North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Trouble in Paradise? - Page 7 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Trouble in Paradise?

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Trouble in Paradise? - Page 7 Empty Re: Trouble in Paradise?

Post by 918soccer 18/04/18, 10:15 pm

FC Stars Director explains reasons for leaving DA...

https://www.socceramerica.com/publications/article/77573/leaving-the-development-academy-fc-stars-director.html

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 18/04/18, 10:17 pm

Do t feel bad BIGE outside the top teams at the other clubs it was a struggle for the second teams. It's all watered down crappola. It's only going to get worse.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 18/04/18, 10:22 pm

918soccer wrote:FC Stars Director explains reasons for leaving DA...

https://www.socceramerica.com/publications/article/77573/leaving-the-development-academy-fc-stars-director.html

Although legit reasoning ... absolutely no surprises cited here.  And could have something to do with the fact that they were generally bad in one of the weakest of GDA divisions this year.  

But probably not Neutral

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 19/04/18, 12:07 am

Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

ECNL rankings have one team in 7th, 2 in 8th, and 4 in 9th - placing FC Dallas just above Sting Austin in the over-all.

That’s only because FC Dallas stashes all of their excess talent in PPL.
First that would imply they have excess talent. cheers

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you knew this was sarcasm KC --

But tell us who out there does have an "excess" of talent at U13+ ... is it D'Feet?

BigE, the real question is why would players on clubs’ top teams rush to FCD to join their 2nd or 3rd teams? It didn’t happen last year. Why next year?

Granted that it doesn't make a heap of sense for most ... my kid likely wouldn't be one of 'em because my princess is too good to play anywhere but on the top team  Wink

Just have had many convos recently, as have many others I know, with parents from the clubs I mentioned that have said they will be coming out ... maybe they're like me and think their little princess is the best and why the heck wouldn't she make whichever team?  What can I say ... just something about FCD at the higher levels.  Facilities, coaching, benefits, price maybe?  I dunno ...

What I do know is that the FCD ECNL teams woulda been a lot stronger this year if some of the parents of kids that were offered spots would've been able to come to terms with the news that their little ladies weren't offered a GDA spot ... a bunch went back to ECNL at D'Feet and Sting, and a few went to Texans or Solar DA.

Hard NOT to interpret that as “send the peasants back to the village...”

You always have to take those “I’m coming out” statements with a grain of salt. Especially from DTS parents...that commute is a mutha and that’s secondarily why they are still DTS parents. If you’re hearing what I’m hearing then you’re mainly speaking of the ‘05 group. What parent wouldn’t consider the green pastures over there at FCD?! But rest assured that winning and comraderie prevails most of the time when it’s time to bust a move or not and I agree with you on the concept of seeing if lil Susie is worthy of a spot on the “top notch” team of the “top notch” club in the “top of the line” league.

Beware of those parents that aren’t happy but are discrete and have every intention on bailing without long goodbyes or attempts to persuade them to stay.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 19/04/18, 06:06 am

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Brian Griffins BFF wrote:So I guess my questions are, if there is going to be a DA2/DPL thingy to go with DA and ECNL...when do they implement DPL2 and will the big 3 'round these parts participate in all 3 leagues?  Will Sting look at adding a new league?  Can you really milk a cat?  Tough questions that need to be asked...

Very tough questions BG BFFs and outside of a select few at the bigs, not many know for sure.  If they do go with a DPL league similar to SoCal, I'd venture to say that both FCD and Solar go with all three for U14 and up.  If this does happen, the question will be whether they will have the depth of talent to support them.  

From what I've heard in conversation from parents at other clubs, I'd expect the upcoming FCD tryout process to be very well attended and rich with talent.

Based on the club's performance in ECNL this year, I think they should be asking themselves whether FC Dallas has the depth of talent to support competitive teams in 2 leagues before they start thinking about a 3rd.  

ECNL rankings have one team in 7th, 2 in 8th, and 4 in 9th - placing FC Dallas just above Sting Austin in the over-all standings.

Reading stuff like this ^ makes me wish that we had the "Old" icon like they do at SoCal to rate a post.  Hasn't this been mentioned multiple times by you (and/or your cronies) over the past few months? ... Bottom line is that we all know this.  As I just today mentioned ... from what I've heard from the parents of kids at Solar, DT South, and D'FeetRushKicks (and I know this will make someone like yourself cringe), you can expect to have a wealth of talent coming out to FCD tryouts this year, which they'll likely accept with open arms if they do indeed offer the 3 teams per group.  This is why I threw it out there that they may actually be able to support them ... that is all.

As I've also mentioned many times ... there are absolutely 'exceptions' when it comes to the "majority of talent" statement.  However (and I know I'll be kicking a hornet's nest here), what makes you think that 04 Sting ECNL or LP Elite 05 are amongst those exceptions?
Didn't we hear the same thing last year? How did that work out ? Have you ever made the drive from Frisco to Mansfield/Arlington/Fort Worth? 4x per week? No way DTS players are moving to FCD. And I doubt very seriously DfeetRushKicks are either.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 19/04/18, 06:44 am

The coaching carousel continues scene 1555.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 19/04/18, 07:18 am

My guess is that BigEgo has won them over with his humble demeanor, charming personality, and rugged good looks.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/04/18, 07:25 am

PLAY2FEET!! wrote:Always count on change.  Wink
E always counts on his fingers!! Can you see the sarcasm in that one E?! Very Happy

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 19/04/18, 07:37 am

Let me clear up a few misrepresentations here......

1) There is not and never will be a DA2/DPL league.  

2) FC Dallas has not focused on the 2nd tier team in any age group in the last 10 years.  They will not fill 3 leagues because regardless how nice the facility is their infrastructure is not designed to support anything below the top team.  They know the facility will attract the players they need to fill the top team and after that they just don't care.  

3)  All the "top talent" will not be consolidated at FC Dallas and Solar because they have DA.  A vast majority of the talent doesn't care about DA and will not want to participate in it.  Point in case would be FC Stars.  They were bad in their conference because they could not get the better players to give up HS.

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 19/04/18, 08:15 am

Guest101 wrote:Let me clear up a few misrepresentations here......

2) FC Dallas has not focused on the 2nd tier team in any age group in the last 10 years.  They will not fill 3 leagues because regardless how nice the facility is their infrastructure is not designed to support anything below the top team.  They know the facility will attract the players they need to fill the top team and after that they just don't care.  

3)  All the "top talent" will not be consolidated at FC Dallas and Solar because they have DA.  A vast majority of the talent doesn't care about DA and will not want to participate in it.  Point in case would be FC Stars.  They were bad in their conference because they could not get the better players to give up HS.

This ^ is fantastic 101.  Couple questions for ya though ...

Would you not agree that the strongest teams in our area U14-U17 aren't FCD and Solar GDA?  

Do you mean the vast majority of parents don't care about DA and don't want their kids to participate in it?

If you did indeed mean the vast majority of top talented kids here, do ya think they don't care because they desperately want to play HS ball, or is it that they just aren't interested in playing at the highest level (GDA or ECNL)?

How do you have such intimate knowledge of how decisions were based last year at the lil' club based up in Lancaster, Mass?  Soox fan are ya?

On another note ... well played this morning from both KC and SoS -- sincerely.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 19/04/18, 08:21 am

Big Ern wrote:
Brian Griffins BFF wrote:So I guess my questions are, if there is going to be a DA2/DPL thingy to go with DA and ECNL...when do they implement DPL2 and will the big 3 'round these parts participate in all 3 leagues?  Will Sting look at adding a new league?  Can you really milk a cat?  Tough questions that need to be asked...

Very tough questions BG BFFs and outside of a select few at the bigs, not many know for sure.  If they do go with a DPL league similar to SoCal, I'd venture to say that both FCD and Solar go with all three for U14 and up.  If this does happen, the question will be whether they will have the depth of talent to support them.  

From what I've heard in conversation from parents at other clubs, I'd expect the upcoming FCD tryout process to be very well attended and rich with talent.

You didn't answer the cat question.
Why am I not surprised?
Shocked

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 19/04/18, 08:25 am

05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Based on the club's performance in ECNL this year, I think they should be asking themselves whether FC Dallas has the depth of talent to support competitive teams in 2 leagues before they start thinking about a 3rd.  

ECNL rankings have one team in 7th, 2 in 8th, and 4 in 9th - placing FC Dallas just above Sting Austin in the over-all standings.

Reading stuff like this ^ makes me wish that we had the "Old" icon like they do at SoCal to rate a post.  Hasn't this been mentioned multiple times by you (and/or your cronies) over the past few months? ... Bottom line is that we all know this.  As I just today mentioned ... from what I've heard from the parents of kids at Solar, DT South, and D'FeetRushKicks (and I know this will make someone like yourself cringe), you can expect to have a wealth of talent coming out to FCD tryouts this year, which they'll likely accept with open arms if they do indeed offer the 3 teams per group.  This is why I threw it out there that they may actually be able to support them ... that is all.

As I've also mentioned many times ... there are absolutely 'exceptions' when it comes to the "majority of talent" statement.  However (and I know I'll be kicking a hornet's nest here), what makes you think that 04 Sting ECNL or LP Elite 05 are amongst those exceptions?
Didn't we hear the same thing last year? How did that work out ? Have you ever made the drive from Frisco to Mansfield/Arlington/Fort Worth? 4x per week? No way DTS players are moving to FCD. And I doubt very seriously DfeetRushKicks are either.

I dunno.  
Given that I dunno, I dunno ... what I do know is there were 100+ kids at tryouts each day there last year.
Yessir.  Made the drive.
Don't think 4x in a week ... maybe 3?
R..i..g..h..t ... because that's never happened before, and commute times have been such a hindrance for top talent participating on top teams in the past Shocked

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 19/04/18, 08:45 am

05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

It's called a carpool. People have been doing it for years. Gotta want to first.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 19/04/18, 08:49 am

SickofStupidity wrote:Just be aware -  per BigEgo, "the majority of the talent went to the GDA" this past year (apparently with the exception of those Sting 04 ECNL girls, and 05 LP Elite).

So, while FCD will be happy to sell you their second and third tier teams (with the honor of being affiliated with a DA club) . . . or more likely, the last minute switch to one of their finer PPL teams . . . according to BigEgo, the likelihood of your little Suzie actually making their GDA team is pretty much . . . zero.

It is not about being on the top tier team, but it is about training with the top talent pool at a club. IMHO, US emphasizes the game way too much instead of the training. Training with the best 3 times a week and being in a weak league > Training with less talented kids 2 times a week and being in a strong league.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 19/04/18, 08:52 am

I heart Bodhi.

My sentiments exactly Exclamation

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 19/04/18, 09:13 am

Solemn, crow eating, crying into his pillow Biggie was a pleasant surprise yesterday. But he is back to his old self today. Glad to have you back BigErn.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 19/04/18, 09:17 am

Thanks (again) TBurger -

So do you not agree with Bodhi? I believe he is 100% spot on here.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 19/04/18, 09:22 am

Big Ern wrote:Thanks (again) TBurger -

So do you not agree with Bodhi?  I believe he is 100% spot on here.

Thanks for the support Warchild...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 19/04/18, 09:29 am

Big Ern wrote:I heart Bodhi.

My sentiments exactly Exclamation

So FCD has the top 3 coaches in every age group in NTX or at least 3 top quality coaches in every age group?

So good that 3 teams per age group worth of kids should commit themselves to fcd??

AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 19/04/18, 09:31 am

Big Ern wrote:
05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

I dunno.  
Given that I dunno, I dunno ... what I do know is there were 100+ kids at tryouts each day there last year.
Yessir.  Made the drive.
Don't think 4x in a week ... maybe 3?
R..i..g..h..t ... because that's never happened before, and commute times have been such a hindrance for top talent participating on top teams in the past Shocked
I'm sure there were hundreds of kids at tryouts. One thing FCD has never had a problem with is quantity. But you specifically mentioned DTS/Kicks/Rush. Please keep us updated on the number of kids from those teams that are out at tryouts this year. Or that actually end up there. My guess is that it's less than 4
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 19/04/18, 09:36 am

BigE you wont draw me into this nonsensical debating you like to draw the others into.  Just because they can not articulate their thoughts well enough to keep up with you, doesn't mean I will fall prey.   Let's break this down a little further, just to show  how you twist words to support whatever stupid point you're trying to make.  Since you are remedial (actually you're not, you know exactly what you're doing and they all fall for it) I will color coordinate everything to try to assist you from getting lost.

Big Ern wrote:

Would you not agree that the strongest teams in our area U14-U17 aren't FCD and Solar GDA?  This is a stand alone point and irrelevant to what I posted.  If you would like to post the scores between every ECNL vs GDA team in those age groups you have listed to prove your point I will gladly acknowledge them.  If not stop wasting everyone's time with irrelevant questions you have no desire to back up with data.

Do you mean the vast majority of parents don't care about DA and don't want their kids to participate in it? No I mean exactly what I said which is- A vast majority of the talent doesn't care about DA  Changing the wording of my original statement from "A" to "THE" gives the sentence an entirely new meaning and you are not fooling anyone here.

If you did indeed mean the vast majority of top talented kids here, do ya think they don't care because they desperately want to play HS ball, or is it that they just aren't interested in playing at the highest level (GDA or ECNL)?  Another irrelevent point, since this is not what I said.  Unfortunately, I am too intelligent to get off track and argue senseless conversation.  Try to be a little more intelligent and a lot less like MedMan

How do you have such intimate knowledge of how decisions were based last year at the lil' club based up in Lancaster, Mass?  Soox fan are ya?  This I actually like!  Well played and agreed I am merely speculating

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 19/04/18, 09:37 am

Who will coach FCD 05 DA next year?
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 19/04/18, 09:47 am

Big Ern wrote:

Although legit reasoning ... absolutely no surprises cited here.  And could have something to do with the fact that they were generally bad in one of the weakest of GDA divisions this year.  

But probably not Neutral

I guess PDA, Hawks, et al are departed for the same "can't compete" reasoning you imply here to undoubtedly support your narrative?

Last edited by Gunners on 19/04/18, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 19/04/18, 09:54 am

Guest101 wrote:BigE you wont draw me into this nonsensical debating you like to draw the others into.  Just because they can not articulate their thoughts well enough to keep up with you, doesn't mean I will fall prey.   Let's break this down a little further, just to show  how you twist words to support whatever stupid point you're trying to make.  Since you are remedial (actually you're not, you know exactly what you're doing and they all fall for it) I will color coordinate everything to try to assist you from getting lost.

Big Ern wrote:

Would you not agree that the strongest teams in our area U14-U17 aren't FCD and Solar GDA?  This is a stand alone point and irrelevant to what I posted.  If you would like to post the scores between every ECNL vs GDA team in those age groups you have listed to prove your point I will gladly acknowledge them.  If not stop wasting everyone's time with irrelevant questions you have no desire to back up with data.

Do you mean the vast majority of parents don't care about DA and don't want their kids to participate in it? No I mean exactly what I said which is- A vast majority of the talent doesn't care about DA  Changing the wording of my original statement from "A" to "THE" gives the sentence an entirely new meaning and you are not fooling anyone here.

If you did indeed mean the vast majority of top talented kids here, do ya think they don't care because they desperately want to play HS ball, or is it that they just aren't interested in playing at the highest level (GDA or ECNL)?  Another irrelevent point, since this is not what I said.  Unfortunately, I am too intelligent to get off track and argue senseless conversation.  Try to be a little more intelligent and a lot less like MedMan

How do you have such intimate knowledge of how decisions were based last year at the lil' club based up in Lancaster, Mass?  Soox fan are ya?  This I actually like!  Well played and agreed I am merely speculating

I’m not instigating but....oooouuuuuu he got with ya BigE!!
That’s hip talk for “he is on your level”

I’ll just wait right here.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 19/04/18, 10:26 am

Get your ticket and get back in line.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hang1053 19/04/18, 10:42 am

Good article.

Thank you,

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next