) Exposed to cultural values ( travel play )
7) International Scouts exposure

I'm sure we can add more but this holds a big enough carrot to me to compete with DA!

The only thing that matters in any of this is getting the mindshare of college coaches.  If ECNL can find a way to draw quality international players to showcases or playoffs on US soil, that is a drawing card for college coaches that DA wouldn't have.  It will be strategic moves like that, that will keep ECNL relevant.  If ECNL can continue to find ways to draw the college coaches and couple it with the flexibility to allow the girls to still play HS, they will have a shot at stemming a complete exodus of talent to DA.


You and I both know college coaches would flock for international players. Especially the best coming together. But does ECNL want to be the game changer that strengthens international players and teams. Hence hindering the future of US soccer some would debate. I know Kansas and Florida state get some kind of kick backs for recruiting international players. Beyond my realm but it has something to do with diversity/cultural scholarships and other revenue the schools can claim. Its a win win situation for ECNL to do this!

Too much cost and not nearly enough benefit for US Clubs to send teams internationally to play, unless you are talking about OR/WA teams going up to BC to play, or NY/MASS/OH/MI teams going to Ontario/Quebec, and maybe TX/SoCal teams going to Mexico.  However, set up Eastern/Western Canada conferences, a Mexico conference, heck maybe even an England conference.  Have those teams play each other in league matches, just like the current US ECNL regional conferences do.  Then, have those teams come to the US for 1 showcase a year and/or playoffs to get the International players exposure to US college coaches, and you may have something that works and makes some sense.  This assumes that the international players see value in paying to come to the US to pursue playing NCAA soccer.

IMO, the genie is already out of the bottle regarding international players coming to the US to play college soccer, and it's a trend that is only going to continue to grow, regardless of what ECNL or DA does in this area.

ECNL will not travel internationally - what for? Maybe in years to come.
Its a revenue maker and pleases the college coaches. Not only that but you now open up international sponsorships and some of those directly compete with our National Soccer teams air times bidding wars. Lets get out of the US and see the benefits to this.

1) International sponsorship
2) Growing the market in areas not marketed Can't you see it now RUSH Guadalajara or Liverpool Monterey
3) Possible dual citizenship presents itself ( UMNT knows a lot about this ) Cool
4) Possible broadcast events
5) All-Star exposure to represent country under ECNL patch
6) The benefit to ECNL is not to send players and cost money - The benefit is to receive players and make money!
7) College exposure to international soccer players - Don't forget boys has ECNL too and I"m quite sure many boys from Mexico have a real chance at making it here for college ball.
8 ) I don't know about you but its a prestige by many to come to the states and play Americans in soccer - THEY will pay to play at our facilities!

These are just off the top of my head  -there is many more!

lol! How about you get #1-5 to happen at the Women's Professional level first. Good luck with that.

Again, #7 is the key, and the potential unique value proposition to college coaches that ECNL could provide over DA. That could help ECNL maintain relevance.

The other stuff is the directions for driving the ECNL truck straight off a cliff.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Multivitamin 09/01/18, 04:16 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:


Oh contrary the benefits are exponential.
1) International Travel
2) Easier access for colleges to identify International talent
3) More revenue ( all parties ) - not the parents though.
4) Diversity
5) Exposed to different styles of play
6) Exposed to cultural values ( travel play )
7) International Scouts exposure

I'm sure we can add more but this holds a big enough carrot to me to compete with DA!

The only thing that matters in any of this is getting the mindshare of college coaches.  If ECNL can find a way to draw quality international players to showcases or playoffs on US soil, that is a drawing card for college coaches that DA wouldn't have.  It will be strategic moves like that, that will keep ECNL relevant.  If ECNL can continue to find ways to draw the college coaches and couple it with the flexibility to allow the girls to still play HS, they will have a shot at stemming a complete exodus of talent to DA.


You and I both know college coaches would flock for international players. Especially the best coming together. But does ECNL want to be the game changer that strengthens international players and teams. Hence hindering the future of US soccer some would debate. I know Kansas and Florida state get some kind of kick backs for recruiting international players. Beyond my realm but it has something to do with diversity/cultural scholarships and other revenue the schools can claim. Its a win win situation for ECNL to do this!

Too much cost and not nearly enough benefit for US Clubs to send teams internationally to play, unless you are talking about OR/WA teams going up to BC to play, or NY/MASS/OH/MI teams going to Ontario/Quebec, and maybe TX/SoCal teams going to Mexico.  However, set up Eastern/Western Canada conferences, a Mexico conference, heck maybe even an England conference.  Have those teams play each other in league matches, just like the current US ECNL regional conferences do.  Then, have those teams come to the US for 1 showcase a year and/or playoffs to get the International players exposure to US college coaches, and you may have something that works and makes some sense.  This assumes that the international players see value in paying to come to the US to pursue playing NCAA soccer.

IMO, the genie is already out of the bottle regarding international players coming to the US to play college soccer, and it's a trend that is only going to continue to grow, regardless of what ECNL or DA does in this area.

ECNL will not travel internationally - what for? Maybe in years to come.
Its a revenue maker and pleases the college coaches. Not only that but you now open up international sponsorships and some of those directly compete with our National Soccer teams air times bidding wars. Lets get out of the US and see the benefits to this.

1) International sponsorship
2) Growing the market in areas not marketed Can't you see it now RUSH Guadalajara or Liverpool Monterey
3) Possible dual citizenship presents itself ( UMNT knows a lot about this ) Cool
4) Possible broadcast events
5) All-Star exposure to represent country under ECNL patch
6) The benefit to ECNL is not to send players and cost money - The benefit is to receive players and make money!
7) College exposure to international soccer players - Don't forget boys has ECNL too and I"m quite sure many boys from Mexico have a real chance at making it here for college ball.
8 ) I don't know about you but its a prestige by many to come to the states and play Americans in soccer - THEY will pay to play at our facilities!

These are just off the top of my head  -there is many more!

lol!   How about you get #1-5 to happen at the Women's Professional level first.  Good luck with that.

Again, #7 is the key, and the potential unique value proposition to college coaches that ECNL could provide over DA.  That could help ECNL maintain relevance.

The other stuff is the directions for driving the ECNL truck straight off a cliff.

I see your #1 through #5
Pretty easy if you ask me. Univision , Bimbo, Tecate to name a few.
Growing a market with an announcement - easy peasy.
Dual citizenship - easy - ask the English coaches around here locally.
Broadcast - remember soccer is like NFL in other countries and they will pay and fill up a small stadium to play Americans. Even broadcasting back home or General news will make a stamp in the scene ( starting out of course ).
All stars - Just follow the same GDA model and group the girls you already do through PDP and ID events.

And I raise you - bet this starts on the boys side first!?!?!?!?

Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 150
Points : 4423
Join date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by President Camacho 09/01/18, 04:45 pm

Holy Quote Boxes Batman!
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 135
Points : 1552
Join date : 2017-10-20

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum